Suthep declares end of Bangkok Shutdown

george

it sounds like he is trying to say he is in control of protests or not... really, after Yinglucks firm determination "until death" really shows he is the biggest loser... and he is going out before all his dignity is gone... on facebook... Yingluch has put out so many photos of what she had done and accomplished... I do not see any unhappy people in the photo's... and quite honestly(in my humble opinion) she hasn't done anything terrible to merit all this crap that these wannabe leaders accuse her of... they promote violence, she trys to promote peace... i hope she reclaims her spot and at least let her finish her term by rights and let the people vote the way they want to vote... and suthep and any of those people should work honestly if they want to gain the masses by normal and peaceful ways... that's how you win... not this forceful and childish way...

Seriously? You saw happy photos on Poo's Facebook and that's how you judge she's doing a good job? Who puts ugly and bad pictures on their own Facebook anyway? coffee1.gif

Yes, seriously. During the run-up to the last election, the one where the army/elitist/royalist Democrats were totally owned by rough/ignorant/vote buying PTP, there was a Nation article that used Abhisits and Yinglucks FB pages as a poll as to who would win based on how many likes each had. Abhisit was way, way ahead of Yingluck which indicated to the sorry author of that piece of pap for the masses that he would also garner the popular vote when it came to the actual polls. We all know what happened.

You do have to view all the current political shenanigans through your saffron-tinted Thai glasses.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to say the yellow shirts had no heart in the end. They want to overthrow the democratically elected government in a third successive coup, but didn't have the courage of their convictions. You can't overthrow a government blowing whistles and taking selfies. You have to get your hands dirty. Maybe go a day or two without using skin whiteners.

The hot season has arrived. It all got too hard for them

So "you can't overthrow a government by blowing whistles and taking selfies" eh? How about by dangling your udders off the back of daddy's Benz convertable? That seemed to get some of the posters here interested to say the least.

Seriously though, to me the sight of the urban ultra-rich, all of whom became so by very shady if not downright dishonest means, wailing and shedding crocodile tears over "corruption" whilst following Mr. Corruption himself, was quite nauseating.

• Like 1

An effort on the part of Suthep to cool the temperature, as the attention now shifts to the activities of the UDD in their efforts to impede the NACC, the EC, and the Civil Court. If the constitutional process is allowed to continue, the administration is on track to face some very serious charges. Suthep's announcement deflates the administration in a number of ways, as well as that of the UDD, so in that sense it is a good tactical move. It is very much a wait and see situation.

In any other country he would face life in prison for damaging a company's shares on purpose.

Advocating a boycott is a life sentence offense? :blink:

There should be hundreds in prison world-wide then. :rolleyes:

Yes, in the Thai Rouge universe.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh yes, and as far as I can tell, Mr "Suthep" has already COST THAILAND more money in lost Tourism (millions of Tourists, Billions of Bahts) rism than he accuses Mr Thakskin of "pilfering", not too forget the lives of 4 innocent children!!

Sad though that was I don't think he killed them.

Incredibly so, somehow he has got Suthep mixed up with Yingluck - I mean, they are not even the same sex!!!

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean or even if it's my post you're replying to.

I was just stating that Suthep didn't kill the children. Just for clarity neither did Yingluck and I'm quite aware of their relevant sexes.

Perhaps you could rewrite our post.

I think that his son bought the land (52 rai in NST) with Suthep listed as co-owner.

IIRC, his son was listed as a co-owner. Suthep wasn't involved.

In that case it is a non story then - no wonder it went rather quiet and was forgotten about so quickly!!!

Nice try by the 'red police', as proficient as normal in getting the facts completely wrong. Was it Khaosod who reported it? if it was, then I would have realised that it was a load of bull!!!

I have to re-extend my visa in mid-november.

I hope by then the other guy (the monk) will have liberated the Govt Center at ChaengWattana and I can go to Immigration ...

I don't know my way to the replacement sites (I do the 90-days in Jomtien but my file is in BKK)..laugh.png

I think Suthep and his allies should be investigated.

