Pattaya Beach- what are those small metal posts for ?

how241

A place to tie up your horse

ee kwai!

Not horses, everyone knows the girls all have treasured pet water buffaloes, now that farang are getting so skeptical (thanks to TV) they need to have them close to hand as proof.

Business opportunity here - sick buffalo rental agencies. . .

Thanks to TV...we get to hear...the rest of the story...! Thanks to the honesty of some TV posters...the newbie...the naïve...have a more balanced view of paradise...

the poles are for benches guys...

benches

but as the police chief stated he wants to see as few as possible coconut girlz on the beach, the bench delivery process has been stalled....

making all beach tourists and expats (and coconot girlz) currently sit on bricks taken from the sidewalk

TIT...

the poles are for benches guys...

benches

but as the police chief stated he wants to see as few as possible coconut girlz on the beach, the bench delivery process has been stalled....

making all beach tourists and expats (and coconot girlz) currently sit on bricks taken from the sidewalk

TIT...

Do you have any info to support those thoughts ???

Surely everyone is aware that they have been installing the new benches for the last week. They are pretty nice, and are made to prevent sleeping. However, you will find that vendors are already using them to display their wares.

• Like 1

Surely everyone is aware that they have been installing the new benches for the last week. They are pretty nice, and are made to prevent sleeping. However, you will find that vendors are already using them to display their wares.

Are you sure they are benches and not shelves whistling.gif

Hopefully the are the legs for the missing

bench seats wink.png

A very boring remark between all the good suggestions – but probably closer to the truth whistling.gif

(Edit: My 25 satang suggestion shall be: Dancing poles for beachfront midgets...!)

Edited by khunPer

an update on this? From the picture it can't be benches or poles to prevent car entry. The most logical explanation was lighting.

Near what soi can they be seen? Might go and have a look next time.

They start north of Pattaya Klang and go most of the way down to Pattaya Nuea(North)...Opposite way to walking street.

I checked them last night and they look exactly the same as the poles that block cars/motos from entering the beach walkway (from the main road onto the beach walk). So they are probably only there to mark the middle of the road (for markets?), but they come in clusters that are not aligned at all. Really stupid. They don't black any traffic on the walkway itself as there is still enough space for cars on both sides.

So this must be their true purpose:

Their true purpose is to turn "sex tourists" into "medical tourists"

I noticed them before too. I think they are used as anchor points as they are in areas where stages have been setup in the past for the music festival, firework competitions and other events. I initially thought they were there to stop cars or trucks but they would have no effect they are positioned.

Just this morning beyond soi 4 Beach Rd I saw a jet-ski operator fasten a bungee type rope around 2 of the posts and his waist allowing his collegue to accelerate approx.50 metres in the sea to where he was flung back onto the beach-much laughter followed along with a newly painted sign advertising "Pattaya,s extreme thrill 500 baht" so there you have it thumbsup.gif sorted