Redshirts offer Chiang Mai as alternative capital for Yingluck govt

webfact

If I remember, when Somchai holed up in his northern house,

that was the beginning of the very end of his premiership.

This will remind me of duelling popes in Rome and Avignon,

both will have adherents, but neither will have full authority,

nor recognition by all nations.

I thought there were four popes in the beginning.

All assigned different areas to rule, Rome, Alexandria, Constantinople and Antioch

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These red shirts are blind and ignorant. I wish Thailand would split in to north and south. Let North Thailand be ruled by the Shinawatra dynasty and South Thailand by democracy. Then lets see after a couple of decades who is more advanced.

What are you on? Google Suthep and corruption. Google his plans for an appointed council to run the country until corruption is erradicated (hint = never).

OK say Thailand becomes a federation of autonomous regions with the national government being responsible for defence, fiscal and national economic policy. There are likely to be at least 4 such regions, five if greater Bangkok becomes an autonomous region. 74% of government expenditure is currently spent in the greater Bangkok area. That would change under a federal system of government. Knowing what Bangkokians think of the folk from the North, North East, I doubt there will be any enthusiasm to continue subsidising Bangkok. You can add the folk in the former Sultanate of Pattini to that. They would expect the the taxes they pay, and they do pay a lot of taxes, spent in their region - on them. The big loser would be Bangkok, which would lose the subsidy from the rest of the country.

Bangkok will never be another Singapore.

It will come as a shock to you, but the other main political parties do have support in the North and North East, but not as much as PTP. Nevertheless, they do win seats in local government elections so you can rest assured that while you are enjoying living in shabby gentility under an appointed council, the rest of the country will be free to elect the representatives of their choice and will be prospering.

The North and North East already have access to deep water ports at Da Nang and Yangon and the highway linking those ports is being upgraded. Some of the industries flooded in 2011 relocated to other parts of the country around Khon Kean in the North East. Ground has been broken on a new railway linking the deep water port at Da Nang with Savannakhet and there is already funding in place to build the line from the Thai/Laos border at Mukdahan/Savannakhet to link with the line running through Khon Kaen and Udon Thani to Nong Khai and into Laos.

The loser will be the port of Bangkok. In fact it will be a double loser because when the new deep water port and industrial zone being built in southern Myanmar is completed, it will also take shipping and employment away from the port of Bangkok and the greater Bangkok area.

Are you still keen to see the country broken up?

Google Thaksin and corruption and see how many results you get, jeez :D

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

If there were any rallies against the government, his group would go out and stop them, just as they did to the rallies on January 16.

Yes, because only reds are allowed to protest, especially in Chiang Mai, try to rally here and they will throw everything but the kitchen sink at you. The only thing these thugs know is intimidation, but they aren't nearly as popular as they were.

The loser will be the port of Bangkok. In fact it will be a double loser because when the new deep water port and industrial zone being built in southern Myanmar is completed, it will also take shipping and employment away from the port of Bangkok and the greater Bangkok area.

thaksin is pretty "close" with the dawei project. whistling.gif

These red shirts are blind and ignorant. I wish Thailand would split in to north and south. Let North Thailand be ruled by the Shinawatra dynasty and South Thailand by democracy. Then lets see after a couple of decades who is more advanced.

Thailand would be ruled by a democracyif the fascists in BKK would allow elections. It is small parts of the south that are being denied democracy.

The fascists in the south are following Suthep who does not want elections.

It would be a terrible thing if this great country were to be split.

What planet do you come from.....???Dr Bruce?......they can't even get an election completed...Thailand is not going to be split..only stupid people could even think this way as some are.....are you serious in your post.....and this BS talk of fascists.....it's not Nazi Germany...Russia or Venezuala.....it's Thailand........get real and grow a little.....<deleted>......!

• Like 1

Thailand would be ruled by a democracyif the fascists in BKK would allow elections. It is small parts of the south that are being denied democracy.

The fascists in the south are following Suthep who does not want elections.

It would be a terrible thing if this great country were to be split.

What planet do you come from.....???Dr Bruce?......they can't even get an election completed...Thailand is not going to be split..only stupid people could even think this way as some are.....are you serious in your post.....and this BS talk of fascists.....it's not Nazi Germany...Russia or Venezuala.....it's Thailand........get real and grow a little.....<deleted>......!

Any chance of posting that again in English?

Some of the red brigade members are saying that voting for PTP is the way to go, in the same sentence they are also saying that they do not like the Shinawatra’s very much. Are they forgetting that the PTP is owned by that family. Owning a political party in this part of the world (as Mr. T figured out) is the fastest way to become a multi billionaire.

