Pheu Thai Party rejects Thaksin overture for talks with protesters

Lite Beer

Bearboxer wrote:

Unlike the convicted fugitive fraudster who according to Forbes is still receiving large payments from his sister's government. How very strange.

It would be nice, if you could provide exact links for that, because if true that would be another reason to get rid of her ASAP...

(text bolded by me)

Look here:

http://www.forbes.com/profile/thaksin-shinawatra/

"Shinawatra disclosed to FORBES in October that Thai authorities had returned to him close to $1 billion"

From $ 600 Million in August 2012 to $1,7 Billion in March 2013

No one knows who has authorized the transfer of $1 Billion (35.000.000.000 Baht), because there are many charges and courtcases still pending.

incredible, the government gives a convicted fugitive criminal $ 1 Billion and even a passport too.

Everybody knows, except people who can't read news.

The almost $1 billion that was returned to Thaksin was returned to him by the Supreme Court, NOT by the government or his sister Yingluck.

Edited by ShannonT

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, JesseFrank for supporting me.

Shannon seems to be emminently proud of being an English native and not aware, that more people speak some kind of Chinese or some kind of Hindi or even Spanish. It is just this elitist undercurrent, that I take offence with. Face it: Nobody is able to choose his/her parents and so the nationality. We have to take it as it is and make the best out of it. Imagine, if I was born in England, my penname/avatar might be SamCockney or SamLiverpool...

The official language of this forum, as stated in the rules, is English, not German, Chinese or Hindi.

Perhaps instead of accusing other members of not making sense, you should admit that really it is you who does not understand what they are writing.

And no, my native language is NOT English.

Edited by ShannonT

Bearboxer wrote:

Unlike the convicted fugitive fraudster who according to Forbes is still receiving large payments from his sister's government. How very strange.

It would be nice, if you could provide exact links for that, because if true that would be another reason to get rid of her ASAP...

(text bolded by me)

Look here:

"Shinawatra disclosed to FORBES in October that Thai authorities had returned to him close to $1 billion"

No one knows who has authorized the transfer of $1 Billion (35.000.000.000 Baht), because there are many charges and courtcases still pending.

incredible, the government gives a convicted fugitive criminal $ 1 Billion and even a passport too.

Everybody knows, except people who can't read news.

The almost $1 billion that was returned to Thaksin was returned to him by the Supreme Court, NOT by the government or his sister Yingluck.

When was it returned.. any idea?

The elections have been blocked because during the last elections there is mass, proven vote buying ...

Just to remind you for a second, in the 2009 election, the Democrats were convicted of vote buying.

And in the 2011 election, almost the entire Bhumjaithai party was involved in election fraud, according to the EC.

Who's the Bhumjaithai? Oh, right ...the Democrat party's biggest coalition partner.

Now, let's talk about vote buying again, shall we.

bla bla bla.

Where is the 3 BILLION dollars?

What would have been the point? He was hardly going to stick around anyway.

The point would have been:

- Setting a standard and sticking to the rule of law.

- Getting a conviction of murder could have justified an international arrest / extradition warrant.

Let me explain this to you, Thaksin did not murder 2500 people and such charges would be thrown out of court on day 1 by the judge on an obvious legal failing by the prosecutors, just as Abhisit and Suthep did not 'murder' anybody and their charges WILL be thrown out . Thaksin ordered the extra judicial executions of what ended up as some 2500 people many many of whom were innocent, and certainly did not deserve an execution let alone without due process of law. Note, this was not a legal misinterpretation of rules of engagement or any other BS that people want to consider Abhisit and Suthep (along with senior crisis commander Tarit) got up to. This was the order to execute without trial ANYBODY SUSPECTED of being involved in the drug trade. Thaksin was 100% guilty of a humanitarian crime and how that will all be structured in the international courts when he eventually is brought to atone for those crimes is up to the lawyers. One thing is for sure though, the international courts will not slap a murder charge on him for him to walk free, they will nail him for life given the opportunity. As for the Tak Bai massacre just add it to the list. in the international courts, Justice has no expiry date.

