Non-immigrant "o" Extension

Hi Folks,

I am currently finishing up my one year contract with a Thai Government secondary school. When I received my work permit the folks at Soi Suan Plu put my visa expiration date on the same day that my work permit expires (March 31st).

If I can't find another job (since I'm not continuing with my current school) once my contract ends, can I just get my "O" extended for another year and keep looking for a new school? Can we just show the Immigration Dept our account balance (since I've been working/making deposits) or must we bring in the funds from abroad?

Being the end of the academic year, I figured I wouldn't land a job anytime real soon (probably closer to April/May). If so, that would probably mean returning the work permit to the Labor Dept and starting from scratch with whoever hires me next. Do I need to return the work permit on my own or will my school have to take care of that?

Thanks for any help!

If I can't find another job (since I'm not continuing with my current school) once my contract ends, can I just get my "O" extended for another year and keep looking for a new school?

you mentioned your work permit and visa will expire together on the same date, that is normal.

for another one year extension based on a non immigrant O, you would need a new job contract or be supporting a thai wife or child.