Thai policeman shot dead in protest clashes in Bangkok

webfact

Grenade fired from M79...but wait...its the reds that had them in 2010 or was it always this side who had them. Tomorrow I would suggest they say a prayer for there colleague. Give the clapper geriatrics 1 hour to move then hose the scum off the streets. If that fails tell the remainder they will face a baton charge give them time to examine their life choices..If they are still ballsy...Charge with batons flailing. At anytime if guns are fired by Suthep violent paid for thugs shoot to kill. If you are caught by a stray one, tough, you have been given 2 chances to leave, no compo for you. Any still standing, another warning..time to leave..if not shoot them. Thinking all the time of your dead friend who most probably saved your life by giving his.

Please dont bother banning me because its you and your sponsors who are inciting violence by giving this fat Malaysian looking pr1ck any coverage what so ever. Try stop pampering to the same people as Suthep and go after them.

Great plan. More violence, more bloodshed, more pain, misery and suffering, more families losing their loved ones.

Both sides have their share of thugs.

Should the protesters have gone home a long time ago? Yes.

Are they just prolonging the crisis when it is clear they cannot get their way this way? Yes.

Do they deserve your violent and bloody measures? No.

It will solve nothing and just lead to more violence and hatred later. It will only further radicalise those at the end of it.

Do I have an answer? No I don't, but I do recognise the wrong way when I see it.

Your solution is as wrong as it gets.

“I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.”

Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by Bluespunk

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excuse me, but are the above posts actually made by expats living in and out of Thailand?

I have been here for over 20 years and was on the front line on the night of May 17 1992 when Thai security troops under the Suchinda government opened fire at protesters gathering at Sanam Luang.

I am so proud (then and now) to see the heart of the Thai people out on the streets farmers and all.

Expats....do your homework. Do just a little research and you will find a history of a man (Thaksin) who has been a hugely corrupt and an unscrupulous and greedy parasitic megalomaniac who will NEVER be able to steal enough money from this great country.

He is a convicted criminal who has siphoned billions upon billions of baht from the Thai people and now under his own sister has completely ruined the best quality and best producing rice industry in the world!

It is gone with Cambodia winning last years Best Jasmine rice in the world award and India and Vietnam's rice harvests both out producing Thailand.

They have ruined the country and totally divided the Thai people.

For God's sake! These poor rice farmers are the very people the Shinawatra's convinced to vote for them.

Yingluck doesn't even have the integrity or consideration to even show up to appease these poor farmers and Chalerm is running scared and half mad as he knows that if the Shinawatra Regime crashes his career and life is over and that includes his alleged murdering son.

The alleged murdering son comment is simply information taken from public domain (Google it!) and should not be omitted.

Wikipedia: Chalerm Yubamrung: In 2001 Duangchalerm was arraigned for the murder of a police officer. After deserting from the Army and fleeing to Malaysia, he returned and handed himself in. He was released from jail on bail terms in 2003, and finally acquitted as the court considered the evidence insufficient and the witnesses accounts contradictory.[

Notation: In Thailand the word contradictory is often a synonym for purchasable.

Yes, it does seem that you have to organize a band of corrupt thugs to become Prime Minister in Thailand but plundering the nations funds, ruining the country while turning Thai citizen against Thai citizen and then spitting on our King is just NOT in the cards folks.......it ain't gunna happen!

Yes, Suthep has his own allegations of a corrupt history......but which one of you would walk in his shoes today....for even a minute!

The man is and will go down historically as a super hero and servant to our King and the people of Siam......want to bet?

Stand up Khun Thai! Stand up every Thai farmer that gave their rice harvest and received nothing in return!

Fight this insanely evil piece of dung and through every generation of his family out with him as they have disgraced our King, our country and the very souls of our people.

Yes, I'm white but I'm no expat!

This is my home, my King and my brothers and sisters.

Fight on and drive the snake out of the land!

Now let's turn this over again to the usual ignorant barking dogs so they can shoot their uneducated and sorry asses off!

I think a discerning person who has followed TVF for a while knows there are many Thais who post here -- not just your ordinary barking farang.

Your post epitomizes the social divide in Thailand in that there can be no discourse or criticism of a particular point of view without being regarded in the 'opposite' political camp.

And to blindly follow the clarion of a man who you admit is corrupt without seeing the fallacies of what he is saying and the dangers posed to democracy I find quite disconcerting.

I could go on but I am sure you will label me an ignorant barking dog and a PTP supporter, as well. And as long as there is this kind of extremism and wanton lust to insult others who hold a different point of view, Thailand is going to be in for a rough ride for quite a while.

