Scores of people injured in bomb attack during anti-government rally in Trat

Lite Beer

The important point her are that several members (and leaders) of the red movement condone killing of peaceful demonstrators and bystanders, including children. I assume that any poster on this forum defending the two latest bombings also condone killing children for their political sympathies.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that Admin should carefully look at the IP addresses of these "January joiners" who have suddenly crept out of the woodwork to so vociferously support the present administration.

I find it difficult to believe that these 7 or 8 people have been living in Thailand so long, and then suddenly decide to join this Forum.

Also their hateful postings are not really typical of how we guests in this Country should express ourselves.

Perhaps it isn't 7 or 8 but just 1 person?

Those protesters are risking their lives, and sleeping out in tents for what they believe will lead to a better Thailand.

We are here simply because we prefer it here than to our home Country; better weather, lower cost of living or whatever. The protesters do not have that choice.

No intelligent person can possibly defend the incompetence, nepotism and corruption of this present Government, let alone the fact that is openly controlled by a fugitive from justice, hiding out in Dubai.

So the what are the motives of these "January joiners" ?

Money? Irretrievable stupidity?

I appreciate the work that Admin does in collating and presenting these news reports, but perhaps comments should not be permitted on them as they only seem to lead to acrimony due to the behaviour of a very small number of posters?

The same thing is happening on other forums where these issues are discussed. The Thailand forum on newmandala is flooded with red propaganda. Any posting there critical to the reds is flooded with "no likes". I assume this is Thaksin's propaganda machinery at work.

About the "No Likes" part, one of the usual suspects admitted of tampering with online polls, link here.

So: anyone who posts views which are not in accordance with yours should be banned?

You have bought into Sutheps brave new world haven't you!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG

The important point her are that several members (and leaders) of the red movement condone killing of peaceful demonstrators and bystanders, including children. I assume that any poster on this forum defending the two latest bombings also condone killing children for their political sympathies.

You assume wrong. I abhor bombings and political violence. I condemn it.

I continue to support the right of the Thai people to be governed by the government they elect, and not by one appointed by a shadowy group of wealthy establishment figures, backed by a politicised military and fronted by a foul mouthed ranting political thug, who has nothing but contempt for a large proportion, arguably a majority, of the Thai people.

• Like 1

RT@waanspeaking RT @nikhon_: (A) red shirt leader said on stage in Korat he/she was gratified by attack at PDRC Trat stage. Tida had to stop him/her.

Nothing to add...

Anyone know specifically who this was?

Bad PR for Thida that

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I disagree, I think that her stepping-in & stopping the speaker, shows that she hasn't quite sold-out totally, and still has a few vestiges of decency left ?

I recall she used to declare, she was a Red-Shirt but no great fan of the Big Boss himself, wonder what she thinks these days ?

In that video, a policeman was on stage and basically said the casualties were a payback. It was sick to see them clapping for this comment. But Thida stepped in and told him not to say that and that violence is not acceptable. Another guy stepped in and apologized for the policeman, saying he was just upset at all the policemen who have been injured. A good gesture on Thida's part.

As for thaivisa members condoning violence? It won't be allowed. A few members are now on long and/or permanent posting holidays due to this. Please show some respect.

• Like 1

So: anyone who posts views which are not in accordance with yours should be banned?

You have bought into Sutheps brave new world haven't you!

Are you advocating that we all here should put up with deranged foreigners and Thais who are trying to condone and justify murder of innocent children just because they happened to belong to parents who have different political views than you?

A lot of nonsense has been posted on this forum. From both sides of the divide. But it seems that this forum has now reached the lowest point of all time. Anyone who remotely tries to justify cowardly murder of innocent children regardless of their political views should be immediately banned for whatever amount of time. People get some perspective.

• Like 2

No I am not advocating that. If a post crosses a line drawn by the moderators, then it is quite rightly removed.

That is very different from banning people because they do not agree with you, or because you do not like what they say.

