Pheu Thai Chief Warns Of 'Conspiracy' To Nullify Election

Lite Beer

UDD leader, Ko Tee.

Quoted as saying "I want there to be lots of violence to put an end to all this" and "I'm bored by speeches. It's time to clean the country, to get rid of the elite, all of them."

UDD principle #3 - To promote non-violence as our modus operandi for all activities.

He is supposed to set the example for his supporters as a leader yet he doesn't even adhere to his own principles.

A lot of votes for the PTP will be out of fear.

You were doing fine until your last sentence. The people who voted for the PTP last time will vote for them again (minus the farmers who have suffered from the rice pledging scheme/scam). They didn't do so last time out of fear and they won't this time. Those who are anti-PTP have the perfect excuse not to vote in BKK constituencies. I imagine that were all the polling stations open, the PTP popular vote would be slightly down on last time, given abstentions due to the Dems boycott and political deadlock. However, the PTP would still have a majority of seats.

However, we all know the election results will be annulled anyway, so this is all academic.

It will still be interesting to see what percentage of people voted & what percentage of those votes went to the various parties & the no vote.

Sister-in-law just returned from voting in Ratchaburi - complained she only got 300 baht this time (someone is skimming off 200). Anyway, she voted NO. clap2.gif Politicians should not think their electorate is as stupid as they are.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"We must hold the wrongdoers accountable..."

Oh dear, if PTP only would always be so assertive and consequent as to "hold wrongdoers accountable" and not just when it serves their own vested purposes.

" I hope the court would understand and exercise justice in the process..."

As long as the court finds in favor of PTP's demands; otherwise the party would just bluntly reject the ruling.

"...in order to help this country survive."

What he probably meant was, "...in order to help PTP survive".

• Like 2

My bet is this election will be discarded for whatever reason they can make up with, then YL will be charged with the rice scheme corruption case before the next election date, ousting her from politics and so on. The question is who's going to take care of governing for the next half year.

Under the laws they wrote to keep her out.... Yinkgluk stays on.

that the Courts moved on her and left Abhisit is widely spread around the globe.

Many now calling for total scrapping of Thai Court and start from fresh. Thailand cannot reform and leave these dinosaurs in place!!!

Your law, and Yingluck stays. I really think they will physically have to right their way into power this time as Sutheps coup and picnic have failed and the Courts Judicial coup is too blatant even for some of their own... and that is saying something.

Can I be the first to say that this next pic of Prayuth shows a distinct lack of zombie whislte blowers. shrieking badly educated middle class BKKians and armed PDRC guards. Wonder why.

PS, your attempt to disguse is as bad as the army in Bangkok dressed up as shruberrys. Ni NI NI

BfcXkmvIAAAiblU.jpg

Your blatant lies are beyond belief. There was widespread internet in 2010 & Abhisit has already made an appearance in court.

really coming down hard on him arn't they.?? real dogged persuit and we already know they back him so nothing will happen.

Just more conniving from the backers. Nice this weekend that Thailand and the world saw in full view, on TV and in every paper and internet social media this fact.

Coup plotters/suthep/Dems will unleash heavily armed mobs onto the street to get their hands on power.

Not seen any effective spin on it yet. They probably think it will go away, Yeah.. Like the journalists in the police box will forget they were sprayed with bullets for filming them. BBC and reuters in there.

UDD leader, Ko Tee.

Quoted as saying "I want there to be lots of violence to put an end to all this" and "I'm bored by speeches. It's time to clean the country, to get rid of the elite, all of them."

UDD principle #3 - To promote non-violence as our modus operandi for all activities.

He is supposed to set the example for his supporters as a leader yet he doesn't even adhere to his own principles.

You were doing fine until your last sentence. The people who voted for the PTP last time will vote for them again (minus the farmers who have suffered from the rice pledging scheme/scam). They didn't do so last time out of fear and they won't this time. Those who are anti-PTP have the perfect excuse not to vote in BKK constituencies. I imagine that were all the polling stations open, the PTP popular vote would be slightly down on last time, given abstentions due to the Dems boycott and political deadlock. However, the PTP would still have a majority of seats.

