Thai policeman shot dead in protest clashes in Bangkok

webfact

Yellow criminals showing their true (deadly) color...

It's time to suppress Suthep and his mad following dogs before more innocent people get hurt mad.gif

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No I don't like this. I HATE this. My wife's family, poor country farmers, are in Bangkok backing Suthep. Why? Because they are intelligent enough to understand the damage that the fascist autocrat and convicted criminal fugitive Thaksin and his family are doing to this country. They re not elite. They are good people who understand far more than some of the ultra-right wing farangs that post here in support of the reds. Go for it Suthep.

Amazing thailand!

Your wife's family are protesting to have their rights taken away with the removal of democracy and you accuse those farang ( very few of the thais posting on here) of being ultra right wing?

All i see here is a repeat of 2006 and 2008. The succession and who can get his nose in the trough.

If there is a military coup and civil war follows (may have started today) you can just go and congratulate your wifes relatives can't you?

• Like 2

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pookiki: I am guessing that you have been here less than 5 years if at all as you seem not to have much vested here.

As for your comment about democracy....it would be real helpful if you understood and realized that there has never been any democracy here pal.

All we little folk ask is NOT to steal too much from us!

What do you want the Thais to do....let Yingluck and Thaksin back in the government?

The money's all gone maybe she and he could ship the rest of the rice to whichever country she is going to hide after the charges of fraud and plundering are waged against her.

Is that your scenario for peace?

Yes! Let's give her another chance.

Unfortunately that is about the understanding of those that allegedly voted for her.

You just joined the crowd....the dwindling crowd.

Guess my prophecy came true didn't it? No tolerance whatsoever. Put words in my mouth. Make assumptions about me the source of which are based only on prejudice. May I ask what is your scenario for piece given the depth of the division in Thai society today? Suthep's way or the highway? Glad you have a good bark as well. :)

• Like 1

BOZ........This is my home,my king and my brothers and sisters

fight on and drive the snake out of the land.

How pathetic, you are a true product of the Thai education system. I must admit the ghost of Shakespear is hiding in your prose, you were born 500 years to late

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so......Hamlet

• Like 1

And who said the protesters don't have weapons. More lies.

Please calm down.

This is just an isolated incident.

I am sure it is just an accidental discharge.

Not the fault of the protesters.

I won't happen again.

Suthep's protesters came in peace and with no weapons.

Every violence, every human rights offense, etc., is just a "maipenlai" in Thailand, we all know, and we all "Must Respect" this sick culture! Or be "punished"!

Agreed it was just an accidental discharge, but the weapon must have been a 105 Pack Howitzer

Excuse me, but are the above posts actually made by expats living in and out of Thailand?

I have been here for over 20 years and was on the front line on the night of May 17 1992 when Thai security troops under the Suchinda government opened fire at protesters gathering at Sanam Luang.

I am so proud (then and now) to see the heart of the Thai people out on the streets farmers and all.

Expats....do your homework. Do just a little research and you will find a history of a man (Thaksin) who has been a hugely corrupt and an unscrupulous and greedy parasitic megalomaniac who will NEVER be able to steal enough money from this great country.

He is a convicted criminal who has siphoned billions upon billions of baht from the Thai people and now under his own sister has completely ruined the best quality and best producing rice industry in the world!

It is gone with Cambodia winning last years Best Jasmine rice in the world award and India and Vietnam's rice harvests both out producing Thailand.

They have ruined the country and totally divided the Thai people.

For God's sake! These poor rice farmers are the very people the Shinawatra's convinced to vote for them.

Yingluck doesn't even have the integrity or consideration to even show up to appease these poor farmers and Chalerm is running scared and half mad as he knows that if the Shinawatra Regime crashes his career and life is over and that includes his alleged murdering son.

The alleged murdering son comment is simply information taken from public domain (Google it!) and should not be omitted.

Wikipedia: Chalerm Yubamrung: In 2001 Duangchalerm was arraigned for the murder of a police officer. After deserting from the Army and fleeing to Malaysia, he returned and handed himself in. He was released from jail on bail terms in 2003, and finally acquitted as the court considered the evidence insufficient and the witnesses accounts contradictory.[

Notation: In Thailand the word contradictory is often a synonym for purchasable.

