Shots, blasts as protest rivals clash on Thai election eve

Lite Beer

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People on Suthep's side tell me they are winning, but people on TV say no. Certainly, if anti protestors are able to be assassinated without police reactions, other than trying to find out who are supporting the anti protestors,,then the anti protestors can't be winning. No need for some on TV to call on the army to murder them as well. Corruption wins!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Does this actually make any sense to you? I have re-read it twice and you need to proofread more carefully - or use the edit facility. It's a jumble.

It still makes sense to me, but then I wrote it fast. I will try again, stretching it out this time.

People in Suthep's camp tell me they are winning. They are looking to the courts. The National Anti-Corruption Commission will bring formal charges against 15 for rice g to g contracts, they are still deciding whether to charge YL for possible malfeasance and on another case are investigating 381 former Mp's and senators.

Still, the PDRC are getting no support that one would normally expect from a police force. You can throw grenades at them, shoot them to death, beat them and no normal police response. There is an investigation from the DSI, but only to try to find out who is supporting them, not who is killing them. If the caretaker government is able to continue in government as before for a long period, then Suthep's camp loses.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

All the stops being pulled out tonight on the red side. Pic after pic and I hope they can finally nail this coup.

Shouldn't laugh as it is very serious, but their pistol man looks like a medic... Maybe got sick of sexist comments and decided to see what life is like away from the surgery.

Lot more to come here as Suthep got up on stage before all this hit the web. When he calms down and stops taking his big cheques. he might have a shock at his evening debrief.

Big cheques tonight. Really ready for Chalerm to nail anybody that could put this armed mob out there on a saturday afternoon. And chalerm speaks the same language as Suthep, so maybe a new bed for him to hide under. The Army can't say they are defending the country whilst they let this happen, they' have to really disgrace them selves and coup, or pull the plug on Suthep... and very soon.

BfZbcKjCQAAbU3O.jpg

didn't you say a few pages back you weren't going to post anymore pictures?! wai2.gif

Got to make sure we all know what is going on here. Election day is still on tomorrow despite the best efforts of Suthep.

My dearest wish is that he is one day held to account for this. I think today with the emergence of this mob, he is finished. Tonight he is down to a few airheads from TV telling everyone to have a picnic.

Quite the reverse image is portrayed now to the world from what he set out to show. All the "educated" thai mass uprising.

What we see and what he is proving is that he has a few thousand of Thailand worst educated people hanging round him. At the least sign of hearing anything they dont' like, they blow whistles. The myth of this educated uprising is shattered here today.

Worrying for the elites behind this... it they are outed in no uncertain terms. Thaksin will have seen this and there will be much more to come from this. You think anybody is going to say this armed militia taking up positions with soldiers amongst then is the work of anybody other than Suthep/elite/dem/backers.

It's horrific and they should all be jailed for life at the very least.

• Like 2

This guy is likely to go the way of Seh daeng. Looks like a commie if I ever saw one.

no, commies are armed with communist manifesto, printing equipment, pens and cameras. You haven't seen one, yet, in thailand

Then I guess you were in London between 1968-1982,

At that time there was a jungle war with communist insurgents in Petchabun Province. Incidentally people in the North and North East - the red shirt homelands - refused to join the communists!

At the height of the insurgency, it was estimated they had millions of supporters (seen between 2 and 4 million mentioned), so obviously some in the N and NE did. It was generally the poorest who joined or sympathised with the CPT as they had nothing to lose.

Back on topic - is anyone surprised the PDRC are armed? I am slightly surprised in that I didn't quite expect to see them with M16s, Tommy Guns and the like, but it's been obvious some of them have had small arms ever since they clashed with reds at Ramkhamhaeng, not to mention the incident at the Thai-Japanese Stadium. I always thought if the police tried to disperse them you'd have a similar situation to 2010.

Another video, it looks like a rear guard for Sutheps lot threw bombs and fired shots at the pro-democracy protestors. We know the gunman was with the Suthep group, and we know he has a modern army weapon.

Here is another video showing the shot man. Yes he is a pro-democracy one.