Very well put. Totally agree.

The absolute belief that your way and ONLY your way is the right one is doomed surely isn't it?. Please, please.......moderate voices are needed desperately to resolve this.

RIP to all those killed. Some posters would do well to stop and consider the value of a human life before scoring points in nonsensical bickering and circular arguments.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

...others say the police were armed and firing....

...and the policeman's leg is a result of him dropping a grenade....

...this according to Thai people...and a foreign reporter....(Michael Yon ???)

I'm ready to accept that the grenade did indeed come from the protester's side. And it was criminal. And any action that results in deaths of police or protesters is a deplorable crime. That said, the protesters have been assassinated, shot at, hit with grenades, and ambushed for weeks on end now, without doing anything in reply. During that time, the police have failed to find a single suspect in the attacks. Many, of course, believe the police are the ones conducting the attacks. Given this situation, the protesters would be suicidally negligent not to have some form of weapon as a protection.

• Like 2

I'm going to redact my comment pending more analysis. I don't believe the bomb originated from the protesters, but I would like to study it more before I form an opinion.

However, the reality of how the bomb got there doesn't take anything away from the policeman who lost his leg to save the lives of several policemen. He should still be considered a hero for what he did. His actions saved lives.

Edited by geodesic

And before Tharit, Chalerm and their supporters here say that the police wasn't armed.

I would expect Tharit and Chalerm to lie, so that is no surprise. I'm wondering though, why try and hide the fact they are armed?

Tragic as this day went. RIP
Who is responsible and ordered this policemen with assault rifles into the rows of riot police?
For what purpose?
To shoot at people?

Otherwise there is no other function for that type of armament

What ridiculous questions. Thailand has an armed police force so of course the police were armed. They have every right to be armed when confronting murderous thugs shooting at them and throwing grenades.

You are sure, today it was not the other way around?

Police opened fire first?

Tomorrow the court will decide about the state of emergency.

Why today this violent hurry?

If the government had waited another day, perhaps the live of people on both sides could have been saved.

Edited by tomacht8

Did you watch the video about grenade that was just some posts up? Believe me that makes Michael Yon's words be a lot less credible.

Grenade fired from M79...but wait...its the reds that had them in 2010 or was it always this side who had them. Tomorrow I would suggest they say a prayer for there colleague. Give the clapper geriatrics 1 hour to move then hose the scum off the streets. If that fails tell the remainder they will face a baton charge give them time to examine their life choices..If they are still ballsy...Charge with batons flailing. At anytime if guns are fired by Suthep violent paid for thugs shoot to kill. If you are caught by a stray one, tough, you have been given 2 chances to leave, no compo for you. Any still standing, another warning..time to leave..if not shoot them. Thinking all the time of your dead friend who most probably saved your life by giving his.

Please dont bother banning me because its you and your sponsors who are inciting violence by giving this fat Malaysian looking pr1ck any coverage what so ever. Try stop pampering to the same people as Suthep and go after them.

Great plan. More violence, more bloodshed, more pain, misery and suffering, more families losing their loved ones.

Both sides have their share of thugs.

Should the protesters have gone home a long time ago? Yes.

Are they just prolonging the crisis when it is clear they cannot get their way this way? Yes.

Do they deserve your violent and bloody measures? No.

It will solve nothing and just lead to more violence and hatred later. It will only further radicalise those at the end of it.

Do I have an answer? No I don't, but I do recognise the wrong way when I see it.

Your solution is as wrong as it gets.

“I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.”

Mahatma Gandhi

Bluespunk, we are pretty much on the same page on this, the protestors need to stop, at least this form of protest they are carrying on, occupations, barricades, armed elements. It's like a trench mentality, it won't do any good to anyone.

Regular people shouldn't feel beholden to men who have gone to far in to turn back; it doesn't mean giving in and giving up, it's about sticking to what is right.

• Like 1

It's not just people saying it. There is a video showing the whole thing including where it originated, where it fell in the line, and his associate had to kick it out of the way to prevent it exploding in the middle of them. Yes, I have seen the video, and while I'm not an expert, I don't believe it was photoshopped. There are too many elements that needed to line up perfectly for that to be anything other than an accident. When you see the video you will understand. It appears this was a bomb intended to be thrown by the police at the protesters.

The reports that say it was fired into the police line should be viewed as highly suspect. In the fog of war I can see why some people might think that, and some reporters might have mistakenly reported it, but the facts clearly don't confirm that hypothesis.

However, the reality of how the bomb got there doesn't take anything away from the policeman who lost his leg to save the lives of several policemen. He should still be considered a hero for what he did. His actions saved lives.

