Border run Ban Pakard

I have just done a border run to Ban Pakard, we left from the sportmans bar soi 13 pattaya.

The price was 2.200 baht which includes the visa, a free breakfast a packed lunch and a beer when you

return. Left pattaya at 6.45 am and returned at 15 00 pm.

The mini bus was a six seater with tv and they are very comfortable and a sensible driver.

Ahhh.... fond memories of all my border runs to this point. Especially missing them now as I'm on an Ed Visa and running low on Absolut Vodka sad.png

I have never paid more than 2000 all inclusive for the trip but that didn't include breakfast or the beer on return.

Most operators include lunch at a rest-stop and give you a complimentary bottle of water.

Most operators also drive like maniacs so best to eat light laugh.png

• 2 months later...

Sorry Ubonjoe but that has left me confused. I thought land border runs to get another 30 day visa exempt stamp were stopped now?

Not everybody is going for a 30 visa exempt stamp.

Most people doing border runs have double/triple entry tourist visas or multi entry non O visas, etc issued from their home country before they arrived in Thailand.

You can still do a border run for a visa exempt entry or to obtain an entry from a valid visa at any border crossing.

Whether you are able to get a new visa exempt entry or not will depend upon how many you already have.

Many thanks Ubonjoe . I have four as my gf happens to live in the area so it was (too) easy just to go there and see the family and get another stamp. Will fly out and then get myself sorted . Thanks again

It is still open for border crossings to get a new entry. It is a border run not a visa run you cannot get a visa at a border crossing.

If you arrive with a multi entry visa then what would you call that ??

It is still open for border crossings to get a new entry. It is a border run not a visa run you cannot get a visa at a border crossing.

If you arrive with a multi entry visa then what would you call that ??

It is called getting a new entry from a valid visa. You can only get a visa from an embassy or consulate..

• Like 1

And nationalities who gain a visa on arrival ??

I seem to have miss understood the terminology we are using here.. I believed it was..

Border run.. Going to the border to gain a 30 day visa exempt stamp. What you do if you dont have or want a visa.

Visa run. Either going to the border to reset the counter on any valid multiple entry visa, or gain a visa on arrival for those that receive one.. Or leaving the country to an embassy or consul to get a new visa issued.

I dont really see how going to the border to reset your visa when your permission to stay is running out isnt a visa run.

But ce la vie.

Getting a VOA is not an option at any border crossing with Cambodia. I didn't include that rarity in my posts.

A visa run is going to an embassy or consulate to get a visa.

A border run is just going to a border to obtain a new entry of any type.

• Like 1

I have just done a border run to Ban Pakard, we left from the sportmans bar soi 13 pattaya.

When my friend did the Sportsman run a couple of years ago, he went to Ban Laem, price has not changed much.

Update from Bangkok Best Vida Service at Soi 12 re. PoiPet Border...

1.Today Poi Pet border gave extension only 7 days new rules .

2. If someone first time never been to poi pet before immigration will extension only 7 days.

3. If you have Tourist visa Double entry ,Non-O Multiple ,Non-B ( multiple ) you can cross

4. Without Thai visa stamp only 7 days

2. If someone first time never been to poi pet before immigration will extension only 7 days.

3. If you have Tourist visa Double entry ,Non-O Multiple ,Non-B ( multiple ) you can cross

IF accurate, this is a new development. Poster is saying Poipet simply not allowing "border runs" (specific use of the term intended...) anymore AT ALL, and will only give the 7-day permissions. (Please note, I'm being specific here; I KNOW this doesn't apply to actual visa-holders.) This is even more restrictive than the official announcements (hence I'm just a bit skeptical).

Edited by hawker9000

IF accurate, this is a new development. Poster is saying Poipet simply not allowing "border runs" (specific use of the term intended...) anymore AT ALL, and will only give the 7-day permissions. (Please note, I'm being specific here; I KNOW this doesn't apply to actual visa-holders.) This is even more restrictive than the official announcements (hence I'm just a bit skeptical).

Read point 3 above again. Also something may lost be due to poor English.

So sorry but so:if i will go there tomorrow for a 30 days visa run,with a one previous visa run,without any kind of visa,can i still get 30 days more or not?Thanks a lot

Based on the information that thesweetsoul got from a "visa run" company and posted above, you cannot get a new new visa-exempt permission to stay for 30 days at the Poipet border tomorrow.

You should be able to get this service for Bt. 1,900 in Pattaya, water and lunch stop included.

Suppose it depends on wether you want the breakfast and beer.

I know someone who has used several companies and he settled on the Sportsman, and ignored the breakfast.

Read point 3 above again. Also something may lost be due to poor English.

Read my post again. I wasn't talking about those with tourist visas. Sheesh - and I thought I was making it painfully clear...