Italian busted for drug dealing in Phuket

webfact

Italian busted for drug dealing in Phuket
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_201421915189734_KYLuqcalaCcjw
Fabio Milan Bocca, 35, faces charges of possession of a Category 1 Drug with intent to sell and possession of a Category 5 Drug with intent to sell. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- An Italian man was busted for selling ya ice (crystal methamphetamine) to undercover cops in a sting operation in Patong Monday evening.

Fabio Milan Bocca, 35, was arrested at a rental house on Pisitkoranee Road in possession of 8.52 grams of ya ice, 6.79g of marijuana and a single ya bah (methamphetamine) pill.

“Our superintendent asked us to stomp out drugs in Patong, so we chased up a lead about Mr Fabio,” Lt Col Khunnadet Na Nongkhai of the Patong Police told the Phuket Gazette today.

“We went to the house to buy drugs as part of a sting operation. As soon as he opened the door, we entered and identified ourselves as officers. Inside we found his stash of drugs and drug paraphernalia."

Mr Bocca was charged with possession of a Category 1 Drug with intent to sell and with possession of a Category 5 Drug with intent to sell.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Italian-busted-for-drug-dealing-in-Phuket-25631.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-02-19

• Like 2

I'll be waiting for the first "Italian? That name doesn't sound like an Italian name." -comment.

Good to read that BiB is catching some of these death dealers.

Only because their superintendent told them too. tongue.png

Seriously though, I agree with you. Many of the coming social problems (worse than now) will be the result of Meth addiction.

• Like 1

An Ex- Stasi agent I've met, who was sentenced to prison, just because they'd found a mini cam in his spare tire, pretty much unusual these days had the right statement about drug dealers.

If you let's say would get 10 years prison, when get caught dealing drugs, but you could earn the same amount of money through an honest job, you're considered a stupid man.

Beside that, I'd seen and worked with so many wrecks,caused by drugs like speed that I don't want my son taking that shit. Well, a foreigner selling to an undercover cop seems to sell it to everybody.

It's easy. No sellers. No buyers. -wai2.gif

Only because their superintendent told them too. tongue.png

Seriously though, I agree with you. Many of the coming social problems (worse than now) will be the result of Meth addiction.

If we the people had some courage, not too much just a little bit, we would make friends with the fat boy in North Korea. He would take care of the dope heads much cheaper then we ever could and he would be happy. Of course the lawyers etc would be sad,

Edited by BlueSkyCowboy
  • Like 1

A whole 8 grams.....this is some Miami Vice stuff right here.

The streets are clean! Well done corrupt Thai police!

A nice little farang trophy to make you look like you are doing something... now you can go back to extorting large cash bribes for far worse crimes committed by Thais.

Heroes.

• Like 1

Beside that, I'd seen and worked with so many wrecks,caused by drugs like speed that I don't want my son taking that shit. Well, a foreigner selling to an undercover cop seems to sell it to everybody.

It's not about the drugs, it's about the people. We all know that smoking, alcohol, gambling (and to a certain degree social media) can cause addiction and ruin lives. Yet they are all legal. I'm pretty sure that alcohol and smoking causes more deaths/sad destinys than category 1 drugs. I call bullshit, but that's another discussion. Case in point (without being an advocate for drug use, mind you): Been doing this and that back when I lived back in farangland, always in a controlled manner (perhaps once every second month) and always in a social context. Never felt the compelling need for "another one", and I haven't touched anything in that category of recreationals for more than 6 years now. That comes from a guy who won't eat pain killers unless it's *really* bad.

That said, I'm a smoker, enjoy my occasional single malt, and can't live without 2 cups of coffee in the morning.

No sellers, no buyers? True, but will never happen. If there's a market, there's products and sellers. All it boils down to is the price and how hard it is to purchase.

But doing this in TH? Stupid. Just stupid.

Edited by Zumteufel
  • Like 1

How can some one be so stupid, This Italian probably has run out of money , and wanted to stay but selling Drugs in Thailand not a wise career move.

Understandable that you're trying to "defend" your brother. Why are you all shirtless?

Who commits shoplifting in an Arabic country when knowing that they'll cut one hand off when they get caught?-w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai

It's not about the drugs, it's about the people. We all know that smoking, alcohol, gambling (and to a certain degree social media) can cause addiction and ruin lives. Yet they are all legal. I'm pretty sure that alcohol and smoking causes more deaths/sad destinys than category 1 drugs. I call bullshit, but that's another discussion. Case in point (without being an advocate for drug use, mind you): Been doing this and that back when I lived back in farangland, always in a controlled manner (perhaps once every second month) and always in a social context. Never felt the compelling need for "another one", and I haven't touched anything in that category of recreationals for more than 6 years now. That comes from a guy who won't eat pain killers unless it's *really* bad.

That said, I'm a smoker, enjoy my occasional single malt, and can't live without 2 cups of coffee in the morning.

No sellers, no buyers? True, but will never happen. If there's a market, there's products and sellers. All it boils down to is the price and how hard it is to purchase.

But doing this in TH? Stupid. Just stupid.

Seems we're both from the same country and you know that I know what happens there when they find such an "amount" of drugs. It might make it to the local newspaper, that's it.

Drug sellers, mostly from other countries play the innocent addicts and enjoy an expensive therapy paid by taxpayers. Okay, that doesn't work either.

Sad is that too many weird guys come to this country and give all of us a bad name. Then they change law by law and make it even harder for others who don't do such bullshit.

Nobody says something about recreationals,. Speed kills.

"Our superintendant asked us to stomp on drugs, so we chased up a lead"

I see, they already had a lead onto a drug dealer, but were not going to chase it until the Superintendant told them to. Looks like they have just had to sacrifice another "tea money source" I wonder how many more that they have up their sleeves.

A whole 8 grams.....this is some Miami Vice stuff right here.

The streets are clean! Well done corrupt Thai police!

A nice little farang trophy to make you look like you are doing something... now you can go back to extorting large cash bribes for far worse crimes committed by Thais.

Heroes.

I trust you have proof of your allegations about "corrupt Thai police." If so, please tell us all about it. If not, just keep your dumb-ass bigoted mouth shut.

I am getting very sick of people making these wild assertions when they are unable to back them up with PROOF. You sound like some sniveling Drug Dealer yourself, as you hide behind your idiotic mask. Just grow up and maybe even grow a half a brain.

• Like 1

What I find interesting about this story is that if the seizure and arrest occurred as reported than there was no judicial oversight which means the police could have easily brought the "stash" in with them.

No mention is made of the police explaining their suspicions to a judge or magistrate and attempting to obtain authorization to search the mans home. The story says the police knocked, identified themselves, entered the mans home and took his drugs. No warrant. No due process. No right to privacy.

Of course I want criminals arrested and put in jail but knowing that the Thai police can enter my home whenever they like, without judicial oversight is the frightening aspect of this story.

• Like 1