Kamnans slam PDRC

webfact

Kamnans slam PDRC
The Nation

30226836-01_big.gif

BANGKOK: -- About 1,000 village headmen and kamnans gathered near the Interior Ministry yesterday and announced an ultimatum to the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) to end the blockade of the Interior Ministry within seven days.

The group, which held a meeting of representatives nationwide on Tuesday and Wednesday, also announced its opposition to the proposed system of elected governors made by the PDRC. It said the move would make the role of village headman and kamnan or sub-district chief redundant. It said there is already a system of elected city administrators in place in all provinces.

The group also said Suthep should stop using his former position as a kamnan for political gain.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-14

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to know if and what the translation abrogated...in my village the Kanman (pooyai) is elected.. whomever the candidates are usually come by the house for a chat with my wife.. there is an elected governor as well for the Jungwat so not sure if what PDRC proposed ( if indeed Suthep did) was to insert another layer of bureaucracy or what.. but I applaud them for standing up against holding the Interior Ministry Hostage and agree the poster boy image of Suthep is a bit worn... and wonder why he hasn't spent more time and billions on helping the Southern problem and show true leadership and humanity...but that's off topic and begs a rant on another post on another day...wai2.gif

The problem here is that the words ' election ' and ' elected ' and related words are very, very flexible.

• Like 2

understood... here my wife actually goes to a poll site and ticks the box of her choice..and places the ballot in the box etc.so it is pretty clear that follows some sort of expected electoral process and has been that way since '03... since we've been married but i can't speak for other regions or other practices...nothing of course here is consistent...but the point I was making is that even these relatively "grass roots" individuals are tired of Suthep inserting himself everywhere... the delay and distract and attempt to confuse tactic ( my opinion) by trying to stir every possible pot... maybe starting to backfire on him a bit... I think people are weary of the name Suthep now...

• Like 1

understood... here my wife actually goes to a poll site and ticks the box of her choice..and places the ballot in the box etc.so it is pretty clear that follows some sort of expected electoral process and has been that way since '03... since we've been married but i can't speak for other regions or other practices...nothing of course here is consistent...but the point I was making is that even these relatively "grass roots" individuals are tired of Suthep inserting himself everywhere... the delay and distract and attempt to confuse tactic ( my opinion) by trying to stir every possible pot... maybe starting to backfire on him a bit... I think people are weary of the name Suthep now...

and who regulates these elections - the people that get the most votes whistling.gif

It said the move would make the role of village headman and kamnan or sub-district chief redundant

Probably means their kickbacks and commissions are in jeopardy. Why on earth do you need these hangers on anyway?

I second that.

• Like 2

This village chiefs been assigned the regional budget from the state budget.
Hopefully reforms are made, so that every villager can see how much money these village chiefs get in there fingers
and for what the state money was used (with receipts)!

In fashion are precisely the beautiful gold rings set with diamonds.
Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

and who regulates these elections - the people that get the most votes 19x18xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.RBppOEA width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

Well I cannot speak to your village.. but here... there is change from time to time...different people winning the polls and end up being the leaders...etc... the ones that come out and speak to the people and then address the needs...like fixing the roads... keeping the khlongs clean and debris free and running, keeping trees and jungle on jungwat land adjacent fire safe/ vision safe... and actually paying attention to the village concerns... mostly here we have small to medium land owners/farmers that still actually do their own farming etc.. and not too many corporate farms... not sure it is fair to throw a blanket over all villages and automatically assume what ever you are assuming.... here it's more like a round robin and they take turns leading... not yet so jaded as in other places

Edited by DirtFarmer
  • Like 1

The people are just now understanding what Suthep is doing to this country.

Suthep wants governors elected like it's done in BKK and not anymore handpicked by the interior minister.

Please explain what people understand. I bet you can't and therefor you are just a troll.

In a truely democratic country the provincial and village leaders are electedd. This is the way it should be in Thailand, Kamnans and village leaders by appointment should be done away with and they should all be elected ... wait that would be democratic

Well DirtBox Farmer.. obviously you live out in the sticks... try living in Bangkok and you will realise that Suthep is a Hero... it was the hard working tax-payers that lost all that hard earned cash that Yinluck and her devils stole from Thailand.. people out in the sticks never pay tax... ask your wife to show you all her tax payment certificates... none.. what right do non-taxpayers have to go to a poll site and tick the box...none.. shame on you...

heads of village are notorious for being corrupt and letting all kinds of weird and odd shit slide, who cares about their opinion?

Have you experienced that yourself and would you mind sharing some of your personal experiences? I have known several Village Heads and they seem to be handling only small matters. A Kamnan is not a village head by the way and are in charge of the Tambon (District). A village head looks after the people in the village, making his daily announcement on the speakers in the arly morning and often around 6pm and from my experience they do a good job. In our village which is red shirt somehow we have someone who is a Christian, don't like the red politics and doesn't even go a Wat and our villagers voted for him because he is the best guy for the job.

• Like 1