(girl)"elder don't go anywhere"

"he's hiding in the box in the middle of the road"

(man)"police police up there up there"

(girl)"ours got shot" (I think she's pro-democracy)

(girl) "pull him back pull him to safety"

(girl)"he hide in the box on the middle of the road"

(girl)"the box middle of the road, he there"

(shot) (shot) (shot)

(guy 3:00) "on the bridge on the bridge"

(man)"call the ambulance, ambulance"

(girl) "hey don't move it yet"

can you please explain exactly what this video is supposed to prove?! one person (presumably red-shirt), hiding behind a car, recording 4 minutes of video of absolutely nothing, and a 30 second dialog of a rumour told by someone else hiding and seeing (or knowing) absolutely nothing for sure. i do not choose a side in this situation (actually i choose neither), but this posting was just a waste of space and a post count boost .

Very near the one and only International in Bangkok. You can even hear a jet landing in the back ground.

Still safe for Farang tourist? You decide yourself.

The Tollway on top will be closed soon (said protest leader yesterday), so the only way to get to/from the only International in Bangkok is the one that appears on the clip.

and what does that answer have to do with my question?

The guy pointing the M16 magazine looks like he's wearing a Cambodian "Kroma" under that red scarf

yes.. yes.. cambodians.. no doubt rolleyes.gif ..

How about this lot of PDRC guards?

The one circled is pictured shooting at the BBC in another (see @richardbarrow) the one on the right pictured with a rifle.

EqGqNMa.jpg

They are students, acting as "SEAL" to protect the monk.

The students themselves post it a few days ago on their facebook.

The monk needs these goons? What a scary monk....

Rumours, and rumour mongering - A Warning

Too little, too late.

It may have missed the attention of the powers that be, but the red hoards descended on this site weeks ago.

Both extremist posters from both sides have passed limits long ago... But that's not what have been told in the post you quoted.

This guy is likely to go the way of Seh daeng. Looks like a commie if I ever saw one.

no, commies are armed with communist manifesto, printing equipment, pens and cameras. You haven't seen one, yet, in thailand

Then I guess you were in London between 1968-1982,

At that time there was a jungle war with communist insurgents in Petchabun Province. Incidentally people in the North and North East - the red shirt homelands - refused to join the communists!

At the height of the insurgency, it was estimated they had millions of supporters (seen between 2 and 4 million mentioned), so obviously some in the N and NE did. It was generally the poorest who joined or sympathised with the CPT as they had nothing to lose.

Back on topic - is anyone surprised the PDRC are armed? I am slightly surprised in that I didn't quite expect to see them with M16s, Tommy Guns and the like, but it's been obvious some of them have had small arms ever since they clashed with reds at Ramkhamhaeng, not to mention the incident at the Thai-Japanese Stadium. I always thought if the police tried to disperse them you'd have a similar situation to 2010.

Thanks.

You are right.

They have the right to have heavy military weapons for self defense.

A mere hand gun is no good for self defense now; say the plain cloth police (who only have a revolver) that almost killed by the mob a couple of days ago, in front of the army club.

I had the "pleasure" to meet them when they where still called the "Srivichai Warriors", obviously they re-branded as it didn't fit the PR, and they where already armed. So no I am not surprised.

• Like 1

Do your own research, youll come up with the same basic facts, unless your blind.

Suthep and co are FINISHED pretending they are a peaceful movement, im sure some are but this lot certainly arnt .. credibility quite literally shot to pieces.

• Like 1

Not Nation pic but as it is Reuters, some of us feel it could be genuine, unless the photographer is a thaksinisa on the dubai payroll. smile.png Quite clearly the PDRC are a paramilitary operation.

Come on Army. In US or Europe the army Would, 100% of shot all of them who did not immediately surrender. Thai Army Mai Pen Rai - we all the same Suthep gang.

BfZAOK0CMAE9j_r.jpg

It looks like a farang

• Like 2

All the stops being pulled out tonight on the red side. Pic after pic and I hope they can finally nail this coup.

Shouldn't laugh as it is very serious, but their pistol man looks like a medic... Maybe got sick of sexist comments and decided to see what life is like away from the surgery.

Lot more to come here as Suthep got up on stage before all this hit the web. When he calms down and stops taking his big cheques. he might have a shock at his evening debrief.

Big cheques tonight. Really ready for Chalerm to nail anybody that could put this armed mob out there on a saturday afternoon. And chalerm speaks the same language as Suthep, so maybe a new bed for him to hide under. The Army can't say they are defending the country whilst they let this happen, they' have to really disgrace them selves and coup, or pull the plug on Suthep... and very soon.

