Kittirat says many banks interested in lending to government

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the government does get the bank loans, it will be a game changer for Suthep. He can no longer call the rice program a corrupt scheme or he would have to also accuse the banks as accessories to such corruption. And Suthep loses his appeal to the farmers that he was relying on to reinvigorate his own deminishing anti-government protests. For the sake of the rice farmers I hope the government can meet its financial obligations, politics or not. Let not their lives continue as pawns in political struggles between the Democrats and the PTP. They deserve the fruits of their labor and happy lives.

Politicians now around the world seem to think they can continue to make 3 and 4 Pinocheo comments.

Even Obama and the American Government can't tell the Truth if it was in their face.

Why should anyone expect anything different from these Politicians.

Their plans all look Rosy in the Begining until the Reality Sets In that you've just been screwed.

Hate to think of the consequences if Thai Banks do give loans under these circumstances.

When it Walks, Talks, and Looks like a Duck; It IS a Duck. Not a Bugs Bunny

Edited by KimoMax

The banks are SO INTERESTED they haven't bothered giving interest rates..... right!

" He said the caretaker government was ready to sign the loan agreements immediately once they propose appropriate lending rates."

It would also be interesting what terms are on the loans ... the last one's were 15 years???

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

The reluctance to name them might have something to do with the likelihood of a feral mob and a mad monk descending on the office

Well if the lenders he has in mind want secrecy, then that means they are now willing to let their shareholders / depositors know they have signed a loan contract to loan very large amounts of funds to this gov't.

Further, what's changed in the last week in terms of the legal complications / legal dangers / massive immediate and longer term risks of loaning to a caretaker gov't / a gov't entangled in massively failed policies / impending, numerous charges of massive corruption, seemingly impending charges against the caretaker puppet, and because of this we now see massive protests.

Nothing has changed, if local banks to loan to this gang of thieves there is still the possibilities or a 'run' on banks. Very undesirable indeed.

Back to square one - what local banks, last week or today would risk getting involved mr. kitty?

Edited by scorecard

The reluctance to name them might have something to do with the likelihood of a feral mob and a mad monk descending on the office

Maybe.. or that people would pull back their money (just as I would).

But the public has a right to know.

But i find the other possibility of that there are no banks that want to loan the money and that this is all a big lie much more believable. It is not like he has a good track record.

Yes, I can't disagree with you about transparency but it certainly wouldn't bother me if my bank is involved

Well it would bother you if there was a Bank run, which would be highly likely if they become involved, depending of course how much money you keep in a Thai bank. If its a few baht who cares, if it's a few million then it would be unwise to be 'not bothered'.

The 'reluctance' to name them is just the old trick of "If I tell them some are interested, then the Banks will think they are going to miss out and join the party" A kind of double double poker bluff, you know the kind that never ever works but complete kn*bheads keep on doing it over and over again. 100% there are no Banks interested!

Edited by GentlemanJim

Kittirat says many banks interested in lending to government

Thank you, Siiiiiir , for causing MORE panic to your taxpayers. I guess now every taxpayer victim will be out at the bank to save their own assets while they can,...

thank you for causing more BLACK-ABYSS-WHITE-LIE-PANIC ,... you,.... you,.... (*I gotta restrain myself*)

Dear Rice farmers, raid this scumbug, while you can....

I guess now every taxpayer victim will be out at the bank to save their own assets while they can

That may be the real reason he's opened his mouth! Could it be that now they would be happy to cause a run on the banks, ruin the banks as a farewell gesture to the Thai people for being kicked out of office!! Thaksin's revenge

The banks are SO INTERESTED they haven't bothered giving interest rates..... right!

" He said the caretaker government was ready to sign the loan agreements immediately once they propose appropriate lending rates."

It would also be interesting what terms are on the loans ... the last one's were 15 years???

Wow

you were denying the existance of this article and the police one with me 5 hours ago. Shows how behind with things you get if you don't open up the old mind and read other media that bluesky.

