"Peace for Bangkok" mission claims five deaths, 70 injuries

webfact

" In yesterday’s mission to retake Pan Fah bridge on the Ratchadamnoen Avenue, anti-riot police stormed the thousands of protesters with teargas, and gunfire "

So this was Chalerm's non-violent dispersal. Ammunition and tear-gas. And the result of this is that five people died. And the police later had to retreat. The " mission " to reclaim five protest areas, ultimately resulted in none of them being reclaimed, at a cost of five people dead and dozens injured. Not only that, it showed that Chalerm's words of non-violent dispersal were just words.

• Like 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am only guessing, but have a feeling those unknown men are military.

As they are well trained , well equipped and well organized

Scary thing though is that a group of few men can scare 25 000 strong police.

Well, as you said... 'well trained, well equipped and well organized' vs what I can only think of as the Keystone Cops.

And headed up by Bozo the drunken Clown (locally) and the Coward in Dubai (from afar).

Edited by WhizBang
  • Like 1

So by your comments do you accept that the white hat man next to the PDRC truck is likely the Friday bomb thrower?

How do you explain the last minute route change by PDRC to go past this building with the room full of evidence (including the hand grenade pin!). How do you explain the evidence changing when it was handed to the police (the ridiculous red walls ice cream cap changed to a red army cap)?

The ultimate force is the army, so there is no victory by force, possible for the government. The army takes power from the government not the other way around.

So it makes no sense to pretend they would want to kill this mob.

Pheu Thai have won the election (see AsiaCorrespondant's estimates of the win below), how would they even need a victory by force, even if they could get one!

x12349346013_4365b6b8e1_o.jpg.pagespeed.

What I'm saying is that some of what we see is stagecraft designed to manipulate opinions. The 'evidence' should be considered critically not just conveniently slotted in to serve our own political views.

For example, you saw a photo of a protester holding up some shells and assumed they were shotgun ammo and that the protesters were therefore armed, when they were actually spent rubber bullet shells in all probability fired at the protesters by the police!

I have no idea if Mr White Hat threw the grenade or not, but I don't think you can conclude anything from that. We know the government has people mingling with the protesters and we have also seen grenade attacks against protesters by people in their own ranks.

Both sides have a strong interest in making the other look bad, and personally I believe that both are willing to 'sacrifice' a few people if that's what it takes.

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

For example, you saw a photo of a protester holding up some shells and assumed they were shotgun ammo and that the protesters were therefore armed, when they were actually spent rubber bullet shells in all probability fired at the protesters by the police!

You mean this post?

"you saw a photo of a protester holding up some shells and assumed they were shotgun ammo" You missed a bigger problem here, he is PDRC on the PDRC side of the protest, the 'spent' (they look unfired to me?) cartridges are deposited at the shooters side. So if you have cartridges you were near the shooter location!

I should have pointed out why I found this picture so odd at the time when I posted it.

I don't think they are rubber bullet rounds, I gave a link to the Google image search I did. They look like shotgun rounds.

"I have no idea if Mr White Hat threw the grenade or not, but I don't think you can conclude anything from that. We know the government has people mingling with the protesters and we have also seen grenade attacks against protesters by people in their own ranks."

Then how did the government arrange for the PDRC to change their route past this building?, and how did they arrange for the PDRC to find the room of evidence in this building? including the hand grenade pin? and how did they get the PDRC to swap some evidence for more convincing evidence later (the red cap)? and why did they not hand over white cap man?, why did he go off with their driver after picking shrapnel off the ground if he's not with them?... you see there so many problems with that version, that I discounted it.

"Both sides have a strong interest in making the other look bad,"

No, all the government needs is the election. Violence would simply play into the coup mongers hands. The exact opposite of what the government needs!

Easy to find out!

Thaivisa moderators, have you been told not to report to the press about a secret nighttime massacre? Nope?

Welcome to the new world order, your lies belong in BangkokPost, or NationMultimedia not here where they can be challenged.

I'm not sure your post was written in coherent English ...