Edited by JAG

Nonsense.....................

Nobody condones any killings.

You are just making an inflammatory troll.

Edited by philw

Non sense.....................

Why is it nonsense (no space)

Red shirts cheered when it was announced, go ahead, defend that.

• Like 1

This is when police is not allowed to maintain law and order and enforcing the rule of law. It looks like more coming. The judges of courts are responsible.

YOU ARE SICK...

The perpetrators are responsible.

The police are ALLOWED to enforce the law - they just have to do it LAWFULLY!

I think you ARE SICK when calling people sick for expressing opinion. My comment was in response to Scores of people injured in bomb attack during anti-government rally in Trat

The police was told by the judges of civil court that they are not allowed to disperse protesters and not allowed to search protest sites claiming that the protests have been peaceful and unarmed. These are two of the nine orders of the judges.

The police have been exercising utmost restraint, patient, and tolerance and used negotiation to clear illegal structures and activities that violated and threatened the lives of the public. They were met with resistance and obstruction despite negotiation.

If the CC and civil court judges think the activities carried up by the dem's pdrc/pcad were peaceful and unarmed, than we are going to see more of such 'peaceful protest' activities. I hope the judges will rule equally to all groups who adopted the dem's pdrc/pcad method of 'peaceful protest'.

Who are the perpetrators do not seem to matter anymore.

Your usual rhetoric, however you should at least base your arguments on truth not fabrications.

The restrictions made by the Civil Court relate ONLY to the State of Emergency and the areas in which it is invoked.

Last time I looked Trat was not in Bangkok or the immediate surrounding areas where the SOE is in place.

The police have NO excuse according to your stated arguments in Trat right???

Don't edit other peoples post and please do try harder to hide your agenda............

It's nonsense because nobody in their right mind applauds the death of a child.

The endless exaggerated politicising on TV from folks like you with ceaseless hatred is very tiresome.

( UK spelling, no space.......)

• Like 1

Don't edit other peoples post and please do try harder to hide your agenda............

The endless exaggerated politicising on TV from folks like you with ceaseless hatred is very tiresome.

Right mind or not, they did. Watch the video.

Wow, 14 pages of posts by people who were not there, have no information except sketchy news reports, giving their two cents about something they know little about.

Why is this all so shocking. The PDRC is in effect trying to lead a revolution. It is not about straightening out the government anymore and bringing about reforms. It is about pushing the current government out and setting up another government of unelected officials. The PDRC has been unable to dislodge the government and should have gone to the table to negotiate reforms. Why is it shocking that violence is erupting? Many no longer see the PDRC as a peaceful group trying to lead peaceful protest. It has gone beyond this and I don't find it so hard to understand that this is a power struggle. The PDRC wants to take over power from the current government. Its leaders don't particularly worry about the safety of the few if they can have their way and gain power. Defending one side or the other is academic. In my mind Yingluck and current government has done everything up to a point that the PDRC wanted except hand them the keys to the government and say "It's yours". No government would have allowed a "peaceful" protest to take over streets and intersections for weeks and months. The PDRC has disrupted things long enough and refused to negotiate anything. They are doing nothing at this point except trying to whip people into a frenzy with days of speeches. They have made their point. Now finish the election and see if the PDRC has made its case. People are getting angry. Like it or not anger leads to violence. Not so shocking to me.

• Like 1

Wow, 14 pages of posts by people who were not there, have no information except sketchy news reports, giving their two cents about something they know little about.