Governments borrow all the time and the rice scheme is not that big a deal. The dems now they lost their coup think they can make capital from it though so the media churn out hundreds of articles to make it appear big. Compare it to EU farming subsidies and it come up laughably small.

Least we can see that a Government is functioning at some level again, which is good for the country.

Wow

you were denying the existance of this article and the police one with me 5 hours ago. Shows how behind with things you get if you don't open up the old mind and read other media that bluesky.

Governments borrow all the time and the rice scheme is not that big a deal. The dems now they lost their coup think they can make capital from it though so the media churn out hundreds of articles to make it appear big. Compare it to EU farming subsidies and it come up laughably small.

Least we can see that a Government is functioning at some level again, which is good for the country.

Mate. Some of us work! By work I mean real work. Not keyboard warrior work for R Amsterdam. I also do not watch Bluesky.

PS : I didn't deny it's existence. I actually asked you in the thread if that was correct .. I'm really not sure if Pipkins is one person or a team!!

your the one that rarely substantiates your posts!

Edited by casualbiker
  • Like 2

He said the caretaker government was ready to sign the loan agreements immediately once they propose appropriate lending rates.

But he said he could not reveal their names on fear that anti-government protesters could again go to blockade these banks if they have the information.

Kittirat to the farmers, I have 2 hands behind my back, one is full of money, the other is empty. Guess which hand has the money, and i'll pay you......sorry wrong again.

Fortunately most of the big banks are listed on the SET, which has strict rules reg. disclosing information to shareholders and the public in general. Hence these banks cannot, and probably will not, engage in the kind of secret and dodgy deals that are so popular with the PTP government.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

Must be foreign bank like UOB, Standard Chartered, CIMB, Bank of China, etc.

Should not have extended their banking licenses.

Farang bank siphon Thai money for their Farang master overseas.

If you are Thai, shame on you for exhibiting your xenophobia at this time.

• Like 2

They don't need to.

The Unions, bank employees and the bank customers will do it for them.

For surely it will lead to bank foreclosure..... on itself.

But then again we all know that no banks are interested and this little news bite has only been released so as to destabilize the relationship between rice farmers and PDRC protesters when later they reveal that the protesters got in between the deal.

Suthep should undermine this exercise by getting up in stage tonight and declaring that the banks will get no interference from the PDRC or any anti-gov protest movement.

That will piss on his box of fireworks.

The banks ought to realise that even if the PTP went ahead and attempted to borrow, they are still unable to allocate funding to pay the loans back..... fizzle..... POP.

Edited by mightyatom
  • Like 2

It is more likely because once named the CEO of the named banks would flatly deny Mr. Kittirats claim, once again showing everyone that there is usually noone at the other side of the table when the PTP negotiates it's many secret "deals".

• Like 2

He said that these banks have gained understandings of the scheme

I knew it all along: the rice scheme was misunderstood. It got unrelenting parental abuse from birth and the neighbors never saw anything, even if there was a report, the authorities covered it up because of the scandal. No wonder the rice scheme turned out the way it did!

Now, Mr. Caretaking Finance Minister, would you be so kind as to share with the public exactly what the gained understandings of the scheme were, that changed "many banks' minds"? Because frankly I still can't see what would be profitable in the scheme for these banks to become interested suddenly...oh, oh, I think it dawned on me...the scheme does not have to be profitable for an institution, just for individuals...also explains your smirk, you bad boy...

But i find the other possibility of that there are no banks that want to loan the money and that this is all a big lie much more believable. It is not like he has a good track record.

Yes, I can't disagree with you about transparency but it certainly wouldn't bother me if my bank is involved

I hope we don't bank with the same bank.

I hope we don't bank with the same bank.

If everything is above board and the lending terms are general market terms, I see no problem either. There is afterall little risk Thailand would default on a relatively small bank loan.

I think the banks are more worried about the legality of such a deal as well as the banks reputation in the eyes of their major investors, who generally want to stay far away from politics, and who will not hesitate to sue the bank's board and CEO should problems arise and the loan later be declared illegal.