Suthep keen for alliance with angry farmers

webfact

Yes, good! Let's finally topple the Faschist Thaksin Regime. Strip the redshirts of their money and throw them in military jail!

This government is the worst government Thailand ever had and we need to go quick befor even our grandchildren will have to pay back the debts these evil people made!

None so blind as those that won't see reality.

There's a special place for where you can enjoy your reality in safety... everyone else is doing fine thanks, and we can see quite well enough.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So why doesn't he pay some of them from his untold private fortune, instead of disrupting the economy with his childish protests whis is currently ruining a huge source of income to Thailand through tourism, which is really suffering because of his antics ?

With all his slogan talk to mob Suthep has no real issues with the Government except he wants their job.

But rice growers is another story. He can buy their land with the collected donations. Just in case he's short on his own cash.

if it was not for Suthep the government would of had the money to pay the farmers. the lost government earnings and lost earnings from tourism would of been enough to pay the rice famers.The diesel subsidy ends at the end of this month so who is going to extend that if it is not extended there be plenty of money

I try so hard not to respond to all the sheep, but when someone posts something as mind numbingly wrong as this, I can't help myself.

Lets get this straight once and for all, the PDRC and Suthep have nothing, zip, zero, nada to do with the shoddy YL administration not paying the farmers. The only reason they haven't been paid is that all the money has been pilfered by YL cronies and there is nothing left in the pot.

Is that so very hard to understand??

To some, yes, the red glasses reduce all facts to red nonsense.

• Like 1

Suthep unites what has divided by the shin-clan. More and more, I see this man acting without political bonds, I admire him. Abhisit can learn from him and do someting, like a public fund for rice-farmers in need. Im sure in a week have enough money to help some small farmers to back in a normal life...thumbsup.gif

Dream on spirit47. Here is "A story of a great conspiracy that is tearing Thailand apart"

In Confidence and without Prejudice.

Khun Suthep is not going to share his ill gotten ten million Baht with anyone. Don't forget that Suthep stands accused by farmers for grabbing a huge allotments of Thai agricultural land that was set aside for issue to poor farmers. Apparently Suthep handed that same land to his favorite Elite families. Suthep's Elite families were no doubt delighted at screwing so many farmers in one hit for so much 'Free Land'. Many of the farmers remember that land grab.

Some farmer's also see a conspiracy in the Suthep & Abhisit et al pincer movement. S&A Et Al are sure that their conspiracy will rid Thailand of democracy forever. Their pincer movement conspiracy no doubt includes at least one Thai Amy general as well. It seems as though the Elite Families, the Democrats and the Army have never wanted Democracy. And have been trying to bring Thai Democracy down for the second time in ten years.

The Thai farmers that believe Suthep's movement initiated the pincer movement at the absolute crucial moment that would lead to Suthep's victory over Democracy. This conspiracy, if true, is so elegant that one has to be impressed by it.

Why was the crucial moment so chosen, Easy because it would ensure that the Rice Pledging Project income would cease within days of payments starting to fall due at the end of the last Pledging cycle at the end of October. Until then it is believed all previous obligations to the farmers had been met in full.

But some can see cracks in the conspiracy now that Abhisit and Military are thought to be uncertain and perhaps what Suthep might actually do if he wins.

i don't like his face either, .has a PM even less..to me just another despotic guy fighting for the power to make his own money then......the problem is that thailand today has not a good and strong alternative.

• Like 1

if it was not for Suthep the government would of had the money to pay the farmers. the lost government earnings and lost earnings from tourism would of been enough to pay the rice famers.The diesel subsidy ends at the end of this month so who is going to extend that if it is not extended there be plenty of money

I try so hard not to respond to all the sheep, but when someone posts something as mind numbingly wrong as this, I can't help myself.

Lets get this straight once and for all, the PDRC and Suthep have nothing, zip, zero, nada to do with the shoddy YL administration not paying the farmers. The only reason they haven't been paid is that all the money has been pilfered by YL cronies and there is nothing left in the pot.

Is that so very hard to understand??

Oh, I say, jolly well said old chap. thumbsup.gif It's the "I'm All Right Jack" attitude of PTP that is bothering the farmers.