How is it easy to find out the truth, if there's been a news blackout? And do you seriously think the Thaivisa mods would have been told not to report events? They're not exactly high on the list of people Chalerm would tell.

They are NOT lies, I made it very plain that it was unsubstantiated and hence challenge or confirmation is de rigeur.

Anyway, challenge by intellectual pygmies such as yourself is NO challenge at all.

If you didn't understand my point, let me try again:

ThaiVisa is part of the new media. It has more readers than BangkokPost.com and NationMultimedia combined. It is one of many such sites. The old press no longer dominates.

So if you want to claim the 'It has been ordered by the CMPO not to be reported in the press", we can simply ask ThaiVisa moderators if they've been told to suppress this news!

Have they? I think its a rhetorical question, everyone has cameras now, this is the new world order, where a tiny minority no longer controls the press and so their deeds can't remain hidden. So your claim is ridiculous.

They are NOT lies, I made it very plain that it was unsubstantiated and hence challenge or confirmation is de rigeur.

Ok, I'm not calling you a liar, I'm reporting unsubstantiated claims that my friend says you're a liar. So that's ok then.

A post containing unsubstantiated allegations of night time raids has been removed.

In volatile situations such as what currently exists in Bangkok, rumours, and hearsay can result in people being put in harms way. At this time we heed all members to remember this, and avoid posting inflammatory allegations, rumours, and other harmful posts that could endanger others.

Many members are in and around the areas affected and require accurate, honest, and clear information about what is happening in order to keep themselves and their families safe. It is imperative that all members pitch in to help them with this, be it by providing accurate information, or by self-moderating yourself and stifling your emotions before responding to a topic.

It's at times of crisis like this that people turn to this forum (including all of you) for guidance, and we hope all members will do their bit to help out.

That being said, we will not have any patience for outlandish behaviour right now, Disruptive people will simply be removed.

Those who have been, and are continuing to help give a clear picture to our members and ourselves, you have our thanks.

Thaivisa.com

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701310-rumours-and-rumour-mongering-a-warning/

The anonymous rescuers!!!! who happened to turn up with automatic weapons and grenades!!!!!

I predicted a couple of weeks ago that we would have the army and the police fighting on the streets of Bangkok as the army move to protect the protestors

I believe that is exactly what is going on here

• Like 1

There is a lot of sh*t going down in Bangkok and a hell of a lot of dis-information from both sides. Chalerm said there would be no force etc, this was obviously all bullshit as the police have used nothing but force and live ammunition so he has blatantly lied. The rescuers were obviously trained pro's, whether or not they were army remains to be seen but I would not put anything beyond what the ptp/chalerm are prepared to do here, they could well be setting all this up, the shooting, the grenades. Trouble is the ones on the protesters sides are getting a bit violent as well, this is in itself strange as through it all there have been very few violent(physically violent) episodes as most protesters are simply common people, are there plants in amongst them to cause the violence, we just dont know.

Unfortunately in Thailand violence is common and done when it shouldnt be, we have all seen the beatings of multiple people on women and others by everyday people so it can happen.

I am not commenting on this as at the moment as we do not know the full truth, only what is being relayed by partisan people on both sides, whether this is all the ptp or the protesters as well remains to be seen but a peacefull break up does not include live ammunition, chalerm does have a lot to answer for as well as those organizing the grenades/shootings, we will see what happens.

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

ThaiVisa is part of the new media. It has more readers than BangkokPost.com and NationMultimedia combined. It is one of many such sites. The old press no longer dominates.

So if you want to claim the 'It has been ordered by the CMPO not to be reported in the press", we can simply ask ThaiVisa moderators if they've been told to suppress this news!

Have they? I think its a rhetorical question, everyone has cameras now, this is the new world order, where a tiny minority no longer controls the press and so their deeds can't remain hidden. So your claim is ridiculous.

Ok, I'm not calling you a liar, I'm reporting unsubstantiated claims that my friend says you're a liar. So that's ok then.