You say: "Thaksin ordered the extra judicial executions of what ended up as some 2500 people many many of whom were innocent, and certainly did not deserve an execution let alone without due process of law. Note, this was not a legal misinterpretation of rules of engagement or any other BS that people want to consider Abhisit and Suthep (along with senior crisis commander Tarit) got up to. This was the order to execute without trial ANYBODY SUSPECTED of being involved in the drug trade. Thaksin was 100% guilty".

---

You and other anti-Thaksin people on this forum keep saying this, but I have seen no evidence for it. No-one has.

If there is any evidence, why was Thaksin not charged?

You say "100% guilty". Have you seen the evidence? Have you been in a court room where it was examined and reviewed? No, because there has been no such case. Why? Because there is no evidence. So how can you say "100% guilty"? You are giving us nothing but rhetoric and hate-speech.

Just because you and others on this forum keep making these charges of "2500 people executed" does not make these charges true. Face the facts: you have zero evidence of this. You are making assumptions because you have developed an unreasonable and exaggerated hatred of Mr Thaksin.

Tell us what is the evidence that he did anything wrong in this matter, or better still take that evidence to your local police station. If you have none (and we know that you have none) then perhaps you'd consider not posting rubbish?

The elections have been blocked because during the last elections there is mass, proven vote buying ...

Just to remind you for a second, in the 2009 election, the Democrats were convicted of vote buying.

And in the 2011 election, almost the entire Bhumjaithai party was involved in election fraud, according to the EC.

Who's the Bhumjaithai? Oh, right ...the Democrat party's biggest coalition partner.

Now, let's talk about vote buying again, shall we.

bla bla bla.

Where is the 3 BILLION dollars?

What 3 billion dollars?

The rice is in the warehouses waiting to be sold.

What would have been the point? He was hardly going to stick around anyway.

The point would have been:

- Setting a standard and sticking to the rule of law.

- Getting a conviction of murder could have justified an international arrest / extradition warrant.

Let me explain this to you, Thaksin did not murder 2500 people and such charges would be thrown out of court on day 1 by the judge on an obvious legal failing by the prosecutors, just as Abhisit and Suthep did not 'murder' anybody and their charges WILL be thrown out . Thaksin ordered the extra judicial executions of what ended up as some 2500 people many many of whom were innocent, and certainly did not deserve an execution let alone without due process of law. Note, this was not a legal misinterpretation of rules of engagement or any other BS that people want to consider Abhisit and Suthep (along with senior crisis commander Tarit) got up to. This was the order to execute without trial ANYBODY SUSPECTED of being involved in the drug trade. Thaksin was 100% guilty of a humanitarian crime and how that will all be structured in the international courts when he eventually is brought to atone for those crimes is up to the lawyers. One thing is for sure though, the international courts will not slap a murder charge on him for him to walk free, they will nail him for life given the opportunity. As for the Tak Bai massacre just add it to the list. in the international courts, Justice has no expiry date.

You say: "Thaksin ordered the extra judicial executions of what ended up as some 2500 people many many of whom were innocent, and certainly did not deserve an execution let alone without due process of law. Note, this was not a legal misinterpretation of rules of engagement or any other BS that people want to consider Abhisit and Suthep (along with senior crisis commander Tarit) got up to. This was the order to execute without trial ANYBODY SUSPECTED of being involved in the drug trade. Thaksin was 100% guilty".

---

You and other anti-Thaksin people on this forum keep saying this, but I have seen no evidence for it. No-one has.

You say "100% guilty". Have you seen the evidence? Have you been in a court room where it was examined and reviewed? No, because there has been no such case. Why? Because there is no evidence. So how can you say "100% guilty"? You are giving us nothing but rhetoric and hate-speech.

Just because you and others on this forum keep making these charges of "2500 people executed" does not make these charges true. Face the facts: you have zero evidence of this. You are making assumptions because you have developed an unreasonable and exaggerated hatred of Mr Thaksin.

Tell us what is the evidence that he did anything wrong in this matter, or better still take that evidence to your local police station. If you have none (and we know that you have none) then perhaps you'd consider not posting rubbish?

Fact is, the Democrats jump at every little opportunity to sue Thaksin and anyone with ties to him.