• Like 2

It makes sense to contemplate a permanent move to CM. It is far more suitable than Bangkok and a move could free the govt of all the hangers on living high on the hog in BKK, at taxpayers expense

They finally might do something about the burning and awful pollution up there if the government does as you say. The big guy since 2003 has had the chance to bring a little change in the air quality to his homeboys but all his supreme efforts in this matter sadly have amounted to nothing.

Over 10 years have passed under our dear leader and everything is still just as backward as when he took office.

Air pollution keeps me from any long stays up north and i suspect anyone with half a brain won't want to move up there in the future. Beautiful area with very nice people and has all the attributes to be a great place to live but nothing has changed and i doubt it will.

If they don't sort out the burning issues then soon there will be an exodus of business people/ residents. Have you ever been there when it's thick with haze?

People are losing patience and want to leave those Northern area's because of the terrible pollution.

I always thought Chiang Mai to be an over-rated dump, so many nicer and less polluted areas of Thailand.

Yes Poo, flee to Chiang Mai. Show how weak your government is and what you think about the rest of the country by hiding out in your home town! You'll have beloved red shirts protecting you and anyone who just whispers something bad about you and your crap family can get beaten up and lynched! Your very own kingdom!

You can go back to your country to instigate killings and lynchings.

Farangs Assassins are not welcomed to Thailand. There are enough problems in Thailand to import bloodthirsty people from abroad

This is the clearest indication so far that the government has lost control of the country and I believe that it’s not the government scope-of-work neither to just relocate the capital out of fear for failing to maintain peace and order. If it’s come to this, then it won’t be too-long before the Junta seize the country once again in order to restore that peace and order.

Edited by MK1

What are you on? Google Suthep and corruption. Google his plans for an appointed council to run the country until corruption is erradicated (hint = never).

OK say Thailand becomes a federation of autonomous regions with the national government being responsible for defence, fiscal and national economic policy. There are likely to be at least 4 such regions, five if greater Bangkok becomes an autonomous region. 74% of government expenditure is currently spent in the greater Bangkok area. That would change under a federal system of government. Knowing what Bangkokians think of the folk from the North, North East, I doubt there will be any enthusiasm to continue subsidising Bangkok. You can add the folk in the former Sultanate of Pattini to that. They would expect the the taxes they pay, and they do pay a lot of taxes, spent in their region - on them. The big loser would be Bangkok, which would lose the subsidy from the rest of the country.

It will come as a shock to you, but the other main political parties do have support in the North and North East, but not as much as PTP. Nevertheless, they do win seats in local government elections so you can rest assured that while you are enjoying living in shabby gentility under an appointed council, the rest of the country will be free to elect the representatives of their choice and will be prospering.

The North and North East already have access to deep water ports at Da Nang and Yangon and the highway linking those ports is being upgraded. Some of the industries flooded in 2011 relocated to other parts of the country around Khon Kean in the North East. Ground has been broken on a new railway linking the deep water port at Da Nang with Savannakhet and there is already funding in place to build the line from the Thai/Laos border at Mukdahan/Savannakhet to link with the line running through Khon Kaen and Udon Thani to Nong Khai and into Laos.

Google Thaksin and corruption and see how many results you get, jeez biggrin.png

Indeed, Thaksin govt, was by far THE LEAST corrupt in the history of Thailand according to Transparency International.

http://www.transparency.org/

Try to do your homeworks better next time. Nice try indeed.

It doesn t mean it wasn;t corrupt, by anyway much better than all the military governments

I can imagine Thailand split in two: The North growing at 10-15% a year and the South and Bangkok without "slaves" working day and night to feed them, starving to death or just killing each others in their violent cities of Bangkok and the South

North Thailand prospering with tons of food , infrastructure, hard working people and NO CRIME.

And don;t worry, if Thaksin or whoever else behaved in the wrong way, he would be ousted by the same people who once voted for him.

Edited by max72
  • Like 2

Yes Poo, flee to Chiang Mai. Show how weak your government is and what you think about the rest of the country by hiding out in your home town! You'll have beloved red shirts protecting you and anyone who just whispers something bad about you and your crap family can get beaten up and lynched! Your very own kingdom!

You can go back to your country to instigate killings and lynchings.

Farangs Assassins are not welcomed to Thailand. There are enough problems in Thailand to import bloodthirsty people from abroad

My gosh! I had no idea Gerry was instigating anything. And a farang assassin to boot! Geez... thanks for pointing it out!

By the way Max, what are you smoking/drinking/sniffing? A combo of smoke/drink/sniff perhaps? Whatever it is, be a good lad and spare us some, would ya?

We could deploy 5,000 to 6,000 guards to provide security for the cabinet members," he said.

And I wonder why Thaksin has not return to his home up North to set up his dynasty with such numerous red guards and security...giggle.gif

And off course the reds ave said that they want Thaksin to be their leader. Nothing about democracy in that! No need to have free and fair elections. North Korea? You've got it!!!!!!!