Crap

• Like 1

I'm sure Suthep spends night after sleepless night tossing on his pillow, worrying himself sick about the plight of unpaid rice farmers.

... on the bed of the presidential suite of Dusit Thani Hotel.

they need to let the navy seals storm the place and take him out .......

this protest has gone beyond a ridiculous length ........

just for once i wish someone would do something western style in thailand

Me too. Impeach YS and issue an international warrant for TS. Then arrest the rest of the scum and put them through a judicial process. Never to return to ANY position of power or influence.

Bela Lugosi is dead and Suthep the ghoul ready to take his place. Message to the rice farmers... I vant to drink your bloood.

Come, come....

They already fell for the TS vampire. Doubt they"ll do it again. More and more are seeing the light (Suthep) against the devils spawn of the PTP.

Shows how desperate he is for support.

Desperate? I don't think he asked for this...probably didn't see it coming. However the pissed off farmers could be the game changer. And the reds don't like it at all as their power base is being undermined.

He constantly outwits the dull government.

All Yingluck can say is the word ' democracy' , Surapong and Paraodon sit looking glum, Plodprasop has disappeared' and as for the fearless Dr Chalerm- plainly, he's enjoying his war of words with Suthep to compete for the most broken deadlines.

And............. the government is still a caretaker government awaiting the results of an democratrically held election which may result in the caretaker government become a full government again.

And............. suthep is still frantically trying to recruit new converts to his failing cause, and is wanted on murder and sedition charges.

Mmmm, constantly outwitting the government?

the caretaker government is also awaiting a court case which may get them all unceremoniously thrown out on their arse...and rightly so.. How can you keep defending the indefensible?

And lets face it...how hard is it to outwit a half wit government?

• Like 1

He constantly outwits the dull government.

All Yingluck can say is the word ' democracy' , Surapong and Paraodon sit looking glum, Plodprasop has disappeared' and as for the fearless Dr Chalerm- plainly, he's enjoying his war of words with Suthep to compete for the most broken deadlines.

And............. the government is still a caretaker government awaiting the results of an democratrically held election which may result in the caretaker government become a full government again.

And............. suthep is still frantically trying to recruit new converts to his failing cause, and is wanted on murder and sedition charges.

Mmmm, constantly outwitting the government?

the caretaker government is also awaiting a court case which may get them all unceremoniously thrown out on their arse...and rightly so.. How can you keep defending the indefensible?

And lets face it...how hard is it to outwit a half wit government?

And it can't happen soon enough.

Outwit the halfwits. I like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yes, good! Let's finally topple the Faschist Thaksin Regime. Strip the redshirts of their money and throw them in military jail!

This government is the worst government Thailand ever had and we need to go quick befor even our grandchildren will have to pay back the debts these evil people made!

And replace it with the Facist Suthep regime?

I'm all for ending corruption, and even getting rid of Thaksin's influence, but Suthep, as bent and corrupt as he is, is NOT the man to be leading the way.

The astute observer would agree Suthep said he would not be the leader in what come what may re politics, just the enabler to reset the system and banish the Clan.

• Like 1

So, according to this report, over a million farmers are owed a lot of money. Maybe the Democrats should reach out to these one million voters, and get them to support the Dems.

It's not going to happen is it ? That's because the Democrats are a party who mainly represent Thailand's elite and middle-class !! :)

You do know that the Dems had their own rice subsidy for the farmers don't you?

It worked quite well according to my FIL, a rice farmer and was paid directly to the farmer so eliminating much of the scope for corruption.

One has to wonder why it wasn't continued by PT?

• Like 2

He may well find it easier than the propaganda-copiers think. Most of those farmers currently protesting are not from core Isan country . Those that are allowed to protest by the red mobs of course. I can't help wondering if the good old Thaksin 'democratic' trick of ensuring that his supporters are first in the payment queue is still the case.

I mention propaganda because the of the number of times the lie that Suthep is responsible for non-payment for pledged rice occurs is ridiculously high. He'll be blamed for the swine flu outbreak in Chiang Mai next

He may well find it easier than the propaganda-copiers think. Most of those farmers currently protesting are not from core Isan country . Those that are allowed to protest by the red mobs of course. I can't help wondering if the good old Thaksin 'democratic' trick of ensuring that his supporters are first in the payment queue is still the case.

