Bank Staff Criticised For Rejecting Redshirts Deposits

Lite Beer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No excuse for refusing a costumer based on the colour of his shirt, if what reds said is true(should be easy to determin from CCTV) off with the employees heads.

I know exactly what went on here and I wasn't there

First of all lets establish that banks have rules and they are bound by the rules both concerning money deposits and the running of the branches themselves.

These rules apply to everyone including redshirts

The redshirt customers entered to bank with a wad of cash and demanded to open an account, they were asked where the money came from and to provide evidence at which point they became abusive to staff, remember rules and laws don't apply to redshirts or so they think, believing they shouldn't have to provide any evidence "YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE - WE ARE REDSHIRTS" the whole thing went apeshit

I'll lay money on it the above is pretty close to what happened

• Like 2

No excuse for refusing a costumer based on the colour of his shirt, if what reds said is true(should be easy to determin from CCTV) off with the employees heads.

First of all lets establish that banks have rules and they are bound by the rules both concerning money deposits and the running of the branches themselves.

The redshirt customers entered to bank with a wad of cash and demanded to open an account, they were asked where the money came from and to provide evidence at which point they became abusive to staff, remember rules and laws don't apply to redshirts or so they think, believing they shouldn't have to provide any evidence "YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE - WE ARE REDSHIRTS" the whole thing went apeshit

That sounds more realistic than a woman employee starting randomly picking a fight with 40 redshirts. Let's see what the videotapes says.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That's cute. It's the same as SC Hotel denying Luang Pu Buddha entry to the hotel even though he already made a booking eh? whistling.gif

• Like 2

That sounds more realistic than a woman employee starting randomly picking a fight with 40 redshirts. Let's see what the videotapes says.

here is the channel 3 news link video, about 8.30 (mods please leave as it is video proof as requested)

http://www.thaitv3.com/%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7/27885/71/%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B7%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B5%E0%B9%89-%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%AF-%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B9%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%93%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B4--%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%87-%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%93%E0%B8%B0--%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%87-%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%8C-%E0%B8%98%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%AA-%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%99%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9D%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B7%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AD%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%87--%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%98%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%8A%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B2--%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C-%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%99-%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%93%E0%B9%8C-%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%95%E0%B9%8C-fb-%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%94%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%9B%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A1-%E0%B8%9B-%E0%B8%9B-%E0%B8%8A-.html

Basically the bank tried to inform the Phua Thai MP ( guy on stairs) and his supporters that even if they open accounts and put their money in it would not help the farmers as that money has to come from the government, depositors money is not used for rice pledging payments.

I would suggest the Bank manager was trying to stop a money withdrawal run like GSB had.

This is a flimsy ploy by Nattawhut to get his scheme started were an account is opened were normal thai people deposit money to pay the rice scheme (how that would work has not been explained)

It seems that Pheu Thai MP Prasert Chantraruangthong does not suffer from hunger.
30 Million in cash. Nice.
Why he not simple donates this money for needy farmers with no food on the table?

I think this is just a PR stunt.
But the question of where all the money is coming from remains open.

All taxed properly?

That's cute. It's the same as SC Hotel denying Luang Pu Buddha entry to the hotel even though he already made a booking eh? whistling.gif

I would fire an employee who denies a service to a legitimate costumer based on his own personal dislike. Now if the demands or behaviour of the costumer are unacceptable that is another story.

• Like 1

Banks have policies for new accounts. If these people were in compliance with the bank's policies, you open up the accounts and move on. If they were in compliance and were turned away for political reasons, that is discrimination and open to lawsuits.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Need you misrepresent everything, Buddha demanded 120,000 baht for being denied lodging the hotel paid it!

Red shirts asked for bank clarification, no answer.

Seems like Thaskin is fair-er to all people!

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

Surely the unasked part of this story is where a local red MP got 30 million baht in readies for a publicity stunt?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The unasked question of you is why you didn't read the article properly before you splurtted out you bizarre colletion of words.

It said a GROUP (meaning more than one person) wanted to deposit THEIR money, meaning the money belonging to a group of people who numbered more that 2 or three presumably as it it was a such a low number of people they would have said so.

So easy if you know engilsh meaning of GROUP or THEIR.

so, onto your next pointless point

If a group of people or individuals want to withdraw THEIR OWN MONEY from any bank that they use it is up to them and has nothing to do with you, me or anybody else.

If you wish to comment on peoples standard of English then become a teacher and do so in a classroom and not on a forum.

I assume that you will be able to read, understand and comprehend my comments. If not then please tell me how and where I am incorrect.

These sort of stupid stunts can see a run on the BAAC as well, which only has 110 billion liquidity because the government have snatched away 180 billion liquidity already. It won't take much to break that bank either.

That bank is state backed, it will not "break". All of this is a yet another stunt.

• Like 1

The poor rice farmers (assuming you're referring to them) have made more money in the past 3 years selling their rice to the government than they would have made by selling it to the rice mills that have ripped them off for the past decades.