Yes, it does seem that you have to organize a band of corrupt thugs to become Prime Minister in Thailand but plundering the nations funds, ruining the country while turning Thai citizen against Thai citizen and then spitting on our King is just NOT in the cards folks.......it ain't gunna happen!

Yes, Suthep has his own allegations of a corrupt history......but which one of you would walk in his shoes today....for even a minute!

The man is and will go down historically as a super hero and servant to our King and the people of Siam......want to bet?

Stand up Khun Thai! Stand up every Thai farmer that gave their rice harvest and received nothing in return!

Fight this insanely evil piece of dung and through every generation of his family out with him as they have disgraced our King, our country and the very souls of our people.

Yes, I'm white but I'm no expat!

This is my home, my King and my brothers and sisters.

Fight on and drive the snake out of the land!

Now let's turn this over again to the usual ignorant barking dogs so they can shoot their uneducated and sorry asses off!

Nicely put, but hopefully you do realise that many millions of Thai people disagree with you.

Many millions also agree. Thaksin is a past master at manipulating the media and fighting a mis-information propaganda war. Once the majority find out or accept that the Thaksin regime continually lies and spreads false information, then it's easy for them to switch sides. I wish some of you right wing farangs could actually understand the bigger picture.

Of course we all know the thai media is biased and misreports for Thaksin?

I don't think so.

I suppose you've always got the trustworthy nation reporting and the BP?

Let's not forget that there are still 2 foreigh journalists that Suthep and the PDRC respect.

Michael Yon and that pakistani from UK, the landdestroyer fellow, Cartolucci (made up name!)

• Like 1

Excuse me, but are the above posts actually made by expats living in and out of Thailand?

I have been here for over 20 years and was on the front line on the night of May 17 1992 when Thai security troops under the Suchinda government opened fire at protesters gathering at Sanam Luang.

I am so proud (then and now) to see the heart of the Thai people out on the streets farmers and all.

Expats....do your homework. Do just a little research and you will find a history of a man (Thaksin) who has been a hugely corrupt and an unscrupulous and greedy parasitic megalomaniac who will NEVER be able to steal enough money from this great country.

He is a convicted criminal who has siphoned billions upon billions of baht from the Thai people and now under his own sister has completely ruined the best quality and best producing rice industry in the world!

It is gone with Cambodia winning last years Best Jasmine rice in the world award and India and Vietnam's rice harvests both out producing Thailand.

For God's sake! These poor rice farmers are the very people the Shinawatra's convinced to vote for them.

Yingluck doesn't even have the integrity or consideration to even show up to appease these poor farmers and Chalerm is running scared and half mad as he knows that if the Shinawatra Regime crashes his career and life is over and that includes his alleged murdering son.

The alleged murdering son comment is simply information taken from public domain (Google it!) and should not be omitted.

Wikipedia: Chalerm Yubamrung: In 2001 Duangchalerm was arraigned for the murder of a police officer. After deserting from the Army and fleeing to Malaysia, he returned and handed himself in. He was released from jail on bail terms in 2003, and finally acquitted as the court considered the evidence insufficient and the witnesses accounts contradictory.[

Notation: In Thailand the word contradictory is often a synonym for purchasable.

Yes, it does seem that you have to organize a band of corrupt thugs to become Prime Minister in Thailand but plundering the nations funds, ruining the country while turning Thai citizen against Thai citizen and then spitting on our King is just NOT in the cards folks.......it ain't gunna happen!

Yes, Suthep has his own allegations of a corrupt history......but which one of you would walk in his shoes today....for even a minute!

The man is and will go down historically as a super hero and servant to our King and the people of Siam......want to bet?

Stand up Khun Thai! Stand up every Thai farmer that gave their rice harvest and received nothing in return!

Fight this insanely evil piece of dung and through every generation of his family out with him as they have disgraced our King, our country and the very souls of our people.

Now let's turn this over again to the usual ignorant barking dogs so they can shoot their uneducated and sorry asses off!

Nicely put, but hopefully you do realise that many millions of Thai people disagree with you.

