The 90 day Immigration check-in. A list of what they want to see?

I am retired, married to a Thai with a one year visa, obtained with no difficulty in my home country. My first 90 days reporting comes up next month (March). A few questions.

1. Can I do the 90 day thing at any Thai Immigration office? I am in Chonburi area

2. Do I just roll up on the day

3. Should I go a couple of days early in case they want some extra info?

4. What should I take?

I am guessing home country bank statements showing monthly income, local bank pass book, showing money transfers into LOS, My Passport, (Obviously), Wife & her house book? What else??

There must be a list somewhere but not sure where to look.

Thanks.in advance

It really depends on the office you are using what you need to bring.

Most offices it is just showing passport and TM-card if you go by yourself. (You can report 15 days early and up to 7 days late).

Most offices also allow you to report by mail, than it is filling in the form, copy of passport and permission to stay and copy of arrival card and you also put in a self addressed envelope with stamp affixed.

Some offices will want to have a copy of passport and arrival card, even if you go in person. While I have also heard of some wanting to see the work permit/copy of that if based on employment.

As above. The 90-day report is simply a report of your current address, required for any foreigner who spends more than 90 consecutive days in Thailand. It is nothing directly connected with your visa. Therefore you just need your passport, and to fill in form TM 47, which you pick up at the immigration office when you arrive .

It is just about possible that you might need a proof of address, although I have never been asked for one in the 10 times or so that I have done it, so if you have something with your address on you might as well take it.

Jomtien require proof of address - although they usually let you off first time.

Yes, Jomtien have wanted the application and photocopies of the main page of passport, your current extension (or permission) of stay stamp, departure card and some proof of address.

Having said that, the last two times I went in I saw the woman officer who has the computer terminal and she returned the photocopies to me "to bring next time."

Edited by Suradit69

Jomtien require proof of address - although they usually let you off first time.

Yes, Jomtien have wanted the application and photocopies of the main page of passport, your current extension of stay stamp, departure card and some proof of address.

Having said that, the last two times I went in I saw the woman officer who has the computer terminal and she returned the photocopies to me "to bring next time."

Yes, and when I did mine she said that I could use them for the next 90 day reporting.

She did not indicate that they were not required.

Excuse my ignorance...but if the OP has a VISA acquired in his home country then it is actually a VISA and NOT an Extension

of stay issued in Thailand, Therefore doesn’t that require him to exit Thailand (border run) every 90 days, unless it’s an OA type visa ?,

or am i reading this wrong?.

Edited by firefox999uk

There is a little copy shop just to the left before you go in, if you want to save hassle go there first they will fill in the form, do the required photocopy for a small tip, and yes as someone said a copy of a bill with your address on is neede.

Go to the front desk inside and get a number for the 90 day reporting deak, go about 3pm is more quite, all very painless.

People don't seem to dress up to go, but I always wear long trousers when I go

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Excuse my ignorance...but if the OP has a VISA acquired in his home country then it is actually a VISA and NOT an Extension

of stay issued in Thailand, Therefore doesn’t that require him to exit Thailand (border run) every 90 days, unless it’s an OA type visa ?,

Nope. One year visa based on retirement or marriage or one year extension of stay based on retirement or marriage the 90 day check in process is the same.

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages

- front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.

- current visa

- last entry stamp of immigration

- last extension of visa

2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to your local immigration office

7. Notice :

- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.

- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)

- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

• The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.
  • If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.
  • If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

Source: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

• Like 1

Deerhunter

Sri Ratcha will be a lot closer and far quieter than jomtein, from memory the 90 day desk is a seperate door to the right of the main office.

as queried in post 8 do you have a one year permission to stay stamp in your passport ( non immigrant 'O''A' visa) or a 90 day permission to stay stamp ( non imm 'O' visa)

Wow. Thanks for that. Much simpler than I thought. I think I have to go to Chacheongsao or Pattaya from Chonburi area I might do the first time in person & then by mail..

What type of visa do you have. Do you have a OA visa that gives you a one year entry or a multiple entry non-o visa.that gives you a 90 day entry.

If you have a OA visa and live in the Chonburi city area you would report to Sirracha immigration.

If a non-o you should be making border runs every 90 days.

