Shots, blasts as protest rivals clash on Thai election eve

Lite Beer

What lovely friendly gentle PDRC SCUM !

And what about the pro-government people shooting at them?

Old one eye has his point of view WB.

One may describe it as a point of view, but I see his posts as nothing more than wind-ups, similar to old GK, purely designed to get a bite. The sort of blokes I avoid like the plague when I go to my local bar for a beer. biggrin.png

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you been to Thailand? I just flew in from India last week. India part of Thailand? My flight was 100% international (not domestic).

There is only 1, and only 1 airport in Bangkok. It is in Don Muang district of Bangkok.

DMK fly to All 12 ASEAN countires PLUS India, Sir Lanka, Bangladesh, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan. I am talking scheduled commercial flights, and have not counted privet chartered.

Number of passengers in 2013 is 15,562,753 (source from Wiki). Yes, MORE than a million a month/

http://donmueangairportthai.com/

Suvarnabhumi Airport is in Samutprakarn province. You said it yourself. Samutprakarn province is NOT Bangkok. Here is a wiki link to prove you are wong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samut_Prakan_Province

Suvarnabhumi is Bangkok's main international airport. Don Muang is Bangkok's second international airport.

More than 45 million people fly into Bangkok through Suvarnabhumi. Saying that Don Muang is Bangkok's only international airport is not really true.

You guys are splitting hairs. You are both right, and both wrong. New Bangkok International Airport is located in Samut Prakan province. This is a separate and distinct province from Bangkok. Nor is it administered by the Bangkok Metropolitan administration. As such it is not part of Bangkok. However, Samat Prakan and 4 provinces make up the Bangkok Metropolitan Region and in that respect is considered associated with Bangkok, although technically not part of Bangkok. The airport would not have been built where it was and called New Bangkok International Airport if there wasn't an intent to associate it with Bangkok. Your argument illustrates why it was so difficult to get the rail line built. There were multiple jurisdictions, each with their own agenda.

RT@RichardBarrow: VIDEO: Gunfire & explosions in #Bangkok on the eve of national elections - RT @go6tv: คลิปปะทะ แยกหลักสี่ youtube.com/watch?v=_wVmQA #Thailand

This video shows only what's going on in a relatively small area of the city, if this starts really spreading Thailand will be in a bigger mess. Let's pray that this will not happen. If it does you can bet that we will all be affected in one way or another. Prices will be going up! I've already had it happen to me. It's costing me almost 300 baht more for an A\C unit being shipped to me from BKK.

The two foreigners I observed in the video raised my curiosity, the ones seen in the room where someone appeared to be treated for a wound. Anyone have any idea why there might be foreigners in that situation?

Are you going to be ok, pal?

• Like 1

And what about the pro-government people shooting at them?

Old one eye has his point of view WB.

One may describe it as a point of view, but I see his posts as nothing more than wind-ups, similar to old GK, purely designed to get a bite. The sort of blokes I avoid like the plague when I go to my local bar for a beer. biggrin.png

If you have been hung by your own petard, deal with it. I haven't participated in this discussion.

• Like 1

Don't know about AFP, but all the others were cheerleading the invasion of Iraq because of all those WMDs. Yep, they have a monopoly on truth and must always be listened to as if they are the word of God.

Should we wait to see what BlueSky says then? If they had an English soundtrack, we might be able to do so.

Besides, not all foreign media were "cheerleading the invasion of Iraq because of all those WMDs". The media were reporting what the US & UK govts were saying - the media were the messengers for the most part.

The Thai mainstream channels do not seem to show a lot of these clips - and virtually no probing questions asked. Plus they are in Thai.

We have to rely on the foreign media, or various websites, to get the news.

And the translations we do get are Google translator standard that make the Thai speaker sound like an imbecile. Admittedly many of these people ARE imbeciles but Im sure they can express themselves in their own language with more intelligence than the translations suggest. The art of translation is to capture not the literal words but the meaning of the speaker. Most Thai to English news translators fail at this miserably and their results are dribble. Which lead us non-Thai speakers to view them (the person being quoted) as a semi-literate idiot.

Please, give us better translations!

Who was shooting at and throwing bombs at the anti-government protesters?

Apparently it was the anti-government protesters themselves, kinds like an attempted mass suicide. The redshirts would never commit such a violent act, they are all lovely, hand working rice farmers with real family values. whistling.gif

Sad Beginning!!!

It is sad to see how things turned up, 2 leaders and their followers fighting for a political reason which will benefit no one else other than the political leaders.

In quite few interviews- both sides seem to be using the name of Ghandi as an example for their demonstrations, I find this offensive when protesters from both sides are carrying weapons and causing damage to life, property and to each other. Thai people need to learn to live with each other in harmony and to respect each person's ability.