What a distortion and misrepresentation of Thai history, have you ever bothered to read about it or you just have a recording of Sutheps stupid rants,

Have you ever bothered to read Transparency International March 2013 reported findings that Yingluck government was less corrupt than Abhisit government,

-During Abhisit government unemployment increased 63%

-Thailand's government budget went into deficit for the first time since 2003

-Budget debt had reached -4.8% of the GDP , the largest budget deficit since the Chuan Leekpai government.

-Large scale fighting erupted with Cambodia leaving dozens dead,Thai military admitted using cluster munitions in that conflict.

- Largest increase in military spending in many years

-Southern Thai insurgency worsened International Human Rights groups accused Abhisit of routine and systematic torture of suspected insurgents.

- ICT increased censorship of the internet

-From 10 October to 19 November 2010 the worst floods in 50 years.

- Corruption charge over the building a hundreds of police stations around the country.

-corruption charges on building of hospital

-corruption charge over rice deal

- faces murder charges for red shirt crackdown

His wealth upon appointment to PM was 51.8 million increased to 54.4 million, Abhisit has never worked in the private sector wealth was inherited.

Documented proof that corruption was rife in the Abhisit Democrat government!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

Notice the PDCR guard mob above are in trainers. Notice also the rallying insignias, more a militia than a mob. Someone has organized those bandanas, and those flags and those uniforms, someone has drawn those logos. That's not a mob, that's organized.

Notice the shoes, the police have their regulation boots but there's another group, have been spotted around, armed to the teeth with similar clothes to the police but wearing trainers and with yellow patches on their arms. You can see the fake police at the top, and real below in this photo:

I suspect we have a bit of third hand here. Another attempt perhaps to give the army an excuse for a coup, take a look, trainers as shoes and the yellow patch on the arm. The fake police here armed to the teeth with military weapons, yet trainers?

The man on the right looks like this guy spotted as one of PDRC Laksi shooters:

I think that this man must be there leader, because he's older, appears to be central to this group.

attachicon.gifpdrc-guard-leader-possible-fake-police.jpg

The first photo in the series is slightly over 2 months old.

http://fposts.com/fbpost/412682772176554_475220612589436

I think that they are seals. On what basis are you suggesting that they are pdrc guards? Honest question.

I think they're PDRC guards, because of their location (at the white building next to democracy monument) and their PDRC insignias bands, whistles etc.. They might be seals, definitely military looking.

Where does the flags and bandanas from?

I wouldn't place a cent on your bid

Instead, I believe, the "real problem" in Thailand, are the two sides, both of them indoctrinated in their own way, each side backing up their own criminals/crimes, only weighing off each other's crimes and to accuse each other "You are the bigger criminal".

So what's the point, really? What difference does it make, who gets the run on screwing their own country?

Fact is, somewhere down the line, something went completely wrong, and the wrong is only built up and up and up - because of what I just said!.

The more I follow all these puppet and muppet shows, the more sick the whole country shines. Your cold-heartedness, your blindness, your brainless and unwillingness to get to work, instead but, keep accusing each other, break out in violence, etc., will achieve ONLY MORE hate for each other, than you're already filled up with. And if you look closely in the mirror, it's already overflowing!

And Thailand is a country with a "Buddha" shrine every 10 meters along the roads, in every house?

Dispickable - all I can say!

Get your act together, Thailand. Stop running into your temples for praying to Buddha, Buddha ONLY helps people through their own hands.

If you keep growing your hate inside - but smile outside and are violent and kill, are a sick minded person ... NOTHING you will achieve, but more misery, and more of it, still!

Go home, all of you. Watch a few videos of the Dalai Lama, to calm down and learn what he talks about "compassion" - then go, and meet and work things out. TRANSPARENT TO YOUR FOLK!

Turn yourself into "HUMAN", so you can respect humanity!

Trying to understand your post. What is 'dispickable'???????

@kikoman

You said

Well, 3 people have been killed now, one policeman and two protesters on BBC it said the police went in to take over the rally site armed with shields and batons and were met by live gun fire ,one policeman dead, 4 wounded.So the fascist started the gun fire.

