Rival groups clash at Lak Si

Lite Beer

The article said that a monk lead them to the area, just wondering is this monk quite well known, has he a reputation for being confrontational or did things just get out of control while he was there...?

Put it this way, if you want to get a clearer picture of the events at Laksi yesterday I wouldn't rely solely on the account in the OP. There are still other sources of news, which is one of the joys of a democracy in Thailand.

Cheers but was just wondering more about the monk

Is he quite prominent in Thailand, known for citing violence (if he did)

Interesting picture this one

Thai-anti-government-prot-003.jpg

Wonder if the innocent protesters are aware of the gunman in their midst - the chap in the balaclava isn't pulling out his sandwiches for sutheps picnic whistling.gif

Of course if abhisit and the army had been in charge of crowd control, the lady protesters would have been in a great deal of danger. On absolving himself and the army from blame for the deaths of protesters in 2010 he had this as an excuse

Abhisit has dismissed the case as political retribution and said he’d sue the DSI for violating the law in bringing the charges. An emergency decree in place during the protests provides him immunity if the actions were not discriminatory or disproportionate, he said, adding that a court confirmed that armed people were among the protesters. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-21/abhisit-defends-thai-army-actions-in-fighting-murder-charges.html

Good job a softly softly approach was taken by this government.

Edited by fab4

Interesting picture this one

Thai-anti-government-prot-003.jpg

Wonder if the innocent protesters are aware of the gunman in their midst - the chap in the balaclava isn't pulling out his sandwiches for sutheps picnic whistling.gif

Of course if abhisit and the army had been in charge of crowd control, the lady protesters would have been in a great deal of danger. On absolving himself and the army from blame for the deaths of protesters in 2010 he had this as an excuse

Abhisit has dismissed the case as political retribution and said he’d sue the DSI for violating the law in bringing the charges. An emergency decree in place during the protests provides him immunity if the actions were not discriminatory or disproportionate, he said, adding that a court confirmed that armed people were among the protesters. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-21/abhisit-defends-thai-army-actions-in-fighting-murder-charges.html

Good job a softly softly approach was taken by this government.

That man is a hero.

He is the reason why the 7 girls are still alive today.

That man is a hero.

Presumably you missed my point about abhisit. If he had been in charge, those "girls" might well have ended up as collateral damage, but never mind, you seem to have your own reality.

Remember posting this?

"Why no army to protect innocent protesters who come in peace and without weapon, protesting under their constitutional rights?"

Edited by fab4

The picture on the front page of the BP .showed the famous men in black firing a rifle hidden in a sack, and IDed by the article as an Anti-government protesters. So much for the peaceful protest, they were ordered by Suthep a few days ago to used "every means" necessary to stop the election!

Cheers

Yeah!, this is what Suthep wrote to Pres. Obama, a peaceful rally.

..but anyway, this may be an exemption because this is a clash so they have to fight

That man is a hero.

Presumably you missed my point about abhisit. If he had been in charge, those "girls" might well have ended up as collateral damage, but never mind, you seem to have your own reality.

Remember posting this?

"Why no army to protect innocent protesters who come in peace and without weapon, protesting under their constitutional rights?"

From the same guy who burns people for going "off topic", crapping on about Abhisit and collateral damage.

I thought this topic was about rival groups clashing at Laksi.

Only thing worse than a troll is a hypocritical troll. bah.gif

I believe the only reason the anti-government protesters ever took up arms was for self defense, not to attack anyone. A big difference in any situation in any country. thumbsup.gif

Today there are many blind fools who are demanding their right to vote

But what are they voting for ?

How can you vote for democracy. When their is only 1 party to vote for

Todays vote is for democracy or dictatorship

If today you vote in a government that has no opposition only one party in power it is a dictatorship not democracy

The protestors have learnt

you can good some Thais all of the time

But you can no fool all Thais all of the time

So you do not believe in voting I bet you love Joe Stalin

he is dead isnt he?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haven't heard much from Shutep over the last 24hrs,probably busy packing the picnic basket.

he is in hiding counting all his money donated and on his way to another million courtesy of suckers .they give to him like they give to RayBan wearing monks .

That man is a hero.

Remember posting this?

From the same guy who burns people for going "off topic", crapping on about Abhisit and collateral damage.

I thought this topic was about rival groups clashing at Laksi.

Only thing worse than a troll is a hypocritical troll. bah.gif

I believe the only reason the anti-government protesters ever took up arms was for self defense, not to attack anyone. A big difference in any situation in any country. thumbsup.gif

One day you might write a post without the word "troll" in it. In between time I suggest you revisit my post and look at the context and I'll just ignore you from now on. Seems fair.

...when armed pro-government gangs....attack unarmed anti-government civilians ....this is NOT 'a clash'....this is 'hooliganism'....

Unarmed anti-government civilians?!? you haven't been following the news have you...whistling.gif

No no no. I strongly believe that he had been following the news very very closely . The only problem is that the news comes from blue sky and astv. As mentioned by sutep, minions should be unarmed and move to the front . Guards should stand behind minons and protect them by shooting the enemy Tru the minions if the enemy start attacking first.

Both identified as PDRC armed guards, plenty pictures more, and videos, if you bother browsing the other threads.

God I hate the Nation and its crappy attempt at under reporting details on important stories and printing crappy detail about the stories that mean diddly squat. Pitiful news from a pitiful paper, the guy used the gun IN the bag for a start...whats wrong with this paper ? the army affiliation or vehicle, go read the BP or a dozen other papers that have some substance.

i have a serious question, why are we subjected to this crappy outlet as the main media written day in day out ??? sponsorship perchance ? whistling.gif

I'm not subjected to the Nations writings. I avoid it and look elsewhere for news and leave it be.