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did that and made billions in the process.

I think it is more important to investigate this corrupt government !

Did not the NACC, unbiased, in depth, by the book, not fast tracked, 21 day, sorry i forgot a year and 21 day investigation already do that and the NACC did not find any grounds to charge Yingluck with anything more then, "Negligence in preforming her duties?

cheers

True but other charges may be placed later but Yingluck isn't the whole government and I don't think it was ever suggested that she was directly involved in corruption. I think there may be more to come on this. It's not been that long.

I don't know of a single country in the world even the Democracies that have a 100% support base... that is that every possible voter supports them or their policies.. some places have more than 2 political parties and more than two agendas..programs schemes populist policies et al... etc... Whomever is in power is shadowed by the shadow governments set up by the opposition that did not win. Those shadow govts assign individuals to monitor every nuance of the sitting politicians...and there job is too find the cracks,, chasms, valleys and breaks that will give them the most amount of fodder to tear down the sitting group..that is their job...that is what their constituents expect and that goes a long way in keeping things going forward and/or allowing opportunities to use bad decisions as fodder to use as fuel next time around to take the other side down.. So now YL is in a position of having to answer to many serious charges... but at this point that is all they are..anyone can charge anyone here... with anything at any time..if you have the pockets for it..it is no secret that there have been mistakes made by this and every other government that has ever been here... but at this point in time these charges are no more than that...charges... there have not been any convictions yet ...so the process is still in motion... I personally believe that the charges may be greater than the actual transgressions...but one thing for sure.. I cannot predict the outcome...using all the real data available so far it is way too close to call.. and given the inequity in Thai checks and balances and how deeply the corruption is embedded..it is way to risky to even venture a guess what will happen next..it is not over... too much is at stake here...but though it came 3 months too late after too much violence and grief... it seems as if this guy Suthep has been counseled to finally stop his BS attacks and obstreperous behavior.. and for that I am extremely grateful... and I hope that the real Democratic process can begin again...that the appointed interim PM can get elections back on the agenda and this great lil country back to smiling... and these whistle blowers chasing older people down in malls will climb back into their comfy Thonglor homes and find something else to keep them entertained..

but it is not over...

It's not over only because the amnesty bill is still not off the table. We will have to wait for 180 days to expire. It's all about posturing. Incidentally this current caretaker government is fully responsible for the mess they created by introducing the amnesty bill. It would be beneficial for the discussion if you and other red propagandists on this forum could finally acknowledge who created this political crisis instead of continually shifting responsibility.

Oh yes, and as far as I can tell, Mr "Suthep" has already COST THAILAND more money in lost Tourism (millions of Tourists, Billions of Bahts) rism than he accuses Mr Thakskin of "pilfering", not too forget the lives of 4 innocent children!!

Sad though that was I don't think he killed them.

Incredibly so, somehow he has got Suthep mixed up with Yingluck - I mean, they are not even the same sex!!!

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean or even if it's my post you're replying to.

I was just stating that Suthep didn't kill the children. Just for clarity neither did Yingluck and I'm quite aware of their relevant sexes.

Perhaps you could rewrite our post.

No, not your post. I would have put you and not he (as I did). He is blaming Suthep for all of the problems whereas I maintain that Yingluck has been instrumental in all of the problems and resulting deaths brought on through her not stepping down at the beginning.

• Like 1

I have to re-extend my visa in mid-november.

I hope by then the other guy (the monk) will have liberated the Govt Center at ChaengWattana and I can go to Immigration ...

I don't know my way to the replacement sites (I do the 90-days in Jomtien but my file is in BKK)..laugh.png

The temporary immigration centre is at Imperial Lad Phrao (5th floor). I went there on Thursday for an extension.

• Like 1

Falang's are Guest's in Thailand and should not interfere in anyway with thai politic's .

fully agree! let the Thai's sort it out!

Who is interfering ?? We observe the lunacy here and comment for amusement.