You are the one that needs to wake up, someone needs to buy you a calendar, Sonny it is 2014, not 2010 you are talking about the wrong battle. those Pattaya LB have fed you the wrong line!

cheers

Me

I've just read the BBC website and it says no such thing. Where did you get that BBC line from?

Try looking at the BBC world news channel 89 on satellite TV

Edited by kikoman

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

Well martial law is imminent now and there will be more deaths. These are unarmed policeman against armed protestors. You need your head checked out. Or aren't the pics of the dead enough for you. Suthep started all this and he should be held accountable. The administration has been very reluctant to resort to violence or haven't you noticed?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

@kikoman

You said

Well, 3 people have been killed now, one policeman and two protesters on BBC it said the police went in to take over the rally site armed with shields and batons and were met by live gun fire ,one policeman dead, 4 wounded.So the fascist started the gun fire.

You are the one that needs to wake up, someone needs to buy you a calendar, Sonny it is 2014, not 2010 you are talking about the wrong battle. those Pattaya LB have fed you the wrong line!

cheers

Me

I've just read the BBC website and it says no such thing. Where did you get that BBC line from?

will do, believe me I will do.

What a distortion and misrepresentation of Thai history, have you ever bothered to read about it or you just have a recording of Sutheps stupid rants,

Have you ever bothered to read Transparency International March 2013 reported findings that Yingluck government was less corrupt than Abhisit government,

-Budget debt had reached -4.8% of the GDP , the largest budget deficit since the Chuan Leekpai government.

-Large scale fighting erupted with Cambodia leaving dozens dead,Thai military admitted using cluster munitions in that conflict.

-Southern Thai insurgency worsened International Human Rights groups accused Abhisit of routine and systematic torture of suspected insurgents.

- Corruption charge over the building a hundreds of police stations around the country.

His wealth upon appointment to PM was 51.8 million increased to 54.4 million, Abhisit has never worked in the private sector wealth was inherited.

Documented proof that corruption was rife in the Abhisit Democrat government!

Cheers

Your facts are wrong.

I just attended a TDRI hosted public forum on corruption and monopolies and the stats from Transparency International indicate a downfall from Thailand's previous rankings of 63 to 78 to 88 and currently 102.

Transparency International bases a lot of its analysis from interviews on "perception" of corruption as they are unable to actually get data on something that the government does not accurately gather up to date info on.

Pretty difficult since corruption has no receipts. I noted that the last independent research study on corruption was done over 10 years ago. Interesting thing is this "perception" is based on corruption that the common people experience, be it police checkpoint bribes, government office bribes (think land department, customs, etc). It seems the so called "perception" of corruption that exists in Thailand has been lower over the past 15 years and I agree as most common government related procedures like your ID or drivers license has been streamlined and is more efficient with less bureaucracy and thus less need for bribes. This is petty corruption.

Problem is high level corruption has increased and thus Thailand's fall in rankings.

It seems the level of "organized and systematic corruption" has increased in major ministries such as Transport, Telecommunications, Finance, Commerce and our current favorite Agriculture.

Most of the systemic levels of corruption involve concessions that allow for monopolies like the 4G bidding by the NBT, High speed railroad, and exclusive oil processing by PTT to name a few instances. On the surface it seems like a fair bidding process but in reality there is often collusion by the bidding parties.

The levels of corruption are no longer simple puddles but span oceans.

Interestingly the reason why corruption still exists on such massive levels is the lack of political will and that the mindset of the average Thai is that "corruption is okay as long as there is progress".

The light at the end of the tunnel is that this mindset is changing especially among the younger generation and private businesses.

The attempted passing of the Amnesty Bill was a trigger and the first protest response was by students as we all saw.

Now everybody is getting onboard, be it businessmen to farmers. Usually it has to hurt your own pocket before we start caring.

We obviously all know that those in power do not want to reform and seriously tackle corruption and just offer lip service.

Hopefully the mindset of Thai people will start changing and people will refuse to take vote bribes and see politicians for what they are. Self-serving maggots.

• Like 1

Yellow criminals showing their true (deadly) color...

