Abhisit won't cast his vote in 'unconstitutional election' today

Lite Beer

Abhisit: Coward, not interested in reform when he held the reigns of the government three short years ago. Still as of today has not given a viable plan to reform Thailand. Did not perform his duty as a minister, now as a citizen.

Suthep: Coward, not interested in reform when he held the reigns of the government three years ago. Has brought Bangkok to her knees outside of government when his duty as an elected official was to serve the people who elected him. The worst kind of hypocrite there is.

Thaksin: COWARD in capital letters. Ran away from a slap on the wrist jail sentence. He would not have served a day of that time for unspeakable crimes against Thailand. Sits abroad with his wounded ego trying to destroy that which he claime to love.

A Sad day for Thailand.

Balanced but vitriolic. I agree with everything you have written here, and I like your style. :)

• Like 2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reaction to the Democrat leader's statement that the election was unconstitutional, caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she discounted Abhisit's remarks as the 2007 Constitution was not written by her government but by the coup-maker-sponsored government.

So if WE didn't make the law...then WE don't need to follow it? Interesting times ahead.

• Like 2

These garbage Democrats and their leader is the cause of the social divide and problems in Thailand today. They have never done anything positive in their tenures when they were in power (not thru being elected but by planned default) and are the ones who first initaited mob rule in thailand (ie their affliate PAD then), and they too have been involved in not stop corruption practices supporting only their croynies, the thai hisos and the rich thai chinese. They never reformed themselves to serve the masses and to be ethical and now they have created this whole mess in Thailand. Its becuase of them, another terrorists group, the Re Shorts came into being.

Its time to really eradicate this lot (the Democrats) and thier core supporters as they are not democarst but terrorists thugs who are going agaisnt constituitional rights and democracy. (I am not a red shirt fam nor do I like the corrupted PTP, Thaksin and his sister but the oppostion then, failed to do anything constructive, only plaguing thailand to go downhill. Its time to eradicate the Democrats first including Suthep and then let the people concebtrate on putting pressure on the PTP to reform thru democratic means not terrorist means.

The Democrats used to be my fabs but now they only deserve my spit.

Thailand needs a better educated and democratic inclined oppostion political party that is not corrupted or controlled by the elites.

The proletariat discovered their voice can be heard through the ballot box and are in the process of shedding centuries of subjugation. The Democrats(sic) cannot abide a vote by a peasant farmer ousting them from a cushy little job in parliament and so they'll be off to their mates in the judiciary to get the election result overturned. TIT!

• Like 1

Abhisit: Coward, not interested in reform when he held the reigns of the government three short years ago. Still as of today has not given a viable plan to reform Thailand. Did not perform his duty as a minister, now as a citizen.

Suthep: Coward, not interested in reform when he held the reigns of the government three years ago. Has brought Bangkok to her knees outside of government when his duty as an elected official was to serve the people who elected him. The worst kind of hypocrite there is.

Thaksin: COWARD in capital letters. Ran away from a slap on the wrist jail sentence. He would not have served a day of that time for unspeakable crimes against Thailand. Sits abroad with his wounded ego trying to destroy that which he claime to love.

A Sad day for Thailand.

+1 Kudos for you!

• Like 1

In reaction to the Democrat leader's statement that the election was unconstitutional, caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she discounted Abhisit's remarks as the 2007 Constitution was not written by her government

Not recognize the Constitution because it was not written by her government? Ignore rulings from the courts because the didn't write the law, or because it didn't go their way. That is definitely democracy, i wonder what else they plan to ignore, the debt they owe the farmers, or the people who didn't like the amnesty bill. If you think that by winning an election it gives you the right to do what ever you like, you have a very distorted idea of democracy.

