racism among expats in thailand

yanyk

It's same in the US, minorities are generally more racist than the majority

Of course, it's their way of attaining more power. And with cultural marxism pigeonholing the white man, demoralizing him and trying to wipe him out of existence being the dominant ideology, it's no wonder. It's very easy to exploit the whole PC and racism thing by screaming "racist" everytime someone says or does anything you disagree with, which just devalues the whole term even further. It's even easier if said individual happens to be white, because cultural marxism despises white people and white men in particular.

Or maybe you're just a racist.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chinese, Cambodians, even Nigerians all have their own organisations, churches or other places of worship etc. but white people almost invariably go it alone and have no support mechanism when living abroad. Sad really.

I strongly disagree.

With the its sad white guys go it alone thing that is.

Involve your self in a community, that just means more people that will try lend money off you, more money that goes to gifts and such that involve people you dont really know, invite/ attract more trouble in the long run

Extended family just means more people that will try and sponge off you if you are doing better than them. also just attracts more trouble in the end

China is wealthy and powerful given its size, but then divide that by number of inhabitants, most of the country is still really third world.

Money is the best form of security, and most people only go by what they see, hiding that wealth is smarter

I roll my eyes everytime I hear someone say "Oh, not all thai men are the same" like its some big revelation. Yes I course I know that. 100% of them are not the same....but 90% of them <deleted> are.

Could not give a rats backside what thai men think, nor whether I'll be "accepted" by thai people.

There are no opportunities for kids in thailand, totally irrelevant if by the time mine grow up they have a regular income stream from my investments, which in part are fatter, because Im not going to listen to all this crap, outlay a bunch of money for lame things for people that wouldnt give a crap even if I was thai.

Is 'fleeing the nanny states' a euphemism for 'can't get laid at home', now?

That one gets tired as well

Seriously come visit Australia, see what most of the women look like

Even the hot ones, never seem to last past 23, whole country is too fat

You got maybe 10% between 18-23 and thats about it

Most could throw themselves at me,beg, still wouldnt touch them

Of course, it's their way of attaining more power. And with cultural marxism pigeonholing the white man, demoralizing him and trying to wipe him out of existence being the dominant ideology, it's no wonder. It's very easy to exploit the whole PC and racism thing by screaming "racist" everytime someone says or does anything you disagree with, which just devalues the whole term even further. It's even easier if said individual happens to be white, because cultural marxism despises white people and white men in particular.

So rather than address what was said, you just attack the person that said it?

If you go through a tunnel in Nana there is a bar with a sign that says "No Africa Man."

i have seen that. its on the opposite side of the street to nana plaza, between the bts and and the plaza.

i will try to get a map image and post it here so people can pinpoint the location.

The Chinese, Cambodians, even Nigerians all have their own organisations, churches or other places of worship etc. but white people almost invariably go it alone and have no support mechanism when living abroad. Sad really.

I strongly disagree.

Involve your self in a community, that just means more people that will try lend money off you, more money that goes to gifts and such that involve people you dont really know, invite/ attract more trouble in the long run

Extended family just means more people that will try and sponge off you if you are doing better than them. also just attracts more trouble in the end

China is wealthy and powerful given its size, but then divide that by number of inhabitants, most of the country is still really third world.

Money is the best form of security, and most people only go by what they see, hiding that wealth is smarter

I roll my eyes everytime I hear someone say "Oh, not all thai men are the same" like its some big revelation. Yes I course I know that. 100% of them are not the same....but 90% of them <deleted> are.

Could not give a rats backside what thai men think, nor whether I'll be "accepted" by thai people.

There are no opportunities for kids in thailand, totally irrelevant if by the time mine grow up they have a regular income stream from my investments, which in part are fatter, because Im not going to listen to all this crap, outlay a bunch of money for lame things for people that wouldnt give a crap even if I was thai.

Yes it's true that there is little to no solidarity amongst white people. White people would rather become spokespersons advocating for the rights of strangers who happen to be non-white (such as Africans) trying to demand an end to (perceived or actual) discrimination suffered by someone who is non-white, while totally ignoring their own interests. It makes white people feel good about themselves. By contrast, no black man would ever in his wildest dreams point out discrimination suffered by a white person, he would simply dismiss it and laugh it off. Or even justify it, based on historical reasons.