It is called the balcony view of life. Meaning at the playhouse, sitting in the balcony, we observe what is going on on the stage, comment about it to the person next to you, but are clearly under no illusion that comments will affect what is occurring on

the stage.......

This is certainly an interesting move on Suthep part. He has some very

powerful people behind him ( understatement of the year......) , so it appears to me he has done his job, which was to shine a light on the rats in the dark corner

of the room. The " amnesty" bill was stopped, the insane 2.2 trillion baht fill up

the feeding trough bill was stopped, and now slowly the mind boggling rice

scam is coming to light. Now time to just sit back and let the courts and the

anti corruption agencies do their job, and hopefully put Yingluck in jail.......

put Yingluck in jail.......

Not going to happen.

True, but threat of jail is what will eventually make her negotiate an exit. Good luck getting out of the rice scheme.

Back on topic...I wonder if his umpteenth 180 degree turn... final push but re-organizing move has anything to do with Abhiset being convicted of Dereliction of duty... reported in the Paper we cannot link here...... maybe the tide may be ebbing and bastions of self righteousness crumbling... naw.... never gonna happen.... but any way..could be a possible reason with so many more charges pending litigation ...against Suthep, Abhiset, YL and so forth... not over yet..but I am encouraged by the fact posters are looking into the money aspect of all this and where the real rivalries source from and the Forbes wealthiest list in Thailand is a valuable resource

Edited by DirtFarmer

The amnesty bill, and the rice pledging scheme are two of the most hair brained ideas, in the recent history of politics, here or anywhere else. I assume it was due to constant pressure from the Dubai imbecile, but still, did not anyone with half a brain ever stop to consider the ramifications? Or would that have been too "visionary"? Are they so detached from reality, sitting in their white palaces? Is it not possible to take one moment from counting the billions, to try to figure out how to govern responsibly? Is that too much to ask? Suthep was a comical figure. A desperate man, looking for a stage, and for anyone to listen to him. But, his counterparts are not a whole lot more impressive. Reminds me of the republicans and the democrats in the US. About the same level of incompetence, but at least there, they seem to know when is the right time to shelve a bill. Here they do not have any real level of common sense or reasoning. Forget the expression Amazing Thailand. How about "Welcome to the land of no common sense or reasoning"?

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't know of a single country in the world even the Democracies that have a 100% support base... that is that every possible voter supports them or their policies.. some places have more than 2 political parties and more than two agendas..programs schemes populist policies et al... etc... Whomever is in power is shadowed by the shadow governments set up by the opposition that did not win. Those shadow govts assign individuals to monitor every nuance of the sitting politicians...and there job is too find the cracks,, chasms, valleys and breaks that will give them the most amount of fodder to tear down the sitting group..that is their job...that is what their constituents expect and that goes a long way in keeping things going forward and/or allowing opportunities to use bad decisions as fodder to use as fuel next time around to take the other side down.. So now YL is in a position of having to answer to many serious charges... but at this point that is all they are..anyone can charge anyone here... with anything at any time..if you have the pockets for it..it is no secret that there have been mistakes made by this and every other government that has ever been here... but at this point in time these charges are no more than that...charges... there have not been any convictions yet ...so the process is still in motion... I personally believe that the charges may be greater than the actual transgressions...but one thing for sure.. I cannot predict the outcome...using all the real data available so far it is way too close to call.. and given the inequity in Thai checks and balances and how deeply the corruption is embedded..it is way to risky to even venture a guess what will happen next..it is not over... too much is at stake here...but though it came 3 months too late after too much violence and grief... it seems as if this guy Suthep has been counseled to finally stop his BS attacks and obstreperous behavior.. and for that I am extremely grateful... and I hope that the real Democratic process can begin again...that the appointed interim PM can get elections back on the agenda and this great lil country back to smiling... and these whistle blowers chasing older people down in malls will climb back into their comfy Thonglor homes and find something else to keep them entertained..

but it is not over...