For normal rice, they got about 10,500 Baht per tonne at the rice mills, while the government paid them 15,000 per tonne. For Hom Mali rice, the government even pays 20,000 Baht.

They didn't get "rich", but I don't think the government promised that anywhere. They however did get more money over the past years than they would have gotten by selling the rice to the rip-off mills.

The rice scheme has worked well for them for the past 3 years. I see people screaming that the government is bankrupt due to the rice scheme and that's just not the truth. There are many reputable sources that state quite the contrary. The Thai government is far from bankrupt. What you lose with one government program, you make up for with the next.

I am not saying that the rice scheme doesn't lose money, but anyone that thinks every government program only makes money and none of them lose any clearly has no idea. There are government programs in the US and EU that also lose money, but they make up for those losses elsewhere.

And what was the world market price?

the Miller and exporter has to make money as well.

ripped them off.. right!!

Agriculture subsidies occur all over the world true. But most help rather than hinder .. Thailand has gone from number 1 rice exporter to number 3. With the reputation of Thai high quality rice shattered due in the inefficiency and corruption endemic in the scheme. .. I don't think any one has a major problem with a well thought out agriculture subsidy scheme.

Also why was it only rice farmers that got the bulk of subsidies??

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Instead of complaining about what Puea Thai hasn't done for this country, you should compare them with others like the Democrats before them.

I am not saying Puea Thai is perfect, but the best of the available options. If a better party comes along, I will gladly reconsider my opinion but it just doesn't exist right now.

And I stand by my opinion that the rice millers are ripping the farmers off, but it's like that in other countries as well, not just Thailand.

Normal Thai rice sells for about $1.70 per kilo in Europe, which is $1700 per tonne. Thai farmers get about $320 per tonne.

There isn't a whole lot done to the rice from when the farmers deliver it until it lands at the grocery store. Certainly not enough to justify a 500% increase.

Of course, other people might have a different opinion, but that's just mine.

Please tell everybody what Puea Thai HAS done for the country and ALL the Thai people, with proof of course as I am sure that you would not tell a lie.

I for one will be glad to know.

• Like 1

However, when Mr. Prasert and his group arrived at a local BAAC branch to deposit their money, a female bank official shouted "No! Get out!" at the Redshirts.

The guy can't even think up a reasonable lie. One lone Thai women abused 50 redshirts, come on who makes thinks this stuff up.

The poor rice farmers (assuming you're referring to them) have made more money in the past 3 years selling their rice to the government than they would have made by selling it to the rice mills that have ripped them off for the past decades.

For normal rice, they got about 10,500 Baht per tonne at the rice mills, while the government paid them 15,000 per tonne. For Hom Mali rice, the government even pays 20,000 Baht.

They didn't get "rich", but I don't think the government promised that anywhere. They however did get more money over the past years than they would have gotten by selling the rice to the rip-off mills.

The rice scheme has worked well for them for the past 3 years. I see people screaming that the government is bankrupt due to the rice scheme and that's just not the truth. There are many reputable sources that state quite the contrary. The Thai government is far from bankrupt. What you lose with one government program, you make up for with the next.

I am not saying that the rice scheme doesn't lose money, but anyone that thinks every government program only makes money and none of them lose any clearly has no idea. There are government programs in the US and EU that also lose money, but they make up for those losses elsewhere.

Agriculture subsidies occur all over the world true. But most help rather than hinder .. Thailand has gone from number 1 rice exporter to number 3. With the reputation of Thai high quality rice shattered due in the inefficiency and corruption endemic in the scheme. .. I don't think any one has a major problem with a well thought out agriculture subsidy scheme.

Instead of complaining about what Puea Thai hasn't done for this country, you should compare them with others like the Democrats before them.

I am not saying Puea Thai is perfect, but the best of the available options. If a better party comes along, I will gladly reconsider my opinion but it just doesn't exist right now.

And I stand by my opinion that the rice millers are ripping the farmers off, but it's like that in other countries as well, not just Thailand.

Normal Thai rice sells for about $1.70 per kilo in Europe, which is $1700 per tonne. Thai farmers get about $320 per tonne.

There isn't a whole lot done to the rice from when the farmers deliver it until it lands at the grocery store. Certainly not enough to justify a 500% increase.

Please tell everybody what Puea Thai HAS done for the country and ALL the Thai people, with proof of course as I am sure that you would not tell a lie.

I for one will be glad to know.

Take a look at post 61# but better still do a little of your own research and you may well have a re-think of your political views???

However, when Mr. Prasert and his group arrived at a local BAAC branch to deposit their money, a female bank official shouted "No! Get out!" at the Redshirts.

The guy can't even think up a reasonable lie. One lone Thai women abused 50 redshirts, come on who makes thinks this stuff up.

She might have been a big woman and that was enough to scare the redshirts off.

These sort of stupid stunts can see a run on the BAAC as well, which only has 110 billion liquidity because the government have snatched away 180 billion liquidity already. It won't take much to break that bank either.