That's why it's so rare to see white people in large groups anywhere outside of the west (Russians excepted as I've already pointed out) because white people can't stand each other, much less band together and start an organization that acts in their interests. And of course I'm not referring to the racist, fascist organisations of the past but rather legitimate organisations like say the "westerner's society of Thailand" that would advocate for easier visas, no more dual pricing (especially for residents) and things like this.

Sure you may not care about whether you fit into Thai society or not but if you're always alone it's very easy to become disillusioned and lonely not knowing where you fit in.

I agree that even Thais don't care so much about each other, but when push comes to shove, if a foreigner comes into the picture it's very easy for Thais to band together in an "us vs. them" scenario. Also, when Thais move to the west, even only temporary for their studies for example, they all seem to magically find a Thai community to be part of, whether it's a Wat gathering, or being members of the Thai students society (or if that doesn't exist then the Asian students society). Nothing of the sort has ever existed for westerners in Thailand or any other non-western country to the best of my knowledge.

So rather than address what was said, you just attack the person that said it?

He knows what I said is the truth, but the truth scares the bejesus out of PC critters like SoiBiker. It's just so much easier to sing "la la la la" and scream "RACIST" than listen, examine the facts and realise the only racist is the one who knows nothing more than to devalue a term to something that no longer carries it's original meaning.

You're full of it.

You accuse non-whites

of being eager to play

the racism card while

ignoring the same

tendencies in white

people in Thailand.

Dual pricing? Racism!

Immigration rules? Racism

Show ID? Racism

Traffic stop? Racism

Your pompous ramblings

only serve to highlight

your misplaced sense

of superiority as you

pretend to be qualified

as some sort of

authority on the matter.

You're full of it.

You accuse non-whites

of being eager to play

the racism card while

ignoring the same

tendencies in white

people in Thailand.

Dual pricing? Racism!

Immigration rules? Racism

Show ID? Racism

Traffic stop? Racism

Your pompous ramblings

only serve to highlight

your misplaced sense

of superiority as you

pretend to be qualified

as some sort of

authority on the matter.

So how does attacking your opponent personally further your argument?

How does accusing one minority group of playing the race card excuse another minority for playing the race card?

So how does attacking your opponent personally further your argument?

How does accusing one minority group of playing the race card excuse another minority for playing the race card?

First question, it

doesn't. Second

question, again, it

doesn't. His omission,

left unchallenged,

might leave the more

stupid TV members

with the impression

that only the white

man is above playing

the victim card. I just

made sure they don't

have that impression.

This is, after all, the

white man who

categorically states

what a black person

would or wouldn't do

if he saw a white

person subjected to

racism.

By contrast, no black man would ever in his wildest dreams point out discrimination suffered by a white person, he would simply dismiss it and laugh it off. Or even justify it, based on historical reasons.

I strongly disagree.

Yes it's true that there is little to no solidarity amongst white people. White people would rather become spokespersons advocating for the rights of strangers who happen to be non-white (such as Africans) trying to demand an end to (perceived or actual) discrimination suffered by someone who is non-white, while totally ignoring their own interests. It makes white people feel good about themselves. By contrast, no black man would ever in his wildest dreams point out discrimination suffered by a white person, he would simply dismiss it and laugh it off. Or even justify it, based on historical reasons.

That's why it's so rare to see white people in large groups anywhere outside of the west (Russians excepted as I've already pointed out) because white people can't stand each other, much less band together and start an organization that acts in their interests. And of course I'm not referring to the racist, fascist organisations of the past but rather legitimate organisations like say the "westerner's society of Thailand" that would advocate for easier visas, no more dual pricing (especially for residents) and things like this.

Sure you may not care about whether you fit into Thai society or not but if you're always alone it's very easy to become disillusioned and lonely not knowing where you fit in.

I agree that even Thais don't care so much about each other, but when push comes to shove, if a foreigner comes into the picture it's very easy for Thais to band together in an "us vs. them" scenario. Also, when Thais move to the west, even only temporary for their studies for example, they all seem to magically find a Thai community to be part of, whether it's a Wat gathering, or being members of the Thai students society (or if that doesn't exist then the Asian students society). Nothing of the sort has ever existed for westerners in Thailand or any other non-western country to the best of my knowledge.

Mmm, yes

I dont really see it as a negative thing, white guys being loners as it were

As for disillusioned and lonely, personally I just have to work, go nuts if I didnt, Just goes by personality type, for some that void that needs to be filled is people, some its just keeping busy regardless of people

Are you one of those annoying Black or Indian people who think that every person they meet on the street is somehow entitled to accommodate them and be their friend - or otherwise it's racism...? You need to grow up... That attitude is actually plain idiotic, you are plain deluded... people have a good reason to stay away from you because you are en extremely self-centered tactless idiot...