However, we all know the election results will be annulled anyway, so this is all academic.

It will still be interesting to see what percentage of people voted & what percentage of those votes went to the various parties & the no vote.

Sister-in-law just returned from voting in Ratchaburi - complained she only got 300 baht this time (someone is skimming off 200). Anyway, she voted NO. clap2.gif Politicians should not think their electorate is as stupid as they are.

Interesting. Inlaw voted in Soi Dao, Chanthaburi and she only got 300 baht as well to vote PTP. She voted "No" to.

Maybe it is standard now the PTP have no money. Imagine if that 2.2 trillion baht loan went through. I bet they would have got their 500 baht then.

It is very clear to me and must also be to Charupong and the rest of the government that the election will be annulled under Section 108 of the constitution.

Section 108 "...and such election day must be the same throughout the Kingdom."

There was never a hope for the results to stand and the government's decision to spend B3.8bn on it when it is too broke to pay B130bn to farmers for rice it has already purchased and has been delivered is extraordinary. It is perfectly fair for the government to argue that this situation has been brought about by disruptions caused by the PDRC but that was already the situation at the time the government attended a meeting with the EC and insisted that the polls should go ahead in the full knowledge they will be annulled, if contested, and a petition was lodged with the Constitutional Court beforehand.

What cannot be blamed on the government's opponents is Yingluck's involvement or failure to prevent the rice pledging scandal. If she is red carded for that and forced to step down from her caretaker role, she and the government will only have themselves to blame.

The election day is being held on the same day throughout the kingdom.

Unfortunately, a small group of saboteurs has physically interfered with the polling stations in some locations. The EC has also made the decision to pull some election officials and not open some polling stations. The government's response was to arrange for alternative voting days.

The EC is separate from the government and it's decision to open or close a polling station is its decision.

• Like 1

Permanent Secretary for the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) Ninnart Chalitanon said that there will be no vote counting in Bangkok, as the poll agency prohibits the announcement of election results at the poll stations when voting can not be completed in all districts.

Only the voter turnout number and number of those who failed to cast ballots today will be revealed, according to the BMA permanent-secretary.

I wonder if results can be announced in the rest of the country. I would like to see how it went in the North East.

Another Khaosod winner. One side of the story - period. That's the Khaosod motto. And what a story. Pheu Thai's chairman has accused the EC of a conspiracy. It is an institution empowered by the Constitution Court. Both bodies have been heavily criticized by Pheu Thai, but now we have this blatant accusation. If Khaosod were a legitimate news body, they would ask why. They would ask the chairman what is his proof. Khaosod is the National Enquirer of the journalistic world. And Pheu Thai's latest feeble attempt to ascribe blame to everyone but themselves remains unabated.

This is ironic, as you make no mention of such outlets as Blue Sky and ASTV, which propagandize to the same degree, but for the other side. So, your post does not meet the standards you yourself demand of others.

Although, admittedly, this is not a journalistic report.

I think comparing Khaosod to Bluesky and ASTV is a bit disingenuous. Comparing Khaosod to The Nation would be more relevant. Bluesky and ASTV are in the red shirts PeoplesTV category.

It is very clear to me and must also be to Charupong and the rest of the government that the election will be annulled under Section 108 of the constitution.

There was never a hope for the results to stand and the government's decision to spend B3.8bn on it when it is too broke to pay B130bn to farmers for rice it has already purchased and has been delivered is extraordinary. It is perfectly fair for the government to argue that this situation has been brought about by disruptions caused by the PDRC but that was already the situation at the time the government attended a meeting with the EC and insisted that the polls should go ahead in the full knowledge they will be annulled, if contested, and a petition was lodged with the Constitutional Court beforehand.

What cannot be blamed on the government's opponents is Yingluck's involvement or failure to prevent the rice pledging scandal. If she is red carded for that and forced to step down from her caretaker role, she and the government will only have themselves to blame.