That bank is state backed, it will not "break". All of this is a yet another stunt.

I'm not saying this state bank will go bust. But your faith that state banks never goes bust is not well founded.

Many state banks go bust and have done throughout history

It would seem that both you and Kiko have NO understanding of world commodities markets. European supermarket prices have NO bearing on world rice prices. See this website for updated rice prices.

http://oryza.com/reports/oryza-wri/oryza-white-rice-index-%E2%80%93-global-weather-forecasters-monitor-signs-el-ni%C3%B1o-while

Thai rice is currently $430 per ton DOWN from a 2011 peak at $570. And an average of about $460.

Please get your facts right!

Not so Thai Banks. This country is unique, in having never been colonized. I knew that anyway, but I have just finished reading Abhisits speech in which he reminded everyone again.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm not saying this state bank will go bust. But your faith that state banks never goes bust is not well founded.

Many state banks go bust and have done throughout history

The poster was referring to this bank. It will not go bust, if only to avoid the loss of government face.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

i remember 10 years ago thai's would bang on about how a thai loves a thai, a thai will never hurt a thai, blah blah... how far we have come.

A good friend of mine (an executive and a major shareholder at Bangkok Bank told me get out and start your luck somewhere else. No foreigners will destroy Thailand but it will be one day that Thai's will destroy this country). This was in 1997 and finally I get his point, 15 years later.

This has already already become a non event you can watch the vid on you tube, same as GSB its a non event it isnt a sustained bank run just knee jerk reaction, its over it already with more than enough in reserve plus its also had time to shore itself up now.

YouTube link please? I can't find it...

Thanks!!

Pawpcorn

Methinks there is more to this story than is being reported, otherwise makes no sense at all to turn down deposits.

It makes a lot of sense.

This deposit was meant to be symbolic to encourage other government supporters to throw their cash into the BAAC for the specific reason of pushing up liquidity so that the BAAC can once again pay the farmers on behalf of the government.

This would almost certainly put the BAAC into the position that the GSB were in last week, and that is not a position the BAAC want to be in.

They would not have welcomed these sort of deposits with strings attached that can start a run on the bank from depositers who neither support the government nor the failed rice scheme.

They should have 290 bn liquidity, but have already loaned the government 180 bn this year to pay the red shirt farmers from Chiang Mai etc... But they are down to 110 bn and had to refuse the government any more loan extensions.

A run on the BAAC would almost definitely put them out of business in a week.

They are basically refusing to be 'strong-armed' into a position they know will kill them.

What the hell anyway... Is a Pheu Thai MP thinking by leading this sort of stunt? They saw what their handywork already did to GSB, why put other banks into the same position?

If anyone is using the farmer's plight as a political tool.... It is the PTP, and it is them who put the farmers into the shit in the first place.

What a bunch of disgusting and inhuman vagabonds.... It's no wonder they get on so well with the red shirts...

Birds of a feather... flock together.

Why shouldn't he deposit money there. Was it proven to be stolen or something?. He has a dog in the fight and he's backing it, just as those who made the withdrawls did.

By the way i can assure you i am not a "red shirt farang terrorist" as you so eloquently spoke of in a previous post. Just posing the question.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Methinks there is more to this story than is being reported, otherwise makes no sense at all to turn down deposits.

It makes a lot of sense.

This deposit was meant to be symbolic to encourage other government supporters to throw their cash into the BAAC for the specific reason of pushing up liquidity so that the BAAC can once again pay the farmers on behalf of the government.

This would almost certainly put the BAAC into the position that the GSB were in last week, and that is not a position the BAAC want to be in.

They would not have welcomed these sort of deposits with strings attached that can start a run on the bank from depositers who neither support the government nor the failed rice scheme.

They should have 290 bn liquidity, but have already loaned the government 180 bn this year to pay the red shirt farmers from Chiang Mai etc... But they are down to 110 bn and had to refuse the government any more loan extensions.

A run on the BAAC would almost definitely put them out of business in a week.

They are basically refusing to be 'strong-armed' into a position they know will kill them.

What the hell anyway... Is a Pheu Thai MP thinking by leading this sort of stunt? They saw what their handywork already did to GSB, why put other banks into the same position?

If anyone is using the farmer's plight as a political tool.... It is the PTP, and it is them who put the farmers into the shit in the first place.

What a bunch of disgusting and inhuman vagabonds.... It's no wonder they get on so well with the red shirts...

Birds of a feather... flock together.

Why shouldn't he deposit money there. Was it proven to be stolen or something?. He has a dog in the fight and he's backing it, just as those who made the withdrawls did.

By the way i can assure you i am not a "red shirt farang terrorist" as you so eloquently spoke of in a previous post. Just posing the question.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Why shouldn't he they deposit money there. Was it proven to be stolen or something?"

He/they were Red Shirts, this was a politically motivated stunt, do you actually believe that money was kosher?