Fit in

Somsrisonphimai

Im NOT a lemming.................not sure op will get that though...................ok "sheep" might be easier, .

Sorry, I am still not getting it.

Im "me" and I dont want to "fit in" with anyone else. If I think its wrong I dont do it and wont roll over and accept it. I really dont want to be like a lot of Thais I meet in my day to day life, so far all i have seen in the maybe 25 or so dealings I have had are 2 good Thais who I feel I can trust who are very kind, one worked in New Zealand for many years with Thai Air the other worked abroad almost all his life, Both have given me many things which I have reciprocated, these being plants. We meet occasionally for lunch where we take turns on paying.

Sadly one died recently.

All the rest appear to be nice on the surface but then do something which is not polite at all, many requests for money, dont turn up when stated yet come pleading for work, steal, lie, treat my land like its their own , drop rubbish etc etc. So being fair 2 out of about 25 have been decent people.The rest cant see beyond the end of their noses.

Although I must add we have a new head of village ex army whom I met and he seems very decent, his daughter was hilarious, studying in England and telling me about her boyfriend who DAd doesnt know about,,,cripes Im up to 4 people now so 4 out of 29, in general it seems the locals have little respect for their environment, themselves and others combined with selfishness and greed it doesnt look good.

Thai culture needs a GOOD HARD kick up the backside if this is "normal" and "fitting in" I want no part of it...................is what I meant.

Cue the rose brigade/ go home brigade.

You can still fit in and be part of the community without lose sense of who you are. Most Thai people are decent, kind and honest, by the way :).

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im NOT a lemming.................not sure op will get that though...................ok "sheep" might be easier, .

Sorry, I am still not getting it.
Im "me" and I dont want to "fit in" with anyone else. If I think its wrong I dont do it and wont roll over and accept it. I really dont want to be like a lot of Thais I meet in my day to day life, so far all i have seen in the maybe 25 or so dealings I have had are 2 good Thais who I feel I can trust who are very kind, one worked in New Zealand for many years with Thai Air the other worked abroad almost all his life, Both have given me many things which I have reciprocated, these being plants. We meet occasionally for lunch where we take turns on paying.

Sadly one died recently.

All the rest appear to be nice on the surface but then do something which is not polite at all, many requests for money, dont turn up when stated yet come pleading for work, steal, lie, treat my land like its their own , drop rubbish etc etc. So being fair 2 out of about 25 have been decent people.The rest cant see beyond the end of their noses.

Although I must add we have a new head of village ex army whom I met and he seems very decent, his daughter was hilarious, studying in England and telling me about her boyfriend who DAd doesnt know about,,,cripes Im up to 4 people now so 4 out of 29, in general it seems the locals have little respect for their environment, themselves and others combined with selfishness and greed it doesnt look good.

Thai culture needs a GOOD HARD kick up the backside if this is "normal" and "fitting in" I want no part of it...................is what I meant.

Cue the rose brigade/ go home brigade.

You can still fit in and be part of the community without lose sense of who you are. Most Thai people are decent, kind and honest, by the way smile.png.

Well that was just my view of the 30 or so Ive met locally and on which I formed my opinion, it seems greed and selfishness have taken over Thailand.

How can I fit in? I dont want to go to a temple when someone dies as I find it distasteful, I certainly dont want to give anything to monks daily, Im not going to beat about the bush in conversation, Ill say its crap if its crap to a Thai.

Edited by kannot