How To Make TOT Come To Your House On a Sunday To Connect Your Internet...

sirchai

Hello and sawasdee hrap,

Gotta love this country. This is not about a computer program now, just an experience how to deal with companies lie TOT here. Haven't had internet for awhile, as we'd moved out and then got hit by a flood.

When we actually found a nice house, I went to the manager of TOT together with my wife and told him that we wanted out Internet connected immediately.

Unfortunately, I had told my wife to act like a VIP and so we did what I'd learned here. So, we spoke slowly to him, but made him understand how important that would be for us. but also for TOT, as we know all the big guys from Ubon.

He agreed to send somebody on a Saturday, but then nobody showed up. Thought okay, didn't work out.Then on Sunday around lunchtime.

A TOT pick up pulls up stops, two guys walk in look at the existing connection. They take off, come back, take off come back. All in all about five hours, as the problem wasn't at our house. They had to follow the whole cables and check a lot.

My internet worked again around 7 pm, really ten Mb, not the snail speed we had before. No fee was paid for it. But then last week a letter from TOT arrived and we had to pay 44 baht.

Manager had kept his face and we got connected. All happy, maybe excluding the TOT guys who hard to work on a Sunday.-coffee1.gif

Am I missing something, is TOT's HQ in Ubon? I'm kinda surprised they didn't laugh you out the shop and P!*s you around for the hell of it.

I wear a T shirt with a photoshopped picture of me and Takin eatin kao soi everywhere I go in Chiang Mai. I get served in MacDonalds quickly, am never short of a Tuk Tuk and they even open special checkout ques for me in Big C!

Edited by JeremyBowskill
  • Like 2

Well, you don't need to know any big guys if you want express service. Just tell them if they can come to connect quick, you'll give tip of 500 or 1000 baht. That works everytime.

But tip goes to the manager, not to technicians (In my case, manager came home along with 2 technicians to check line everything)

• Like 1

Meh. I went into TOT on a Saturday to organise my internet when I moved into my current house and the guys came around on the Sunday to hook it up. I did not have to pretend to be someone I was not.

Yes, the O/P has a vivid imagination when it comes to picturing how clever he is and how dim-witted Thais must be. The TOT manager probably dined out on the story of the pompous farang for days on end. Is it any wonder Thais view so many farang with dismissive contempt.

a non victory. those guys work all week.

would have loved to see your wife putting on airs did she wear all her gold?

do you reckon they realized you weren't all that when they got a look at your house?

and you do realize that despite your importance they were a day late, right?

thanks for sharing though, it helps me get a hold on who you are.

• Like 1

Quite normal....I had TOT come round on Xmas day to fix my internet....ok I know Xmas day means f'all here but in the past they have come round any day I needed them too! Normally I give them a call and they arrive in a few hours! Same as electric supply company!

No need to try and give it 'large' when they will come anyway!

Edited by kjhbigv

Nice one and Thailand does have a lot of nice things that happen.

Hey TVA, I know we all like to whinge and complain a lot about this place (me included) but how about a section of TV just for the "Little Gems" the good things that happen here and I am sure there are plenty. I think in the long term, we must only be positive about this place and work with it.