It's time to suppress Suthep and his mad following dogs before more innocent people get hurt mad.gif

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No I don't like this. I HATE this. My wife's family, poor country farmers, are in Bangkok backing Suthep. Why? Because they are intelligent enough to understand the damage that the fascist autocrat and convicted criminal fugitive Thaksin and his family are doing to this country. They re not elite. They are good people who understand far more than some of the ultra-right wing farangs that post here in support of the reds. Go for it Suthep.

Ultra right wing farang supporting the reds? Hmm.

Suthep is to blame for this , he is a raving idiot, It is obvious that the firing is coming from the protesters, if the Police were doing the shooting Why is one dead and at least 4 or more wounded, Thai news stated 29 some were injured at noon, did not say which sides.

It is time for the rule of law to be enforced, let the army do what they may!.

You sir are a raving idiot. 3 dead now. Want more? Below is first hand information from a person on sight.

Important Update: I am sitting with a KPT leader. He says yes, they did shoot police. But he is the second person to say he personally witnessed the police throw the grenade that wounded police. The police returned and shot many of them. A French photographer named Guy showed me photos of police rifles, including a sniper rifle. The three protestors who died all were shot in the head. The Frenchman got some important photos, including police firing, and a pistol that a policeman lost while running away.

Specifically the last line

"The three protestors who died all were shot in the head"

Read again. Rifle... Police... HEAD!

Could you please post links? If not possible because of forum rules, send by PM.

The photos doing the rounds on Twitter and the video footage would suggest that the KPT leader and the mysterious "Guy" are only one side of the story.

Many millions also agree. Thaksin is a past master at manipulating the media and fighting a mis-information propaganda war. Once the majority find out or accept that the Thaksin regime continually lies and spreads false information, then it's easy for them to switch sides. I wish some of you right wing farangs could actually understand the bigger picture.

It's a shame you have to resort to silly insults, when, as you well know, right wing & left wing have nothing to do with this. You might find it difficult to believe but some farangs don't have "a side" in this matter and just wish for the majority of the Thai people's wishes to be respected and a peaceful solution to be found. I would respectfully suggest that it's those who are slavishly attached to one side or another that don't understand the bigger picture.

Too true.

The majority just want to get on with their lives and outside of the centre of bangkok that is just what they are doing.

However chaos is being orchestrated in Bangkok and as we know organised since august.

Nothing spontaneous about it but today we see guns on the streets, pokice and protesters dead.

Boz, above, and others seem encouraged by this.

Perhaps they have nothing in thailand really. Can easily leave if they are even in thailand as a friend claims most of those are not.

They duck and dive, float about. No commitments.

Suthep is to blame for this , he is a raving idiot, It is obvious that the firing is coming from the protesters, if the Police were doing the shooting Why is one dead and at least 4 or more wounded, Thai news stated 29 some were injured at noon, did not say which sides.

Oh REALLY? After the rants about the violence of 2010 you now advocate the use of force against these protesters?

Hypocrite.

Have you your bi focal, states"Its time for the rule of law to be enforced" What part of that do you not understand, I would believe English may no be your first language, right!

Clueless

@kikoman

You said

cheers

Me

will do, believe me I will do.

Just saw on the same channel the grenade explode on the police line caught on film, when they were firing rubber bullets, one policeman tried to kick the grenade away was the one with serious leg injuries!

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

Well martial law is imminent now and there will be more deaths. These are unarmed policeman against armed protestors. You need your head checked out. Or aren't the pics of the dead enough for you. Suthep started all this and he should be held accountable. The administration has been very reluctant to resort to violence or haven't you noticed?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Similar to when the red shirts started killing the unarmed soldiers at the beginning of the 2010 crisis, which escalated quickly - but I digress, and you apparently are incapable of grasping the irony of your words LOL

@kikoman

You said

cheers

Me

I have watched the news, with a report by J.Head and then an interview with him and he says no such thing. The report does show some terrible violence on both sides. The grenade attack being utterly horrific, whoever threw that needs to be found and punished according to the law. Likewise anyone who fired on the police.

However at no point did anyone claim that firing was started by the protesters. The actions of those who used violence today is criminal and disgusting. However when tensions are at the point they are now it is important that we all stick to the facts that are being reported.