It is every citizens right to vote, to be free to choose what he or she wants in their life. Stopping people from voting or even stepping out of their homes is a serious crime and this is the fault of the police and the armed forces. They should have put an end to this mess right at the beginning.

It now seems like every year each party takes an opportunity to burn this city and to cause havoc in the name of politics.

All you clowns who are getting your jollies over the anti-government protesters arming themselves want taking out the back and flogging.

What do you expect them to do when attacked by the murderous red scum ? Throw bananas ? Grow a brain between you if that is at all possible. Any Thai people who read your stupid comments would be justified in not liking foreigners.

Looks like all the scum has floated to the top of this stew.

Guys, both sides were armed and firing at each other. The specifics don't really matter so much..

the difference is one side is trying subjugate democracy.

c'mon Larry, surely you mean "subjugate a parody of democracy", n'est pas?

.. ill faux rire

Another video, it looks like a rear guard for Sutheps lot threw bombs and fired shots at the pro-democracy protestors. We know the gunman was with the Suthep group, and we know he has a modern army weapon.

Here is another video showing the shot man. Yes he is a pro-democracy one.

(girl)"elder don't go anywhere"

"he's hiding in the box in the middle of the road"

(man)"police police up there up there"

(girl)"ours got shot" (I think she's pro-democracy)

(girl) "pull him back pull him to safety"

(girl)"he hide in the box on the middle of the road"

(girl)"the box middle of the road, he there"

(shot) (shot) (shot)

(guy 3:00) "on the bridge on the bridge"

(man)"call the ambulance, ambulance"

(girl) "hey don't move it yet"

can you please explain exactly what this video is supposed to prove?! one person (presumably red-shirt), hiding behind a car, recording 4 minutes of video of absolutely nothing, and a 30 second dialog of a rumour told by someone else hiding and seeing (or knowing) absolutely nothing for sure. i do not choose a side in this situation (actually i choose neither), but this posting was just a waste of space and a post count boost .

Very near the one and only International in Bangkok. You can even hear a jet landing in the back ground.

Still safe for Farang tourist? You decide yourself.

The Tollway on top will be closed soon (said protest leader yesterday), so the only way to get to/from the only International in Bangkok is the one that appears on the clip.

Have you ever been to Thailand?

The International airport is Suvarnabhumi Airport in Samutprakarn, which is nowhere near Lak Si.

The nearest airport to Lak Si is Don Muang, which ceased to operate as the International airport when Suvarnabhumi Airport was opened in September 2006.

Have you been to Thailand? I just flew in from India last week. India part of Thailand? My flight was 100% international (not domestic).

There is only 1, and only 1 airport in Bangkok. It is in Don Muang district of Bangkok.

DMK fly to All 12 ASEAN countires PLUS India, Sir Lanka, Bangladesh, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan. I am talking scheduled commercial flights, and have not counted privet chartered.

Number of passengers in 2013 is 15,562,753 (source from Wiki). Yes, MORE than a million a month/

http://donmueangairportthai.com/

Suvarnabhumi Airport is in Samutprakarn province. You said it yourself. Samutprakarn province is NOT Bangkok. Here is a wiki link to prove you are wong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samut_Prakan_Province

Gents.

There are 2 international airports in Bangkok.

Don Muang handles the budget airlines such as Air Asia and I think a Korean airline that fly internationally. It also handles budget domestic from mainly Air Asia and Nok Air.

Suvarnabhum handles the main international carriers as well as domestic from Thai and Bangkok airlines

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Rubbish. You hope they will censors all this evidence, showing Suthep's mob shooting and throwing bombs.

I sense the same on here. There is a small clique constantly trying to get things removed and bleating when things they don't like turn up.

These pics are all over the Internet and Thaivisa is a place we come to discuss them. What a cretin, to join a discussion and they scream all over the place when you don't like the pics.

I loved the one on Youtube last night for the picnic. It started with the worlds ugliest ladyboy and managed to go down hill. That was PDRC propaganda, but we spread it for them as it was so funny.

Bet suthep had s sleepless night pouring over all those pics. When he went on stage for his evening tantrum, most had not come out.

Who is "we"? The Panthip Pro-PTP Propaganda Mill?

• Like 2

Seeing that this topic has turned into a pro-reds/anti Suthep versus anti-reds/anti-Thaksin fiasco I have one question to ask the pro-reds/anti-Suthep's.

