Private sector calls on Yingluck to step down

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yawn! Another branch of the ruling elite are wheeled out to fan the dying embers of mr. Sutheps insurrection. Only the courts can save him now.

How has the state of emergency harmed the economy? It is the daily protests that have harmed the economy.

Effectively this group supports Suthep because he says he'll reduce the minimum wage. I don't know how people manage on 300 ฿ a day, let alone any less. The minimum wage is a populist policy according to the ruling elite. It's a populist policy that allows millions of Thais to live with some dignity. Not much, but some, and now the RE would like to take it away. No wonder PT keep winning elections!

Actually I would think food price inflation has left quite a hole in any extra the got.

It's not just food. It is fuel, utilities, daily essentials and luxury items (beer).

• Like 1

The private sector (the elite amart, oh my god) is the only thing that has kept the country moving forward for the last two years in spite of everything the Govt has done.

They are hurting now but as the man says not just because of the protests.

Fair enough that people should have a living wage but to do it in one 30% bang only caused inflation which not only cut into the wage increase but also hurt those who did not get a wage increase.

I don't know what percentage of the population actually got the wage increase but I would think it would be a small minority.

Look around and try and work it out, those who work for Govt. local and national should get it as well as those who work for big companies, the rest well probably not.

Farmers dont get it, nor will farm workers, self employed and those who work for small one of two workers outfits are unlikely to get it, building labors may or may not get it, certainly the imported labor wont, how many were changed to contract work when it came in ?

And of course those who were already above the minimum wage wouldn't be touched by it.

• Like 2

And back to the rest of the OP. He forgot to mention their trading partners were laughing their t1ts off at the governing by Facebook strategy of the current leadership. How can serious foreign investors even contemplate new business?

It seems that more people want Yingluck to step down. If she did, it would be a good first step toward resolving the conflict.

However, she is still standing and trying to regain her position as PM.

She failed to do her jobs as the head of the country. She created a lot of problems.

If she believes that she wants to make Thailand a better place for Thais, she should resign asap.

I guess Thaksin is desperate to keep his puppets. He should give up coming back to Thailand without the jail term.

We have enough victims already.

Yawn! Another branch of the ruling elite are wheeled out to fan the dying embers of mr. Sutheps insurrection. Only the courts can save him now.

How has the state of emergency harmed the economy? It is the daily protests that have harmed the economy.

Effectively this group supports Suthep because he says he'll reduce the minimum wage. I don't know how people manage on 300 ฿ a day, let alone any less. The minimum wage is a populist policy according to the ruling elite. It's a populist policy that allows millions of Thais to live with some dignity. Not much, but some, and now the RE would like to take it away. No wonder PT keep winning elections!

Actually I would think food price inflation has left quite a hole in any extra the got.

It's not just food. It is fuel, utilities, daily essentials and luxury items (beer).

Don't forget the mo-cy and the iPhone.

a good story except for not liking the minimum wage..all business bosses hate workers having a living wage...they moaned in the uk but it had no impact ...sorry that was off topic..its a concern if big business is not happy,

Impossible to agree with you. Have you ever heard of a 33% hike in the minimum wage anywhere else in the world? No! Absolutely unsustainable! Business folk and economists understand this only too well.

Thailand was long overdue for a wage rise since 1997. They were due to receive such a rise in 2006 but due to political–instability and numerous Coup’s thereafter it was placed by the way side. The 33% minimum wage hike is reflective of not addressing the problem retrospectively for so long. Sorry if this has impacted upon your business suddenly but the wage rise was long over to meet the demands of inflation and the cost of living irrespective of who was to remain in power. The concept of Thailand people working for price of a bowl of rice per day are over; now they work for the price of a mobile phone pre-paid card per day.

thank you for bailing me out.i was unable to counter those very valid arguaments by the guys here.i now stand corrected and informed..(did i lose face)hahahahahahawai2.gif

• Like 1

Nothing more than vested interests trying to reclaim power. Ho hum

Maybe they have an interest in the country also, and, see her moving on to be beneficial to the current situation....and more importantly, possibly a way to end to the violence.

I wish Yingluck could step down now, and the incompetents and disgraceful key man of this government go with her (Chalerm just for example). PTP would keep in charge, dissociating from Shinawatras.

But that's just not possible. Not in Thailand, where connections of Elite and Shinawatra is too much deep rooted for hope in anything like this.

I wish Yingluck could step down now, and the incompetents and disgraceful key man of this government go with her (Chalerm just for example). PTP would keep in charge, dissociating from Shinawatras.

But that's just not possible. Not in Thailand, where connections of Elite and Shinawatra is too much deep rooted for hope in anything like this.

and a very fair point you make young sir..enough is enough now.i dont hate the lady but come on yingy give us all a break..wai2.gif

• Like 2

I don't understand why so many TV commenters can't comprehend simple math.

The old min wage was 200 baht/day.

The min wage is now 300 baht/day.

That is 200 x 1.5 = 300 for those that don't get it. The 1.5 is 150%.

A ninth grade education should give the ability to understand that is a 50% increase from 200 to 300 baht, not 30% or 33 1/3%. You (and you know who you are) would not be the least bit qualified to manage a business, let alone direct a country.

• Like 2

Nothing more than vested interests trying to reclaim power. Ho hum

Please show a link to an article stating this organization is tied to the democrats. Otherwise, it's just speculation on your part.

This organization is a group of businesses, with support for both sides of the political spectrum. But mainly interested in making money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation_of_Thai_Industries

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

True, but there's another nasty twist, the yingluck govt then tried to pressure street vendors by imposing a maximum price for various typical / popular street food dishes.

In reality your average (with all respect) street food vendors would be typical red supporters.

Doesn't compute.

Bravo! And it would be quite a stretch to label the Federation of Thai Industries as pro-PDRC.

But be assured the resident TV red's are going to try none the less..... Suthep is a fascist you know

No, a fascist not. Just a cheap crook politician who is trying to get back in the trough with all of his cronies. He is no better than the Shinawatras.

Kuhn Sommart Kunset is calling for the caretaker government to resign immediately en-masse. This leaves Thailand without a government. Who does he then propose step in immediately to govern? The Army? Suthep and his unelected People's Council? Prem and the unelected Privy Council? The King? the unelected Democrats? The UN (heaven forbid)?

There is no time or desire to hold more elections. Actions have consequences. Think through the consequence, Mr Kunset, and then propose the best solution to it for ALL of Thailand.

• Like 1

a good story except for not liking the minimum wage..all business bosses hate workers having a living wage...they moaned in the uk but it had no impact ...sorry that was off topic..its a concern if big business is not happy,

Impossible to agree with you. Have you ever heard of a 33% hike in the minimum wage anywhere else in the world? No! Absolutely unsustainable! Business folk and economists understand this only too well.

Now I understand why my post bothered you.

50% but only 100 bahts a day. forget the %. the total amount is minimual. no one got affected too much as i recall. it happened, few complained, then many said they already paid minimum wage.

If you have 2,000 employees, 100 baht each per day is 200,000 baht, or 5 million baht per month. Large textile factories typically have employees along those lines, but some of them moved to Cambodia immediately when the rise was known, and again: Burmese workers are much cheaper.

I agree, and to think they are against paying people $10 a day for working a minimum of 12 hour shifts, just disturbs me to no end. While they are making millions on their products and paying S&*T for the people doing all the work.

• Like 2