Thai Visa repeats the news, so if the news isn't being reported by the newspapers etc, it won't get onto Thai Visa.

Bluenosecodger

And yes as I suspected. Thailand does have a monopoly on expats that blindly defend a regime run by an unelected, accused mass murdered, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive. ( Do you imagine I'd give up democracy and hand power to murderers….Too late!!cheesy.gif)

Unable to address my points and instead (like a good old fashioned dictatorial demagogue) turn them around and saw "what about the guy you support" or "It's the DEMS fault, World banks fault, EC's fault, IMF's fault, UNHCR's and Human Rights Watches' fault. Even Kim Jon Un doesn't blame as many organizations as the PTP regime does for his shortfalls and problems.

Remember Kim Jon Un recently demonized UNHCR for their report on North Korea. Sounds familiar heay.

The slide into fundamental fanaticism is slow yet pronounced. I pity you and hope you will be ok in the future and don't follow the path of Jeff Savage and Conner Purcell. They too had gullible ideas land a strict yet unbounded and unwaivering love for the regime and the dear leader.

"defend a regime run by an unelected, accused mass murdered, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive cookie monster"..

She was elected.

"Unable to address my points and instead (like a good old fashioned dictatorial demagogue) turn them around and saw "what about the guy you support""

I answered your points, in detail with link to my actual posts (not your lies about them) and extra evidence,. You have no reply.

"Remember Kim Jon Un recently demonized UNHCR for their report on North Korea. Sounds familiar heay."

No, not familiar, please make your argument.

"The slide into fundamental fanaticism is slow yet pronounced...."

Lots of words there, not sure what your argument is.

Yes, yes she is the PM. I am talking about the leader. The regime leader.

Seems you can't seem to join the dots heay? Typical of someone that needs has no critical thinking and needs a ministry of propaganda to guide your thoughts.

UNHCR demonized by the Kim Jon regime and the thaksin regime. Though Kim Jon has been in power for a shorter time and has less blood on his hands.

Not sure of my next argument either? No surprises there.

I won't explain it. Just seek the answer from the ministry of propaganda.

Just remember they regime is always right. There is only 1 principle to democracy. Repeat that 20 times.

Thai Visa repeats the news, so if the news isn't being reported by the newspapers etc, it won't get onto Thai Visa.

That's not true, anyone can post news on Thaivisa, and in a world where everyone is videoing and photographing everything, all of them can post news here and often do.

And when PDRC released this 'witness' video,( the man they claim is proof the police dropped the handgrenade), was posted on Facebook, another new media source where anyone can post. Did facebook have an order to censor? The video clearly showing the handgrenade was thrown at police was on youtube, did youtube get an order to censors? How?
You see how ludicrous mass censorship claims become in a panopticon world.
  • Like 1

I hope soon Chalerm and Yingluck face justice for the killings and injuries of all these people.

The blood is in their hands.

All they had to do was turn over government to a corrupt man leading a lawless mob that represented a minority of the Thai population and everything would be fine.

See the bigger picture.

Police officers were shot in the head by PDRC protestors.

A hand-grenade was thrown at police by PDRC protestors.

PDRC guards have been caught with police uniforms.

Even the witness they put forward to refute the police claim, had one (see attachment)!

And a group with hand-grenades and rifles, attacks a police van and releases a PDRC leader.

So now look at Friday bomb, a hand-grenade, that appears to be thrown by a white capped man in the video.

Now consider Sundays bomb, a hand-grenade, thrown by a man with long long fingers who later likely appears in a mask at Laksi as a PDRC guard.

And now General Prayuth is posponing his trip to the south.

This is clearly the military ham-fisted attempt at a coup. You can the judicial attempt at the coup in NACC, and a brand new one, an EC coup since Pheu Thai won the elections.

They seem to be ramping it up full on now. Even Bangkok Post and The Nation are pumping out the propaganda 100% unfiltered.