Unfortunately, a small group of saboteurs has physically interfered with the polling stations in some locations. The EC has also made the decision to pull some election officials and not open some polling stations. The government's response was to arrange for alternative voting days.

The EC is separate from the government and it's decision to open or close a polling station is its decision.

The EC didn't decide to pull election officials. They either resigned or didn't turn up.

The government hasn't arranged alternative voting days. That is the job of the EC. And alternative voting days is what makes it unconstitutional.

What they probably should be doing is to call by-elections for all constituencies that were disrupted.

UDD leader, Ko Tee.

is there a no box to put your x on then is no a party ?? i honestly dont know

IMO. election (democracy) is one of the four pillars to fight corruption. The other is the progress and well being of the people. A judiciary free of politics. and a compassionate society.

Law or more laws is not the answer. Laws are made for those who are law abiding not the law breakers. Criminals are always ahead of the law. it only helps to prosecute and sentence. It is never a deterrent.

Education is not the solution either. Corrupt people are usually highly educated. Educating people on corruption only helps to understand what is and the consequence of corruption and in fact IMO increase corrupt practices.

I write this in context of the activity trying to block and nullify election and its result. People must be allowed to choose using their votes though democracy is not the only answer to all problems.

As democracy progress together with the progress on the well being (livelihoods) of the people, it becomes harder to encourage corruption. When we observe closely, people who are trying to avoid the people's right to elect are those who are corrupt. They are afraid of the people's mandate.

Election to fight corruption? You've got to be kidding. The elections over the last 10 years just seem to have been about validating corruption, and this election is no different.

• Like 1

Thankfully polling is proceeding normally and peacefully where I live....no anti-democracy mob in sight. I do hope that this is a model for most of the country. We need to uphold the Constitution and the rule of law. We cannot have Suthep making up laws and constitutions to suit himself. If Suthep doesn't obey the law or the Constitution then why should anybody else?

IMO. election (democracy) is one of the four pillars to fight corruption. The other is the progress and well being of the people. A judiciary free of politics. and a compassionate society.

Law or more laws is not the answer. Laws are made for those who are law abiding not the law breakers. Criminals are always ahead of the law. it only helps to prosecute and sentence. It is never a deterrent.

Education is not the solution either. Corrupt people are usually highly educated. Educating people on corruption only helps to understand what is and the consequence of corruption and in fact IMO increase corrupt practices.

I write this in context of the activity trying to block and nullify election and its result. People must be allowed to choose using their votes though democracy is not the only answer to all problems.

As democracy progress together with the progress on the well being (livelihoods) of the people, it becomes harder to encourage corruption. When we observe closely, people who are trying to avoid the people's right to elect are those who are corrupt. They are afraid of the people's mandate.

You are correct. The Suthep's rent-a-mob are attempting to disenfranchise millions with their tactics. I, for one hope, they do not succeed.

• Like 1

Absolutely right. No part of the constitution was ever intended to give a small gang of terrorists a veto over the will of 40 million voters by using violence to close down about 5% of polling ststions. The constitution serves the people, it is not their master.

• Like 1

BANGKOK: -- Chairman of the ruling Pheu Thai Party has asserted that the Election Commission (EC) is conspiring to derail the 2 February election.

"Their goal is to nullify this election," Mr. Jarupong Ruengsuwan told reporters, "So be it ... No matter what the EC is doing, let them do it. It′s all a conspiracy".

Dear Mr. Jarupong, your Pheu Thai party have practically achieved your goal to scare the Election committee to death and cause 50 EC committee to resign and convinced your brainwashed followers to blame the EC some more than you have already made them lose face...

You do it your way, you don't consult anyone, you do it Thaksin-way, you do it Pheu Thai-stubborn way anyway, you're not gonna listen to anyone anyway,... you break the law without further thought and without regards to human lives, you do it YOUR WAY....

