How can you explain the difference between a westernized girl and a non-westernized Thai girl?

Sojuncoke

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case in point, I took a girl to Bed Supper Club once only to discover she was petrified because in her words 'everyone look down on me'. Yes I felt sorry for her, but I realised then that there is no point trying to date girls like her unless I wanted to never go to nice places.

Everyone's looking for different things of course.

Completely your right to select according to your own criteria, of course, some people are happy to compromise on the youth/beauty/cost side of things to be able to get intelligent conversation, self confidence, etc.

But I would suggest you stop worrying so much about what other people think, especially people who look down on others because of their social class.

Case in point, I took a girl to Bed Supper Club once only to discover she was petrified because in her words 'everyone look down on me'. Yes I felt sorry for her, but I realised then that there is no point trying to date girls like her unless I wanted to never go to nice places.

Everyone's looking for different things of course.

Completely your right to select according to your own criteria, of course, some people are happy to compromise on the youth/beauty/cost side of things to be able to get intelligent conversation, self confidence, etc.

But I would suggest you stop worrying so much about what other people think, especially people who look down on others because of their social class.

I was concerned about how she felt, but I was also concerned about dating her would impact my lifestyle.

No point being with someone who can't enjoy going the the places I like and mixing with the people I want to mix with.

Of course the reverse is true, she took me to some very Thai places (big beer hall type joints with long tables and a Thai band) where the food was great but the only choice of drink was beer or whiskey, but her friends (a dozen or so usually) spoke no English.... Hardly what I would consider a fun night out for me. Although it would have been fun if I could have actually talked to someone.

We are still good friends 3 years on though, just not ever going to be a couple.

Here we go again. Men trying to figure women out. Why? The short answer.... Why should you care about grouping women? Women fall into one category... Scandalous Skanks. Worldwide. Pump and dump them all. Better yet. Ignore them completely. Men have become so pussified and vagizined. Their balls have withered away. Remove ballads, broads and bullshit from your life. Watch your balls grow back. That's why we have these silly, pathetic topics. Todays male feels they need to be the White Knight of Poon. Men need to rise up against the gynocracy and feminazism ruining our world. Men's rights have been brushed aside.

Repeating, Thai women fall into the same worldwide category as all other women.. They are not special. All Scandalous Skanks.

Turok, Dinosaur Hunter

What a load of misogynistic crap.

• Like 1

Westernised women understand that you are part of the Patriarchy and therefore scum.

You should be extremely grateful if she tolerates your presence at all or deigns to accept your money which was obviously obtained through the exploitation and oppression of as yet unenlightened women.

My wife is more "westernized" than any of the other Thai women that I have met. She thinks for herself and discusses her ideas. She is not habitually on the Facebook or the telephone to the exclusion of everything and everyone else. She asks me what I think about things. She "understands" that I am not only looking at other girls, but comparing. She does the same and tells me about her thoughts on the subject. We operate pretty much as equals, with gender specific differences. She uses her "feminine wiles" to change my opinion, and she knows that I know it. I try to please her and she tries to please me. She is open to learning on many levels, food, philosophy, business, etc.

Your post has nothing to do with being "westernized," but rather your preferred traits in women. Are you suggesting that western women aren't habitually on Facebook or the phone? Get real. And "non-westernized" Thai women certainly share their thoughts, try to please, think for herself, etc. Next thing you're going to say is that your wife is westernized because she doesn't like to shop. Please.

• Like 2

A Thai girl, (like many other Asian women) will take care of her man and treat him with love and kindness, as long as he treats her in the same way.

A Western girl can be very demanding without so much giving. They want equal everything with a bonus going to them.

My Western wife was all want, want, want.

My Thai wife gives her all to make me happy and it's not for the money, as it don't have any. She supports me. My Western wife wouldn't have done that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Oishii
  • Like 2

Maybe a 5 hour drive from Klong Toey

Whatever you say 8-)

If that's supposed to refer to where I live, that's actually less than twenty minutes away in midday traffic.

