CMPO set to retake sites by Feb 19

webfact

PNPOL570217001000801_17022014_051026.png

BANGKOK, 17 February 2014 (NNT) - The Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) is set to reclaim all targeted government offices by February 19.

Metropolitan Police commander Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrachang has been instructed by the CMPO to reclaim the Government House, the Interior Ministry, the Energy Ministry and Ratchadamnoen Road. These sites are expected to be re-opened by the end of this week at the latest.

Other sites set to be reclaimed include the Government Complex, Chaeng Wattana Road and Democracy Monument.

Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit has insisted that police will not use force to disperse protesters and all operations will be in line with international standards.

Police plan to apprehend anti-government protest leaders wanted by authorities as soon as possible. Investigations over the group’s acts of public disturbance and insurrection will also be sped up.

Police have confirmed that their operations are transparent and there will be no night-time operation to clear away protesters.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-17 footer_n.gif

BANGKOK, 17 February 2014 (NNT) - The Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) is set to reclaim all targeted government offices by February 19.

Metropolitan Police commander Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrachang has been instructed by the CMPO to reclaim the Government House, the Interior Ministry, the Energy Ministry and Ratchadamnoen Road. These sites are expected to be re-opened by the end of this week at the latest.

Other sites set to be reclaimed include the Government Complex, Chaeng Wattana Road and Democracy Monument.

Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit has insisted that police will not use force to disperse protesters and all operations will be in line with international standards.

Police plan to apprehend anti-government protest leaders wanted by authorities as soon as possible. Investigations over the group’s acts of public disturbance and insurrection will also be sped up.

Police have confirmed that their operations are transparent and there will be no night-time operation to clear away protesters.

nntlogo.jpg

And the protesters will probably be back feb 20

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

nntlogo.jpg

And the protesters will probably be back feb 20

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

How many more of the laughable "threats" by CMPO and Chalerm the Charming do we have to listen to before someone finally grows, or finds, a pair and they actually do something? What's so hard about 1 site at a time, bring in water canons, rubber bullets and tear gas. Clear that one, move on to the next.

Hey, napalm's good too.thumbsup.gif

He is not going to risk his career given that this government has little chance on lasting much longer.

• Like 1

How many more of the laughable "threats" by CMPO and Chalerm the Charming do we have to listen to before someone finally grows, or finds, a pair and they actually do something? What's so hard about 1 site at a time, bring in water canons, rubber bullets and tear gas. Clear that one, move on to the next.

Hearts and minds.

longer it last, the more people think like you. inc many in army!!!!

be hard for PDRC to claim they have been oppressed after all this won't it

Riiiiight! Wasn't it supposed to be last weekend? Come on, stop making promises you can't keep, you'll just up with more egg in your face.

I'm surprised it isn't Chalerm making this empty threat. clap2.gif

probably, recovering from his last rant at Suthep!

How about less talk and more action. Every time you open your mouth you making a fool of yourself. Just do it.

Is there dissent in the red corner? are we losing patience with our party leaders. Careful Tarrit will freeze your bank account! whistling.gif

• Like 1

How about less talk and more action. Every time you open your mouth you making a fool of yourself. Just do it.

Is there dissent in the red corner? are we losing patience with our party leaders. Careful Tarrit will freeze your bank account! whistling.gif

Maybe not a dissent.
The police and especially the Metropolitan Police is not particularly popular in Bangkok.
You can ask for example every food cart vendor how much bribes they must pay to sell there stuff.

It is hard for them. To scroll through the Khao San Road, there are 300-400baht due.

Also ask the taxi divers, motorcycle taxi drivers and the motorcycle transport drivers, what the think about the police.
And this people are mostly from isaan.

In any other country you'd expect this then to actually happen. Or, if not, there'd be widespread criticism of failing to meet the objective the day after deadline. I find it fascinating how, in Thailand, officials can just keep making these sort of statements and setting all sorts of deadlines, and then they have already forgotten about them before they even pass. For all I know, on the 19th, we'll see police inviting the protesters onto government property and hugging and flower exchanges, followed by a joint som tam eating party or so. And after that nothing changes. It is truly an amazing country isn't it?

Maybe not a dissent.
The police and especially the Metropolitan Police is not particularly popular in Bangkok.
You can ask for example every food cart vendor how much bribes they must pay to sell there stuff.

It is hard for them. To scroll through the Khao San Road, there are 300-400baht due.

Also ask the taxi divers, motorcycle taxi drivers and the motorcycle transport drivers, what the think about the police.

Can I suggest you re read my comment in relation to that of red snake, and maybe you might get it! A hint; maybe considered humour, if you knew the stance the snake takes in red v yellow!

Suthep has already won, he has out-maneuvered the government at every turn. They have nowhere to turn but the use of force. The Thai people have seen what a useless, crooked money grubbing bunch they put in power. Fortunately, the ACC will be putting an end to PTP shortly. That wily old fox has done what nobody thought was possible, he deserves a medal.

• Like 1

Is there dissent in the red corner? are we losing patience with our party leaders. Careful Tarrit will freeze your bank account! xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.RBppOEA-hT.w alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

Maybe not a dissent.

Can I suggest you re read my comment in relation to that of red snake, and maybe you might get it! A hint; maybe considered humour, if you knew the stance the snake takes in red v yellow!

You don't know a dam_n thing about me. I don't kiss Suthep butt nor do I kiss the government butt. I do what is best for me and how I think. And, I think the Suthep is destroying the life of the common person for his own glory. People who have business with the government can not do business. People are threatening with harm if they go to work, Thais are having problem getting land purchases, simple acts as of passport or drive to work without the road being blocked. You can protest but not block the rights of others. As for the farmers they are too stupid to understand Suthep is the one who cause the mess for them with the stupid rice scheme. Suthep talks from both sides of his mouth in a Hilter style. Yes I hate that man and wish the worst for him. I would also like to see a fair selected group of people run the country until elections can be held. But not the Demo or Suthep involved at all. But the most important thing is everyone has rights and don't block my rights because you don't like something, I may get upset and grab a M79 and blow your ass away. This is where the violence is coming from at night, not the Reds like you want to think, it's the people on the streets. Wish up ggold and stop kissing Suthep butt all the time.

Is there dissent in the red corner? are we losing patience with our party leaders. Careful Tarrit will freeze your bank account! xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.RBppOEA-hT.w alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

Maybe not a dissent.

You don't know a dam_n thing about me. I don't kiss Suthep butt nor do I kiss the government butt. I do what is best for me and how I think. And, I think the Suthep is destroying the life of the common person for his own glory. People who have business with the government can not do business. People are threatening with harm if they go to work, Thais are having problem getting land purchases, simple acts as of passport or drive to work without the road being blocked. You can protest but not block the rights of others. As for the farmers they are too stupid to understand Suthep is the one who cause the mess for them with the stupid rice scheme. Suthep talks from both sides of his mouth in a Hilter style. Yes I hate that man and wish the worst for him. I would also like to see a fair selected group of people run the country until elections can be held. But not the Demo or Suthep involved at all. But the most important thing is everyone has rights and don't block my rights because you don't like something, I may get upset and grab a M79 and blow your ass away. This is where the violence is coming from at night, not the Reds like you want to think, it's the people on the streets. Wish up ggold and stop kissing Suthep butt all the time.

bullshit

Maybe not a dissent.

I understand your humorous posting.
Interesting is the impatience / dissatisfaction of some here, who want that the police really lash out.

But the police have little popular support.

Also, not from Isaan people which live in Bangkok.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1