If there was any evidence, you can bet your grandma, her house and the puppy that the Democrats would have already jumped on it.

The real fact is, however ...that the only ones with murder charges against them are Abhisit and Suthep.

Gosh, seems so simple to fix. But the Dems dont care about reform, they Only care about Yingluk resigning and their setup of a power grab. If not, both sides would be talking.

Defend the crooks to your hearts content, repeat this mantra continuously, Yinglucks family doesn't want power, only peace. Repeat as often as necessary to convince yourself.

I've never quite understood why if the Shinawats only want peace and not power they need to have family members in the key positions of Prime Minister, Defence Minister, Foreign Minister, Deputy Prime Minister, Deputy Leader of the ruling Pheu Thai party and Chief of CAPO. And of course overseeing the lot from his power tower in Dubai is Yingluck's brother. Thaksin.... an ex Prime Minister himself.

That's an awful lot of power for one family to have under their bonnet.

Yes it is an awful lot of power,even a company running a Competion, disbar company employees from entering into the game/draw,as they know there will be fiddling by the company employees.

"In case of negotiations, the caretaker government - and not the Pheu Thai Party - will be involved in it," he said.

Some times when I see nonsense comments like this one,I feel as though my Brain is being sucked!

It's not nonsense. The caretaker government governs Thailand, not the Puea Thai party.

What's so difficult to understand?

Maybe you thought the government was made up of only Puea Thai members? That's not the case.

ShannonT (in post 91)

Oh really? Between October 2012 and now?
At least we know now, where the money to pay the farmers went to...

==============================================

ShannonT (in post 92)

1. The official language of this forum, as stated in the rules, is English, not German, Chinese or Hindi.

2. Perhaps instead of accusing other members of not making sense, you should admit that really it is you who does not understand what they are writing.

3. And no, my native language is NOT English.

ad 1) Tell me something new. What language are we currently using? Is that Kisuaheli or what?
ad 2) What is it, that you think (!!!) I don't understand? Beside your point of view!
ad 3) So enlighten us: What is your native language? And Scotland, Eire, Wales, NZ AUS and USA are normally subsummarized as native English-speaking countries.

SamMunich:

Here is our conversation from page 3, to refresh your memory:

The protesters only have dirty tricks. Couldn't trust them as far as I could kick them.

Let the ballot box do the talking.

First think, then write!

How far can you kick the protester, and would that be one after the other or all together?

And since when are ballot boxes talking,- and in which language?

I don't mind, if you don't mince your words - we all do that - but then it should be sensible,- as in making sense...

P.S. About the dirty tricks, I guess they learnt all of them from Taksin...

English is obviously not your first language, so let me explain what he meant.

Let the ballot box do the talking basically means ...let the votes speak. It's a figure of speech.

It means let people vote and then you'll know what their opinion is.

I don't know how to put it in easier terms, I'm sorry. I hope it makes sense now.

You obviously didn't understand what "let the ballot box do the talking" meant.
  • Like 1

Talks with that Snake will be pointless, she will just lie through her teeth, say she doesn't know about that subject and insist Suthep 'waits for the proper time'

Suthep is right to stand strong against this Champion of Corruption... the sooner the NACC lay charges against her the better

Suthep, who is charged with murdering over 80 Thais ...

Post a link, or I will call you a liar!

"In case of negotiations, the caretaker government - and not the Pheu Thai Party - will be involved in it," he said.

Some times when I see nonsense comments like this one,I feel as though my Brain is being sucked!

It's not nonsense. The caretaker government governs Thailand, not the Puea Thai party.

What's so difficult to understand?

Maybe you thought the government was made up of only Puea Thai members? That's not the case.

Yes I know the PTP is not entirely made up of a single Party,but is/was by far the largest Party ruling Thailand!

Read their statement above again "In case of negotiations the caretaker government-and not the Pheu Thai Party-will be involved in it," he said.

So if PTP will no longer be the caretaker government,so who will be entering into negotiations! and under what title?

Gosh, seems so simple to fix. But the Dems dont care about reform, they Only care about Yingluk resigning and their setup of a power grab. If not, both sides would be talking.