But that's got nothing to do with where I find girls, only do city girls ST and that sort of thing's been very rare for a long while now. . .

Some of them were a more than five hour drive from a decent sized town There is no place in mainland Thailand that is a 5 hour drive from the nearest BigC

How about Umphang? A good 5 hours from the nearest Big C in Tak, so anywhere beyond (e.g. Ti Lor Su) would be even further.

Edited by Stupooey

A Thai girl, (like many other Asian women) will take care of her man and treat him with love and kindness, as long as he treats her in the same way.

A Western girl can be very demanding without so much giving. They want equal everything with a bonus going to them.

My Western wife was all want, want, want.

My Thai wife gives her all to make me happy and it's not for the money, as it don't have any. She supports me. My Western wife wouldn't have done that.

take care of her man and treat him with love and kindness AND subject (as in "the man knows it all" even when he knows jackshit, he the boss).

i admit that western women can be a pain in the ass and can be very demanding but, i have yet to meet ONE (1) thai lady (including the so-called educated ones) who is intellectually on the minimum level i need to feel good in a long-term love relation. if company, food on the table, clean underwear and occasional (uncomplicated!) sex is what u're looking for (no problem with that btw, i might go for that too when i'm 60+) then i guess SE-asian women are indeed the right thing.

edited - in addition to above:

western will say "no"

thai girls will say "up to u" (but she means no) and most farang will take it as a yes (ie. she subjects)

Edited by stickylies
  • Like 2

Here we go again. Men trying to figure women out. Why? The short answer.... Why should you care about grouping women? Women fall into one category... Scandalous Skanks. Worldwide. Pump and dump them all. Better yet. Ignore them completely. Men have become so pussified and vagizined. Their balls have withered away. Remove ballads, broads and bullshit from your life. Watch your balls grow back. That's why we have these silly, pathetic topics. Todays male feels they need to be the White Knight of Poon. Men need to rise up against the gynocracy and feminazism ruining our world. Men's rights have been brushed aside.

Repeating, Thai women fall into the same worldwide category as all other women.. They are not special. All Scandalous Skanks.

Turok, Dinosaur Hunter

Well, someone got out of bed on the wrong side, or maybe missing his Westernised, (without the "Z") ladyboy.

Turok, Dinosaur Hunter

Well, someone got out of bed on the wrong side, or maybe missing his Westernised, (without the "Z") ladyboy.

You must have been treated very badly by the women you met.

What a completely absurd question. However not one that surprises me coming from someone on the Thai Visa forum...or should I say Thai Sexpat [Ahem] Forum. Thailand IS a so-called Westernized country. Some cultural differences aside, Thais do basically the same things as Westerners in terms of socializing and dress. If you want to contrast this with a so-called non-Westernized country, spend some time in Riyadh, Kabul or Islamabad. The views so often expressed on these forums never cease to amaze me with regards to the extent of the ignorance they highlight on the part of many of the members, and are often so appalling they make physically cringe a times. One of the most irritating things about the obvious Sexpat elements contributing to the forums is that they assume all other Westerners are - like themselves - Sexpats. The kind of people who make me embarrassed to be a Westerner here sometimes.

Personally, I like more Westernized Thai women because I can actually have interesting conversations with them. If you want a non-Westernized girl, try Djibouti, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, etc. There are also some indigenous Amazonian tribes you could check out.

Edited by jackspade

My wife is more "westernized" than any of the other Thai women that I have met. She thinks for herself and discusses her ideas. She is not habitually on the Facebook or the telephone to the exclusion of everything and everyone else. She asks me what I think about things. She "understands" that I am not only looking at other girls, but comparing. She does the same and tells me about her thoughts on the subject. We operate pretty much as equals, with gender specific differences. She uses her "feminine wiles" to change my opinion, and she knows that I know it. I try to please her and she tries to please me. She is open to learning on many levels, food, philosophy, business, etc.

