Thai protesters defiant as US warns against coup

webfact

'run their country' ? Try to think this through. The 'warning' is about avoiding a military coup....

Which is none of the USA's business.

Considering that the thai army is armed and trained by the USA, and a military ally of the USA, it is their business.

The British army buys arms from and trains with the US armed forces and we are a military ally of the US but our political concerns are none of your business.

• Like 1

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't get your hopes up. coffee1.gif

It's not a question of hope, it's merely the inevitable shift in global power and Thailand is stuck right in the middle of it. The Thais have a fantastic opportunity to embrace the inevitable. Many of their ASEAN partners totally get it.

If there was any threat to Chinas interest and they said "we don't want to see violence", would everyone be on here saying "bog off china, mind ur own business".

Because, its a sign that they care at least. One day, maybe the USA might just make best new friends with Burma and Cambodia and say "hey, we bogged off, don't choke on Beijing's schlong".

Beijing is already in control...... Uncle Sam can be as disappointed as he wants.
Beijing doesn't run Thailand. A bunch of thai Chinese run it, and they love to get paid by whoever.

That so far on average has been the USA, Japan and others. China is still a new kid on the block here. The USA still has sway with the politicos on all sides the army and a lot of the old farts.

With respect the Chinese geo political influence in this whole region is far stronger than any western media would have you believe. Be careful you don't miss the crucial signs by watching too much CNN. Uncle Sam is no longer the force he once was. Their failed military incursions across Asia have relegated them to nothing more than a cash cow. And once DPRK has been brought into line by the Chinese (in a similar fashion as Myanmar) Uncle Sam's presence will become irrelevant. Don't worry this is another what maybe10 years down the road, but the dragon is gaining strength day by day by day..... Globally not just in SEAsia.

Dennis Rodman will have the DPRK in line before the Chinese can say rice bowl.

• Like 1

Don't get your hopes up. coffee1.gif

It's not a question of hope, it's merely the inevitable shift in global power and Thailand is stuck right in the middle of it. The Thais have a fantastic opportunity to embrace the inevitable. Many of their ASEAN partners totally get it.

With Suthep running the circus that "fantastic opportunity" equates to BKK shooting itself in its own foot while aiming for its head.

'run their country' ? Try to think this through. The 'warning' is about avoiding a military coup....

Considering that the thai army is armed and trained by the USA, and a military ally of the USA, it is their business.

Not just the Army, where do all the spare parts for those F16's and C130's come from?.

Blah blah blah, America sucks blah blah blah.. America says 2+2 is 4, since America said it, it must be wrong.. Blah blah blah, Thai people who believe in democracy won't get any support from this because America said it blah blah blah, I have a really cynical view about the US and their foreign policy, therefore, whether or not what they said is reasonable and likely for the general good of Thailand, I don't care because I spend all of my days being jealous of Americans, and any chance I get, I tell Americans how much I hate their country... But I don't hate Americans, I just hate their government blah blah blah

• Like 2

Blah blah blah, America sucks blah blah blah.. America says 2+2 is 4, since America said it, it must be wrong.. Blah blah blah, Thai people who believe in democracy won't get any support from this because America said it blah blah blah, I have a really cynical view about the US and their foreign policy, therefore, whether or not what they said is reasonable and likely for the general good of Thailand, I don't care because I spend all of my days being jealous of Americans, and any chance I get, I tell Americans how much I hate their country... But I don't hate Americans, I just hate their government blah blah blah

To put it far more succinctly one just needs to review and understand US led (failed) military incursions in Asia in the last 65 years. Add to that the times they have 'looked the other way' when it has suited them. They no longer have a credible voice in the region. They are the cash cow. Their rhetoric and disappointment in the OP stands for zilch.

• posted by carbine 1125
It's strange the same countries don't take the same stance when it comes to Russia and Kiev.

Uh, I take it you read newspapers? then you would know that the US does, as do other countries. Come on pull you head out of the sand, there is a whole world out there and you can read about it too! biggrin.png

yup but its a good sound bite that the yellows dearly love, they are not only fighting the man in Dubai, but nefarious foreign powers too. WooHoo!!

Check any Thai newspaper and you will be heard pressed to NOT find comments about US internal affairs in some article somewhere. However that is rather an advanced line of reasoning for the pro-no-democracy people to handle. And might get you a bullet for your efforts

Edited by LomSak27

I don't think coup will be the issue. I heard a rumor from some Thai people that Thaksin paid the army.

So far, this protest by Suthep has been more peaceful than the one in 2010 by the Red.

One of the possible ways to peacefully end this conflict is that Thaksin clan are completely removed from Thai politics.

Obviously, the PM and Thaksin want to stay in power to pursue their own agenda.

If they want peace, they can step down to end this crazy situation. Can they do it? Probably not.