Why is this all so shocking. The PDRC is in effect trying to lead a revolution. It is not about straightening out the government anymore and bringing about reforms. It is about pushing the current government out and setting up another government of unelected officials. The PDRC has been unable to dislodge the government and should have gone to the table to negotiate reforms. Why is it shocking that violence is erupting? Many no longer see the PDRC as a peaceful group trying to lead peaceful protest. It has gone beyond this and I don't find it so hard to understand that this is a power struggle. The PDRC wants to take over power from the current government. Its leaders don't particularly worry about the safety of the few if they can have their way and gain power. Defending one side or the other is academic. In my mind Yingluck and current government has done everything up to a point that the PDRC wanted except hand them the keys to the government and say "It's yours". No government would have allowed a "peaceful" protest to take over streets and intersections for weeks and months. The PDRC has disrupted things long enough and refused to negotiate anything. They are doing nothing at this point except trying to whip people into a frenzy with days of speeches. They have made their point. Now finish the election and see if the PDRC has made its case. People are getting angry. Like it or not anger leads to violence. Not so shocking to me.

Any red condoning violence and condoning the murder of little children,

Move on, nothing to see here. rolleyes.gif

Did you mean to say, "another red condoning violence and condoning the murder of little children"?

I don't read anywhere in Trouble's post where he condones what you allege. I could of course be wrong, considering that English is not my first language, and would welcome instruction that you would care to give. Then again, maybe English is not your first language either and you could therefore be forgiven for coming to the conclusion that you did.

Right mind or not, they did. Watch the video.

It is truly disgusting, the red shirt leader that tried to exploit the deaths of the innocents in Trat. I am therefore, so glad and relieved that Thida immediately stepped in to publicly reprimand him.

Did anyone reprimand that doctor that volunteered to perform vaginal surgery on YL?

Did anyone reprimand Suthep for any of the things that he said that was way out of line?

It seems to me that in this particular respect at least, the UDD has shown themselves to be more matured and civic minded.

Did you mean to say, "another red condoning violence and condoning the murder of little children"?

I don't read anywhere in Trouble's post where he condones what you allege. I could of course be wrong, considering that English is not my first language, and would welcome instruction that you would care to give. Then again, maybe English is not your first language either and you could therefore be forgiven for coming to the conclusion that you did.

Let's see, people are blown up and children die. But his post is a long rant about the PRDC doing this and that without one word condemning the violence nor is it surprising that violence is shocking. My English is good enough to read what I read. Maybe he miswrote what he meant to say. whistling.gif

Let's see, people are blown up and children die. But his post is a long rant about the PRDC doing this and that without one word condemning the violence nor is it surprising that violence is shocking. My English is good enough to read what I read. Maybe he miswrote what he meant to say. whistling.gif

Like you, I condemn the attacks. Trouble may not have condemn the attacks in his post but neither did he condone it. Shouldn't you retract your criticism?

I didn't edit anything, you edited your own post a minute after I quoted it.

You want to talk about having an agenda, look a little closer to home.

THAKSIN has much to answer for,

His sister and their avaricious co-horts as well.

I think I understand your views against the Shins for the rice pledging scheme their opponents rail against and so much else opponents find objectionable about the "red" governments over the past decade. You would however know I don't share your views.

I trust you understand my views against the courts and the bureaucracy that continually interpose themselves against democratically elected governments to nullify legitimate elections and the will of the people. I would of course also know you don't share my viewpoints.

Trat governor declares attack site terrorism disaster zone

The Nation

Trat Governor Benjawan Anplueng Sunday declared Khao Saming district a disaster zone affected by terrorism so that her provincial administration can speed up compensations to the victims.

She said the injured victims will each receive Bt2,500 in compensation and the family of the slain victim will receive Bt25,000 worth of compensation.

Speaking at a press conference, the governor said the attack Saturday night at the rally site of the People's Democratic Reform Committee killed a five-year-old-girl and injured 34 other persons.

The injured victims are 17 men, 14 women and three children.

The governor said the slain victim was shot at her head and the bullet pierced through her neck. She was a daughter of Supaporn Pinja. The girl was playing at the spot while the mother was washing dishes at a noodle stall.

After the press conference, the governor visited the injured at the Trat Hospitasl.

