stocks and shares

what shares?

Thai shares dont trade in Euros on the SET....so, for those, you will need THB.

you can open trading account with bank or brokerage, and use phone or internet to execute orders, that is not a problem. i think by now all thai banks offer brokerage services too.

As tingtong noted, on the Thai Stock Exchange you can only trade in Thai Baht. You can open a trading account with a broker. They will require you to have a Thai bank account and want to see a photo copy of your bank book. Why? If you make money in the stock market you want to transfer the profits back to your bank account. If you need further info, please send me a PM.

You could just open a trading account with a broker from home and do everything online using their trading software. I don't know of any brokerage firm that charges less for placing order over the phone than placing them yourself at home, online. In Thailand you could try http://www.maybank-ke.co.th/ but I don't trade Thai stocks so I can't say whether they are good or not but they have been mentioned on this forum before.

ok thanks for the replies. would it be possible to trade stocks outside of thailand with a euro account with a thai bank

or is the best way to use a online broker?

if you want to keep everything in euro and trade non Thai stocks, then your best bet would be to open an account with a broker (either online or full service) outside Thailand or just stick with the broker you already have.

Edited by wordchild