scam scum

mickeymouse22

here is a photo of one the latest. using disability to get money from others. this POS is/was working mcdonalds at big tesco in phuket town today. the only lower scum i can think of is pedophiles. it only adds to those who are truly disabled and can not get any help. if i only could have taken the photo of him so you could see his sorry arse face when i asked him in sign language ( know a little) what his name was. he could not exit fastest enough.

i was unable to get a photo of the little card and toy you get for 100 baht. if someone has it. please add.

and if someone may have a freind with police kindly submit his photo to them. or even immigration

post-172712-0-92256200-1391675914_thumb.

Edited by LivinginKata
offensive comment removed
  • Like 2

These foreign beggars seem to be multiplying in Phuket:

Foreigners caught on camera posing as deaf people for Phuket donations

Deaf Russian Scammers in Kata

It appears to be good money:

Thai couple poses asblind beggars earn over bt100000 a month

Here is the woman, her toy, and card from the Kata video above.

Beggar.jpg

beggarcard.jpg

and if someone may have a freind with police kindly submit his photo to them. or even immigration

That is pointless. The only person than can do anything about it is you, because you are the victim. And you don't have to have a friend in the police to report a crime. Call 191 or 1155 if you want to do something about it.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

How long these people have been operating without accidentally going to a place with BIB presence?

Edited by Guest

So this is the new "working holiday"? I had a French? guy sweeping the side walk by my hotel and he ask for some money for all the effort he was putting in. After ignoring him he let me have every expletive he could think up. Made me happy I ignored him. I've now just stuck to helping out at the local school where I hope to get meaningful results.

• Like 1

How long these people have been operating without accidentally going to a place with BIB presence?

Bib won't care unless they have to. Same as they don't care if you overtake them without a helmet on your motorbike.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Think this may be the same guy going around the buffet restaurants ( if you can call them that ) in Pattaya- left a key ring and card- never said a word just dumped them on your table. Quite a few people bought them- not bad something that probably cost 10 baht selling for 100.

Don't mind giving a bit to locals- pushing themselves around with limbs missing- but sorry this is a total scam.

I fail to see how it is a scam as you can simply refuse their offer ? or am I missing something here.

I used to smile watching the " Blind " karaoke singer on the beach stepping over the ropes holding the long tails in place.xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.g6eSBeV0mM.w alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

You are missing the fact that although some people will walk away, others who 'donate' are scammed.

It's called 'altruism'.

So this is the new "working holiday"? I had a French? guy sweeping the side walk by my hotel and he ask for some money for all the effort he was putting in. After ignoring him he let me have every expletive he could think up. Made me happy I ignored him. I've now just stuck to helping out at the local school where I hope to get meaningful results.

I had the same experience at a shopping mall in Bang Na. Overweight farang comes up to me in McD and asks for a couple of hundred baht as he had lost his money blah blah.

Upon refusal, an amazing vocabulary, clearly appropriate to his intellectual capacity.

Loser.

• Like 1

At least they are doing something productive, better than sat in a bar supporting the local entertainment girls......either that or they could try timesharelaugh.png

Your take on "productive" still puzzles me. Your holier than thou take on sitting in a bar saddens me.

• Like 2

quote from the OP post

"the only lower scum i can think of is pedophiles"

I think bankers ,politicians and people who con large amounts of money from vulnerable old ladies come above some poor sod who desperately wants to stay in Thailand so is lowering himself to sponge 50/100 baht from an unsuspecting tourist.......I suspect the OP has never himself been on hard times and probably has had a life of middle class priviledge where he can look down from his ivory tower with disdain

• Like 1

quote from the OP post

"the only lower scum i can think of is pedophiles"

I think bankers ,politicians and people who con large amounts of money from vulnerable old ladies come above some poor sod who desperately wants to stay in Thailand so is lowering himself to sponge 50/100 baht from an unsuspecting tourist.......I suspect the OP has never himself been on hard times and probably has had a life of middle class priviledge where he can look down from his ivory tower with disdain

Well you picked an appropriate username I suppose.

• Like 2

I fail to see how it is a scam as you can simply refuse their offer ? or am I missing something here.

I used to smile watching the " Blind " karaoke singer on the beach stepping over the ropes holding the long tails in place.whistling.gif

If you misrepresent yourself to get donations you are scamming.

Probably don't have work permits either. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I agree with your sentiments but you really think they should rank lower down the ladder than the Thais begging with - and even sending out - their children, some hardly toddlers, more often than not to keep the old man in fags, booze and stake money? I doubt if these kids even merit a mention on any political party's policy platform; politicians prefer to pretend the problem doesn't exist, leaving it to charitable organisations, often led by a foreign priest, to offer help and shelter.

At least they are doing something productive, better than sat in a bar supporting the local entertainment girls......either that or they could try timesharelaugh.png

Whoa bud, don't you have this backwards? Pretending to be disabled and scamming money is productive while having a beer and enjoying entertainment girls is not.