It smacks of desperation.

attachicon.gifPDRC-witness-has-fake-police-uniform.jpg

attachicon.gifpantip-people-suggest-shooter.jpg

Any particular reason that fail to note all the grenades that have been thrown at the protesters to date?

What if the man with the white hat was a government goon trying to make the protesters look bad to give the authorities an excuse to use force?

I am not claiming this us the case, but use of provocateurs to manipulate is quite a popular activity in recent years.

So by your comments do you accept that the white hat man next to the PDRC truck is likely the Friday bomb thrower?

How do you explain the last minute route change by PDRC to go past this building with the room full of evidence (including the hand grenade pin!). How do you explain the evidence changing when it was handed to the police (the ridiculous red walls ice cream cap changed to a red army cap)?

The ultimate force is the army, so there is no victory by force, possible for the government. The army takes power from the government not the other way around.

Pheu Thai have won the election (see AsiaCorrespondant's estimates of the win below), how would they even need a victory by force, even if they could get one!

A little over 25% of eligible voters voted for PTP.

This is not an overwhelming majority. The authors of this table have an obvious bias and so sliced and diced the numbers to get the largest percentage.

You can of course just as easily say that 75% of eligible voters decided to not vote for PTP.

It's just a matter of best presenting your bias.

Edited by pedro01

See the bigger picture.

Even the witness they put forward to refute the police claim, had one (see attachment)!

And a group with hand-grenades and rifles, attacks a police van and releases a PDRC leader.

So now look at Friday bomb, a hand-grenade, that appears to be thrown by a white capped man in the video.

Now consider Sundays bomb, a hand-grenade, thrown by a man with long long fingers who later likely appears in a mask at Laksi as a PDRC guard.

This is clearly the military ham-fisted attempt at a coup. You can the judicial attempt at the coup in NACC, and a brand new one, an EC coup since Pheu Thai won the elections.

They seem to be ramping it up full on now. Even Bangkok Post and The Nation are pumping out the propaganda 100% unfiltered.

Any particular reason that fail to note all the grenades that have been thrown at the protesters to date?

What if the man with the white hat was a government goon trying to make the protesters look bad to give the authorities an excuse to use force?

I am not claiming this us the case, but use of provocateurs to manipulate is quite a popular activity in recent years.

A little over 25% of eligible voters voted for PTP.

This is not an overwhelming majority. The authors of this table have an obvious bias and so sliced and diced the numbers to get the largest percentage.

You can of course just as easily say that 75% of eligible voters decided to not vote for PTP.

It's just a matter of best presenting your bias.

Last time it was 53%, the author is simply applying the rules of elections to get an estimate. If 14.6 million people voted for parties, and PT got 10.9 million then it got 75% of the vote.

I don't reasonably think you can claim people who didn't vote as your voters, because if their choice was a voluntary choice not to vote, why did you have to block polling stations, and seize ballots!?

You see the problem? If you wanted to claim the authority of a poll boycott, you should have let people boycott of their own free will, not coerce them then claim their lack of vote as yours!

I don't think you can seriously claim the Democrats would have won, because if they would have won, they would have stood for election!

This is one brave cop.......

http://youtu.be/nG7s1y1508g

It cost him badly. Major damage, he'll probably lose a lot of his leg.

(picture deleted, sorry it's too gorey)

But from what I've been reading thankfully he is alive, thank god! Not so the man in the flag tee-shirt who was shot. Now that one makes my blood boil.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

See the bigger picture.

BNC get your hand off it...

You mean this post?

"you saw a photo of a protester holding up some shells and assumed they were shotgun ammo" You missed a bigger problem here, he is PDRC on the PDRC side of the protest, the 'spent' (they look unfired to me?) cartridges are deposited at the shooters side. So if you have cartridges you were near the shooter location!

I should have pointed out why I found this picture so odd at the time when I posted it.

I don't think they are rubber bullet rounds, I gave a link to the Google image search I did. They look like shotgun rounds.

"I have no idea if Mr White Hat threw the grenade or not, but I don't think you can conclude anything from that. We know the government has people mingling with the protesters and we have also seen grenade attacks against protesters by people in their own ranks."