And you belive the police shot himself or ? And the other policemen where throwing grenades on each other?

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you know what the debates here can go on for ever, people will make unsubstantiated claims about who fired what - the government can never be trusted to tell the truth and neither can the police

when police decide to shot from a police line as clearly shown in the pictures all it takes is one officer to suddenly pop up on the front and you know the rest - I'm not saying that is what happened and we will never find out the truth from officials

It is absolutely pointless to continue posting here without knowing the actual truth

One thing that does seem clear is the police attempt to remove the protestors using claimed peaceful means did not happen - all this on the eve of the courts ruling on the current SOE tomorrow - that I find highly suspect

• Like 2

Documented proof that corruption was rife in the Abhisit Democrat government! for

Cheers

Kikoman is well known as a supporter and poster on behalf of Thaksin. But having said that he should understand basic economics. Abhisit was in 'power' for say 3 years. If some of his wealth is in cash, basic interest rate and salary and perhaps RoI's can account for a paltry growth in his wealth of 2.6 million over 3 years. This is a miniscule growth. He has been termed an elite but Yingluck's wealth is over 600 million = 12 x that of Abhisit.

During his term in office Abhisit achieved much - including free education for all children up to the age of 15. His Finance Minister, Korn, was voted by the world's economic ministers as the best finance minister. The International Human Rights Group to whom you refer is associated with Amsterdam - a notorious propagandist for the Thaksin regime and with associations that link right into extreme right wing American/International organisations. Independent organisations, such as Amnesty International - who's research is impeccable and even handed - have indicted Thaksin, not Abhisit. I could strip the rest of your words down in the same way but as you have also been shown to be a propagandist for the Thaksin regime, it's simply a waste of my time.

Let's also note that Abhisit just happened to take the office of prime minister right at the start of the worst global recession since the 1930s. So to blame him for unemployment and the budget deficit increasing is, to put it mildly, slightly disingenuous.

@kikoman

You said

cheers

Me

I have watched the news, with a report by J.Head and then an interview with him and he says no such thing. The report does show some terrible violence on both sides. The grenade attack being utterly horrific, whoever threw that needs to be found and punished according to the law. Likewise anyone who fired on the police.

However at no point did anyone claim that firing was started by the protesters. The actions of those who used violence today is criminal and disgusting. However when tensions are at the point they are now it is important that we all stick to the facts that are being reported.

Asking TV red shirts to stick to facts...thats a funny one Spunk

Oh REALLY? After the rants about the violence of 2010 you now advocate the use of force against these protesters?

Hypocrite.

Have you your bi focal, states"Its time for the rule of law to be enforced" What part of that do you not understand, I would believe English may no be your first language, right!

Clueless

From an objective view point, his makes perfect sense, which is more than can be said of yours.

facebook guy looks like a yahoo.

and can someone enlighten us as to how "contradictory" in Thai can also mean "purchasable"? In my dictionary, there is no word for contriadictory. The only "words" are a few of those Thai meanings that are a just a number of words thrown together that are more an explanation than a word.

Edited by taony

You sir are a raving idiot. 3 dead now. Want more? Below is first hand information from a person on sight.

Important Update: I am sitting with a KPT leader. He says yes, they did shoot police. But he is the second person to say he personally witnessed the police throw the grenade that wounded police. The police returned and shot many of them. A French photographer named Guy showed me photos of police rifles, including a sniper rifle. The three protestors who died all were shot in the head. The Frenchman got some important photos, including police firing, and a pistol that a policeman lost while running away.

Specifically the last line

"The three protestors who died all were shot in the head"

Read again. Rifle... Police... HEAD!

Could you please post links? If not possible because of forum rules, send by PM.

Not sure what forum rules (links) are not allowed. So here goes a link to the FB page of a reported.

https://www.facebook.com/MichaelYonFanPage

I'm very interested to see the photos of police firing and these mysterious "important photos" -- Maybe those that include a grenade being tossed by police?

My first exposure to Michael Yon. Very, very strange. Not in the realm of journalism to me. Does any media outlets use him as as source or is he just a Facebook fanatic?