Personally I have nothing against the red-shirt ideology, that is wealth should be more evenly distributed thereby narrowing the gap between the have's and have-nots and also reducing the influence of the entitled. I am all for inheritance tax and land tax as these are the two significant areas that the have's propagate their control of wealth and power. My question is how can the red shirts continue to support a leader (Thaksin) who has been convicted of corruption in several cases, attempted to pass an Amnesty law (which has been ruled as unconstitutional), and concocted the rice-pledging scheme at the loss of billions of baht for taxpayers be seen as having the competence, good governance and legitimacy to lead Thailand? I'm neither saying the Democrats or Suthep are competent either but how can you really justify Thakinsomics? The red shirts need to support someone else other then PTP (Thaksins) who have a better track record to lead their cause so that the other side cannot justify their need to uprise.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 1

There's just no doubt paramilitary are out there now, and probably right now are resupplying themselves with ammunition expended earlier last night.

:rolleyes:

Since when do farang in China have access to personnel records of Thais in Thailand?

Take a look at this video at this 15 second mark, is that badge on the front of his car grill (left of center on the front grill)?

This is one of the most puzzling images on that video:

Video01.jpg

The Police does not prevent the vandalism, neither identify the troublemakers, and it is not even worried about people with guns.

That same scene is repeated in many other pictures.

It seems like the Police wants violence to happen, no matter who create it.

Edited by MGP

There's just no doubt paramilitary are out there now, and probably right now are resupplying themselves with ammunition expended earlier last night.

rolleyes.gif

Since when do farang in China have access to personnel records of Thais in Thailand?

You shouldn't allow yourself to be so confused in public.

PM me if you want to know what the Chinese are doing and know about these developments in Thailand, because I can say to you the CCP and the PRChinese are, shall we say very, um, interested.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif

You shouldn't allow yourself to be so confused in public.

PM me if you want to know what the Chinese are doing and know about these developments in Thailand, because I can say to you the CCP and the PRChinese are, shall we say very, um, interested.

Please tell me you're not going to try and turn this thread into another one of your worldwide Chinese conspiracy to conquer the universe rants.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif

Sorry if you are apparently confused, but I was referring to your definitive postulation that could only come from someone reviewing personnel records of these unidentified individuals.

My question is how can the red shirts continue to support a leader (Thaksin) who has been convicted of corruption in several cases, attempted to pass an Amnesty law (which has been ruled as unconstitutional), and concocted the rice-pledging scheme at the loss of billions of baht for taxpayers be seen as having the competence, good governance and legitimacy to lead Thailand? I'm neither saying the Democrats or Suthep are competent either but how can you really justify Thakinsomics? The red shirts need to support someone else other then PTP (Thaksins) who have a better track record to lead their cause so that the other side cannot justify their need to uprise.

Isn't it the same trick everywhere? Obama, the hero of the small guy under who wealth disparity has reach new records and who goes on 15 million $ holidays.As long as people believe that a person who wants to subjugate you and rob you (taxation) has your best interest at hart, people are ripe for the picking. So you as a taxation proponent know the answer. Why do you think an entity with the right to take people's wealth and land and has theforce to back that, care about the people they can dominate.?

The lians would be secured and paid but now, court system has raised concerns (Year late! Cant you see the ironic timing) so now, banks wont offer lians since the whole funding scheme is in question by the courts.

The lians would be secured and paid but now, court system has raised concerns (Year late! Cant you see the ironic timing) so now, banks wont offer lians since the whole funding scheme is in question by the courts.

I assume you're talking about rice payments. The courts, EC and banks raised concerns about the care-taker government taking out new loans. That has only been an issue for less than 2 months.

The logic of some westerners here who support red terrorist cells is just laughable. Let us recap. The core red shirt leader, Ko Tee and others publicly admit that they have been moving arms and weapons to Bangkok for the last few months, they publicly admit that they cannot wait for the civil war to start so they can PURGE the elite, they've been continually attacking protesters throughout January which resulted in regrettable loss of life and numerous injuries etc...etc... and yet you act surprised when the other side on the political divide takes some measure to protect their people and themselves. <deleted> is wrong with you people? Ko Tee claimed they plan a campaign of terror and mass murder of the elite. According to all unbiased sources this particular incident was caused by the red terror cell which was dispatched to remove protesters from the particular site. They attacked first and were met with the resistance. PDCR guards have duty to protect people. Or you wish to deny them right to defend themselves and people around? If you were the elite would you let some clearly deranged people come to your city and purge your family members? Any normal person would take preventive measures. It's tragic than neither the army nor the police can guarantee people security. Get a life.

Yes, right to vote but under the normal circumstances. Yes, right to vote when the amnesty bill is finally buried. All this mess, waste of life, waste of time, waste of country's financial resources, all of that just to whitewash crimes of a single man. Bloody disgrace. Do not even try to justify it. And don't give me that cheap argument about people's right to vote.

Edited by Mackie
  • Like 2

Actually, CNN reported had coverage of a anti Govt protester with the bag/rifle. The news reporter was within 6m of the guy. Why no police???

Same reported on the ABC Australia that PDRC members are armed with possible automatic weapons.