Civil Court finds Supodh guilty of being 'unusually rich'

webfact

Unusually rich what a nice way to put it! Perhaps he was looking after it for someone elsewhistling.gif .

What I want to know is this..............is corruption on the Thai curiculum or do you have to go to night school to learn this advanced business study? Seems to be a lot of it about, almost as popular as the Premier League!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bad day for the reds. This guy was supposed to be exonerated and compensated by the Thaksin amnesty bill for the inconvenience he suffered by those pesky law enforcement officers and nosy journalists. My heart bleeds for him!

Put your brain in gear before starting your mouth bah.gif

great troll reply giggle.gif

Mmmm.....guess you should know. wink.png

Another one to bite the dust.....many more to come.

Please, do not forget to vote for PTP on Sundayfacepalm.gif

Yes, do not forget to vote for PTP. They are serious in tackling irregularities, corruption, conflict of interest and abused of power. Charlerm really had Supodh nailed.

When is someone going to nail Chalerm and his irregularities, corruption, conflict of interest, and abuse of power?

Will you do it???

Bad day for the reds. This guy was supposed to be exonerated and compensated by the Thaksin amnesty bill for the inconvenience he suffered by those pesky law enforcement officers and nosy journalists. My heart bleeds for him!

Wrong. Happy day for the Red. He was in AV coalition government.

Not for long, the reds will follow shortly, Or run off to Dubai and escape justice!

Good. Oh ya, the red will follow

Obviously corruption in Thailand is systemic. This man began his career in 1977!

But Thaksin remains the worst of the lot, with crime and corruption accusations behind every successful business deal he profits from, beginning with his computer business.

Who remembers the big pallets of currency found in the Shinawatra home when he first sought exile in 2006? It looked like a picture from a Pablo Escobar-featured film

Another Thaksin man found guilty.

This is exactly why Bangkok should be shutdown.

To remove Thaksin.

No Thaksin, no corruption.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif How naive can you get?

Comment withdrawn - must surely have been irony?

Edited by SantiSuk

On the contrary, it is a good day for everyone when a crook gets caught. The implication in your post that this activity applies to one side only is, as with almost all your posts, ludicrous

If you agree that its a good thing a crook get caught (and i think it is no matter what his political allegiance is) then what is wrong with examining the corruption in the rice program with forged documents and its chaired by YL. Seems like corruption too but the reds are against it calling it politically motivated. While id say forging documents is corruption.

But I am happy that you don't try to defend the guy and I hope that many more will follow red yellow green. The moment the big money is out the from the politics the fights go away. That is why tougher laws are needed and statue of limitation on corruption should be gone like Suthep says with some luck he will get caught by his own plan too. But many others will for sure.

You've completely lost your marbles in your knee-jerk reaction.

The episode took place during the Abhisit illigitimate government, when the most corrupt politician ever to walk the parliamentary stage Khun Newin had been given that glorious pot of honey, the Transport Ministry, as a reward for defecting to the Dems. Obviously, so massive were the rip-offs and bribes that some had to be farmed out to Supoth.

Far from being an embarrassment to the reds, it sheds some light on the total corruption that pervaded the last short-lived Democrat administration, when of course Mr Purity - old Suthep Thuggybum was Deputy Prime Minister.

• Like 1

Yes, do not forget to vote for PTP. They are serious in tackling irregularities, corruption, conflict of interest and abused of power. Charlerm really had Supodh nailed.

When is someone going to nail Chalerm and his irregularities, corruption, conflict of interest, and abuse of power?

Will you do it???

I'd be happy to do so, but I don't believe my help is needed because it sounds from both you and this poster that the crimebusters over at Pheu Thai seem to be all over this sort of corruption thingy.

This is one of many cases PT has been exposing, and taking all manner of political flak for exposing too.

I feel confident they'll be nailing this Charlern guy very soon.

Edited by sammyD

He was transport secretary under the Democrats last government. He got very rich, he had a big house full of cash that he shouldn't have. Pheu Thai prosecuted him.

You getting closer to what his job really is. At least you finally stopped erroneously calling him the Transport Minister, but he's not the Transport Secretary, either.

Problem is you slipped in a new error this time.

He was not prosecuted by Pheu Thai. Political parties don't do that.

"the seizure of his assets worth Bt46.14 million" some financial amnesia seems to have set in here. The story I recall was that the robbers were arrested with some 100m baht and when questioned admitted that they simply couldnt carry any more money from Suphot's house. The robbers estimated that there was a billion baht in his house, but when initially questioned he maintained he had less than 700m baht. a lot of people must have been paid off before the court reached the amount of 46.14m!

"The story I recall was that the robbers were arrested with some 100m baht".

Bad recall, nothing like that amount.

Another Thaksin man found guilty.

This is exactly why Bangkok should be shutdown.

To remove Thaksin.

No Thaksin, no corruption.

I'd like to see every redshirt leader and every Gov MP subjected to this type of scrutiny - I suspect what they uncover would be quite shocking, why is there not a dept set up to do random investigations

They only caught this POS by accident

Why stick to the govt representatives?

Does he get any custodial sentence. Money can always be replaced.

Narumol Saplom, Sutthiwan Saplom, Chalee Chaimongkol, Anek Jongsathien, Suebpong Prapyai, and Sutthawan Prapyai would like to express their thanks to k.Tarit for making their false testimony legal (if only temporarily).

Thats only a drop in the ocean!

And oceans are fed by mighty rivers with humble beginnings.

attachicon.gifsource_of_the_amazon_river.jpg

The debate whether Suphot was PTP, Dem or Mickey Mouse Club is academic.

He is a Thai politician who has amassed a vast fortune that is being questioned as to its source.

His political affiliations are irrelevant, the fact is he's corrupt in a big way and many more of his type, Thaksin, Suthep, Chalerm will be investigated further as time goes by. I haven't even mentioned the barons of thai industry, their time will come, but that's private money. Suphot was a 'civil servant'/

As a "civil servant", I don't think Suphot is a politician, but a bureaucrat, strictly speaking. Although in Thailand's patron-client structured society, where a general can double up as a politician and businessman quite easily and everybody knows who they have to kow-tow to in the system, the line is pretty thin as to who constitutes a "politician". I think his affiliations do matter, as it will be a politician from one party or another who he paid off to put him in that post. Tracing the line upstream of Suphot would be interesting to learn.wink.png

• Like 1

Unusually Rich.Its illegal ?.That is actually a crime ?.Then it should also be a crime to be unusually stupid.Or unusually dumb.Or unusually poor.

It's just a different way of expressing laws found in many countries. If you have wealth whose source you cannot explain then it is fair to assume the source was illegal. The criminal version would be tax evasion, the downfall of Al Capone.