NO! Better still, why does'nt Suthep have a rally in Chaing Mai. I am sure that they would love to learn what Fascism is all about................go Benito, don't be shy ! thumbsup.gif

I'm sure he'll agree, straight after Thaksin does likewise in Yala! Point is, this country is now so deeply divided that there are no-go areas for politicians/parties - this was created by the Reds actually, who attacked and blocked the Dems from canvassing in the North, not through individual resentment, but through organised action - training a set of people to be violent and brainwashing them into not being willing even to hear any other story or alternatives is nothing to be proud of! And a much better "definition" of fascism as far as I am concerned.

Having said that, I am no fan of Suthep either - and "come out and fight you coward" calls when surrounded by thousands of (or if some of you lot are to be believed - probably by looking at the pictures with your eyes wide shut - 40) supporters, is far from brave either - it's childish, pure and simple.

• Like 1

We could deploy 5,000 to 6,000 guards to provide security for the cabinet members," he said.

And I wonder why Thaksin has not return to his home up North to set up his dynasty with such numerous red guards and security...giggle.gif

And off course the reds ave said that they want Thaksin to be their leader. Nothing about democracy in that! No need to have free and fair elections. North Korea? You've got it!!!!!!!

First of all, you have no idea what NK is. It is absolutely incomparable. Second, bad elections or not, Yingluk was elected by the majority. The majority is stupid? May be but it is still the majority. Splitting the country means a civil war. Do you want Ukraine here? I do not. Remember, if you are a foreigner, you can forget about your little wifey and a fruit farm at the North or friendly girls from Pattaya or your condo in Phuket. Everybody will be affected and farang will take blows from the both sides.

Edited by JHenry
  • Like 2

Google Thaksin and corruption and see how many results you get, jeez biggrin.png

Indeed, Thaksin govt, was by far THE LEAST corrupt in the history of Thailand according to Transparency International.

http://www.transparency.org/

Try to do your homeworks better next time. Nice try indeed.

It doesn t mean it wasn;t corrupt, by anyway much better than all the military governments

I can imagine Thailand split in two: The North growing at 10-15% a year and the South and Bangkok without "slaves" working day and night to feed them, starving to death or just killing each others in their violent cities of Bangkok and the South

North Thailand prospering with tons of food , infrastructure, hard working people and NO CRIME.

And don;t worry, if Thaksin or whoever else behaved in the wrong way, he would be ousted by the same people who once voted for him.

Those "Slaves" mostly come from Cambodia and Myanmar (Burma), so a split would mean nothing in that regard - perhaps a need to hire more to replace any losses. That would reduce costs to the businesses and expatriate a now unemployed person to the North - that helps how?

Crime will follow earnings - so if the North grows by 15% you can guarantee that crime will too - by the way I live in the North, was burgled last year, guess it was a Bangkokian on holiday!

Those of us that lived through here he Thaksin regime, that read the news when it wasn't so convincingly owned (pwned) by the Gov (remember Thaksin forcing out the chief editor of Bangkok Post for allowing an editorial that put him in a bad light), saw just how corrupt he was. Transparency International is not very well respected with their Corruption Index as it is based on 3rd party questionnaires - and thus more related to the efficiency, integrity and accuracy of the 3rd parties, the knowledge of the people taking the questionnaire and the poll group characteristics themselves. Not a great foundation fro an argument.

the red minority in Chang Mai now are telling everyone else what they are going to do, this is just pitifull. The reds in tv have been bitching about the protesters but the red themselves are now telling everyone what they expect to happen. The vote showed that the reds are not the dominant people in the north, just that they are the thugs that run it and if people disagree they are trashed but the voting figures showed that all the people do not agree with the reds. Maybe its time the reds were put to bed, thaksins thugs are just full of sh*t like the ptp and are fast becoming obsolete.

First of all, you have no idea what NK is. It is absolutely incomparable. Second, bad elections or not, Yingluk was elected by the majority. The majority is stupid? May be but it is still the majority. Splitting the country means a civil war. Do you want Ukraine here? I do not. Remember, if you are a foreigner, you can forget about your little wifey and a fruit farm at the North or friendly girls from Pattaya or your condo in Phuket. Everybody will be affected and farang will take blows from the both sides.

The majority isn't stupid, since the majority didn't vote for Yingluck.

First of all, you have no idea what NK is.

Neither have I, never been there, but from what I have read, I don't want it here.

Under the control of one particular man though, he finds that scenario desirable.

And stop that 'elected by the majority' nonsense, little more than a third of the electorate voted for her last time, and even that number is dwindling daily.

Edited by Thaddeus