Then how did the government arrange for the PDRC to change their route past this building?, and how did they arrange for the PDRC to find the room of evidence in this building? including the hand grenade pin? and how did they get the PDRC to swap some evidence for more convincing evidence later (the red cap)? and why did they not hand over white cap man?, why did he go off with their driver after picking shrapnel off the ground if he's not with them?... you see there so many problems with that version, that I discounted it.

No, all the government needs is the election. Violence would simply play into the coup mongers hands. The exact opposite of what the government needs!

Yeah that one. They do use shotguns to fire rubber bullets, amongst other things. If you take a look at the top story in the Bangkok Post right now (PM charged over rice graft) there is a nice close up picture of the police letting fly with one.

This is one brave cop.......

http://youtu.be/nG7s1y1508g

It cost him badly. Major damage, he'll probably lose a lot of his leg.

(picture deleted, sorry it's too gorey)

But from what I've been reading thankfully he is alive, thank god! Not so the man in the flag tee-shirt who was shot. Now that one makes my blood boil.

Why! According to many posters he was a fascist pig who deserved it.

Personally I feel sorry for all of them the protestors and the poorly trained police.

It is about time they all sat down and discuss things like adults.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You mean this post?

Yeah that one. They do use shotguns to fire rubber bullets, amongst other things. If you take a look at the top story in the Bangkok Post right now (PM charged over rice graft) there is a nice close up picture of the police letting fly with one.

I think that's bird-shot they fire from shotgun cartridges, rather than rubber bullets. But as I said it wasn't the reason I found this so problematic. It was they had was on the PDRC side, and yet the spent cartridges would be on the police/shooters side. I also don't think they look fired.

post-199953-0-48533200-1392805385_thumb.

I see something else troubling about his photo, is that another one of these black bandanas with white writing on them?

I've seen them on this group and wondered what they are:

post-199953-0-89334000-1392736460_thumb.

I noticed the witness they put up had one on:
post-199953-0-78893100-1392736360_thumb.
Edited by BlueNoseCodger

You mean this post?

I think that's bird-shot they fire from shotgun cartridges, rather than rubber bullets. But as I said it wasn't the reason I found this so problematic. It was they had was on the PDRC side, and yet the spent cartridges would be on the police/shooters side. I also don't think they look fired.

attachicon.gifcartridges_again.jpg

I see something else troubling about his photo, is that another one of these black bandanas with white writing on them?

They definitely have been fired. You can see the dent in the primer cap. The police were using pump action shotguns and their lines moved ALOT. It would be easy enough to pick up the spent cartridges.

post-195835-13928069584137_thumb.jpg

post-195835-13928069739834_thumb.jpg

post-195835-13928069891717_thumb.jpg

Personally I feel sorry for all of them the protestors and the poorly trained police.

It makes my blood boil for a simple reason. He was shot close range in the front of the neck.

He was running towards his killers.

There's a bunch of footage over at Pantip, it may be conspiracy clap trap, but feel free to judge for yourself.

You mean this post?

attachicon.gifcartridges_again.jpg

They definitely have been fired. You can see the dent in the primer cap. The police were using pump action shotguns and their lines moved ALOT. It would be easy enough to pick up the spent cartridges.

Noted.

It makes my blood boil for a simple reason. He was shot close range in the front of the neck.

There's a bunch of footage over at Pantip, it may be conspiracy clap trap, but feel free to judge for yourself.

Are you suggesting the camera guy shot him?

Sent from my phone ...

If you haven't seen the footage, the three videos are the main sources I think

video 1, from the cameraman that gets in his way as he runs

video 2, from a person in the middle of the street, whose video runs from after he's on the ground

video 3, in the ambulance afterwards.

Are you suggesting the camera guy shot him?

Sent from my phone ...

Can I post the frames here? It's gut wrenching footage when you step through it frame by frame.

Perhaps I'll try and split them up so the mods can delete them if not.