South Australian gay couple travel to Thailand for birth of their surrogate twins

Lite Beer

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not go to the local orphanages?

You mean the places that foreign missionaries take the Hill Tribe kids to (that still have living parents)? Those orphanages? They probably wouldn't give them up to "just anybody", especially a gay couple. They'd need to go to a "good" family who could provide the proper indoctrination upbringing.

Edited by connda

Why not go to the local orphanages?

I wrote this below in reply to another comment ... but it does seem to fit yours also ...

That a very understandable thought (we often visit the Phaya Thai orphanage and donate)however, I don't know if the adoption process would be legal/recognised in Australia, thus they might not receive duel citizenship rights for the adopted children of a Australian Gay couple.

Maybe someone else has the legal knowledge of Australian adoption Laws and how they relation to the OP?

The downfall of society is when LGBT start messing with nature.

I really dont care what you do behind doors but this kind of practice should be outlawed.

Go adpot a child in need instead of creating surrogate Frankenstein children...

bah.gif

This is the saddest post I have ever seen on TV. I hope the mods take notice " Frankenstein children" really sick man, really!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You'll get over it.

;)

Isnt there some law in australia about a gay couple living together raisinf children? Without a mother. I am sure a mother has first custody rights. So isnt it possible they may send the children back to thailand to the mother?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

there is no such,laws as much as some people want them.

Many heterosexual couples raise their children horribly. They divorce, rape, murder and give their kids a bad life.

There are no such statistics or evidence of this with gays

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

I not see the problem that many posters in here think its unethical for the couple to have kids .

I have several gay friends some are couples , i trust my kids with them anytime .

From what i know , they doing pretty well in society , finacially and also there social life .

Sure , me thinks it would have been better to adopt kids , but not sure if it is allowed by aussie law in the part of the country they live in .

Anyway , I wish the kids , the fathers and the women that gave birth the best of luck .

• Like 1

Jingthing, on 10 Feb 2014 - 14:56, said:

Costas2008, on 10 Feb 2014 - 14:50, said:

"Eggs were harvested in Thailand, checked for health then each man fertilised one of the eggs in a Bangkok IVF clinic."

Is this ethically correct?

That's a good question in general -- surrogate birthing.

This is becoming a big business in India and totally legal.

Heterosexual parents.

Gay couples wouldn't be welcome in India (homosexuality is illegal there).

Not sure whether you were asking about the surrogate issue, the gay parenting issue, or both?

No JT, I have nothing against gay parenting, in fact I wish them Good Luck and happiness with the kids.

I was questioning the interference with nature, that I don't believe is right.

so how do you justify interference in nature when parents have extra marital affairs, commit incest, or split up,leave a sole parent with heaps of stress?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

The real issue here isn't the sexuality of the parents at all. There are many people who are raised by 1 piss poor parent that couldn't give an s**t. 2 fathers who both love you dearly? Fine.

The issue here is that there are 1,000,000s of children all over the world who are already born but will live their lives in homes never knowing the love of a parent. These 2 (and many, many others like them including infertile hetero couples) could really make a difference but make this choice. That is what I have a problem with.

+1

However still right for anyone to have their own kids ... The dichotomy of life in this great world we live in.

And Thailand is full of more contradictions than most countries as beautiful as it and it's people are.

Edited by bangkokpoppys

It's great these two two want to be parents but I get a little queasy when a commercial wombing service is involved. It seems that the potential of exploitation of poor Third World women in such cases could be a worry.

Childbirth is still one of the highest risk medical procedures for a woman and I wonder how people would feel if one of these commercial wombs was to die during childbirth or shortly thereafter?

It's a sick sick sick world, when this is allowed to happen.

Get used to it the issue of same sex any things is about to get bigger to the point where one day soon there will not be a single thought given to same or opposite sex couples.

The modern world is here, get on board or get left at the station.

