Lite Beer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" Their activities are mainly for their political interest. "

For a moment, it seemed Prompong was referring to the Pheu Thai party - or any party for that matter !

Pheu Thai has lost sight of the big picture. The big picture is that their administration is devoid of power, and is in danger of being stripped of its office regardless as to whether the Democratic party is banned to the planet Krypton or not. They are being challenged by the courts for a variety of offences that will lead to its impeachment. As Abhisit is ushered into the next capsule destined for interplanetary space, Pheu Thai's problems remain completely intact. Getting rid of the opposition will not bring back their parliament, or the trust of the men and women on the streets, or the farmers, or the bankers. Pheu Thai should now occupy their days going over incriminating rice scheme paper-trails with the same trepidation that Richard Nixon had when reviewing the Watergate tapes.

• Like 2

The situation would be absurd that even a author of a movie could not come up with this story. The court will close the PTP and expel more than 300 old or new MPs and also the Democratic Party abusing the constitution para 68 and also not allow the members of the party to be involved for 5 years in parliament. No parliament only solution the appointed committee as proposed by Suthep. Therefore Suthep should support the PTP in the request to dissolute the Democratic Party. At least he would get what he wants. And he was not a member of the Democrats during his initiated crisis. I am sure that is Suthep's master plan.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The government has dissolved the Lower House and issued a royal decree for a general election but the Democrat Party refused to contest, claiming they wanted a national reform. Their activities are mainly for their political interest.

Can't argue with that really. Just stating the facts.

The Democrats want national reform - but we don't even know if the majority of Thais want this reform or not.

Shouldn't there be a referendum be held first to ask if Thais even want this? Because if only the minority Democrats want it, it doesn't mean that it has to be implemented. After all, they haven't won an election in over 20 years.

And on top of that, the current election laws were signed and passed by Abhisit and Suthep before the 2011 elections. They thought that changing the election laws would help them win the election. Then in 2011 they lost and now they want to change it again.

Maybe they're not losing elections due to the law, but due to the fact that Thais do not want them in office.

They should clean up their own party first. But again, if they want reforms so bad, then a referendum is the way to go, not a street mob.

"we don't even know if the majority of Thais want this reform or not.'

Well 55% didn't bother to vote, and many more voted NO, which seems to indicate they do want reform.

• Like 1

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit submitted a petition letter to the EC chairman, charging the Democrat Party with breaching Section 68 of the Constitution in its attempt to abolish Thailand’s administrative system.

Just one small problem with that Prompong, the entire Democrat party resigned before Suthep took to the streets. So what are you going to dissolve, a party with no members? Looks like that old fox Suthep outsmarted you again, not that it's much of an accomplishment. I think Prompong must have been in Chalerms ear medicine.

• Like 2

I think the best thing to happen to Thailand right now would be for both parties to be banned and their executives and executives of the past three months to be banned for five years. Then neither side could complain about bias and Thailand could start anew.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But who then runs the country ?.....a council ?......thought this what the protests were all about LOL

The Democrats feel that the court system belongs to them as they act as the dogs for the elite, Democrats are in a very risky situation legally, maybe so far in to cash in their get of jail free ticket.

All the problems faced in Bangkok was the idea and work hatched by the Democrat party!

Cheers

".....as they act as the dogs for the elite,....."

I believe the popular but cliched term is "capitalist running dogs". Woof! Woof!

In the meantime, let's just wait and see if your predictions come true.

I think the best thing to happen to Thailand right now would be for both parties to be banned and their executives and executives of the past three months to be banned for five years. Then neither side could complain about bias and Thailand could start anew.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But who then runs the country ?.....a council ?......thought this what the protests were all about LOL

Chuwitt probably.

No sillier than the current mess.

The government has dissolved the Lower House and issued a royal decree for a general election but the Democrat Party refused to contest, claiming they wanted a national reform. Their activities are mainly for their political interest.

Can't argue with that really. Just stating the facts.

The Democrats want national reform - but we don't even know if the majority of Thais want this reform or not.

Shouldn't there be a referendum be held first to ask if Thais even want this? Because if only the minority Democrats want it, it doesn't mean that it has to be implemented. After all, they haven't won an election in over 20 years.

And on top of that, the current election laws were signed and passed by Abhisit and Suthep before the 2011 elections. They thought that changing the election laws would help them win the election. Then in 2011 they lost and now they want to change it again.

Maybe they're not losing elections due to the law, but due to the fact that Thais do not want them in office.

They should clean up their own party first. But again, if they want reforms so bad, then a referendum is the way to go, not a street mob.

"we don't even know if the majority of Thais want this reform or not.'

Well 55% didn't bother to vote, and many more voted NO, which seems to indicate they do want reform.

Of the 55% that did not vote, some were not bothered, some were prevented, some couldn't and I would even wager that some were intimidated into not voting.

A NO vote means that they did not want to vote for any of the candidates that were running, no more and no less.

Let turn Thailand into a one party state, and those who oppose lets put them up against a wall and shoot them...

Looks like Chelerm went to North Korea (when things got a little to hot for him in BKK last week) for lessons in how to make democracy work.

This country more and more resembles a children's play-ground with every passing day........

So true. I've never seen such a more immature self-serving bunch of rank amateurs on both sides. In any decently functioning country most of them couldn't be elected mayor of a no name town out in the sticks. They'd most probably have trouble cutting the ribbon at the village fete. Thailand's let the rot set in for years and now they're unfortunately constantly paying the price.

Most decent Thai folks must thinks "<deleted>".

• Like 1

dummy spit by another ptp criminal that should be in jail, so how many do they npoow have that are either hiding overseas or out on bail, hmmmm, ptp, the party for criminals.

Can a caretaker government make decisions like this? (Just asking)