Recommend A Good Back Doctor?

tuffy

I have had back problems for years and continually see a chiropractor for relief but they have never fixed the problem. Lately it has been getting worse instead of better. Can anyone recommend a good doctor to consult in the Pataya area? Thanks!

I have had back problems for years and continually see a chiropractor for relief but they have never fixed the problem. Lately it has been getting worse instead of better. Can anyone recommend a good doctor to consult in the Pataya area? Thanks!

Well, i don't know any doctors down there but I'd like to let you know about what happened to me. About 15 years ago, i had a jet ski accident and lived with back pain for about 13 years. It was my L5 S1 disc, the last one near the end of the spine. It was buldging and partly ruptured. There were times when i couldn't get out of bed and the chiropractor just made things worse. Then i went to see a orthopedic surgeon and they performed a Anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF) surgery. That surgery was over 2 years ago and I've never had any pain. The morning after the sugery, I was walking. They went in under my belly, removed the bad disc, put the cages in, flipped me over and put the screws and rods in. You can't even see the scar. I have been snowboarding, jet sking, sky diving and I practice martial arts and boxing and it never has let me down.

http://www.espine.com/diagnosis_aifusion.html

Now, there's a link to explain more of it. I don't know if any surgeons perform this in Thailand. My doctor was Langsten Holly at the UCLA medical center in Los Angeles. Insurance covered the whole thing.

Give that a try and see what your options are...

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for the advise but you are one of the only positive stories I have heard about back replacement surgery.

I hope that mine doesn't come to that and I would like to hear some opinions on Thai doctors and their competence here.

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is probably your best bet in seeing a doctor in the Pattaya area. I know that their main branch in Bangkok offers exceptional service.

If possible however, I think you should just make the trip to Bangkok and visit BNH Hospital as they may be the best Spine Surgery Hospital.

If you go with Bangkok Hospital then they can easily transfer you to their Bangkok branch for complicated procedures and your routine check-ups at their Pattaya Branch. They are currently expanding in Pattaya and nearly finished at their main branch here in Bangkok. That's the only downside of visiting their hospital at the moment, but should look nice later on.

-Rich

Go and see Nigel at The Iron Man Gym located in Jomtien Complex.

He has sorted my back and shoulder problems out for me and he doesn't charge the earth.

His Tel No is 060091368

Be warned , sometimes you have to book a few days in advance as he is so busy.

2nd warning , be prepared to cry , his fingers are made of steel :o