I am interested to learn that in Thailand there are single Caucasian women, who already have children , prepared to offer themselves as surrogates. !

$$$$$$$

I'm sure she flew in for a Medical Holiday (fully paid for and then some).

$$$$$$$$

I am interested to learn that in Thailand there are single Caucasian women, who already have children , prepared to offer themselves as surrogates. !

Was it written in the article that thier mothers / donor egg supplier was Caucasian?

post-104736-0-68709200-1392038602_thumb.

My TWINS with my Thai Partner don't have a strong 'Thai look'.

Everyone is different.

• Like 1

Was it written in the article that thier mothers / donor egg supplier was Caucasian?

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.gTWINS Hospital 01 LR.JPG

Everyone is different.

David

Nice kids you are a lucky man !

I may have unintentionally misquoted the article which I have just re- read .

From the article

" Research including checking Facebook surrogacy groups pointed to Thailand as their best option.

An agent there arranged for an anonymous egg donor, offering a choice of ethnicities. The men chose caucasian." (sic) .
The article does not state the ethnicity of the women the fertilized eggs were transferred to.
If the egg donors were in fact not the surrogates then the whole process becomes very complicated and involved !
  • Like 1

Conceived from eggs harvested from a single donor woman, separately fertilised by the gay dads, implanted into two surrogate women in Thailand,

Yet I was not allowed to have my son join me for 7 bloody years to join me on a trip to oz. Double standards or what? Makes one vomit.

Edit to keep peace

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Next you can order babys online via amazon. I think there must be an border making babys to a consumers product. Its not ok to make children without history, the history is part of everybodys identity.

So that makes adopted kids without a history? I got one and a great one at that PM me if you want the story and also read the article properly, if the kids want to know in the future they are more then welcome to it. Just as I was....

Adopted kids have a story, they normaly not produced in a lab. If you dont know by yourself, what your own history do to you, sorry, I cant help you. But I can promise you, it is important, because its a part of everybody. So I prefer that my parents was in love and have sex together...tongue.png Please read what I wrote, and dont interpret: "Its not ok, to make children without history".

attachicon.gifTWINS Hospital 01 LR.JPG

Everyone is different.

Gezz David, your kids do not look Asian at all.

I wonder what they will think reading these comments and their parents archives in the future ? All the planning etc,,,......

Same as FkBook Timelines etc for many people.

giggle.gif

• Like 1

If God had wanted two men to have children together then he would have made it so that both men and woman can give birth

"God" must not want sterile heteros to have children either ...

Most of the commercial potential for surrogate services is with hetero people, by far.

• Like 1

I do hope the Surrogate Mothers are feeling no remorse, To carry a Baby for 9 months,then give it up to 2 rich Guys .Crazy World we live in.

Is it nicer to have in 9 month, 100-500? Sex partners? Done from tens of thousands in Thailand. And not only here! blink.png

The real issue here isn't the sexuality of the parents at all. There are many people who are raised by 1 piss poor parent that couldn't give an s**t. 2 fathers who both love you dearly? Fine.

The issue here is that there are 1,000,000s of children all over the world who are already born but will live their lives in homes never knowing the love of a parent. These 2 (and many, many others like them including infertile hetero couples) could really make a difference but make this choice. That is what I have a problem with.

Did you read that in the OP-report,

""adoption by gay couples is not permitted in South Australia.""

But real DNA tested fathers is a different story! whistling.gif

Clients or potential clients of surrogate services abroad (gay and straight) often face legal issues with their home country governments The same sex thing adds another layer. Some countries are easier than others. For straight parents, the USA is quite easy as surrogate services are legal there as well, though many Americans go abroad to do it cheaper.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

To me, it seems very sad to grow up without the love of a mother.

There's a special bond created between a child and it's mother during pregnancy.

The fact that you can buy a baby is rather sad too, really - regardless of the sexual preference of the parents.

Edited by pedro01

To me, it seems very sad to grow up without the love of a mother.

There's a special bond created between a child and it's mother during pregnancy.

The fact that you can buy a baby is rather sad, really - regardless of the sexual preference of the parents.

It's not that sad to potential parental hopefuls who can't have babies otherwise.