Fit in

Somsrisonphimai

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go with the flow, there're some things that need to change, such as corruption etc which I think would improve the country but it is not my position to suggest such things. I view everything as different not wrong & don't let it make me mad

It is kind of fitting in then, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My Thai friends complain about same things: Corruption, Driving Standards, Loud Music etc...

Do they fit in ?? Or, are you suggesting that foreigners don't have a right to an opinion and shouldn't be discussing these issues ?

Of course - some will always complain, but for the most part these are issues that Thai's would also like to see improve, the opinions of many foreigners in Thailand often mirror the opinions of many Thai's...

If you were to take a look at the Thai forum Panthip.com you will see that many similar issues are mirrored there.

Not at all, you have the right to your opinion. It is just that how do people deal with the things they dislike. It is hard to be living in another country to have to adapt into another way of living.

• Like 2

The double pricing and showing no price on markets will soon be over, then Thailand is full of shoppingmalls from Central with only big shops left.

The not obeying trafficrules and being selfish on the roads will also stop one day when Thailand gets real policemen. Nobody likes to be hurt in an accident. I see more rich Thai biking now, that is a good sign.

Thailand is just still an undeveloped 3rd world country on many fronts, there is enough money these days so it is just a matter of time before civilisation kicks in.

• Like 1

The double pricing and showing no price on markets will soon be over, then Thailand is full of shoppingmalls from Central with only big shops left.

The not obeying trafficrules and being selfish on the roads will also stop one day when Thailand gets real policemen. Nobody likes to be hurt in an accident. I see more rich Thai biking now, that is a good sign.

Thailand is just still an undeveloped 3rd world country on many fronts, there is enough money these days so it is just a matter of time before civilisation kicks in.

I have been hearing about Thailand is undeveloped country since I was born. I mean can you or anyone explain what is considered developed country?

Edited by Somsrisonphimai

Yep as a visitor is thier country I'm just expected to bend over, gently part my bumcheeks and take it...not allowed to complain.

Umm...no, complaints are not allowed, 555. When you are in Rome, do what the Roman does.

Good analogy, drink, eat & entertain ladies !!!!!

Go with the flow, there're some things that need to change, such as corruption etc which I think would improve the country but it is not my position to suggest such things. I view everything as different not wrong & don't let it make me mad

It is kind of fitting in then, right?

Kind of, but I don't see anything to complain about. Every country has it's own unique character

As if by magic

• Like 1

I have been hearing about Thailand is undeveloped country since I was born. I mean can you or anyone explain what is considered developed country?

3rd world is ancient terminology now, no longer relevant. Thailand is not undeveloped. I think he is saying it is underdeveloped. Western culture is playing a part in Thailand's ongoing development at a macro or big picture level and some farang would like it to be down to their individual level which shouldn't and won't happen. Thailand is civilised but it's people do what they want, I can't wait to see what happens. But be careful of what you wish for, do you really want $400 speeding fines or only 7/11

• Like 2

Corruption exists in Western countries too, but most of the infrastructure is paid for by taxes that people see coming out of their pay packets and on their invoices dockets etc. Quite naturally seeing how much they pay they demand the infrastructure so the politicians and Government Departments (mostly) cannot wriggle out of it like they can here, where people have no idea if they even pay tax at all, much less any assertiveness to go with it.

You know people do know about the corruptions, and they do know they pay taxes, like my dad he pays property tax every year, but I don't believe he knows where the tax money goes. I guess education is the key if country is to be improved; it is such a powerful concept, isn't it?

• Like 2

Are we fitting into Thailand or is it that some thais(and farangs) simply cannot accept anything but their own way. I find that I have all the same dislikes as my thai wife, does this mean she is not fitting in or is it that she is more typical of thai people. The loud music isnt too bad but the fact that when it is loud it is distorted because no one knows how to set the bass/treble ratios, they simply think loud is better. Same with the drivers, its not everyone doing it just those that have no consideration for other people or simply do not know the rules. This actually applies to a lot of things here, some people just dont know any better but that does not make it thai as a lot of thais dont like what they do.

A better question would be "should face mean you always have tp be right and that you should never change what you do" and you would find that a lot of thais simply dont like it, I think most farangs know that they have to accept what happens here, just that we still reserve the right to have a bitch about it exactly the same way we bitch about it in our own countries. I love Thailand and want to stay here so I know I have to accept it but that doesnt mean we have to like it.

Ok, could age has something to do with the complaining? I think the more older you are, the less tolerate you become for certain issues.

• Like 1

Everything has happened so quickly in the world that a country like Thailand which was behind in the first place, say post WW2, can catch up on some of the physical things quite quickly. But the mindset of the people is much slower to change, people are still to some extent living with the thought that the monarch will step in and make problems disappear, or that they have no power to step in themselves. Only time will change this, a hackneyed saying I know. As I say I can't wait because I think Thailand is unique and could end up with different thai style solutions.

• Like 1

Well it all depends. Sometimes it's very difficult to fit in Thailand, you just have to be gentle and try another direction of insertion. Lubrication helps as well.

I can definately say that no way I would like Thailand fit INTO ME. allthough some farangs like it, it's not for me though.