I personally would hate to be dragged away into some casual conversation with a person I never met before and I didn't set up a meeting for any purpose... I don't care if it's black or white or yellow... it's just seems only the black/brown types that like to get in your face in an extremely obnoxious way and when you ignore them - they assume it's racism and they start going mental about it. Btw if you ask me for directions( no matter what race) - I will probably help you - it's common courtesy, but that's not what happens - the brown/black types for some reason start acting really weird like they've known me my whole life - they completely lack manners or people's skills, act very rude can get extremely paranoid very quickly - and then they whine that nobody likes them. YOU have to make effort to adapt to people, get some manners, some tact and maybe change your approach - nobody has to like you... and in most cases with Blacks there's not much to like you for in the first place, and going around the streets harassing people and then getting offended when people start running away from you - I think you need a clue that you are a problem here...

It would be extremely easy to befriend me if you meet me in the street somewhere( even though I'm not into this thing usually), but you have to know exactly how to act and what to say... and it doesn't matter what race you are. I think the blacks are just not really interested in learning anything about other races and people, they don't ever want to change anything about themselves and then they complain that nobody likes them...lol that's extremely self-centered and hypocritical. Nobody came to this world to baby you, if people don't want you around because they don't have time, or are not interested in you - it's because YOU haven't demonstrated enough interest about yourself in the first place... You either need to change or stop wasting everybody's time and just get lost...

Are you one of those annoying Black or Indian people who think that every person they meet on the street is somehow entitled to accommodate them and be their friend - or otherwise it's racism...? You need to grow up... That attitude is actually plain idiotic, you are plain deluded... people have a good reason to stay away from you because you are en extremely self-centered tactless idiot...

I personally would hate to be dragged away into some casual conversation with a person I never met before and I didn't set up a meeting for any purpose... I don't care if it's black or white or yellow... it's just seems only the black/brown types that like to get in your face in an extremely obnoxious way and when you ignore them - they assume it's racism and they start going mental about it. Btw if you ask me for directions( no matter what race) - I will probably help you - it's common courtesy, but that's not what happens - the brown/black types for some reason start acting really weird like they've known me my whole life - they completely lack manners or people's skills, act very rude can get extremely paranoid very quickly - and then they whine that nobody likes them. YOU have to make effort to adapt to people, get some manners, some tact and maybe change your approach - nobody has to like you... and in most cases with Blacks there's not much to like you for in the first place, and going around the streets harassing people and then getting offended when people start running away from you - I think you need a clue that you are a problem here...

It would be extremely easy to befriend me if you meet me in the street somewhere( even though I'm not into this thing usually), but you have to know exactly how to act and what to say... and it doesn't matter what race you are. I think the blacks are just not really interested in learning anything about other races and people, they don't ever want to change anything about themselves and then they complain that nobody likes them...lol that's extremely self-centered and hypocritical. Nobody came to this world to baby you, if people don't want you around because they don't have time, or are not interested in you - it's because YOU haven't demonstrated enough interest about yourself in the first place... You either need to change or stop wasting everybody's time and just get lost...

Are you on of those racist white people that thinks he knows everything about.....

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this.

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this.

That has never stopped you before....

Off topic remarks and flame removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

When I start walking up to random Blacks or Thais, or Indian ( just because they are either Black or Thai or Indian) in the street and demand that they open their bags for inspection - then maybe you can call me a hypocrite... until then you are the one's with a problem, a huge problem if you ask me :) When either Black or other race deny their friendship to me I never make any fuss about it - it's not a problem, then why is it always "racism" when I show disinterest in spending time with either Black or Indian? Like I have no right to manage my own time anymore lol??

I think a lot of blacks and Indians, and actually Thais are interested in spending time with me or luring some information out of me, instead of asking politely for something - they often and almost always force themselves upon you, and when you politely deny them in this extremely inappropriate approach for some reason people scream "racism"... lol They are the one's being racist, not me... I just defend my own precious time and my ability to use it as *I* see fit, and it's just normal, not racist. When people try to steal my time and my company without invitation - then it's robbery in broad daylight, and it should be defined as such...