Talks are the best way to go. But the current government has never been interested in this. Or these problems would have been resolved years ago. It takes 2 to tango. Not just one. Give and take is required.

And what pray tell does Suhtep give up, dreams of being a dictator?

Please show a link to a media article where he states he wants to be a dictator. Every article I've read is his desire to get out of politics.

http://www.peoplesreview.com.np/index.php/articles/view-point/item/501-brinkmanship-the-thai-political-crisis

He vowed that after the reforms were in place, he would retire from politics.

---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premiership_of_Thaksin_Shinawatra#Anti-drug_policies

After the 2006 coup, the military junta ordered another investigation into the anti-drug campaign. Former Attorney General Kanit Na Nakhon chaired the special investigative committee. "The special committee will be tasked with an investigation to find out the truth about the deaths as well as to identify remedial measures for their relatives", said Justice Minister Charnchai Likhitjittha.%5B41%5D The committee found that as many as 1400 of the 2500 killed had no link to drugs. However, while giving the opinion that orders to kill came from the top, the panel failed to establish sufficient evidence to charge Thaksin directly with the murders.%5B42%5D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/575721-thailand-drug-war-death-to-go-to-the-hague/

BANGKOK: -- A network of police-brutality victims yesterday requested help from the Democrat Party in filing complaints with the International Criminal Court over the death of a teenage boy at the hands of Kalasin-based police during the first Thaksin Shinawatra government's "war on drugs".

A Thai court recently convicted the officers of killing 17-year-old Kiattisak Thitbunkhrong in 2004.

The network's Phikul Phormjan said more than 300 unidentified bodies had been found along the Thai-Cambodian border, and that a number of them were believed to be members of the Lahu hilltribe. It is believed they might be victims of police brutality during the Thaksin's notorious crackdown on suspected drug dealers.

• Like 1

'... He called on Mallika Boonmeetrakul, the deputy spokesperson, to produce evidence to substantiate the charge and filed a complaint with police ...' Just like the 'evidence' of Suthep's land buying with donations, of the monk's owning land, etc? All possible, but as is common with Thai politicians, the PTP throws accusations around like confetti, and always with the assurance that they have the evidence, and will produce it in due course. But, of course, they never do.

• Like 1

Talks with that Snake will be pointless, she will just lie through her teeth, say she doesn't know about that subject and insist Suthep 'waits for the proper time'

Suthep is right to stand strong against this Champion of Corruption... the sooner the NACC lay charges against her the better

Unless you have some kind of evidence that nobody else has seen with Suteb firing a gun at red shirts, HE DIDN'T MURDER ANYONE. Get that through your brainwashed sheeple heads ! There were violent riots, at least 30 dead already before the troops were sent in, many of them murdered soldiers. Protestors had lots of weapons and had been whipped up into a frenzy by the terrorist 'leaders' ( who were made MPs as their reward for inciting violence - this is where much of the Taksin hate ( including mine ) comes from ) not to mention red tv and magazines crying out 'kill the aristocrats, destroy them'. What did you expect ? Soldiers came, terrorists attacked them, some of them paid with their lives in the name of Taksin. Boo hoo.

Suteb should be applauded for having the temerity to stand as a front man against a regime that is so well known for its violence against those who voice opinions about it. When PT ( Taksin ) tried to brand him and Abisit as murderers to try and force them to agree to the amnesty bill, good on them for saying no. Since the government made the first move against Suteb, they deserve his hatred against them. It's all political games and he is playing very well. Good on you Gamnan Suteb, I hope you will succeed in toppling the evil regime.

• Like 1

As i said before, Sharon...

Suthep is right to stand strong against this Champion of Corruption... the sooner the NACC lay charges against her the better...

... but looking at the latest from the EC, they say they will hold the elections in the failed districts towards the end of April (27th?) - but isn't "D-Day" for Yingluck as caretaker the 1st April?

Have you ever tried to save someone drowning in the sea/pool? They try and drag you down with them in their panic... who's going down with YL i wonder?

First of all, who is Sharon?

Assuming you mean me, my name is SHANNON. Not Sharon.