I mention propaganda because the of the number of times the lie that Suthep is responsible for non-payment for pledged rice occurs is ridiculously high. He'll be blamed for the swine flu outbreak in Chiang Mai next

As of 31 January the top 5 unpaid provinces, waiting for rice-pledge money, were Nakhon Sawan,Kamphaengphet, Pichit, Ubon Ratchathani and Phitsanulok. Coincidentally provinces with large Democrat support prior to the 2011 elections.

As of 31 January the top 5 unpaid provinces, waiting for rice-pledge money, were Nakhon Sawan,Kamphaengphet, Pichit, Ubon Ratchathani and Phitsanulok. Coincidentally provinces with large Democrat support prior to the 2011 elections.

If that's the case then the NACC and CC should be Lamphuning Yingluck and her cabinet sauvignon

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep unites what has divided by the shin-clan. More and more, I see this man acting without political bonds, I admire him. Abhisit can learn from him and do someting, like a public fund for rice-farmers in need. Im sure in a week have enough money to help some small farmers to back in a normal life...thumbsup.gif

You my friend, are easy to fool - if i was a politician, I would love you wai.gif

If you have courage like Suthep, and doing the right things, I would respect you. Thanks for your kindness, but I prefer not to have friendship with Moo...Call me a fool, you must have fever...biggrin.png

post-59880-0-86925500-1391860753_thumb.j

I've been telling my girl over the last few days what Suthep and his movement were doing with respect to the money owed the rice farmers, so it was very gratifying to see Suthep outed in this cartoon. (Loosely translated).

ON THE LEFT - "Please close the banks so the rice farmers cannot get paid".
ON THE RIGHT - "Please everyone donate as much as you can to help the poor rice farmer".

I laughed my ass off when she showed me this.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifIMG-20140208-WA0002.jpg

I've been telling my girl over the last few days what Suthep and his movement were doing with respect to the money owed the rice farmers, so it was very gratifying to see Suthep outed in this cartoon. (Loosely translated).

ON THE LEFT - "Please close the banks so the rice farmers cannot get paid".

ON THE RIGHT - "Please everyone donate as much as you can to help the poor rice farmer".

I laughed my ass off when she showed me this.

Think you need to look a little deeper as to why Suthep advised / told the banks not extend money to PTP, and besides it was stopped by others - not Suthep.

So have a little laugh on that.

• Like 1

I'm sure Suthep spends night after sleepless night tossing on his pillow, worrying himself sick about the plight of unpaid rice farmers.

I'm sure Suthep Yingluck spends night after sleepless night tossing on his her pillow, worrying himself herself sick about the plight of unpaid rice farmers.

• Like 1

The practicality of politics. That's why we're not politicians - we are fool enough to believe in causes.

But if they'd formed an alliance before the election - they would have won.

Doh!

Who???

Sent from my SM-N900 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have to remember never stay in a Dusit hotel.

Suddenly the farmers are not stupid anymore :lol:

The "educated" Bangkok middle class has disappeared, the southern brainwashed followers got bored and have been trucked back home, the government officials are back in their offices...

Suthep is left with an Indian guy to be deported soon, a bunch of unemployed people who join the protest to eat for free and receive a little whistle, and his paid "guards", who apparently enjoy shooting people quite much...

All together, a few hundred people. Not enough to reach his dirty goals... ^_^

So, now he is going to lick the shoes of the farmers who he hated so much till a few days ago :lol:

It's funny to see to what extent some people can go in their quest to gain power :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I can't remember in what hotel the red shirts leaders were sleeping in during the 2010 uprise but i remember Thaksin was in Paris shopping with his daughter.

Can you remeber the hotel?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What "Spirit" it Needs to lift a Gangster to be a hero... I dont know! Any means is right for Mr. Suthep to try to achieve his Goals.. his personal benefit or get a little power.