Sorry but what are you on about? The 50 EC Directors in Bangkok left under threat from the PDRC NOT the Pheu Thai Party. How would their resignations be of benefit to the Pheu Thai Party or the election process? Again another case of someone 'Red' bashing again with no grounds. I'm truly surprised that no one has yet suggested that Thaksin paid Abhisit to boycott the elections!

You sir, are wrong. It was Department of Special Investigation (DSI) whom was threatening the EC Directors.

Election officials may face criminal charges. http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/election-officials-may-face-criminal-charges/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=election-officials-may-face-criminal-charges

Edited by Skywalker69

You are correct. The Suthep's rent-a-mob are attempting to disenfranchise millions with their tactics. I, for one hope, they do not succeed.

if as you say is true - why do the bib appear to be doing nothing to prevent this? words of 130,000 mobilized or 10,000 mobilized in bangkok oft publicized in the media....but ..... Guess the type of democracy you wish to vote for is not high on their priority list?

The 4 pillars of democracy - Justice, Equity, freedoms, representative.

I think the PTP version has 4 horses with Thaksin astride the frontmost tossing the hearts of the rice farmers for his hounds to chew

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

if as you say is true - why do the bib appear to be doing nothing to prevent this? words of 130,000 mobilized or 10,000 mobilized in bangkok oft publicized in the media....but ..... Guess the type of democracy you wish to vote for is not high on their priority list?

I am not sure if you are talking about the security issues or not.

The government, RS/UDD and the law enforcement agencies know the trickery of of the DEM and its PDRC/PCAD. After the Ramkhamhaeng incident, RS/UDD retreated to 'silent mode'.

The DEM and its PDRC/PCAD pattern as I see it: is provoke crashes, if not create one. After it happened, it followed by huge firecrackers and shooting would be the next to happen. When it resulted in bloodshed, more bloodshed would follow to achieve their objective of seizing power to form an illegitimate government.

The government has been asking law enforcement agencies to exercise utmost restraint, caution, patient, tolerance and leniency. The result is what you see in the remainder of the protesters and guards. Where do you think they come from and how they got them. Where were the rest?

I don't understand what you meant by : "Guess the type of democracy you wish to vote for is not high on their priority list?"

I think the PTP version has 4 horses with Thaksin astride the frontmost tossing the hearts of the rice farmers for his hounds to chew

I was talking about fighting corruption not the 4 pillars of democracy.

You can vote PTP out - what is the problem?

UDD leader, Ko Tee.

Is there a 'NO' party or candidate? Perhaps the stupid supposition neither applies to the gov't or the electorate...but, elsewhere.

icommunity - I'm sorry but what you posted above is complete nonesense

Obey the courts did he say? Maybe he meant something else?

Sorry my mistake he said the laws of the country, not the court.

It doesnt matter court or country. What he did say that matters is that if the laws didnt work for them they would ammend (change) them.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The EC didn't decide to pull election officials. They either resigned or didn't turn up.

The government hasn't arranged alternative voting days. That is the job of the EC. And alternative voting days is what makes it unconstitutional.

What they probably should be doing is to call by-elections for all constituencies that were disrupted.

If there was a flood or other catastrophe that prevented voting, would you be so quick to opine that the election was unconstitutional because all voters were unable to vote on the same day?

The legal argument that will be presented to the courts is whether or not the inability to have the voting on the same date under the current conditions means the election was unconstitutional. The government did not say there will be an election held on multiple days. It complied with the Royal Proclamation that set the specific date. It was up to the EC to carry out its duties. For whatever reason(s) the EC has been unable to do so. The government when presented with the EC's refusal/inability to carry out its mandate said it would facilitate alternative days of voting for the SAME election. This is the same principle as allowing for advance voting. The government anticipated that some people would try and use the election sabotage as an argument to void the election. However, a criminal act, and that is what the blocking of the election is by the protestors is, does not render a legal act illegal. The election is unable to be carried out on the same day because of criminal acts and the inability of the EC to do its job. This is what the legal argument will be.

• Like 1