Second, Yingluck will lose caretaker status on April 1, you are correct. In that case, as stated in Article 3 of the Constitution, the sovereign power temporarily entrusted to the government via the electoral process will be handed back to the people. And since a country cannot function without a government, a new prime minister can be appointed to form an interim government via Article 7 of the Constitution. The president of the Senate will forward the name of the candidate to serve as Thailand's next prime minister to His Majesty the King for royal endorsement.

The president of the Senate is Mr. Nikom Wairatpanij:

http://www.thai-senate.com/in/english/former_president_id.php?id_data=125

Mr. Nikom Wairatpanij has close ties with the Puea Thai party.

So whatever ship you think is sinking on April 1, it's not the Puea Thai ship, so you might be on the wrong ship.

Well isn't that just typical, the red sheeple is confident that her side will not lose because one of her side is in charge of the senate. So you are corrupt like the criminals you follow with such blind faith. You are part of the problem. Reform is the solution.

Whilst he may have the power to nominate one of Taksin's cronies, I am sure he can't appoint ( correct me if I am wrong ). I believe people must be nominated and the senate must vote before it goes to the king ? Since the ssenate is heavily Taksin biased, no doubt they will win sadly. However, the amnesty bill should have come back and died by then with a bit of luck so that is a victory in itself.

Talks are the best way to go. But the current government has never been interested in this. Or these problems would have been resolved years ago. It takes 2 to tango. Not just one. Give and take is required.

And what pray tell does Suhtep give up, dreams of being a dictator?

Please show a link to a media article where he states he wants to be a dictator. Every article I've read is his desire to get out of politics.

http://www.peoplesreview.com.np/index.php/articles/view-point/item/501-brinkmanship-the-thai-political-crisis

He vowed that after the reforms were in place, he would retire from politics.

Like the promise that he would not block the election process? Granted PT is filled with ministers whom speak with empty words but this man has been deemed a liability even by the Democrats. Falling for the ramblings of a man with undemocratic ideas who is on his way out of the lime light shows that some people do anything what they believe to save face, when it's obviously doing the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by maxme

Talks is the only way to resolve problems in a normal society. Violence and and anarchy are not the way.

Pheu Thai Party rejects Thaksin overture for talks with protesters

Do you even understand what you are quoting? Apparently English is not your first language.

Yingluck has repeatedly offered talks with Suthep.

Ms. Yingluck "let's talk', Pheu Thai accuse them of terrorism, Ms. Yingluck "i'll do what the people want", DSI charge them with revolution, Ms. Yingluck "the law doesn't allow me', Pheu Thai "lock them up", etc., etc. Ms Yingluck the seemingly voice of reason to foreigners and Pheu Thai cabinet and MPs and DSI, CAPO, CMPO as hatchetmen.

BTW the topic title was a bit misleading, actually we only have a rejected report that Thaksin the golf caddy urged to talk.

• Like 1

If we look at the as yet unconfirmed statistics regarding the recent election fiasco it is plain to see that the NO vote ratio demonstrated very clearly just what the electorate think of the P.T.P. puppet M.P.s and the Shinwatra clan.

Now we can see and understand Thaksin's motives in suggesting talks. He (Thaksin) is hoping to broker an agreement that willlet him retain his money or rather the money he has ''in trust'' for the Thai people and of course to ensure that he, Thaksin can still get his dirty little fingers into the mixing bowl of political power and corruption so beloved by him and his followers.

The amusing part or rather the tragic part is that those ardent supporters of the Thaksin Shinwatra clan and their hoped for victory are in reality either blind and deaf or delusional romantics incapable of actually discerning, nay understanding the truth behind the facade of geniality being projected for these talks to be held.

The fact of the matter is that is nothing more than a move to preserve the system of the Shinwatra clan claiming first, second, third shares and then the gleanings from the floor of all that belongs to Thailand and its peoples.

The Shinwatra clan motto reads thus. ''What is ours is ours. What is yours is ours and what is the nations will also be ours.

Thief-Whats-Yours-is-Mine-Header.png

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Thaksin, the fugitive from justice has not yet been charged with murdering Thais during the failed drugs war, or with the murders of Southern Thais at Krue Sae and Tak Bai.....