Trat police chief Pol Maj Gen Thisathat Buranarat said police are still trying to find more information about the attackers.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-23

Given that the Trat Governor has declared this incident a major act of terrorism, and the ongoing and continual bombings of courthouses, under the 1997 Constitution, Yingluck now has grounds to implement an SOE. Unfortunately, it's not the SOE PTP wants. The current conditions would justify the implementation of an SOE decree designed to protect peaceful rallies and the courthouses from attacks. It would give the police the right to stop and frisk people and to search vehicles nearing the rally sites and courthouses. That's how an SOE works under the Constitution. It isn't designed to abridge the constitutional right of protest, but to protect the citizens from acts of terrorism and war. PTP needs a major lesson in civics.

The army needs to seal the border with Cambodia to stop the terrorists coming in.

It's not the PM at fault (as so many seem to feel on TV) she won an election and tried to govern, but the crazies of both camps. The reds see their overwhelming election victory's overturned by judges who make it abundantly clear that they back the yellows. This enrages the crazies to take up arms against the innocents, we saw much the same thing after the yellows when in government felt against the wall and started shooting up Bangkok. I just hope both sides can one day accept an elected government to implement a fair constitution and then everyone uphold the rule of law.

Nonsense.....................

Nobody condones any killings.

Post # 335 says otherwise.

Trat?!?!

I thought all the anti-government protesters were rich elite in Bangkok or radical Deep Southerners according to several TV experts.

Sad to say!

When they stray out of their stronghold of Bangkok, and attempt to recreate in other parts of the country the havoc they created in Bangkok under the protection of the Rich E.E allies, they will be met with resistance,

Cheers

As weird as this post is, kikoman has a point. While the reds will accept anti-government demonstrations in the capital, they turn to violence when people in the provinces turn against them. This is a behavior they have shown earlier, although not as strongly as in this case. If the impression of massive support from the provinces vane, the whole concept of broad support for Thaksin will disappear. The cadres have to be kept in line, or else they must die. The great masters Pol Pot and Mao Zedong have shown how to do this. The reds of Thailand are just following their example.

Yes, sadly, and to everyone's detriment

Trat?!?!

I thought all the anti-government protesters were rich elite in Bangkok or radical Deep Southerners according to several TV experts.

Sad to say!

When they stray out of their stronghold of Bangkok, and attempt to recreate in other parts of the country the havoc they created in Bangkok under the protection of the Rich E.E allies, they will be met with resistance,

Cheers

You sound quite pleased this happened to the PDRC. You and your likes have some maladjusted thinking if you really believe this kind of violence is ok.

Just because they attacked someone who thinks and feels differently about politics doesnt make it ok to hurt them. Next you will be thinking its ok to kill someone if they dont follow the REDS.

If it is your way or no way then you are the beginnings of a Hitler regime.

My suggestion to kikoman and jollyman and other who feel this way is to seek emergency psycholigical medical treatment

Im sure the doctors can find a cure for RED BLINDNESS.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hey hey easy there brutus ...

If you organise a protest that holds a city hostage to the dictatorial opinion of a tiny minority, strong arm and intimidate people just doing their jobs into closing their businesses, causing the financial ruin of hundreds of tourism businesses, stop people from exercising their RIGHT to vote, chasing away investors, threatening people with violence (poptart mercenaries ... yes they are mercenaries) and showing off about it, then you are going to make a lot of people angry and provoke an equally violent response .... and if you hang around people who do this, then you MUST expect exactly this kind of thing to happen ... its not a good thing at all, but you must expect it.

I say, if you kick a dog often enough then you have no right to complain when it bites you.

I regret terribly that children have been hurt, but in all honesty what kind of parent takes a child into such a potentially violent situation? If Suthep really cared he'd send them home, but the coward wants his human shields.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Last time I looked Bangkok was not being held hostage; that is a gross misrepresentation of reality.

On the other hand, I was here when weapons toting Reds were burning Bangkok at the behest of Jutaporn and his band of thieves. No comparison really.