I'm not a bigot at all, I treat everybody equal. If any white person was acting the same way with me - they would get exactly the same treatment... but for some reason it never happens. Unless it was a White Girl, or any girl, you know - I'm willing to make concessions for the opposite sex, I assume it's just a natural biological reaction - the girls can't help it, - but in all other cases it's a waste of my time... either make an appointment, or be super polite when you are trying to take something from me which is mine and you are definitely not entitled to.

Ten years in Thailand have never seen racism against anyone, except from Thais to anyone that isnt Thai. 2nd post in a month for the OP stating he feels racism exists, firstly from potential employees and now expats. Sometimes it isnt down to ones colour or culture that they are rejected or not particulary liked but down to the way the individual comes accross.......and sometimes it is imaginary. Would be nice OP if you post the 'highest forms of racism' you have experienced so wehave more of an idea what you are going through.

like no thai have ever called me a NIGGA, i dress well like a teacher that i'm. i have sat down with expats and they say,hey man what are u doing here (in Thailand) i reply i'm a teacher' i see they all looked each other..and one stupid one asked..'are u kidding me? what school? and i don't have a job?....i cant really count these meetings..i applied through and agency to get a teaching job, they bluntly told me that the agency will never put a black man on their radar..i told him i was in a school that don't really care about color but want to only take me if i had an agency buy they still refused

That's the beauty of Thailand.

Telling a black from the U.S.?? to his face, of no chance of being hired.. And it's not breaking any discrimination laws..

If you feel you're being discriminated against, go back to your home country, not Africa, but where you were born.

Better paying jobs back in the States anyway... Because it sure sounds like you won't be getting a job here...

When I start walking up to random Blacks or Thais, or Indian ( just because they are either Black or Thai or Indian) in the street and demand that they open their bags for inspection - then maybe you can call me a hypocrite... until then you are the one's with a problem, a huge problem if you ask me :) When either Black or other race deny their friendship to me I never make any fuss about it - it's not a problem, then why is it always "racism" when I show disinterest in spending time with either Black or Indian? Like I have no right to manage my own time anymore lol??

I think a lot of blacks and Indians, and actually Thais are interested in spending time with me or luring some information out of me, instead of asking politely for something - they often and almost always force themselves upon you, and when you politely deny them in this extremely inappropriate approach for some reason people scream "racism"... lol They are the one's being racist, not me... I just defend my own precious time and my ability to use it as *I* see fit, and it's just normal, not racist. When people try to steal my time and my company without invitation - then it's robbery in broad daylight, and it should be defined as such...

I'm not a bigot at all, I treat everybody equal. If any white person was acting the same way with me - they would get exactly the same treatment... but for some reason it never happens. Unless it was a White Girl, or any girl, you know - I'm willing to make concessions for the opposite sex, I assume it's just a natural biological reaction - the girls can't help it, - but in all other cases it's a waste of my time... either make an appointment, or be super polite when you are trying to take something from me which is mine and you are definitely not entitled to.

You certainly sound like a bigot. And a weird one at that.

I'm not a bigot at all, I treat everybody equal. If any white person was acting the same way with me - they would get exactly the same treatment... but for some reason it never happens.

Well you'd need to leave your local KKK chapter club room and meet other white people

It'd probably happen then

I'm not a bigot at all, I treat everybody equal. If any white person was acting the same way with me - they would get exactly the same treatment... but for some reason it never happens.

Well you'd need to leave your local KKK chapter club room and meet other white people

Lol whatever, I have run into some weird white people ( call it whatever you like), no doubt, but still the odds are 8 or 9 out of 10 they are actually ok. As for the Indians specifically... lol, would you really like to know what the odds are if you are doing any kind of business with them? So far in my life the data I have accumulated - 10 out of 10 Indians are likely to cheat you somehow, with could cause financial losses, damage to your health or even fatal consequences for yourself... I'm sure they are a good bunch of people to have around... haha. I literally never met an Indian who didn't sc*rew me over somehow, literally never...

I bought a bike once from an Indian who guaranteed to have fully serviced and tuned it - he kept repeating it again and again till I finally fell for it. A day later I almost had a fatal accident as the breaks turned out to be completely faulty as I was going downhill at 40 mph, I missed a huge truck by just a split second, It was still a rather painful impact into the curb for me, but at least I didn't die... just got bruised. If I report this incident here for example - does that make me racist?

One time I bought a TV from an Indian, who promised it was in perfect working order, but later upon closer inspection it turned out the TV had blurred double image, which was impossible to fix and made it really annoying to watch, which I'm sure the Indian knew perfectly well about. If I report this - am I racist?