The protesters only have dirty tricks. Couldn't trust them as far as I could kick them.

Let the ballot box do the talking.

Is the ballot box OK if you force people to vote for your party: Tricks include:::

1. Setting up Red villages and districts to exert psychological pressure on all inhabitants to vote for your party;

2. Denying residents access to village facilities (such as loans) if you don't vote for the Thaksin party

3. Rounding some people up at gunpoint (rare but it has happened) to make sure they vote for the reds

4. Systematically destroying the main opposition's campaign posters, in particular tearing out the face of Abhisit or the candidate to make it look spook and frighten people

5. Offer uncosted policies such as a) Rice Scheme; B) Free tablets for kids and c) tax breaks on new cars that are more akin to bribes than policies that will benefit the country as a whole

6. Refuse to give fair and equal coverage of all parties on national tv (which is where most people get their information from)

7. Have a lame duck Prime Minister who takes her orders from a sociopathic criminal who is too scared to come back to his own country

We could go on Moonao. The dirty tricks are with the self-exiled Autocrat (not democrat) currently living in Dubai. At least Abhisit and others you dislike so much have not fled the country.

I rather suspect that you have a hidden agenda or an ideology that does not let you see the real situation with any clarity. There are no visible dirty tricks amongst the 'protesters' that I have seen and if there are you may wish to eli ghten me and your fellow TV posters!

As i said before, Sharon...

Suthep is right to stand strong against this Champion of Corruption... the sooner the NACC lay charges against her the better...

... but looking at the latest from the EC, they say they will hold the elections in the failed districts towards the end of April (27th?) - but isn't "D-Day" for Yingluck as caretaker the 1st April?

Have you ever tried to save someone drowning in the sea/pool? They try and drag you down with them in their panic... who's going down with YL i wonder?

First of all, who is Sharon?

Assuming you mean me, my name is SHANNON. Not Sharon.

Second, Yingluck will lose caretaker status on April 1, you are correct. In that case, as stated in Article 3 of the Constitution, the sovereign power temporarily entrusted to the government via the electoral process will be handed back to the people. And since a country cannot function without a government, a new prime minister can be appointed to form an interim government via Article 7 of the Constitution. The president of the Senate will forward the name of the candidate to serve as Thailand's next prime minister to His Majesty the King for royal endorsement.

The president of the Senate is Mr. Nikom Wairatpanij:

http://www.thai-senate.com/in/english/former_president_id.php?id_data=125

Mr. Nikom Wairatpanij has close ties with the Puea Thai party.

So whatever ship you think is sinking on April 1, it's not the Puea Thai ship, so you might be on the wrong ship.

Well isn't that just typical, the red sheeple is confident that her side will not lose because one of her side is in charge of the senate. So you are corrupt like the criminals you follow with such blind faith. You are part of the problem. Reform is the solution.

Whilst he may have the power to nominate one of Taksin's cronies, I am sure he can't appoint ( correct me if I am wrong ). I believe people must be nominated and the senate must vote before it goes to the king ? Since the ssenate is heavily Taksin biased, no doubt they will win sadly. However, the amnesty bill should have come back and died by then with a bit of luck so that is a victory in itself.

Mr Thaksin, the great upholder of democracy, paid senators (90 of them) circa 100000 baht a month each in order to buy their votes. I don't know what the current situation is but off course when PTP can extend corruption to this level, who knows?

Normal thinking people know this will fall over.You would have ever pollie in the world in the dock otherwise.

Bearboxer wrote:

(text bolded by me)

Look here:

Thaksin speaks and we all believe,gimme a break.He is a proven lying toad so why speak the truth now.If his lips moves it's lies and spin.This man has no redeeming features and it is only corruptly gained money that gives him power which he doles out to underlings.Thailand will only be a better place when he and his family are banned from politics forever.A middle way must be found for a few years until things settle down.All i can think of is non elected beaurocrats backed by the Army..

How likely is he to be found guilty bearing in mind that all the deaths so far investigated were said to be by the army who strangely aren't being investigated?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1