Falling down from his bag hummmm...

Ops... You edited before I comment... pity.

Edited by newcomer71

Jonathan Head is a known 'supporter' of Robert Amsterdam/Thaksin. I have complained to the BBC about his biased reporting. Search him on Google. You may be surprised. But then that's no different to the support for Thaksin that comes from Wall-street backed Washington Post. There are other examples and one wonders if there is a global conspiracy here.

And the many reports in which he is highly critical of Thaksin are just subterfuge to muddy the waters?

Jonathan Head has, in my opinion quite correctly, had a lot of criticism for the way he 'interviewed' Yingluck, but to be fair his report today http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26224510 attempts to be neutral. I note that he describes the police as 'beating protesters firing either shotguns or possibly rubber bullets. At that point somebody fired a grenade into the police lines.....' Watch the video.

I don't seriously believe anyone here condones the use of a grenade or guns in this kind of situation, but a, violent, reaction to the police effort today was inevitable, and quite plausibly calculated for by those hoping to uphold the declaration of the State of Emergency.

Notice the PDCR guard mob above are in trainers. Notice also the rallying insignias, more a militia than a mob. Someone has organized those bandanas, and those flags and those uniforms, someone has drawn those logos. That's not a mob, that's organized.

Notice the shoes, the police have their regulation boots but there's another group, have been spotted around, armed to the teeth with similar clothes to the police but wearing trainers and with yellow patches on their arms. You can see the fake police at the top, and real below in this photo:

I suspect we have a bit of third hand here. Another attempt perhaps to give the army an excuse for a coup, take a look, trainers as shoes and the yellow patch on the arm. The fake police here armed to the teeth with military weapons, yet trainers?

The man on the right looks like this guy spotted as one of PDRC Laksi shooters:

I think that this man must be there leader, because he's older, appears to be central to this group.

attachicon.gifpdrc-guard-leader-possible-fake-police.jpg

The first photo in the series is slightly over 2 months old.

http://fposts.com/fbpost/412682772176554_475220612589436

I think that they are seals. On what basis are you suggesting that they are pdrc guards? Honest question.

I think they're PDRC guards, because of their location (at the white building next to democracy monument) and their PDRC insignias bands, whistles etc.. They might be seals, definitely military looking.

Where does the flags and bandanas from?

More of the black Bandanas

post-199953-0-82684600-1392735262_thumb.

I don't think these people are historic from a couple of months ago, I think they're still very much around.

It's not just people saying it. There is a video showing the whole thing including where it originated, where it fell in the line, and his associate had to kick it out of the way to prevent it exploding in the middle of them. Yes, I have seen the video, and while I'm not an expert, I don't believe it was photoshopped. There are too many elements that needed to line up perfectly for that to be anything other than an accident. When you see the video you will understand. It appears this was a bomb intended to be thrown by the police at the protesters.

The video is posted multiple times above, in HD. Please watch it. It did not fall out of his bag, it was thrown at them after he took up position, you can see (and hear) as clear as day the grenade fly in from the right of the frame, hit the shield and bounce to the floor.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

The reports that say it was fired into the police line should be viewed as highly suspect. In the fog of war I can see why some people might think that, and some reporters might have mistakenly reported it, but the facts clearly don't confirm that hypothesis.

Jesus...the video clearly shows the grenade flying in from the direction of the protesters and hitting a shield!!!

How can you lie and say that?!!!

• Like 2

I'm going to redact my comment pending more analysis. I don't believe the bomb originated from the protesters, but I would like to study it more before I form an opinion.

I feel for the Policeman . He thought he was doing the right thing BUT if he had followed his training and got behind his shield like the officer who ran over then possibly the injuries for ALL the officers would have been less.

Also the grenade shouldn't have been there in the first place!

Relax guys, it wasn't the PCAD who had weapons and were firing at and killing the police, it was 'mysterious people' who then left the weapons behind them which the innocent PCADers picked up.

You couldn't make it up. :cheesy:

RT@Aim_NT: Suthep said a group of mysterious ppl helped attack the police. Police fled, protesters seized guns, ammunition.

Is that his leg flying through the air? God dam_n that's nasty.

edit: found the same video on youtube that shows the aftermath, it wasn't his leg. But you can see afterwards, he has lost most of his calf muscle.

Edited by celso

The powers that be have tried everything. Wanted elections, got them, wasn't good enough. Yingluck resigns, got it, wasn't good enough. Tried to shut down Bangkok, but the Bangkok middle and upper class didn't have the heart or conviction to stick it out more than a week.

