New UK passport application -what docs are needed

I only have one page left on my passport, its enough for the 90 day report stamp I need to do in April this year but I want to get the new one now and get this out of the way. There's still 4 years left on it so no worries about expiry dates.

I have been told it is now done via post and that they are quite strict about proof of residence documents, I do not have a Thai driving license nor do I work here and apparently Ive heard that others had utility bills rejected. What can I do?

Im currently studying on an ED visa so would docs from my place of study do?

Have you gone to this website and gone through the steps to get to the documents required page? https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

One option to prove residence would be to get a residence certificate from immigration and have it translated to English. Whether you can get it from immigration will depend upon the immigration office that you are using.

Yes I read that, most of those things in the list I dont have and/or cant get, only thing I can think of is some document from the school I go to. Someone I know just went through this when his passport and time left on his visa was very soon running out and they emailed him to say it had been rejected due to not having the right documents even though he sent a letter from his place of work and they only approved it after he spoke to them on the phone and basically said he his status in Thailand would be expired and he would be illegally overstaying soon due to them not issuing a new passport and they then approved it :/

This makes me a little worried!