• Like 2

In reaction to the Democrat leader's statement that the election was unconstitutional, caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she discounted Abhisit's remarks as the 2007 Constitution was not written by her government

Not recognize the Constitution because it was not written by her government? Ignore rulings from the courts because the didn't write the law, or because it didn't go their way. That is definitely democracy, i wonder what else they plan to ignore, the debt they owe the farmers, or the people who didn't like the amnesty bill. If you think that by winning an election it gives you the right to do what ever you like, you have a very distorted idea of democracy.

How about illegally issuing Thaksin passport.

Yingluck still has not responded to the AG's many demands to explain that one

But you are correct, she has just said they don't have to recognize any law they didn't write themselves.

PT democracy at its finest.

• Like 1

he is a big wining cry baby who always gets his own way so cant stand to lose .

anyways he is a Brit masquerading as a Thai bloke ,unlikely he had ever set foot in isaan so doesn't give a hoot about poor disadvantaged fellow countrymen <he went to Eton y'know >

so who cares if he wont stand

• Like 2

Dems amended the very same constitution when they were in power - so HOW is it unconstitutional???

what a hypocrite!!!

What does having amended the constitution have to do with whether the election is constitutional or not?

because it is the very same constitution he 'could have' reformed but chose not to and the election is fully within that constitution

should you not be turning this on its head? the question surely is WHY does Abhisit say it is "unconstitutional" and WHY he and his thug Suthep did not put in reforms when they were in power?

Yes, the question should be "why does he say that it's unconstitutional". The Democrats having amended the constitution in 2011 doesn't make any difference as to whether it is or not.

The Democrats did make some reforms while they were in government, but they were in power with a coalition government, so it wasn't simple for them to make wholesale reform changes. Even with the reforms that they did make, it was still difficult to get them through parliament with the slim majority that they had.

ok fair enough... any sign of an answer from Abhisit? it's sort of weird in Thailand because the press just don't "go after" politicians when they say outlandish things

A Sad day for Thailand.

I would have thought it was a bad move by Abhisit not to vote but he knows more about whether the election is unconstitutional than me so maybe he's right .

I don't agree with Suthep's tactics as far as I've seen them although i do agree there needs to be reform before elections.

As for being cowards, maybe but neither of them took up the amnesty offered to them over their murder charges.

As for Thaksin I don't think it's the 2 year sentence that's the issue but the other charges waiting for him.

I don't think if Taksin would have came in... i really think he wouldn't have come out... I believe already(in the past) they had 'hitmen' after him...that is when he dissappeared and nobody knew where he was... so imagine what prison life would have been? as they say in his case, "get the rope"... better for him.

whatever happen to Abhisit's murder conviction... conveniently went away?

If you want to know how Thai's feel about Suthep... go to facebook... one had is face placed on a crying baby face... another pic of him with a penis(ok to say?) coming out his head, indicating he is a d...head to most thai's... quit interesting what you find by the older generation thai's on fb(about this problem)... the kids are still indulging on how cute they look sticking their tongues out on fb... or how japanese fragility they can look...

I don't think the murder charge has gone away. It's planned for later this month I think although I could be wrong.

anyways he is a Brit masquerading as a Thai bloke ,unlikely he had ever set foot in isaan so doesn't give a hoot about poor disadvantaged fellow countrymen <he went to Eton y'know >

He's Thai by birth. He was born in the UK as his parents were there at the time. It doesn't make him not Thai. a lot of people are born in other countries because their parents are out of the country for various reasons such as government and military postings. Before you start accusing people of not being Thai because they weren't born here or educated here try checking on HM the king.

In my view not being born or educated here seems to be not so bad based on that.

If he's a Brit then who are the countryman he doesn't give a hoot about?

He went to Eton. That will be why his English is better than yours then. Why exactly does that make a difference?

If he always gets his own way that must mean he doesn't want to be PM then.

I just checked and he's been to Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, and Buriram that I've been told about so it's possible there are others.

A bit of advice try thinking a bit more before you post.

In reaction to the Democrat leader's statement that the election was unconstitutional, caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she discounted Abhisit's remarks as the 2007 Constitution was not written by her government but by the coup-maker-sponsored government.

