Chalerm scolded for insulting Chart Pattana leader

webfact

Chalerm Scolded For Insulting Chart Pattana Leader
By Khaosod English

13921051691392105449l.jpg

Mr. Suwat Liptapanlop, de facto leader of Chart Pattana Party, during a ceremony to celebrate his 59th birthday, 9 February 2014

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party boss said he has criticised Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung for his disparaging remarks about a coalition party leader.

Mr. Chalerm, who also chairs the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO), lashed out yesterday at Mr. Suwat Liptapanlop, top adviser of Chart Pattana Party, after Mr. Suwat expressed his willingness to mediate a negotiation between the administration and anti-government protesters.

"If Mr. Suwat wants to be a Prime Minister himself, no one has anything against that," Mr. Chalerm charged, "But since he is still in the coalition, he has to defend the government".

The CMPO director also accused Mr. Suwat of stabbing the administration in the back by supporting a newspaper which launches daily attacks on Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and her cabinet members.

"If Mr. Suwat believes this newspaper he′s supporting, he should just quit [the coalition] once and for all," Mr. Chalerm said, without naming the newspaper.

The incident has stirred up speculation that the coalition government of Ms. Yingluck might be experiencing a rift amid the ongoing protests.

Responding to incident, Pheu Thai leader Charupong Ruengsuwan said in a press conference today that the 4-party coalition is strong as ever, in spite of Mr. Chalerm′s remarks.

"We still hold our hands together. Nothing changes," Mr. Charupong told reporters, adding that he speaks "daily" to coalition leaders such as Mr. Suwat and Mr. Banharn Silpa-archa, top adviser of Chart Thai Pattana Party.

He also stated that Pheu Thai Party leadership has already lectured Mr. Chalerm on the consequences of his public insults toward the party′s allies.

"Mr. Chalerm′s words risk turning friends into enemies," Mr. Charupong said dryly, "At the moment, Pheu Thai prefers to have friends".

According to a source inside Pheu Thai Party, Mr. Suwat was greatly offended by Mr. Chalerm′s remarks, causing high-ranking Pheu Thai figures such as Mr. Somchai Wongsawat and Ms. Yaowapa Wongsawat to personally apologise to Chart Pattana leader.

"We fear it could have an effect over our cooperation in the future," the source said.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qRXdOVEUyT1E9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-11

All that testosterone..... Mix it with ear medicine and the pantomime shall see some more laughs

It amazes me that so many politicians within PTP and within their (I shall be polite here and call them...) coalition parties have stuck to the party mantra when the fires beneath them are burning and the people who put an "X" in their box are smelling the smell.

No doubt few have the courage to fight

If Mr. Suwat wants to be a Prime Minister himself, no one has anything against that," Mr. Chalerm charged, "But since he is still in the coalition, he has to defend the government".

Just shows that even if you think the government are wrong you cannot dare say as such. If he is part of the coalition he should be able to offer advice and constructive criticism where appropriate.

"If Mr. Suwat wants to be a Prime Minister himself, no one has anything against that," Mr. Chalerm charged, "But since he is still in the coalition, he has to defend the government".

That is total rubbish and another aspect of a defunct faulty political system in Thailand, the coalition members have every right to have an opinion independent of PTP, in fact if they actually had a backbone we might not be in this mess, I suspect that TS churns out a very hefty sum each month to keep them on board

• Like 1

fear of talking freely.

That is total rubbish and another aspect of a defunct faulty political system in Thailand, the coalition members have every right to have an opinion independent of PTP, in fact if they actually had a backbone we might not be in this mess, I suspect that TS churns out a very hefty sum each month to keep them on board

What could also be present is the fear of talking openly / independently.

As an open comment, people who make corruption an art form use 'entrapment' as one of their tools. Once the 'new boy' is on board that 'new boy' is now very afraid of speaking up about the bigger picture because he/she then reveals his/her own involvement in corruption.

• Like 1

Yes, they do have that right. However, the TRT/PPP/PTP consider any dissenting or critical opinions as illegitimate, ignorant and treasonous.

This has been a tactic of the Shin Clan since 2001. People who dissent, criticize, accuse or otherwise are against Thaksin and his gang are ridiculed, accused of being puppets of the "elite", threatened, have their patriotism questioned and are disrespected.

Mr. T even had the nerve to tell Anand to <deleted> after he made some comments in 2002. Ok, I am paraphrasing, but you get my point.

• Like 1

"The incident has stirred up speculation that the coalition government of Ms. Yingluck might be experiencing a rift"

Well fk me.. what a surprise? They're all shit scared of bank accounts for: family and friends, drivers, maids, dogs and even their own excrement, being accessed.

Rift my ass, they are crapping it! Worst of all for them is, "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours, but who the fk can I trust?"

They don't even trust themselves, never mind one another, by definition of guilt. Can't wait to see the outcome of Yingluck defending herself (attempting to string even a logical, embattled, Thai sentence together.) I assume the courts will not permit Skype access in session? ? ?

Nice one Chalerm.

Alienating PTPs second largest coalition partner, and holder of I believe 15 seats in parliament.

Just at the time when this government need all the love they can get, Chalerm puts a bullet straight through their relationship with Chart Pattana.

What next?.... piss off the Blumjaithai party and lose out on another 29 seats?

This gets better every day. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by mightyatom