TV, while never the home of the gifted debater, has descended of late into a pathetic mouthpiece for red trolls. This particular thread contains some of the most vile I have read in recent times. I am appalled to be an expat living in Thailand, knowing that there are people like some of the regular red apologists and red astroturfing "noobs" who carry such warped and distorted views and with whom I might actually share citizenship.

I was recently warned for calling someone a clueless *****, I thought it a particularly restrained and technically accurate comment given the rabid and uninformed views held by so many red apologists here.

I think I shall retire from reading the mindless drivel here for a while and go do charity work up country, where no-one has been paid for the October crop and they are all basically starving or in the clutches of the loan sharks. It is all to pathetic to contemplate, and the blame can be fairly and objectively placed in exactly one place. Not that doing so will help anything.

A pox on the red apologists here who are more deserving of my ire and contempt than any group I care to name at this moment.

• Like 2

All violence must be condemned.

From this common point we can look back at events leading up to this and some common things.

Firstly, children should not be anywhere near to political protests, and protest leaders should discourange parents taking children to politicial protests. Sadly protest leaders see children and old people and monks as their "human shields" and so do not discourage irresponsible parents from taking children. They then milk the media should a child get hurt or worst still killed.

Secondly, it is disgraceful for Suthep and the PDRC to be mocking the police and government claiming they have popcorn warriers defending them who will kill and shoot police. This outrageous behaviour will stop many police from being too close to and therefore protecting protestors and protests. This outrageous behaviour will incite violence from a core element of Thai society that is violent. We all know that some police are linked with criminals, as are the Army as are the Elite of Bangkok as are politicians of all parties (just like the PDRC have thier popcorn warriers). They all have the power to put their criminal friends into gear to go out and shoot and kill for them - the outrageous mocking and batiing by Suthep has perhaps (and maybe not) led to this attack. Everyone should hang their heads in shame, the person who should do so the most is Suthep, his speeches of the last days have led to this.

Thirdly, its is disgraceful to read people accuse red shirts of doing this. Without a single shred of evidence they feel they can justify their own hate by blaiming the people they hate for doing something like this. Many people have been wronged by the PDRC and their protests. The police, the government, many business owners, many companies, many powerful politicians, many individuals, many voters or would be voters expressing their desire for democracy - there is a very long list of millions of people who feel they have been wronged by the PDRC's antics.

Fourthly there is always the potential for people who want military intervention to do false flag attacks to support this.

Nobody knows the truth as it stands and nobody knows who is to blame, but everyone has to condemn violence and condemn those who openly speak of supporting violence or having armed people in thier midst ready to shoot and kill.

In my opinion all of that, of course.

Firstly: Go have a look at the place where this happened. It was in the middle of a village with many roadside stalls where people normally go and have a noodle soup. How do you know that this mother actually attended the rally and did not just happen to be there? (Nobody knows the truth.... blablabla, but ready to blame.)

Secondly: Mocking the police? Give me a break! What police? They haven't done anything in this whole demonstration season except mock themselves.

Thirdly : Trat people have a long history of being Democrats and voting for the Dems. They have come "en masse" to Bangkok to protest against the Shinawatra government. Nobody in Trat has been wronged by Suthep.

Fourthly: It takes quite a sick mind to blame the protesters for this attack. Don't the Red Shirts have a history of brutal violence all around the country? (Remember 2010!) As they say in USA: If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, chances are it IS a duck.

Firstly, my original post said ANYWHERE NEAR......

if the PDRC set up a protest site near me, I would go away, I would avoid it. I certainly would not allow my kids to be anywhere near it.

It is said the PDRC guards (maybe some popcorn warriers) were eating noodles at the shop, which is why it was targetted. Would you allow your children to be near to PDRC guards ?

Secondly, the police are doing their job with the constraints they have. They have been told by the Army repeatedly to not use force, not use tear gas. They have the courts holding their hands behind their backs. What do you expect the police to do when they are not allowed to be police by the other forces that control Thailand ?