So if WE didn't make the law...then WE don't need to follow it? Interesting times ahead.

FAIL..

What she is saying is the election was organised totally under the terms of the constitution which he and his friends wrote.

The EC were by law required to do this, and all the dates and proceedures were there's to follow.

Government just going along with Abhisit the Hypocrits laws. She didn't write the law, he did!!!

Thailand must get this goon, the Dems and Suthep out of the system or they are ruined. We are now promised more blackading of Bangkok by the 200 marchers that are left.

Army really do seem to be staying out and no sign of a coup. Good review in stasiatimes today. They think the Army know the games up for coups and is letting the people sort it out. Maybe hoping for the Thai electorate on both sides to mature.

Saying that something is unconstitutional does not make it so.

Quite right. Such judgements are usually left to an independent authority like the Constitutional Court, that will of course be attacked for making the 'wrong' decision if they decide that this election is unconstitutional.

Abhisit's statement is his own personal opinion, something that is normally permitted in a democracy, but obviously not in the kind of democracy that some posters here seem to want.

• Like 1

Quite right. Such judgements are usually left to an independent authority like the Constitutional Court, that will of course be attacked for making the 'wrong' decision if they decide that this election is unconstitutional.

Abhisit's statement is his own personal opinion, something that is normally permitted in a democracy, but obviously not in the kind of democracy that some posters here seem to want.

The case for postponement of the current elections was brought before the CC who "ruled" that it was constitutional to postpone if both the EC and Govt agreed to its postponement.

Granted, they were not asked to rule IF the elections themselves were constitutional. However, could it not be surmised as a dereliction of duty if they were now to rule that the elections were unconstitutional? Would any rational thinking person conclude that this is anything other than a politically motivated judicial coup?

Abhisit's reaction is like a naughty, upset little Kid. If he can't win (his party tries since more than 10 years!) he stays away from political duties??? What a good democrat and guide for young people.

The comment of Yingluck ist 100% right.

• Like 2

The case for postponement of the current elections was brought before the CC who "ruled" that it was constitutional to postpone if both the EC and Govt agreed to its postponement.

Granted, they were not asked to rule IF the elections themselves were constitutional. However, could it not be surmised as a dereliction of duty if they were now to rule that the elections were unconstitutional? Would any rational thinking person conclude that this is anything other than a politically motivated judicial coup?

It would be suspect after the CC has ruled the election was able to be postponed and constitutional if an agreement was reached .

To simply turn around after that and rule the election unconstitutional because it had gone ahead after the court had rules it was fine to postpone it but refused to comment if it should be would be a pretty clear signal the CC were attempting to engineer a judicial coup.

I dont think they will find it so easy this time. everyones expecting something like this so the excuses and evidence had better be pretty rock solid... I think they are going to have a real hard time doing it via that route.

• Like 1

A Sad day for Thailand.

Agree with you about Taksin ...

It does say something about the Country that Abhisit and Co can seill be involved in Politics after all the strokes they have pulled.

Just a small effort to appeal to the country and have policies that did not just involve giving money to army and Gov posts to backers, and they may have been electable.

But no, they think they are above having to think and work on policies and their privilidged background prepares them in thailand for a life of having everything given to them.

I agree with above. This is a Judicial, Coup but for them to do it is too blatant... even for them I think. In the unlikely event of doiing it, they would need the Army to enforce it and they are not interested.

These garbage Democrats and their leader is the cause of the social divide and problems in Thailand today. They have never done anything positive in their tenures when they were in power (not thru being elected but by planned default) and are the ones who first initaited mob rule in thailand (ie their affliate PAD then), and they too have been involved in not stop corruption practices supporting only their croynies, the thai hisos and the rich thai chinese. They never reformed themselves to serve the masses and to be ethical and now they have created this whole mess in Thailand. Its becuase of them, another terrorists group, the Re Shorts came into being.