Or here in Bangkok, I ordered a suit from an Indian, but when it was finally ready - it turned out they switched to the cheaper material, and when I raised an issue about it - they just started getting very aggressive - and btw I kept the sample of the original material but it didn't help at all with the argument - they didn't want to know anything about it even when I presented the sample of the original material right in front of them...

And once I walked into a random Pizza place, it turned out to be run by Indians. I ordered just a couple of slices, and one slice turned out to have a giant stone in it, but small enough to be hidden in a pizza - I chipped my tooth on it as I was eating it - which could cost thousands of dollars to fix, I was only left to wonder if it was an honest mistake or if they put that stone there on purpose - because it's the first Indian Pizza place I've ever been to and I never met any of them before... Years later it's still the only chipped tooth I have, and all because I was stupid enough to walk into an Indian Pizza place... I couldn't even raise an issue over it - because I thought people would just accuse me of being racist and paranoid... my chipped tooth is the only evidence I have to this day...

After all these absolutely uncalled for and horrible experiences in a row one after the other - I'm supposed to believe that they are just some good honest people like any other? lol

It's just funny. I would've thought that if Indians and blacks are so bad, then a hell of a lot more white folks would be speaking about them as you do.

In the absence of that, I have little choice but to conclude that you must be the problem.

Maybe you look like an easy mark, maybe you look too friendly or maybe you just look like someone they want to punch out

I guess in your world, white folks don't con, cheat or steal. One has to wonder why you would leave such a world for a country full of brown people

Oh wait, let me guess

Lol whatever, I have run into some weird white people ( call it whatever you like), no doubt, but still the odds are 8 or 9 out of 10 they are actually ok. As for the Indians specifically... lol, would you really like to know what the odds are if you are doing any kind of business with them? So far in my life the data I have accumulated - 10 out of 10 Indians are likely to cheat you somehow, with could cause financial losses, damage to your health or even fatal consequences for yourself... I'm sure they are a good bunch of people to have around... haha. I literally never met an Indian who didn't sc*rew me over somehow, literally never...

I bought a bike once from an Indian who guaranteed to have fully serviced and tuned it - he kept repeating it again and again till I finally fell for it. A day later I almost had a fatal accident as the breaks turned out to be completely faulty as I was going downhill at 40 mph, I missed a huge truck by just a split second, It was still a rather painful impact into the curb for me, but at least I didn't die... just got bruised. If I report this incident here for example - does that make me racist?

One time I bought a TV from an Indian, who promised it was in perfect working order, but later upon closer inspection it turned out the TV had blurred double image, which was impossible to fix and made it really annoying to watch, which I'm sure the Indian knew perfectly well about. If I report this - am I racist?

Or here in Bangkok, I ordered a suit from an Indian, but when it was finally ready - it turned out they switched to the cheaper material, and when I raised an issue about it - they just started getting very aggressive - and btw I kept the sample of the original material but it didn't help at all with the argument - they didn't want to know anything about it even when I presented the sample of the original material right in front of them...

And once I walked into a random Pizza place, it turned out to be run by Indians. I ordered just a couple of slices, and one slice turned out to have a giant stone in it, but small enough to be hidden in a pizza - I chipped my tooth on it as I was eating it - which could cost thousands of dollars to fix, I was only left to wonder if it was an honest mistake or if they put that stone there on purpose - because it's the first Indian Pizza place I've ever been to and I never met any of them before... Years later it's still the only chipped tooth I have, and all because I was stupid enough to walk into an Indian Pizza place... I couldn't even raise an issue over it - because I thought people would just accuse me of being racist and paranoid... my chipped tooth is the only evidence I have to this day...

After all these absolutely uncalled for and horrible experiences in a row one after the other - I'm supposed to believe that they are just some good honest people like any other? lol

fool me once..shame on you..fool me twice...shame on me..

You can go back in history as far as you like... the only reason the world population never rose above 1 billion in the past was because the bacteria inhabiting this planet always managed to systemically decimate the human population around the world and keep it at a more or less constant level. Thanks to Penicillin today we have an excess of 6 billion people living on this planet, this excess in itself is 6 times more than the whole population of the planet at the date of discovery of Penicillin. This whole excess of 6 billion people was created thanks to some White looking weirdo working in his weird lab not so long ago... I'm just curious where does that really put you in the whole chain of importance of things in this world as opposed to what you would like to imagine it to be...