First he call same People be dump, be second class citizen, be to stupid to can vote and should be controled by "leaders" ... and now HE is go to beg the same to Support him for his fascistic plans.. only one word: dirty! Hopefully the People know that just about Suthep the government cant pay the bills.. and see the real reason of his Action.

If they arrest this trator as soon as possible it will gain the whole world. We do not need any more of facism/nazism/communism. He covers them all. Lock him in forever. He is talking about ousting the corruption. Then he should retreat himself first. He is as corrupt as any other can be. The current government also are corrupt, but they do not deney it. Elections is the only way out of this mess. Thailand is at precent a failed state.

the problem is thailand doesnt have anyone who isnt corrupt to replace mark or yinluck or suthep or thaksin

theyve all got their fingers in the till at every opportunity .....

the whole country is a cesspool of corruption that starts when rich and priviledged kids are at school getting grades they dont deserve

and it goes right to the top of the ladder ......

Edited by speedtripler
  • Like 1

RICE SCHEME

Suthep keen for alliance with angry farmers

Phanu Suphan

The Nation

30226391-01_big.gif?1391814376985

Ratri Kesornsuk, a farmer from Ang Thong, weeps while speaking to reporters outside the Commerce Ministry, where farmers had gathered to protest yesterday.

BANGKOK: -- The Suthep Thaugsuban-led anti-government movement appears to be seeking an alliance with rice farmers as the embattled caretaker government struggles to find the money owed to the farmers under the price-pledge scheme.

Yesterday, Suthep, the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leader, led another march in Bangkok to raise money for farmers who have not been paid for their crops by the government. A further fund-raising march is planned for Monday.

Suthep said yesterday's march through the main business district of Silom and adjacent areas aimed to collect at least Bt10 million in donations from the public. The money would go towards financing the farmers' own protests, said PDRC spokesman Akanat Promphan.

In a repeat of previous PDRC marches on Bangkok streets, supporters and sympathisers lined the street to hand cash to Suthep.

The government owes more than a million farmers a total of Bt140 billion under its rice-pledging scheme, a policy that helped the ruling Pheu Thai Party win the 2011 general election but has now run dry of funds. The rice scheme is also the subject of an investigation by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC).

However, rice growers are split over who should be blamed for the authorities' defaulting on debts owed. One group of farmers blames the government while another group points the finger at the PDRC.

More than 400 farmers left their road blockade in Kanchanaburi yesterday to join farmers who have been protesting at the Commerce Ministry in Nonthaburi since Thursday.

Many also marched from the ministry to the NACC office to request that the anti-graft agency speed up its investigation into the rice-pledging scheme. After an hour-long meeting between representatives of both sides, the farmers said they were satisfied with a promise that the results of the investigation would be delivered within the next few months.

About 100 Nakhon Phanom farmers gathered yesterday at the Third Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge, threatening to blockade it with a force of 10,000 protesters if the government failed to pay what it owed them within seven days. The 18,789 Nakhon Phanom farmers under the scheme are owed a total of Bt1.39 billion by the government. Elsewhere, more than 250 farmers in Kamphaeng Phet and more 1,000 in Suphan Buri yesterday submitted letters to provincial governors asking Suthep to help push through loans to pay the rice scheme's debts.

The Kamphaeng Phet growers also asked him to help alleviate the plight of more than 30,000 farming households in the province that have not had rice-pledge payments for the past four to five months.

In Phitsanulok, a group of about 200 farmers gathered at the city hall, calling on Suthep's help to push through funds for the rice scheme.

A government proposal that rice millers accept receipts from farmers under the scheme has met with reluctance on the part of the rice millers.

Rice Millers Club of Phichit vice chairman Wirat Limthongsomjai said it was unlikely rice millers would accept the pledge receipts because they were already under financial stress. Banks have extended a total Bt300-million credit limit to farmers, while the farmers' debt totals billions of baht.

"Moreover, each miller will have to reserve cash to buy rice from the next crop," Wirat said.

Democrat spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut agreed with the government's idea to encourage rice millers to lend farmers up to 50 per cent of the value of their pledge receipts. But he said the government would have to pay the interest incurred from this deal.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-08

Dear farmers, do not get in this mad mans trap. This is my advice.