Satis Sehgal’s deportation proposal rejected

Lite Beer

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought this was ever going to happen..

Right or wrong, its opened a huge can of worms for the future. There will be plenty of nutjob falangs willing to.protest.

Should be fun

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Don´t you understand this guy has been here 50 yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars. Immigration committee doesn´t see him as foreigner.

• Like 1

Right or wrong, its opened a huge can of worms for the future. There will be plenty of nutjob falangs willing to.protest.

Should be fun

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Don´t you understand this guy has been here 50 yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars. Immigration committee doesn´t see him as foreigner.

No, they say that what he said didn't threaten the country.

I was there for 18 years. But I see the world from other side. I love the king too...so I guess I would have been free to speak up.

Therefore, if you don't say anything that threatens the county, please speak up. I support the poor and the farmers to be protected from.government sponsored monopoly.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Should be fun

The point about the decision is that it was his speeches they were using as evidence but the speeches were focusing on his support for, and loyalty to, His Majesty The King - for the Immigration Committee to use such a speech as grounds for deportation would have been an incredible insult to our monarchy - and totally wrong!

• Like 2

Should be fun

The point about the decision is that it was his speeches they were using as evidence but the speeches were focusing on his support for, and loyalty to, His Majesty The King - for the Immigration Committee to use such a speech as grounds for deportation would have been an incredible insult to our monarchy - and totally wrong!

Lets not get all teary eyed and over dramatically nationalistic about it. For now hes off the hook and hes going to be keeping his mouth shut a lot more in the future i expect. Maybe lesson learnt, thats a good thing and win win for Thailand overall.

I'm inclined to NOT think of this particular decision as any kind of precedent, but rather, likely an exception.

If it was you or I hauled before this committee, meaning ordinary folk, we likely would have been booted out without enough time for even a restroom visit.

It kind of makes me wonder, how many deportation proposals from the government has this particular committee considered and rejected before? I wouldn't think the percentage of rejected cases would be very large at all.

• Like 2

I'm inclined to NOT think of this particular decision as any kind of precedent, but rather, likely an exception.

If it was you or I hauled before this committee, meaning ordinary folk, we likely would have been booted out without enough time for even a restroom visit.

It kind of makes me wonder, how many deportation proposals from the government has this particular committee considered and rejected before? I wouldn't think the percentage of rejected cases would be very large at all.

Depends how ordinary you think you might be.....I take this to be that if all you do is speak out against bad things in thailand and profess to be speaking from a point of loving Thailand, its ok.

I hate corruption too. Or does it come down to loving Thailand more than someone else. Then the law really is an ass.

I think it comes down to saying the right thing. I think the rich and powerful rape the country blind.. Not sure that message would go.down too well.

Edited by Thai at Heart

I would not recommend to other farangs to join the protests not all of them have such support behind them and much money. If he'd be a poor ordinary farang he'd be long gone to jail and be deported. This only shows that in Thailand it really matters how much money u have .

• Like 1

I totally agree that this indian guy should not be deported.

That would be far too lenient.

Same as all the other leaders of these criminal protests aimed at overthrowing democracy, he should be thrown in jail.

Let the police compile more evidence of his crimes and arrest him !

1911917_1479271255633632_1166268290_n.jp

10747_1478014875759270_1533161933_n.jpg

Your a muppet!

• Like 2

It depends. You are right in the sense that it was exceptional but that partly has to do with the fact that he had PR and the consideration process differ.

Politics was involved to be sure, but it is also worth remembering that government process is very specific. As often does, even in non politicised circumstances, government can propose something only to have the civil service either reject the form of the proposal or the proposal all together. It may surprise many, but in government rules are rules. Some let things bend, but plenty don't. Others use rules to prevent progress as well.

• Like 2

Congratulations for the time being Mr Satish while Chalerm & Tarit plan their next move.. thumbsup.gif alt=thumbsup.gif>

If their next move is anything like any of their previous moves, I think Mr Satish will not have any problem sleeping at night...

Chalerm & Tarit - the Thai version of the Chuckle Brothers smile.png

Or perhaps, given their current/former occupations, the Keystone Cops ? whistling.gif

It just shows the level of understanding of the laws that these so called politicians and public officers have.

They are a spiteful lot with the intelligence of split peas....making decisions regarding peoples future and well being, based on their warped ideas of law.....if it doesn't suit their ideals, then attack!

A bunch of fakes, thieves and thugs!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I see Suthep and his lunatics opened up this government office so his friend can be cleared. Now if he would show the same respect to every other Thai person and open up the other government offices so ordinary people can receive a little service. Don't just look after your rich and powerful friends Suthep, this is one of the things you are protesting about.

• Like 1

It has been reported (BKK Post) that the DSI only used a portfolio of newspaper clippings to present evidence to support the governments case. Further review of the case is on hold until DSI presents more pertinent evidence.

Edited by simple1

Should be fun

Lets not get all teary eyed and over dramatically nationalistic about it. For now hes off the hook and hes going to be keeping his mouth shut a lot more in the future i expect. Maybe lesson learnt, thats a good thing and win win for Thailand overall.

Does your spin know no bounds...?

• Like 1

Should be fun

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

No they see him as a mate with a thick wallet.thumbsup.gif

Edited by chooka

I totally agree that this indian guy should not be deported.

That would be far too lenient.

Same as all the other leaders of these criminal protests aimed at overthrowing democracy, he should be thrown in jail.

Let the police compile more evidence of his crimes and arrest him !

I love your proposal, that the BiBs "compile more evidence of his crimes and arrest him", but wouldn't this distract them from their regular duties & activities ?

Not-guarding polling-stations, ensuring that rice-warehouses don't burst-into-flames while uninsured, boosting sales of safety-helmets for motor-cyclists, and so-on ? whistling.gif

Should be fun

So let them, the world won't end.

It might not end, but I have a feeling that if they did get involved they could end up.putting some very well.reasoned arguments that neither sides might like.

• Like 1

The brains (or more correctly, lack thereof) behind this appointed group is a shining example of how this government, thinks, acts, and approaches any disagreement to their goal of self enrichment.

The majority of those who make up of this government would be hard pressed to pass muster for laterine orderly, much less use their University degree paper to show their qualifications to handle the day to day operation of a 'night honey wagon', much less a national government.

There apparently is no law against being incompentant, but there are methods that societies have reverted back to for years, to rid themselves of reconigized mistakes, which have been made. When the drowning person is going down for the third time, it may not be prudent to have a election/vote to see who will rescue that individual.

Not surprising but the can of worms is growing. It is amazing that the so called Immigration Commission has more power than the CMPO. But at least the commission members got a fair share of Mr. Sehgal's "donation.

The right decision was made. Good to see the Suthep fan club making their usual childish comments about Chalerm. . . . I havent laughed so much since the last time they made the same belly splitting remarks. I cant wait for the next time they post them cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif