Second Pro-PCAD Singer Forced To Cancel Concert This Week

Lite Beer

well thisa is red democracy in action, you are not allowed to have an opinion unless it is what we tell you, do the reds in here honestly believe that if you have a different opinion to someone you should not be allowed to voice it. This is absolute bullsh*t and you all know it, the reds are thugs and this shows how pathetic they and their supporters are, anyone agreeing with what the udd are sayiong is showing they have no regard to democracy at all, banning singers what a joke you have become.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actively preventing people from supporting and expressing their political view is inherently anti-democratic.

Nice to see we agree that Suthep's movement, by blocking elections and preventing people from exercising their right to vote and express their political views, is undemocratic.

You basically just copied the opinion of the post above yours after reading it.

Shows you really don't have a mind of your own if you need to steal someone else's comments.

At least Suthep can get up on stage every night sometimes for an hour and speak his own mind, and he has been doing that 7 nights a week for 4 months.

You can't even come onto a forum thread without being unoriginal.

So, you suggest that if more than 1 person has the same opinion, they are brainwashed and have no opinion for themselves?

What about the people sharing Suthep's ideology, then?

I suggest you stop before you dig an even bigger hole.

By the way, it's pretty much the opinion of every average Thai citizen that people should not be prevented from voting. I suggest you get out of the brainwashed zones and go ask around the country.

And that guys is how Shannon gets out of an uncomfortable situation

Notice how he changes the subject when he is cornered and he is shown to be hypercritical. This is his usual approach as he has been taken him out of his comfort zone.

Shannon. We are not talking about blocking elections mate. Concentrate now. Concentrate. We are talking about singers and freedom to sing.

We suggested that you where hypercritical in your comment and challenged you on it. Do you have anything to say on that?

Unfortunately Thaivapor bit and then Shannon jumps and Shannon's mission is accomplished in getting further way from the original subject which was Shannon's hypercritical comment and his lack of understanding of Democracy.

Don't fall it guys. Keep Shannon on subject.

So Shannon. Back on subject. What are your thoughts on the hypocritical conundrum you got your self in with your original comment?

Edited by djjamie

Okay, got it. Not talking about elections, talking about singers and their freedom to sing.

Got it. Must concentrate. Concentrate.

Okay, I think I am ready now.

Please click here: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sek-losos-concert-phuket-cancelled-due-protest/

A concert by Sek Loso scheduled to be staged in Phuket Sunday night was abruptly cancelled due to a protest by anti-government protesters.

That was on January 6th, 2014. Well before any red shirts even cancelled a PDRC singer concert.

So, please tell me ...was the PDRC democratic or undemocratic in blocking and canceling the Sek Loso concert?

If the PDRC blocking of Sek Loso's concert is considered democratic, then why is the red shirt blocking of concerts undemocratic?

Edited by ShannonT
  • Like 1

@ShannonT

Having issues with computer and can't quote and reply so this will have to do.

Not a fan of suthep either. As far as I am concerned there is very little between him and the UDD. Both intolerant and narrow minded. The UDD however as this story shows, still believe that threatening individuals is the way forward.

And yes I do know members of pcad or whatever they are called now have done the same.

Doesn't make it any better.

Okay, got it. Not talking about elections, talking about singers and their freedom to sing.

Please click here: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sek-losos-concert-phuket-cancelled-due-protest/

A concert by Sek Loso scheduled to be staged in Phuket Sunday night was abruptly cancelled due to a protest by anti-government protesters.

That was on January 6th, 2014. Well before any red shirts even cancelled a PDRC singer concert.

So, please tell me ...was the PDRC democratic or undemocratic in blocking and canceling the Sek Loso concert?

If the PDRC blocking of Sek Loso's concert is considered democratic, then why is the red shirt blocking of concerts undemocratic?

You keep digging even bigger hole for yourself. People here clearly condemned any side bullying artists, actors, musicians etc...etc... because of their political views while you're still trying to justify fascist's methods in dealing with the political opponents. All your criticism of Suthep has come down to nothing. You're exactly the same, if not even worse.

@ShannonTHaving issues with computer and can't quote and reply so this will have to do.Not a fan of suthep either. As far as I am concerned there is very little between him and the UDD. Both intolerant and narrow minded. The UDD however as this story shows, still believe that threatening individuals is the way forward. And yes I do know members of pcad or whatever they are called now have done the same.Doesn't make it any better.

Agree with you there.

I'm just sick of seeing some people glorifying the PDRC to the point of sainthood while saying the red shirts are evil for doing the exact same thing.

In a way, the red shirts are doing the same thing as the PDRC (ex yellow shirts), each step of the way. Airport and Bangkok occupation was followed by Bangkok occupation in 2010. Building blockades by PDRC was followed by NACC blockades yesterday and concert blockades by PDRC was followed by red shirt blockades.

Some people just seem to think that when one side does it, it's democracy but when the other side does it, it's dictatorship.

By the way, are your quoting problems only happening when posting with a mobile device such as iPad? I have the same issue, so it might be related to that.

Should have thought about this before publicly supporting a much hated anti democratic movement ...

So you believe a private militia intimidating anyone who supports a different view to be democratic?

No difference between these oppressors of free speech than blowing whistles, accept these have more overt violent tones.

Anyone who believes the Shins and these bullying thugs are anymore supporters of democracy than their opponents really ought to step back and look openly at both sides behavior.

Should have thought about this before publicly supporting a much hated anti democratic movement ...

So you believe a private militia intimidating anyone who supports a different view to be democratic?

No difference between these oppressors of free speech than blowing whistles, accept these have more overt violent tones.

Anyone who believes the Shins and these bullying thugs are anymore supporters of democracy than their opponents really ought to step back and look openly at both sides behavior.

Not at all. I think both were wrong.

Like it or not the PDRC are part of a wider political movement and an essential and fundamental part of any democracy allows people the freedom to support whichever political ideology they like.

The pros and cons of whether the PDRC are democratic or anti democratic is an irrelevance here as it is the underpinning principle of democracy that is at stake here. The freedom to choose your own path

Actively preventing people from supporting and expressing their political view is inherently anti-democratic.

So if you agree with or support individuals being sanctioned and demonized because of their political views you are no better that the 'anti-democratic movement' your previous posts indicate you despise so much. Right?

"Actively preventing people from supporting and expressing their political view is inherently anti-democratic."

You are so right, Suthep forcing the closure of polling stations in Bangkok and not allowing the registration of candidates in the south is very undemocratic I must agree.

Red shirt villages .. you honestly believe EVERYONE supports the RED shirts??

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

However, a group of United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) supporters marched last night to the bar with over 30 vehicles and force the venue to cancel the concert.

What are the chances of them boycotting one of their favourite soap operas? Now that would impress me.

Nice to see we agree that Suthep's movement, by blocking elections and preventing people from exercising their right to vote and express their political views, is undemocratic.

Wow - Talk about twisting the truth - Remove a single sentence from the context of the whole paragraph and use that sentence, that has be de- contextualized to imply that we agree!

Is that really the best repost you have?

It doesn't change the context in any way.

You said that preventing people from expressing their political view is undemocratic, did you or not?

The context was completely changed as the subject of the sentence was not Suthep. It was about the principle of democracy. Not once in my original post did I mention his name.

So the context was completely changed

A nice play Shannon straight out the communist playbook

Wow - Talk about twisting the truth - Remove a single sentence from the context of the whole paragraph and use that sentence, that has be de- contextualized to imply that we agree!

Is that really the best repost you have?

It doesn't change the context in any way.

You said that preventing people from expressing their political view is undemocratic, did you or not?

The context was completely changed as the subject of the sentence was not Suthep. It was about the principle of democracy. Not once in my original post did I mention his name.

So the context was completely changed

A nice play Shannon straight out the communist playbook

I know you didn't mention him but I am still curious if you think blocking elections is democratic or not.

By not responding over several posts I assume you know his actions are undemocratic but you will never publicly admit it, because you support a twisted ideology under the disguise of democracy, not democracy itself.

Anyways, lets leave it at that. No more spin deflections away from my question please unless you choose to answer it.

And notice how he changes the subject when he is cornered and shown to be hypercritical. This is his usual approach as he has been taken him out of his comfort zone.

Shannon. We are not talking about blocking elections mate. Concentrate now. Concentrate. We are talking about singers and freedom to sing.

We suggested that you where hypercritical in your comment and challenged you on it. Do you have anything to say on that?

Concentrate now. Stay with us.

come now, Don't you think you ask too much of the troll!

@ShannonTHaving issues with computer and can't quote and reply so this will have to do.Not a fan of suthep either. As far as I am concerned there is very little between him and the UDD. Both intolerant and narrow minded. The UDD however as this story shows, still believe that threatening individuals is the way forward. And yes I do know members of pcad or whatever they are called now have done the same.Doesn't make it any better.

Agree with you there.

I'm just sick of seeing some people glorifying the PDRC to the point of sainthood while saying the red shirts are evil for doing the exact same thing.

In a way, the red shirts are doing the same thing as the PDRC (ex yellow shirts), each step of the way. Airport and Bangkok occupation was followed by Bangkok occupation in 2010. Building blockades by PDRC was followed by NACC blockades yesterday and concert blockades by PDRC was followed by red shirt blockades.

Some people just seem to think that when one side does it, it's democracy but when the other side does it, it's dictatorship.

By the way, are your quoting problems only happening when posting with a mobile device such as iPad? I have the same issue, so it might be related to that.

You're right Shannon, the unoriginal red shirts copy the yellows all the way, not only in occupancy but also fashion- foot clappers to imitate handclappers, klaxon horns to imitate whistles.

Sonthi and Suthep should sue the red elite for copyright infringement.

'Somsri Sommercon, a local UDD leader, said she is deeply angered by Mr. Jirayut′s support for the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), which aims to oust Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.' Thou shalt not have a view we do not have. Thou shalt not think. Thou shalt not exercise your freedom of speech. Thou shalt not support those we do not. Thou shalt not mention corruption or rice. Thou must remember only we are right. Thou shalt obey. Thou shalt obey. Thou shalt obey. Red Guard Bible [2014 updated]: The New Commandments

Why the surprise? The UDD is just giving the PDAC a very small taste of its own medicine. What's good for the goose...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I know you didn't mention him but I am still curious if you think blocking elections is democratic or not.

By not responding over several posts I assume you know his actions are undemocratic but you will never publicly admit it, because you support a twisted ideology under the disguise of democracy, not democracy itself.

Anyways, lets leave it at that. No more spin deflections away from my question please unless you choose to answer it.

Thanks for admtinng i didn't mention him.

I think the actions of the UDD / PTP forcing a singer to cancel a gig because of his political views are on in par with those of Suthep.

Now - What do you think? Do you support the democratic principles or not:? If you do then you must denounce these actions in the OP. No spin or deflection please.

PS Could not respond over several posts as driving home.

Edited by jonclark

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think the actions of the UDD / PTP forcing a singer to cancel a gig because of his political views are on in par with those of Suthep.

Now - What do you think? Do you support the democratic principles or not:? If you do then you must denounce these actions in the OP. No spin or deflection please.

I already did many posts ago. Maybe you missed it?

All the more reason to support a group aimed at reforming the country and putting the thuggish reds in their place.

There are some parallels with a neighboring country 40 years ago, and they wore Red to. Then there are the other connections like Weng, Thida and the Hun Sen / Thaksin love in.

I already did many posts ago. Maybe you missed it?

Thank you for denouncing the actions of these PTP / UDD supporters ShannonT. I'll be bookmarking this one for future reference.

You basically just copied the opinion of the post above yours after reading it.

Shows you really don't have a mind of your own if you need to steal someone else's comments.

At least Suthep can get up on stage every night sometimes for an hour and speak his own mind, and he has been doing that 7 nights a week for 4 months.

You can't even come onto a forum thread without being unoriginal.

So, you suggest that if more than 1 person has the same opinion, they are brainwashed and have no opinion for themselves?

What about the people sharing Suthep's ideology, then?

I suggest you stop before you dig an even bigger hole.

By the way, it's pretty much the opinion of every average Thai citizen that people should not be prevented from voting. I suggest you get out of the brainwashed zones and go ask around the country.

The ideological nut case is you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Intimidation is all part of the current political scene, especially in the pro red areas, it is to be hoped that when the democracy evolves to the next level that politicians will find that this sort of behaviour is not acceptable, but, with the base level low this going to take a few years yet, I hope they had a nice day anyway.

Man dies after being attacked by a Fender Stratocaster, two in hospital after being attacked by a saxaphone!

Edited by nong38

Man, you have a short attention span.

UNDEMOCRATIC.

PDRC is not democratic in this instance. Neither is the Red shirts blocking the concert.

Do you agree.

Come on.

Yes or no?

What a terrible world it would be if the red shirts actually had power.

No freedom of expression.

Democracy red style, zero tolerance.

Such is the color of red. Plenty of examples around the world.

Sorry to bust your pink bubble but the PDRC were the ones who said it was okay to cancel concerts based on political opinion:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/sek-losos-concert-phuket-cancelled-due-protest/

January 6th, 2014

Nice one! but it wont shut the fascists up, their twisted little minds are so full of hate towards those of us that support democracy and the rule of law.

Makes you wonder what their motives are.