It was always going to come to this if the arrogant Bangkok elite didn't get their way.

They finally got Yingluck on trumped up charges.

When the red shirts come to town and destroy Bangkok don't blame the red shirts. They have no choice but to go to war.

Look at the video above your post, or do you only believe what yellows write and not believe your own eyes, that police officer motioned the other police man over to set up his shield as protection as soon as he place his shield on the ground the grenade hit the shield and dropped to the ground, the officer tried to kick it away when it went off.

If he would not have called the other policeman over that grenade would have landed in the mist of the unprotected policeman in the rear and more death would have likely occurred as the grenade hit the shield.and dropped down to the ground.

Only a blind man would believed the police dropped it!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

Oh God, enough with this type of nonsense.

RIP to those have been and will be murdered by the paid yellow thugs.

And a speedy recovery to those injured it trying to return the streets to the public.

So it is okay for Abhisit to be charged for the cackdown in 2010 ... but not Yingluck this time?

Did you watch the video about grenade that was just some posts up? Believe me that makes Michael Yon's words be a lot less credible.

thanks for calling Michael Yon a "reporter" and not a journalist - that would be an insult to any real journalist out there - not even on TVF posters (except for a few) can get more biased than him! Why would anybody even quote that man when there are so many credible journalists and websites out there?

Of course many who actually write about the root cause of this whole saga are censored and banned in Thailand - nobody is allowed to write the truth here - and nobody bothers to write the truth.

I feel sad and sorry for all Thais on both sides of the divide - they are just being used as pawns in a dirty political game for power and money!

Is that his leg flying through the air? God dam_n that's nasty.

edit: found the same video on youtube that shows the aftermath, it wasn't his leg. But you can see afterwards, he has lost most of his calf muscle.

it was his boot

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

Oh God, enough with this type of nonsense.

RIP to those have been and will be murdered by the paid yellow thugs.

And a speedy recovery to those injured it trying to return the streets to the public.

So it is okay for Abhisit to be charged for the cackdown in 2010 ... but not Yingluck this time?

your head is stuck in 2010 Today is 2-18-2014 or have you not noticed!

I'd like to say "Take em down, arrest everyone, stop all this nonsense". But it would be better to continue as before. Find a way to continue "care-taking" despite the protest annoyances and let his numbers continue to dwindle on their own as people get tired and leave from the lack of effectiveness that they are having and the fact that they have no real clearly formulated goal in sight anyway.

Stop all this nonsense and what then?

You are probably as new to Thailand as you are to Thai Visa. and have not been given the correct information. Yes the people are dwindling. They unlike the red shirts of 2010 have to work for a living. They are not getting paid for the protests. the people will tire and eventually disappear frown the streets but they still want a honest government and will return if the Shinawatra's continue to rape and plunder the nation.

At this very moment the rice farmers one of there basic supporters are protesting. Why is the police not dispersing them? According to the way the PTP government interpreted the 2010 clash that was started by armed red shirts Abhist and Suthep are guilty of murder. They have been charged with it. Now we have the very same thing the government has murdered a protestor so they should also be charging Yingluck and Chalerm.

Fat Chance of that happening this government does not operate under the same rules they try to impose on every one else.

That alone should call for their resignation. If you had been here for the last two and a half years you would have witnessed things that would just make you shake your head. To name one a Minister of Finance lying and when found out saying it is OK if it makes people feel good. Then when the Cabinet is reshuffled he is still there and chosen to stay in the Finance Ministry. He lied about the money the government had and now the government is saying they have not paid the farmers because of the protestors who started two months after the money was due to the farmers. Simply unbelievable. They are like an inept three ring circus with a ring master who is deaf blind and can't speak.

That is just one of the small things this government is guilty of. In the last year alone they have raised the corruption level by 2%.

The powers that be have tried everything. Wanted elections, got them, wasn't good enough. Yingluck resigns, got it, wasn't good enough. Tried to shut down Bangkok, but the Bangkok middle and upper class didn't have the heart or conviction to stick it out more than a week.

It was always going to come to this if the arrogant Bangkok elite didn't get their way.

When the red shirts come to town and destroy Bangkok don't blame the red shirts. They have no choice but to go to war.

i think the red shirt is better stay in isaan!

dont come to make problem in bangkok.

this is not red shirt city.

we dont like this people come here !!

• Like 1

They didn't want elections until reform had been completed. Yingluck didn't resign. She dissolved parliament. Bangkok is still pretty much shut down, even though there aren't that many protesters out there every night.

What is trumped up about Yingluck enabling corruption in the rice scheme in which she is the committee head?