You heard that rumour too? You must have been speaking to the same bloke down the pub that I was speaking to, must be true then

• Like 1

as a US citizen I am sick of the US sticking their claws in every body elses problem and making it worse. As nation the US is Not the world police force... snd am sure if you find the money trail you will find what the US really wants.

the US right now is about 2 things only...Greed and Power. I do hope we can change that.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This country doesn't have a chance really does it? On one hand you have a puppet for a seriously corrupt criminal and on the other hand a seriously corrupt criminal who is a puppet for Thai's elite rich.

My god.

The US military and the Thai military are big brother and little brother. The US Government is making this statement because it knows what's going on out of our view. The Pentagon knows what Prayuth had for breakfast this morning and Prayuth knows it. The State Department knows what time Prem got up this morning. This is a shot across the bow.

Asean begged the United States to commit to its "Pivot to the Pacific," its Rebalancing away from the Middle East and central-south Asia to the Indo-Pacific strategic region, in economics, politically, militarily. Air-Sea Battle of ships, planes, stealth, missiles, is the new warfare replacing boots on the ground.

Posters here are still taking about Beijing controlling Myanmar when Prez Obama went there last time he was here because now the United States practically owns the place. The CIA with Suu Kyi sent the monks into the streets twice to bring the regime there to heel. Now the US has veto power over all foreign investment in Myanmar which aces Beijing out and leaves it wondering what the ____ happened. No one hears Japan here every day pressuring the old guard to knock it off because Japan and the US are moving into Myanmar to develop it while making an honest buck out of it and to have more broadly based elections that put Suu Kyi in the presidential palace, giving the deeds to the generals for their private South Pacific islands.

I don't know how anyone on either side of this mess going on here gets any sleep at night because half the governments and corporations of the world and all of them in Asean are on the phone to all the players. Ambassadors and the UN and dozens of others are calling day and night, the principal players and their principal people on all sides have ten calls on hold while they're simultaneously handling three calls from dozens of governments, global investment banks, corporations, tourism companies - the list gets long and the contacts intense and frantic.

My God that is one of the most preposterous conspiracy rants I have read this week - US controlling Myanmar - biggrin.png CIA sending monks out

My god. - You got a future with Tony Cartalucci Inc - give em a jingle they need more writers!! Get some money for this swill

Edited by LomSak27

I love the language the US likes to use in reference to other countries-' deeply concerned', 'deeply disappointed'.

Patronising nonsense, stop worrying US and learn to enjoy life.

Have you ever read diplomatic statements from any other country? That's the language they use. A diplomat isn't going to walk out of the UN and say he's pissed off, he'll say "We're deeply troubled by today's developments."

I love the language the US likes to use in reference to other countries-' deeply concerned', 'deeply disappointed'.

Have you ever read diplomatic statements from any other country? That's the language they use. A diplomat isn't going to walk out of the UN and say he's pissed off, he'll say "We're deeply troubled by today's developments."

Yes, exactly, well read, intelligent people know why that language is used...world wide...by all countries..

Diplomacy...simply.

• Like 1

So this highly tax payer paid US State Department spokesperson said that the US is speaking with "all elements" in Thai society. What exactly does she mean by "all elements" in Thai society? Is an element a "sector a person?" Is the US State Department conferring with the poor and the majority of ordinary Thais? Does all elements mean laborers, farmers, factory workers, sex workers, bus drivers, motorcycles, taxis, tour workers? Or are "all elements" the typical establishment folks that the US has been aligning with since the French left Vietnam? Who these elements that the US is speaking with?

The article certainly didn't indicate any US "warning" against a coup. So did this reporter take the "warning" comments out of context? How about the comments about "all elements?"

Posters here are still taking about Beijing controlling Myanmar when Prez Obama went there last time he was here because now the United States practically owns the place. The CIA with Suu Kyi. Don't be fooled by their rhetoric, their disappointment, or their concern. Their primary goal is to still have a seat at the table when this is all over... If they are lucky! sent the monks into the streets twice to bring the regime there to heel. Now the US has veto power over all foreign investment in Myanmar which aces Beijing out and leaves it wondering what the ____ happened

That has got to be the most humorous post of the day from someone who truly knows how global politics work. CIA says jump, the minions jump. And the US owns Myanmar with all those Mig 29s out on the pan at the military airport. LMAO at the arrogance.

And if you knew anything about 'the Lady' the CIA would be the last association you would make, and it's actually quite insulting.

Edited by iancnx

The British army buys arms from and trains with the US armed forces and we are a military ally of the US but our political concerns are none of your business.

Oh crimminy.... somebody is always reading between the lines. There is a consortium of nations....and they publish statements from time to time.... Just checks and balances. Warnings have nothing to do with imminent american invasion or hostilities.... has more to do with trade and market balances/economic issues world wide, and expecially here in Thailand.

Use simple logic, and stop overthinking simple, diplomacy.

Countries that are ungovernable have higher risk of either breaking apart or civil war. Terrorists love these countries as well. Why shouldn't other countries express concern?

• Like 1