Shots, blasts as protest rivals clash on Thai election eve

Lite Beer

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do your own research, youll come up with the same basic facts, unless your blind.

Suthep and co are FINISHED pretending they are a peaceful movement, im sure some are but this lot certainly arnt .. credibility quite literally shot to pieces.

you and others have been saying suphet is finished for months accept then truth this has just begun and IMO taksin is one finished

• Like 1

Read that but the BBC's website is not confirming that.

Eyewitness reporter Nick Nostitz on BBC : "it's very difficult to say who started shooting I think it was the anti-government people.."

In this kind of situation you'll never know for sure, best you can do is say you'll never know or go by witness account.

Anyway, up until yesterday they where supposedly not armed, people who said they were labelled liars, apologists, etc.

Read that but the BBC's website is not confirming that.

Eyewitness reporter Nick Nostitz on BBC : "it's very difficult to say who started shooting I think it was the anti-government people.."

In this kind of situation you'll never know for sure, best you can do is say you'll never know or go by witness account.

Anyway, up until yesterday they where supposedly not armed, people who said they were labelled liars, apologists, etc.

Both sides have their apologists. All violent incidents should be condemned. Hypocrisy to condemn one side only.

Thanks for BBC info, I'll keep checking the BBC website, sure that new info coming in all the time.

Edited by Bluespunk

Thought I'd read the Nation (was feeling over eductated by foreign media and thought I needed a bit of dumbing down)

they managed a few pages of drivel about Lak Si today and managed, not one single pic of a gun!!! Just the voters bashing the army chiefs car.

The image they are showing is that the reds were not armed. so they wern't.

If I ever decide to live my life in blissful ignorance, at least I'll be able to read their paper!!! :)

well, if CNN said it then it MUST be true!thumbsup.gif

Would you please tell me which media should listen for a credible report?

sorry there is no such thing as 'credible media' left anywhere on this planet - you just have to sort through all the <deleted> and come to your own conclusions! whistling.gif

I did that exercise for the last 7 years, and I came to the conclusion that the two sides are fighting now only think about themselves and don't give a d_amn about people, not Thaksin, not Suthep, not Chalerm, not Yingluck, not Mark, no one.

And whoever try to paint one of the two sides like angels, it's blind, or needs a good psychiatrist

not much different than any politician anywhere in the world, really

The pro democracy protest. See the sticks? This is where they got the sticks to beat the car that ran into them!

BfX5UtXCIAAkeiy.jpg

They don't exactly look like red shirts.

Why? Because they are not wearing red shirts. Thida told them not to do so yesterday.

Actually after retreading your post, what exactly is the point you are making here?

Edited by Bluespunk

Not Nation pic but as it is Reuters, some of us feel it could be genuine, unless the photographer is a thaksinisa on the dubai payroll. smile.png Quite clearly the PDRC are a paramilitary operation.

Come on Army. In US or Europe the army Would, 100% of shot all of them who did not immediately surrender. Thai Army Mai Pen Rai - we all the same Suthep gang.

BfZAOK0CMAE9j_r.jpg

That gun he's firing is a Tavor assault rifle, which just happens to be the new assault rifle of the Royal Thai Army.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Tavor_TAR-21

That does look like a TAR 21, where do you suppose he got one of those? So far, I've seen a lot of PDRC peeps firing guns and soldiers and police just watching or taking cover. Pretty easy to connect the dots folks.

Trouble maker red shirt ko tee up to his usual stuff

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yeah- not respecting the right of fascists to deny the Thai people a right to choose the gov't of their choice.

GET USED TO IT,

get used to fascism at the power of a gun? Never!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The pro democracy protest. See the sticks? This is where they got the sticks to beat the car that ran into them!

BfX5UtXCIAAkeiy.jpg

Why? Because they are not wearing red shirts. Thida told them not to do so yesterday.

Actually after retreading your post, what exactly is the point you are making here?

Rubbish these people are not red shirt ( even if some are going to vote PTP ) you cant say one way or the other these are normal people wishing to cast a vote and the right to do so whatever their party of choice... you going to call all the 50+ parties taking part and their supporters red shirt simply because they wish to exercise their democratic right to a voice ?

come on your smarter than that blue.

a man pulled an assault rifle from a bag and began spraying bullets WHY DON"T THEY JUST SAY IT AS IT IS! RED SHIRTS opened fire!

cos its not ,its unhappy thais who cant work or vote because of sutheps rats who has robbed them of their basic right s

Of course all Thai workers keep a rifle handy in a green cement bag for immediate use in case someone interferes with their basic rights.

BfX5UtXCIAAkeiy.jpg

I wanted you to see there faces, take a look at the old women on the right, the guy with the old man podge in the middle. Ordinary Laksi people wanting to vote.