BfZbcKjCQAAbU3O.jpg

didn't you say a few pages back you weren't going to post anymore pictures?! wai2.gif

Got to make sure we all know what is going on here. Election day is still on tomorrow despite the best efforts of Suthep.

My dearest wish is that he is one day held to account for this. I think today with the emergence of this mob, he is finished. Tonight he is down to a few airheads from TV telling everyone to have a picnic.

Quite the reverse image is portrayed now to the world from what he set out to show. All the "educated" thai mass uprising.

What we see and what he is proving is that he has a few thousand of Thailand worst educated people hanging round him. At the least sign of hearing anything they dont' like, they blow whistles. The myth of this educated uprising is shattered here today.

Worrying for the elites behind this... it they are outed in no uncertain terms. Thaksin will have seen this and there will be much more to come from this. You think anybody is going to say this armed militia taking up positions with soldiers amongst then is the work of anybody other than Suthep/elite/dem/backers.

It's horrific and they should all be jailed for life at the very least.

Pipkins.. You really are funny. You want Suthep to be held to account but then go on to fawn over Thaksin.

Also you keep go on about soldiers. Are there ANY pictures or reports of soldiers in uniform taking up arms against ANYONE today ... yes or no?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

take away people's basic human rights and you can expect a backlash

most of the world fights FOR elections - and Thailand fights to STOP them

Corrupt elections have never been fought for anywhere. But corrupt elections have been protested against for centuries.

Stop with your asinine rhetoric about the procedure when the democratic principles are non-existent. Asshat.

It is worth repeating Binjalin's excellent comments:

"take away people's basic human rights and you can expect a backlash
most of the world fights FOR elections - and Thailand fights to STOP them"
It is also worth adding that no reputable international organisation (to my knowledge) has criticised the conduct of Thailand's elections in recent years.

Thanks.

You are right.

They have the right to have heavy military weapons for self defense.

A mere hand gun is no good for self defense now; say the plain cloth police (who only have a revolver) that almost killed by the mob a couple of days ago, in front of the army club.

Well, one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist, as they say... unless you're being sarcastic (suspect you are) - to clarify, I'm not defending them, just pointing out what I thought was obvious...

• Like 1

sorry there is no such thing as 'credible media' left anywhere on this planet - you just have to sort through all the <deleted> and come to your own conclusions! whistling.gif

I'm reading BBC now (well just now) and they are not saying who opened fire at all. The very opposite in fact.

Edited by Bluespunk

Rumours, and rumour mongering - A Warning

Too little, too late.

It may have missed the attention of the powers that be, but the red hoards descended on this site weeks ago.

I guess that I'm one of "the horde". I am a supporter of many of the aims of the red shirts. What is your point?

sorry there is no such thing as 'credible media' left anywhere on this planet - you just have to sort through all the <deleted> and come to your own conclusions! whistling.gif

I did that exercise for the last 7 years, and I came to the conclusion that the two sides are fighting now only think about themselves and don't give a d_amn about people, not Thaksin, not Suthep, not Chalerm, not Yingluck, not Mark, no one.

And whoever try to paint one of the two sides like angels, it's blind, or needs a good psychiatrist

• Like 1

a man pulled an assault rifle from a bag and began spraying bullets WHY DON"T THEY JUST SAY IT AS IT IS! RED SHIRTS opened fire!

Because its AFP and their reports generally are pro PT.

From CNN: "Witnesses saw at least eight gunmen emerge from the ranks of the anti-government protests and open fire for about 30 minutes toward police and pro-government demonstrators."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/01/world/asia/thailand-gunfire/index.html

Yep, but what I said is still true.

On the shooting note, has it been made clear who opened fire first or if only one side was cowardly enough to open fire?

Be afraid of the Red shirts. Be very afraid.

Two are walking toward you now with metal/wooden stick in their hand.

Call for the Bag man to fire a few warning shots for self defense.

post-200079-0-96297300-1391275579_thumb.

The whole world is part of a huge conspiracy against Thailand, and it's all paid for by Thaksin. At least, that's how these loons see it.

Early hours of Sunday morning now, so election day is finally here! When they boycotted the election it never crossed the minds of the 'Democrats' that the election could proceed without them. Now that it has, and the coup has had to be called off, they just don't have an idea what to do next.

• Like 2

Note tweet from Richard Head earlier in the thread...confirms just that...