Imobile-3GX

naboo

Last month I bought a sim card for Imobile-3GX, 200 minutes and 500MB for 199B. I expected my minutes and data to expire after a month. Yesterday outbound calls were blocked (I knew the time was up early Feb, but could not figure out how to find out when!).

Today I went to Lotus to buy a top up. Didn't know how it was going to work, but they asked for my number, how much, I asked for 200B, received a confirmation SMS. I include the detail as there may be other ways to top up...

Now what I want is 500MB data and 200mins again. But I don't know how! Also, I went to their website and it appears I still have 194MB data and 105 minutes - I thought this would have been deleted.

Can anybody with experience of Imobile-3GX help me out?

It looks like you are confusing your make and model phone with your service provider. Even if your phone is locked to a particular service provider (AIS: 1-2 Call, DTAC, TRUE) you make whatever your service arrangement is with them. Determine which service provider you have. It will be labeled on the SIM card then check with them about available service plans. There are many.

No, this is imobile-3gx

www.i-mobile3gx.com/

Operate as a virtual network on TOT 3G, cracking deals compared to the big three networks - my wife got 400mins anytime any network for 200B, I got 500MB data and 200 mins for 200B, just no English language support.

I just need to figure out what happens in month two. My original package is still being used, my credit for this month remains.

It looks like you are confusing your make and model phone with your service provider. Even if your phone is locked to a particular service provider (AIS: 1-2 Call, DTAC, TRUE) you make whatever your service arrangement is with them. Determine which service provider you have. It will be labeled on the SIM card then check with them about available service plans. There are many.

The 3GX is a sim operated and run by I-MOBILE. When I bought my I-Mobile IQ XA at last years Expo in Bangkok they were giving the sim away free (pre-loaded with some voice and data credit).

I didn't use it myself because I already had two contract sims from other providers. My daughter used up the credit but never paid for any more so I don't know what options are available.

As to the OP's query about existing credit though, I should imagine it's similar to the system other providers use with their PAYG sims. ie: when you buy credit you given a finite length of time (eg. one or two months) to use it. At the end of that time access to outgoing phone calls is stopped, even though you may still have credit. If you then purchase more credit, as well as getting a further fixed time in which the use that new credit, your previous credit balance is also made available again.

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

The 3GX is a sim operated and run by I-MOBILE. When I bought my I-Mobile IQ XA at last years Expo in Bangkok they were giving the sim away free (pre-loaded with some voice and data credit).

I didn't use it myself because I already had two contract sims from other providers. My daughter used up the credit but never paid for any more so I don't know what options are available.

As to the OP's query about existing credit though, I should imagine it's similar to the system other providers use with their PAYG sims. ie: when you buy credit you given a finite length of time (eg. one or two months) to use it. At the end of that time access to outgoing phone calls is stopped, even though you may still have credit. If you then purchase more credit, as well as getting a further fixed time in which the use that new credit, your previous credit balance is also made available again.

Hope that makes sense.

First reference I've ever seen to this; I live and learn.

Well it now seems to be deducting both my balance and the minutes and data from the packages from last month.

:sigh:

New sim it is then.

BTW Tesco Lotus have the 400 minute sim marked up at 199B, but its only 139B on the scan. That's 30 days of calls, 400 minsanytime, any network, for 139B. The wife loves it!

• 6 months later...

I use them.. It works out cheaper and easier just to get a new sim each time!

They have a shop in MBK that I frequent.

as they don't offer any English support and their website is in Thai (and MYANMA !!!) language only, how do you figure out how to use it / top-up / choose the correct package...... ?

I got such a free SIM too recently when buying a cheapo (but excellent - Asus Fonepad 7 ! ) Tab at an IT store at a mall. but no clue how to use it even though I can read Thai to a certain degree...... but the packages they offer seem to depend on which SIM you have bought. and the SIM I got is not shown on their website....

Edited by siam2007

I use them.. It works out cheaper and easier just to get a new sim each time!

They have a shop in MBK that I frequent.

as they don't offer any English support and their website is in Thai (and MYANMA !!!) language only, how do you figure out how to use it / top-up / choose the correct package...... ?

I got such a free SIM too recently when buying a cheapo (but excellent - Asus Fonepad 7 ! ) Tab at an IT store at a mall. but no clue how to use it even though I can read Thai to a certain degree...... but the packages they offer seem to depend on which SIM you have bought. and the SIM I got is not shown on their website....

I'm usually not in Thailand long enough for it to matter, and the Thai gf sorts herself out if I leave her a sim to use.. The people in the shop can assist though..

Just to update as this topic has made a come back.

I found out that you are automatically subscribed to some news content services at a premium rate when you buy the sim. Called the call centre, they gave me a number to call, I cancelled it, no problem.

I still don't understand the packages, but I pay 20 satang/MB of 3G data and 50 satang/minute calling.

Out of major cities, it doesn't work. Thankfully my phone is dual sim sop I keep a 1-2-Call sim on all the time with the number I give people to call me.

The 3G is very fast, twice as fast as AIS are able to offer me.