It's not over only because the amnesty bill is still not off the table. We will have to wait for 180 days to expire. It's all about posturing. Incidentally this current caretaker government is fully responsible for the mess they created by introducing the amnesty bill. It would be beneficial for the discussion if you and other red propagandists on this forum could finally acknowledge who created this political crisis instead of continually shifting responsibility.

You are asking a bit much there - the realms of the reds reasoning does not extend to common sense or truthfulness of facts!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE
  • Like 1

I think Suthep and his allies should be investigated.

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did that and made billions in the process.

I think it is more important to investigate this corrupt government !

Did not the NACC, unbiased, in depth, by the book, not fast tracked, 21 day, sorry i forgot a year and 21 day investigation already do that and the NACC did not find any grounds to charge Yingluck with anything more then, "Negligence in preforming her duties?

cheers

Hypocritical post on many planes

Please refer to your post on Abhisit being found guilty

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bangkok Post we cannot link it here

it sounds like he is trying to say he is in control of protests or not... really, after Yinglucks firm determination "until death" really shows he is the biggest loser... and he is going out before all his dignity is gone... on facebook... Yingluch has put out so many photos of what she had done and accomplished... I do not see any unhappy people in the photo's... and quite honestly(in my humble opinion) she hasn't done anything terrible to merit all this crap that these wannabe leaders accuse her of... they promote violence, she trys to promote peace... i hope she reclaims her spot and at least let her finish her term by rights and let the people vote the way they want to vote... and suthep and any of those people should work honestly if they want to gain the masses by normal and peaceful ways... that's how you win... not this forceful and childish way...

ripping off her own rice farmer ad to the point some have commited suicide is not a bad thing

You live in another world my friend

Its the right thing to do.

Let the NACC and courts do their job of course pending the red shirts accepting that we still have the rule of law and not abuse by the majority (democratic tyranny).

Oh please not the old rule of law card!

Yes when will you lot get real

There is only 1 Law in Thailand

Taksins Law

I think you got the name wrong

I believe you mean to say YINGLUCK

Michael Yon, as an independent journalist, is a pretender at best. His idealistic naivety should remain in the US where such runs rampant. I tried to publish a critical response to his website "editorial" on Thai politics, and he refused to print it - even "unsubscribing" me. His biased reporting was once referred to as "Yellow Journalism." He and other ferang, myself included, are guests in Thailand and we should restrict our opinions to forums for us, such as this one. If he gets kicked out of the country for trying to independently influence opinions in the US and other countries, it would serve him right.

I don't care who win.

The only things I don't want see in Thailand and some will agree with me are

-land ownership for foreigners

-easy loans

-crazy development like train....

We have already seen that giving tablets and cars loan didn't do anything good. Thai people are hurt from everywhere...

Regrettably Thailand is becoming like USA and Europe. Tax will go up, and destruction of the middle class. As the middle class is pretty much non existent, what will be left in this country?

The best way now to run this country is to keep simple, keep families together , learn to grow your land, promote local exchanges, make you own electricity,and stay out of debt.

Thai people are good at farming and making bike... Keep them in what they are good at.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Isn't March 3 also the date that Yingluck officially lose the caretaker status ?

March 4. Thaksin passed that point too in 2006 after the elections boycotted by the Dems were anulled but the coup came before his status was clarified in the Constitutional Court. I guess this time it will be clarified, since a case has been filed already.

So in theory what happens after this caretaker status ends. What does the constitution provide for at that point in time. Who runs the government? What provisions provide for another election. I am too lazy to read the constitution and would like to know what is supposed to happen. Thanks for the help.

According to article 3 of the Constitution, the sovereign power temporarily entrusted to the government via the electoral process will be handed back to the people. And since a country cannot function without a government, a new prime minister can be appointed to form an interim government via Article 7 of the Constitution. The president of the Senate will forward the name of the candidate to serve as Thailand's next prime minister to His Majesty the King for royal endorsement.

The President of the Senate is pro-Puea Thai, for your information.

Thanks