A quick question about "renewing" my Thai retirement visa.

You only have tomorrow to do your extension. Friday is a holiday.

They might not charge overstay if you do it on Monday since it expired on a holiday weekend. But you will need to be sure you have all the required documents needed.

• Like 1

No!

That said, it's not clear what you actually have in your passport.

The grace period is for only reporting your ADDRESS for the 90 day reports.

I see the 15th is a Saturday.

You might be able to deal with this on the next Monday, not sure, most wouldn't want to be on thin ice like that.

Good save thanks. jingthing. I will get out first thing tomorrow. I want to be first few in que. (Seriously.) What is a good time in your opinion? Also do they take only cash or is MasterCard or Visa good?

I can't speak to tactics, except for Jomtien. I have found at Jomtien arriving later in the afternoon always works for me ... like 2:30 or 3:00. That clearly would not work in all offices or even when Jomtien is super busy. So sorry, I punt on that.

Bring CASH!

• Like 1

They might not charge overstay if you do it on Monday since it expired on a holiday weekend. But you will need to be sure you have all the required documents needed.

What are these documents? I have recent letter of proof of income over 65,000 baht a month notarized by US consulate. I have current lease. Passport of course. Pictures can be gotten there. Is there anything else? thx ubonjoe. Tomorrow is the goal for sure.

I can't speak to tactics, except for Jomtien. I have found at Jomtien arriving later in the afternoon always works for me ... like 2:30 or 3:00. That clearly would not work in all offices or even when Jomtien is super busy. So sorry, I punt on that.

Bring CASH!

I need to do it the sure and hard way. Get up early and camp out two hours (is that excessive?) before opening. I will be using CM immigration. What time do they open. Do anyone knows?

It's obvious i can't play around with this.

I don't know about your immigration office, but mine asked for a letter from my government to say I was receiving a pension -- that is as well as the embassy letter of confirmation. Also - take copies of everything, take photos, take the bank statements and any other tax certificates, etc that show your pension income. If you get there and you're missing something, you will need to negotiate a return on Monday without penalty. Be Prepared ;) Good luck :)

What are these documents? I have recent letter of proof of income over 65,000 baht a month notarized by US consulate. I have current lease. Passport of course. Pictures can be gotten there. Is there anything else? thx ubonjoe. Tomorrow is the goal for sure.

Sorry cant copy and post so it's in long hand.

Non-Immigrant visa type 0.

Over fifty.

not permitted to enter Thailand.

Evidence of income 65,000bt a month or 800,00k in Thai bank.

Form TM.7 can get that there.

Copy of passport (Data page, Visa page, arrival stamp page TM.6)

1 2" passport photo for visa and another if you want an exit visa.

1.900bt CASH 1,000 for exit visa single, Multi 3,800bt.

If monies in Thai bank a letter not more than 7 day's old from same, and your pass book made up on the DAY you request your visa.

For income from abroad letter from your consulate or embassy confirming all monies not more that 30 day's old.

Address confirmation.

N/B all copy's must be on a separate page.

Hope this help's.

Info as of today as just done mine.

• Like 1

It might be worth your while bearing in mind for the future that extensions of stay can be applied for up to 30 days before the existing extension expires. Indeed some offices allow this up to 45 days in advance, but I am not sure whether these include CM.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

It might be worth your while bearing in mind for the future that extensions of stay can be applied for up to 30 days before the existing extension expires. Indeed some offices allow this up to 45 days in advance, but I am not sure whether these include CM.

Was told today that all office's now conform to he 30 day before quota but TIT so who knows.

Bring CASH!

I need to do it the sure and hard way. Get up early and camp out two hours (is that excessive?) before opening. I will be using CM immigration. What time do they open. Do anyone knows?

It's obvious i can't play around with this.

Doors open at 8:00 for queue numbers and desks start operating at 8:30. And yes, Chiang Mai immigration, if you don't have a queue card, do arrive no later than 7:00AM. Especially since it is a long weekend.

• Like 1

Over fifty.

If monies in Thai bank a letter not more than 7 day's old from same, and your pass book made up on the DAY you request your visa.

For income from abroad letter from your consulate or embassy confirming all monies not more that 30 day's old.

Address confirmation.

Hope this help's.

"Non-Immigrant visa type 0.

Over fifty.

not permitted to enter Thailand."

The O/P said he was "renewing," so presumably he has an extension of stay since you can't renew a visa. He would need a photocopy of the Non-O visa he used to enter the country along with other photocopies, but if he's on an extension, the visa is no longer valid.

What does "not permitted to enter Thailand" mean?

"1 2" passport photo for visa and another if you want an exit visa.

1.900bt CASH 1,000 for exit visa single, Multi 3,800bt."

He wouldn't be getting a visa or an "exit visa."

He would be getting an extension of stay and, he might want to get a re-entry permit. You don't need anything to exit and in order to re-enter, he'd need a re-entry permit.

Edited by Suradit69

They will probably want to see evidence of foreign income and/or your money in the bank. The letter from the embassy alone is not enough.

I got my retirement visa here in Thailand last year. The letter was enough. But just in case i will bring the same letters of proof i brought to my consulate to optain the letter.

Edited by DeeMockMark

Over fifty.

Address confirmation.

Hope this help's.

thx. I have. No problem.

Bring CASH!

I don't think the afternoon would work right now. I was down there last week in the afternoon and they were turning people away - it was crazy busy.

Fortunately no one was waiting to report, so I was out of there in a few minutes.

To the OP: Queuing up early in the morning, about 60 minutes before opening time may get you in the door first or at least pretty close to first.

They will probably want to see evidence of foreign income and/or your money in the bank. The letter from the embassy alone is not enough.

That only applies at few immigration offices. Most accept them with no back up proof.

You never need to prove money in the bank if you have a income document. Back up can be a bank book showing funds being transferred in from outside the country.

according to guidance notes from Immigration, a doctor's health certificate is also required.

A medical certificate is not required according to police order 777/2551.

I don know where you got the guidance notes but they are wrong.

Mischief managed. Qued up at 7:30 was finished by 10:30. Was 12th in line line over all. And 7th in line for Visas grouped with my type. Needed only to bring money, passport, and (in my case) proof of +65,000 BHT monthy income letter from my consulate. Everything else can be gotten there. Thx for the great info!

I wouldn't take a chance. I know they are giving grace periods on check ins now, but I'd get it done on time.

They are not giving any grace period for extensions of stay.

Only for 90 day reports is 7 days late reporting allowed.