(Added, Chewits the favorite here isn't he? He's running as independent not even PT affiliated).

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Not Nation pic but as it is Reuters, some of us feel it could be genuine, unless the photographer is a thaksinisa on the dubai payroll. smile.png Quite clearly the PDRC are a paramilitary operation.

Come on Army. In US or Europe the army Would, 100% of shot all of them who did not immediately surrender. Thai Army Mai Pen Rai - we all the same Suthep gang.

BfZAOK0CMAE9j_r.jpg

That gun he's firing is a Tavor assault rifle, which just happens to be the new assault rifle of the Royal Thai Army.

That does look like a TAR 21, where do you suppose he got one of those? So far, I've seen a lot of PDRC peeps firing guns and soldiers and police just watching or taking cover. Pretty easy to connect the dots folks.

Weren't some of these and other weapons lost by the army during the red shirt riots in 2010?

The whole world is part of a huge conspiracy against Thailand, and it's all paid for by Thaksin. At least, that's how these loons see it.

Early hours of Sunday morning now, so election day is finally here! When they boycotted the election it never crossed the minds of the 'Democrats' that the election could proceed without them. Now that it has, and the coup has had to be called off, they just don't have an idea what to do next.

They could always blow their whistles.

• Like 2

It could be a dumb question, but where the hell is the police????

I believe few days ago, government stated they mobilized 100 000 police, i do not see any in any of the video's

on election day, sunday.

they are and, most probably will be, unarmed. What they can do, at most, is to take evidence of shooting (pics, cartriges)

BfZAOK0CMAE9j_r.jpg

Weren't some of these and other weapons lost by the army during the red shirt riots in 2010?

OH yeah!!

It was the red shirts then, case closed.

CNN and BBC showing proof of Suthep's guards firing at civilians and news reporters.

I can't wait to hear how he's going to defend that tonight on stage.

show the proof please.

red shirt terrorists are civilians if not a part of the military.

Shooting at reporters? For what reason?

Just show the proof please.

I see a lot of pro government people want the protest zone to gun free,

we've seen what happens in those cases.

Gun free zones get people killed.

BfX5UtXCIAAkeiy.jpg

Rubbish these people are not red shirt ( even if some are going to vote PTP ) you cant say one way or the other these are normal people wishing to cast a vote and the right to do so whatever their party of choice... you going to call all the 50+ parties taking part and their supporters red shirt simply because they wish to exercise their democratic right to a voice ?

come on your smarter than that blue.

Always have backed the election. Still do.

My post to BNC was querying his post, genuinely do not see his point. Just watched news (BBC). They say were reds amongst those on the pro govt demo, not exclusively red group, but plenty present.

Also seemed to be saying that the car attacked was trashed because it came from the protester side. Is there any story explaining why the car was attacked.

BBC also is saying both sides were firing on each other. Not defending one or the other, but I would like the truth.

CNN and BBC showing proof of Suthep's guards firing at civilians and news reporters.

I can't wait to hear how he's going to defend that tonight on stage.

show the proof please.

red shirt terrorists are civilians if not a part of the military.

Shooting at reporters? For what reason?

Just show the proof please.

I see a lot of pro government people want the protest zone to gun free,

we've seen what happens in those cases.

Gun free zones get people killed.

Lots of clips, this is one of the closest, you can see the PDRC truck in the background as the gunman is firing.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

It could be a dumb question, but where the hell is the police????

I believe few days ago, government stated they mobilized 100 000 police, i do not see any in any of the video's

They mobilised half the entire police force for the elections. That's 200,000 men or 2 coppers for each polling station in the country. 10,000 will be in Bangkok. That's 1.4 for each polling station in Bangkok. I think all 1.4 of them were extremely active keeping law and order at Laksi.

BfX5UtXCIAAkeiy.jpg

I wanted you to see there faces, take a look at the old women on the right, the guy with the old man podge in the middle. Ordinary Laksi people wanting to vote.

(Added, Chewits the favorite here isn't he? He's running as independent not even PT affiliated).

Ok that's clearer. BBC is saying were plenty of red shirts on the pro govt side, not only ones there but plenty present.

I thought this violence occurred in a strong PT area.

Interesting... ThaiPBS (hardly a protester mouthpiece) has this version of today's events posted on their website:

Gunshots were fired, small bombs were thrown at anti government protesters at Laksi district office by red-shirt supporters injuring five protesters.

Soldiers were rushed in and evacuated some 200 protesters at the district office. Search was conducted to hunt down the red shirts who were from Pathumthani province. They came to force out the anti-government protesters led by abbot Luang Poo Bhuddhaisara who seized the office to block the election tomorrow.
The hard-core red shirts was followers of a local influential tycoon known as Ko Ti.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/category/breakingnews/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1