Wow. Thanks for that. Much simpler than I thought. I think I have to go to Chacheongsao or Pattaya from Chonburi area I might do the first time in person & then by mail..

You should report to the Imm' Office that covers your address, e.g, I live in Roi Et but have to report to Amnat Charoen which is the official office for all in Roi Et province. The only time I have reported outside of Amnat is when I have been on holiday (in Thailand) and I have had to take proof of my hotel address along when submitting my 90 day report to the nearest Imm' office.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nope. One year visa based on retirement or marriage or one year extension of stay based on retirement or marriage the 90 day check in process is the same.

incorrect 90 day check in process is NOT the same. visa based on marriage is a non o, requires 90day border run firefox99uk you are correct

• Like 1

incorrect 90 day check in process is NOT the same. visa based on marriage is a non o, requires 90day border run firefox99uk you are correct

Really. Thanks for the correction. I learned something new today.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are actually 3 ways you can do 90 day reporting.

1) Go along personally. All you SHOULD need is the

- your passport with the immigration card,

- your previous 90 day TM 47 receipt if you have not left the country within the previous 180 days,

- your newly completed TM 47

- yourself.

2) By post. See Mario2008's well documented and laid-out posting above

3) Have someone else go alone for you. All the should need is the same as for 1) except, of course, yourself.

I understand some offices don't accept 3) and those in our area covering Korat, Buriram and Surin go deaf or instantly loose all knowledge of English when asked for the offices postal address.

They also only bother to use the computer when it suits them but that is for all types of applications. Possibly due to TOT, (lack of) invoice payment, man who knows where the switch is hasn't reported for work or any one or more of numerous other reasons.

It is a 1 year Multiple entry Non Res O-A visa, valid until a date in November 2014. As it is my first time I will obviously not have a previous receipt.

Which brings me to the question. Do I have to pay something? I guess so.

Special thanks to Mario2008

When you arrived in Thailand immigration will have stamped your passport with an arrival date, at the bottom of that stamp they write a date next to the printed words 'admitted till'. It is this date which determines when you need to leave Thailand, or arrange an extension. If the date is November 2014 then reports of your address every 90 days are required, but if, as I suspect, they have admitted for 3 months from the date of your arrival then would need to leave by that date or arrange a border run to gain a further 3 months.

It is a 1 year Multiple entry Non Res O-A visa, valid until a date in November 2014. As it is my first time I will obviously not have a previous receipt.

What is the date on the 'permitted to stay until' stamp, not the validity date of the visa?

This is the stamp you received when you entered the country?

That would depend upon your date of entry. If it has been 90 days or less it would not be a problem.

It would also depend upon the immigration officer doing it. An explanation that you did not know about the rule until it was to late might get you out of the 2000 baht fine.

Just fill out the TM47 form and go to immigration. Download: http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm47.pdf

I am still not sure which office you need to go to. Where are you living now?

My visa is dated November 2013 in my home country. Not long after that, I arrived in Thailand and the entry stamp has two dates. “Admitted” being one date late 2013, and “until” is a date one day short of exactly one year later in 2014. Both dates use international year format (not Thai format.) After a brief process at the immigration desk, my immigration officer called an associate and I was taken to wait outside an office for 5-10 minutes. During this time my Thai wife arrived and when my passport was brought back to me I was told my visa had been logged into the immigration computer now. This meant I could leave the country at any time but I did not have to leave for visa runs. My visa was valid for 1 year but I would have to “report” every 90 days and renew my visa or leave at the end of the year. My visa says “Non Immigrant O-A” valid for 1 year, " No of Entry"- “M” which I take to mean “multiple.”

So far as I am concerned, it's pretty straightforward. I have an invoice for some IT products delivered to my home address here so I will scan that & take a copy with me for proof of address as per suggestions. I will certainly do the first one in person. Thank you all for the help.

All my stamps are day, month, year. The month is an is is the abbreviation of the month in English. For example today is 23 Feb. 2014.

Your entry date is the admitted date. You need to count 90 days including that date. You are allowed to report up to 7 days late including the the report date in your count.

As long as you do an entry before the enter before date of your visa you will get another one year entry.

"My visa was valid for 1 year but I would have to “report” every 90 days and renew my visa"

The visa will not and cannot be "renewed"

All that is requested by immigration is that you report your address every 90 days whilst in the Kingdom.