Was starting to think I was in a minority of one, thanks maderaroja for restoring my faith in human nature, there is at least one other person out there that shares my thoughts on this subject.

What a completely absurd question. However not one that surprises me coming from someone on the Thai Visa forum...or should I say Thai Sexpat [Ahem] Forum. Thailand IS a so-called Westernized country. Some cultural differences aside, Thais do basically the same things as Westerners in terms of socializing and dress. If you want to contrast this with a so-called non-Westernized country, spend some time in Riyadh, Kabul or Islamabad. The views so often expressed on these forums never cease to amaze me with regards to the extent of the ignorance they highlight on the part of many of the members, and are often so appalling they make physically cringe a times. One of the most irritating things about the obvious Sexpat elements contributing to the forums is that they assume all other Westerners are - like themselves - Sexpats. The kind of people who make me embarrassed to be a Westerner here sometimes.

ahh bless ya saint Steven..

Sent from my HTC One mini using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would think truly westernized Thai girls wouldn't even be living in Thailand, but would reside in the west. They would be no different than a western girl, except in appearance. I have heard the term "banana" used in the USA to describe Asian girls in America: yellow on the outside, white on the inside.

Thai girls never really get westernised. They still wai their parents for god sake.

The difference: Thai girls are more service oriented to THEIR men, cooking, cleaning, getting "stuff" - I got up from sofa to get a bottle of coke-a-cola, she is at the fridge before I can take two steps - no "headaches" licklips.gif at night. Then again, still on honeymoon after 6 months.

Me, being of American / Italian background, had a problem with "her" cooking Italian style spaghetti. Solved, she cooks Thai and other food, I cook Italian food - once a week. House chores, she gets ONE day a week off work - I do chores this day, took me several months to get her to agree. ( She has the days food pre cooked whistling.gif )

The thing I don't like, is her going out in the middle of the night ALONE to go to the store - 10 to15 mins round trip. If I run out of smokes or coke-a-cola, out the door she goes the second she knows I am out. I can NOT pound it into her head, we both can go beatdeadhorse.gif .

Short answer for 'damo': Thai women are wai.gif service oriented wai.gif , they take care of THEIR man as a natural way of life...period.

On "old men" - I am 68 she is 52

I believe my Thai girl is "Westernized" as well as many in her family, and My best friend Thai girl is more "typical" Thai.

Each number has the difference between.

My Thai girl:

1, She like to be in the sun, on the beach in Bikini and getting tanned.

2, She hates thai pling plong music.

3, She never watch Thai TV series with those added bing-boing sounds, Seldom watch Thai TV at all.

4, She does not cook food (that much) prefer to purchase pre-done on the way home.

5, She passes those small white houses with red fanta and food, without paying any attention at all.

6, If there is boobs on TV she tells me so I won't miss.

7, She is not noticeable jealous, (just a tiny bit during our first years together).

8, She loves karaoke, but has to be western music.

My Friend's Thai girl.

1, She hates the sun, sit in the shade, if out in the water it is with cloths on.

2, She loves Pling Plong Music

3, Always watch Thai tv series with added sound effects, and only TV to watch is Thai

4, Cooks food all the time. And cooks food for 10 people even if they are only two in the household.

5, She stops and bows for a few sec at all those small houses for the spirits. Hunks the horn if passes with a car on the countyside.

6, If there is boobs on TV she covers my friends eyes.

7, She is quite jealous.

8, She loves karaoke, but has to be Thai music.

I prefer your friends' Thai girl :)

• Like 1

Personally, I like more Westernized Thai women because I can actually have interesting conversations with them. If you want a non-Westernized girl, try Djibouti, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, etc. There are also some indigenous Amazonian tribes you could check out.

''Personally, I like more Westernized Thai women because I can actually have interesting conversations with them''

Interesting conversations, as in babytalk/immature ?

I find even the so called ''westernised Thai girls'' still have a baby-like mindset. Honestly can't compare to a caucasian (example) woman in let's say, Belgium.