Its time to really eradicate this lot (the Democrats) and thier core supporters as they are not democarst but terrorists thugs who are going agaisnt constituitional rights and democracy. (I am not a red shirt fam nor do I like the corrupted PTP, Thaksin and his sister but the oppostion then, failed to do anything constructive, only plaguing thailand to go downhill. Its time to eradicate the Democrats first including Suthep and then let the people concebtrate on putting pressure on the PTP to reform thru democratic means not terrorist means.

Thailand needs a better educated and democratic inclined oppostion political party that is not corrupted or controlled by the elites.

Total drivel from you as ever, I have come to expect nothing more from you.

The Dems were trying very hard to govern the country for the good of everyone, they were kind of interrupted by a load of rioters wearing red shirts. They were trying to unravel the mess left by the previous Taksin cronies and work out how to make it all work properly when the reds came to town and started making a mess..

Taksin and cronies on the other hand started stupid populist policies that were doomed from the start to fail. They were trying to make it appear they were helping the farmers but really it was all just to get their votes and look where it has led ? The greed of Taksin and his criminal cronies combined with the greed of the farmers has brought the country economically to its knees.

If the government guaranteed they would buy all the rice at the market prices so the farmers had no extra laying about, that would have been awesome and is sustainable provided it is corruption free and the sales are made at the standard prices. Why did they have to pay 40% more than it was worth ? For votes and graft opportunities, plain and simple...

• Like 1

Exactly,...good post. But another point,...the PDRC has yet to substantiate any hate-based fabrication they spew. Even worse,... people are being media-ted by a ridiculous attempt at balanced reporting, which is nothing more than allowing unsubstantiated claims by the PDRC to be passed off as news.

Media: Stop pandering to hated-based, Goebbelesque PDRC liars, as if they have anything meaning to contribute.

Corruption to the urban elite is any time anything is given to the "Second Class" Thai's in the North, that upsets their enjoying 14 times more government services than those in the North; and thus any sort of equal progress for ALL Thai people will seem threatening (see World Bank statistics for Thailand).

As I wrote in another thread,...the PDRC sees Thaksin as a villain:

"Where Mr Kaona's nanny grew up, there had never been a water supply until Thaksin was elected. Because he was instrumental in getting the village water the PDRC said the villagers were stupid, it was a Thaksin trick. Thaksin is corrupt and just buying their vote (even though he was already elected). The PDRC says because Thaksin used tax money to pay for the villages water supply, that the whole Shinawatra family was to be hated. Although Mr Thaksin no longer lives in Thailand, all of his family and acquaintances are to be viewed as enemies of the PDRC.

However, the Elite's HERO is Mr Suthep: Rejecting every kind gesture from PM Yingluck, the anti-government hero Suthep was responsible for preventing hundreds of thousands their right to vote on January 26 (the actual estimate being 440,000). According to Mr Suthep, no one should be allowed to vote until his "People Council," an unelected group of his supporters, takes power and decides on "reforms." To put that in other words,...whereas using tax money to pay for a water supply is corrupt, the outright interdiction of peoples right to vote is heroics."

Looks like Nowhereman got banned and this is his new id. Just when I thought we were free of the useless waste of space....:(

To answer your question GM, no, they world not.

The judicial coup is now a certainty, Yingluck and PTP will be removed and the downhill spiral will continue.

It will then become a sodding great mess and as they say in HK, "Hodiewok" ( a big mess, put it all in the wok and see what happens.........)

He's Thai by birth. He was born in the UK as his parents were there at the time. It doesn't make him not Thai. a lot of people are born in other countries because their parents are out of the country for various reasons such as government and military postings. Before you start accusing people of not being Thai because they weren't born here or educated here try checking on HM the king.

his UK upbringing means s he is a Brit thru and thru ,right to his soul and has little connections with Thai mentality after schooling at Eton with a privileged background he knows nothing about thai society and mores .

think more before you post pathetic claptrap rubbish about the old Etonian masquerading as a Thai

http://www.etoncollege.com/Registration.aspx

Edited by 3NUMBAS