BKK to India on a monthly basis

Hi everyone,

Bit of advice please. I'm currently living in the UK and travel to India on a monthly basis for my work the rest of the time I work from home.

I'm thinking of coming over to BKK for a year and continue to travel to India which will save me a lot of money (flights are a lot cheaper) and a lot of time. the rest of the time as long as I have internet I can work from any location.

My question is

On a multi entry visa will I only be able to visit India 3 times which equates to 3 months then renew my multi entry visa in India to come back? I presume i'll be able to renew this in India or will I have to travel back to the UK?

Any advice appreciated.

Thank in advance

How long are you stays in Thailand going to be?

You could possibly get a letter from the company you are working for and get a multiple entry non-b visa from one of the consulates in the UK. Just have it state you will doing your R&R in Thailand.

I think you might only be able to get a 2 entry visa and they will want confirmed tickets for each entry in India.

+1 on UJ.

India is not an easy place to get any form of Thai visa, they love their red tape (but you'd know that already).

They are also strict at the airports on the onward flight requirement for Visa Exempt entry so you'll be needing to get flights sorted well in advance if going that route for your Thai visits.

Thanks for the reply's.

I have a 1 year business visa for India and i have to admit Delhi Airport immigration are the most painful I've ever dealt with, everything is scrutinized and every visit is a pain. Leaving is far worse than arriving.

I WAS looking at a year in BKK

How long will your visits to Thailand be?

If you can manage on visa exemptions (30 days) just arrange your flights from the Indian end so you have flights out of Thailand and you're good to go.

I've mostly been flying into southern India via Bangalore sorry, Bengaluru, they're rather more friendly on the immigration front, even the airport taxis are metered and no rip offs :)

Thanks for the reply's.

I have a 1 year business visa for India and i have to admit Delhi Airport immigration are the most painful I've ever dealt with, everything is scrutinized and every visit is a pain. Leaving is far worse than arriving.

As a matter of interest do you say that because they make you produce a tax clearance certificate every time you leave?

Edited by Asiantravel

Thanks for the reply's.

As a matter of interest do you say that because they make you produce a tax clearance certificate every time you leave?

No they don't ask for a tax clearance they just scrutinize everything, Boarding Card, Visa, Passport & Departure Card. They make you feel worthless and show no respect whatsoever. If you make a mistake on the departure card (similar to landing card) they want you to complete a new one. Bloody hard work.