Top award for stupidity

Until yesterday I thought that I had seen just about everything during my ten years of driving here on Samui.

However.....As I was coming out of Big C coming towards me on the main ring road was a motorcyclist belting along; nothing new there,

but he was standing upright with his feet on the handle bars and combing his hair!!! It was unbelievable and I really thought that I was seeing things

until my wife also confirmed that I wasn't seeing things.

I really don't know what he was on but it really showed a complete disregard for himself and other road users.Still, I guess that he won't be around for too long. I just hope that he doesn't hurt anyone else in the process.

I only wish that I had a dash-cam!

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

Similar thing tonight in Bangrak, mother & father (driving) on bike, no helmets of course with their 5/6 year old kid sitting on father's shoulders without a care in the world.

Will have caught it on the car camcorder but probably too dark to see it clearly.

The motorcyclist joins the stupidity hall of fame like...

drying your hair in a bathtub full of water

smoking while in bed and sleepy

having unprotected sex with an unknown entity

microwaving a can of beans

robbing a house and then leaving your DNA all over the place in the form of taking a dump

and my all time favorite......... becoming a Thai Prime Minister when you don't know sh#! how to run a country

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 2

Some months back in Pattaya, at the lower portion, Beach Road side of Central Festival, I watched several maintenance workers spray washing the outside concrete stairs, etc. One was spray washing and the other was using a floor buffer with an abrasive pad.

The power for the equipment was via a long extension cord from the main building that ran into a portable metal box on the ground. The equipment was plugged into this box. Water was everywhere. The equipment was standing and being operated in water. The operators were standing in water and oblivious to the danger.

The tourists that were around gave them and the water/electric hazard a very wide berth.

Nahhh,, this is not the pinnacle of stupidity, I have seen a guy using an arc welder in the rain,

no eye protection and no shoes standing on the very beam he's welding....

I was under the impression this was part of natural selection. I may be wrong however. I have tried to explain to welders that those sunglasses they use may not only not help but may enhance the damage. None the less , ignorance is ignorance is ignorance. I just hope the natural selection has gone the other way and a lot of the young people have developed resistance ot burned retina and will not go blind in 5 years or so.?

Nahhh,, this is not the pinnacle of stupidity, I have seen a guy using an arc welder in the rain,

no eye protection and no shoes standing on the very beam he's welding....

why he would need eye protection when there is no sun, as you say he was welding in the rain giggle.gif

Hope he does not go through Maenam today.... They usually have the road checks for helmets on Thursday! .....biggrin.pngwhistling.gif

When I saw him he had his arms out straight, guess he's done his hair by then! rolleyes.giffacepalm.gif

He was wearing a helmet yesterday when I saw him near BigC.

Stupidity in Samui, not unlike that in all parts of the world!

Many moons ago I used t own a bar on Soi Green Mango.

Late one night a "farang" girl came into the bar crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she had just had her purse stolen. She said that she was sitting at the bar in the Green Mango and someone asked her to dance and when she came back her purse was gone. Stupid right, leave your purse on the bar and expect it to be there when you come back! Then she said that everything that she had was in her purse, her passport, wallet, credit cards, money and her return airline ticket. I asked her why she would take all of that with her and her reply was that she was afraid to leave it in her room as it might be stolen!! So leave it on the bar while you go dancing.

Ocassionaly a farang tried to leave the Green Mango without paying their bill and as thay walked down the Soi they didn't realized that the 3 or 4 Thais that were following them were not out for a Sunday stroll, especially the short one in the back that carried an 18 inch piece of pipe. The end of their night was not a pleasant experience.

Just sitting here thinking about it, the list could go on and on for a very long time, my personal experiences included.

How stupid... really.

What is the point of combing your hair on a motorbike!!!!!

If he was really combing his hair on the motorbike, the next time you see him he will probably be using the ashtray.

Stupidity in Samui, not unlike that in all parts of the world!

Many moons ago I used t own a bar on Soi Green Mango.

Late one night a "farang" girl came into the bar crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she had just had her purse stolen. She said that she was sitting at the bar in the Green Mango and someone asked her to dance and when she came back her purse was gone. Stupid right, leave your purse on the bar and expect it to be there when you come back! Then she said that everything that she had was in her purse, her passport, wallet, credit cards, money and her return airline ticket. I asked her why she would take all of that with her and her reply was that she was afraid to leave it in her room as it might be stolen!! So leave it on the bar while you go dancing.

Ocassionaly a farang tried to leave the Green Mango without paying their bill and as thay walked down the Soi they didn't realized that the 3 or 4 Thais that were following them were not out for a Sunday stroll, especially the short one in the back that carried an 18 inch piece of pipe. The end of their night was not a pleasant experience.

Just sitting here thinking about it, the list could go on and on for a very long time, my personal experiences included.

Reminds me of a recent post on a well known travel advisery site. Young girl posting a warning about apparent local theives who supposedly stole her hand bag.

The hand bag had been left at a bar, unattended, sitting on a table beachfront as she went for a swim.

Then she gets online and cries wolf. I was dumbfounded anyone would do such a careless thing then have the audacity to complain about a theft.

A video of the likely culprit has appeared on facebook:

The only saving grace is that he was never more than 1km from a hospital:)

I thought you guys were kidding. Jesus, how do you even pull that off? I can barely stand on flat ground without falling. Mightily impressed by his skills and mindboggling stupidity. I'd pick pentobarbitone if it was me.

Edited by AngThong