Thirdly, not everyone in Trat supports the PDRC or Democrats. Why was their only 500 people at the protest and not tens of thousands. Tens of millions of people have been wronged by the PDRC in some way, shape or form.

Fourthly, the cycle of violence was started in 2008 by the PAD/Yellow shirts. They used violence as a means back then, which has started this cycle of violence and protests.

All in my opinion of course.

what you are saying is totally pathetic. My 14 y/o daughter was raped and murdered in Sydney while taking the train to visit her grandparents. Until you have had your life destroyed by a pathetic self indugent action like this you have no idea at all how it feels to lose a child but going by your rants it was my fault because I let her catch a train. You are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this crap, blaming the parents when it is your "mates" doing the killing is as low as you can get, making up excuses to try to remove the foot you have stuck in your mouth even more so.

seajae, I am deeply sorry for your loss. No words are possible to express this.

Your experience is my worst nightmare, as it is for every parent.

The apologists for the actions of the terrorists involved in this despicable act are deserving of nothing less than our total contempt. They are an appalling stain on humanity, exposed for all to see.

Trat?!?!

Sad to say!

Cheers

"Resistance" :-)

But I do agree with you. The red army has made it very clear to anyone that only one view is allowed in Thailand, especially in areas controlled and patrolled by them, and that anyone with a different view must be eradicated, as evidenced in this and many other attacks or "acts of resistance" if you prefer :-)

The reds are trying to recruit an army to go fight against the protesters. They were driving around telling people that should go fight the protesters because thaksin is from here. then when someone speaks up they have 3 or 4 more trucks full of reds come and start screaming at them to get out of thailand. I did not stick around to see if there was any violence but I can see this getting to the point that if you just keep quiet instead of agreeing with them that you get attacked as in if you are not with us you are against us attitude.

• Like 1

Hey hey easy there brutus ...

If you organise a protest that holds a city hostage to the dictatorial opinion of a tiny minority, strong arm and intimidate people just doing their jobs into closing their businesses, causing the financial ruin of hundreds of tourism businesses, stop people from exercising their RIGHT to vote, chasing away investors, threatening people with violence (poptart mercenaries ... yes they are mercenaries) and showing off about it, then you are going to make a lot of people angry and provoke an equally violent response .... and if you hang around people who do this, then you MUST expect exactly this kind of thing to happen ... its not a good thing at all, but you must expect it.

I say, if you kick a dog often enough then you have no right to complain when it bites you.

I regret terribly that children have been hurt, but in all honesty what kind of parent takes a child into such a potentially violent situation? If Suthep really cared he'd send them home, but the coward wants his human shields.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Last time I looked Bangkok was not being held hostage; that is a gross misrepresentation of reality.

On the other hand, I was here when weapons toting Reds were burning Bangkok at the behest of Jutaporn and his band of thieves. No comparison really.

TV, while never the home of the gifted debater, has descended of late into a pathetic mouthpiece for red trolls. This particular thread contains some of the most vile I have read in recent times. I am appalled to be an expat living in Thailand, knowing that there are people like some of the regular red apologists and red astroturfing "noobs" who carry such warped and distorted views and with whom I might actually share citizenship.

I was recently warned for calling someone a clueless *****, I thought it a particularly restrained and technically accurate comment given the rabid and uninformed views held by so many red apologists here.

I think I shall retire from reading the mindless drivel here for a while and go do charity work up country, where no-one has been paid for the October crop and they are all basically starving or in the clutches of the loan sharks. It is all to pathetic to contemplate, and the blame can be fairly and objectively placed in exactly one place. Not that doing so will help anything.

A pox on the red apologists here who are more deserving of my ire and contempt than any group I care to name at this moment.

"TV, while never the home of the gifted debater, has descended of late into a pathetic mouthpiece for red trolls"

Fully agree with you. Sadly, if you substitute red for yellow, your comment is equally as true.

• Like 1