Yingluck, Prayuth discuss Army reshuffle

webfact

Yingluck, Prayuth discuss Army reshuffle
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister and Defence Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Wednesday held a meeting with Army chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha and the permanent secretary for Defence to discuss the Army's reshuffle list.

Yingluck met Prayuth and Permanent Secretary for Defence Gen Nipat Thonglek at the auditorium room of the Air Force at 10:30 am.

Yingluck told the Army chief to complete the list and provide background of all transferred officers and submit them to Nipat, who will combine reshuffle lists of all the four armed forces.

The meeting lasted for an hour and Prayuth returned to the Army headquarters at 1 pm.

A source said Yingluck assured Prayuth that she would not interfere in the reshuffle list but she would like Prayuth to complete the Army's list and send it to Nipat by Friday morning so that Nipat could combine the lists and send the combined list to her.

According to the source, Yingluck said she would like to see the list before she would hold a meeting of the Defence Ministry committee in charge of approving generals' transfers.

The source said the committee was scheduled to hold a meeting at 4 pm on Friday.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-06

Time for Chaiyasit Shinawatra to make a grand re-entrance? He can't still be in the doghouse for arranging a Royal trophy(without palace consent) to that boxing match in Macao in Thaksin's honor can he? All hail Chaiyasit, all hail Shinawatra!!!!

• Like 2

What are the terms of a caretaker government, I would have thought that appointments , budgets , promotions could not be carried out by a caretaker government, until elections and a new government has been installed, generally caretaker governments should only carry on the mandate of the previous administration, hence the stalling of supposedly payments to the Rice farmers, as no budget was allowed for payments.bah.gif

If this is outside their remit, i am sure the army will have no problem putting a halt to the reshuffle/promotion exercise and pointing this out, in the best interest of the country.........

Seriously i would have thought they have far more important things on their agendas to be getting on with!!

What are the terms of a caretaker government, I would have thought that appointments , budgets , promotions could not be carried out by a caretaker government, until elections and a new government has been installed, generally caretaker governments should only carry on the mandate of the previous administration, hence the stalling of supposedly payments to the Rice farmers, as no budget was allowed for payments.bah.gif

If this is outside their remit, i am sure the army will have no problem putting a halt to the reshuffle/promotion exercise and pointing this out, in the best interest of the country.........

Seriously i would have thought they have far more important things on their agendas to be getting on with!!

They do but they don't realize it.

Ah so it is the fault of the PDRC and yellow shirt sympathizers the farmers were not paid.

The government can't transfer officials while in caretaker mode.

• Like 1

Yingluck met Prayuth and Permanent Secretary for Defence Gen Nipat Thonglek at the auditorium room of the Air Force at 10:30 am

The meeting lasted for an hour and Prayuth returned to the Army headquarters at 1 pm.

I guess they had som tam together for the rest of the 90min...

Yingluck told the Army chief to complete the list and provide background of all transferred officers and submit them to Nipat, who will combine reshuffle lists of all the four armed forces.

I could have told him that in about 5min...

They do but they don't realize it.

Realise what, everything is running smoothly and the end of session sales start soon, so what is there to worry about? laugh.png

Yingluck has to grovel for permission from the EC just to sign the reshuffle list. Prayuth has a completely free hand to appoint all, including his own replacement and the new commander of the Navy. He will be rolling in it and Thaksin must be beside himself with rage that he can't insert any of his nasty little Chinese cousins into senior roles this time.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Yingluck has to grovel for permission from the EC just to sign the reshuffle list. Prayuth has a completely free hand to appoint all, including his own replacement and the new commander of the Navy. He will be rolling in it and Thaksin must be beside himself with rage that he can't insert any of his nasty little Chinese cousins into senior roles this time.cheesy.gif

Yes its hilarious, that TS wont be able to get his people in charge, instead we will have Prayuth putting all of his old class mates in key positions, who will then be beholden to him for eternity as he continues to control what happens in Thailand until he passes on along with all the other old retired Generals.

Not having TS's people filling all the key positions is great, but i dont see how it would be much improvement or cause for laughter just having another person do exactly the same, who in all probability simply supports the other side, so still very politicized and divisive. What would be ideal would be for an independent body (if possible) to assess people's capability and performance rather than their classmates etc and then recommend for reshuffle/promotion. Same for police and all the civil service though, its all about who you know etc Of course it wont change as those at the top who could change it are the ones who have benefited from it, and will continue to do so.

HMMM! So now that they do not like what the Armed Forces are doing (looking into sedition), they want to reshuffle to get their followers to be the top brass! Well, I guess this is one way of getting people out of their way!

yl wants more family and red shirts members in high positions to stop anyone moving against her and the ptp. One has to wonder, as only a stand in if she or her cabinet have the power to do this especially when there are charges hanging over their heads. Looks more like an attempt to preclude anything untoward happening to her or her ministers to me.

DM wants a reshuffle, eh? Perhaps to sort of "light a fire" under the military to start getting a little more "proactive" in carrying out Big Brother's wishes? Now this could be interesting... Maybe we'll be soon hearing about a judicial "reshuffle" as well.

It is interesting that Ms. Yingluck is not so rushed when it comes to accommodating the NACC, but wants Prayuth to get something done in two days. In any event, she is a private citizen now. It's none of her business.

It is interesting that Ms. Yingluck is not so rushed when it comes to accommodating the NACC, but wants Prayuth to get something done in two days. In any event, she is a private citizen now. It's none of her business.

Bust 'em both then. Throw away the keys. Pretenders that they are - according to you.

The army chief and the chiefs of all the armed forces meet every day with private citizens, such as YS, to discuss who shall assume the senior command positions of the armed forces, don't they?? According to you, there are a couple of dozen pretenders sitting in ministry offices illegally and illegitimately claiming to be the caretaker government of Thailand.

Who gave the order or command to remove or dissolve the caretaker government / cabinet and when was the order given??

Fact is YS continues to be the caretaker prime minister, your foggy fantasies notwithstanding. The caretaker cabinet / government continues as such regardless of your fringe and marginal assertions. No official order or command has changed the fact.

The fact.

Where is the Airforce Auditorium then? Sounds like it's in Bangkok, and if that's the case people seemed to have missed the fact she's not exactly in hiding in Chiang Mai then ??

Not hiding in Chiang Mai is true, but she's hiding out in Essan. Same same.

Where is the Airforce Auditorium then? Sounds like it's in Bangkok, and if that's the case people seemed to have missed the fact she's not exactly in hiding in Chiang Mai then ??

She is back there now. She could not avoid this meeting because her dear brother MUST see this list as soon as possible, his plans depend on it. She has announced the next 5 days are in the north (as usual) But apart from this crucial meeting, she is back in exile and a state of abandonment of office.

I doubt that it is going to make good bedtime reading for him.

Onwards and upwards.

Bust 'em both then. Throw away the keys. Pretenders that they are - according to you.

The army chief and the chiefs of all the armed forces meet every day with private citizens, such as YS, to discuss who shall assume the senior command positions of the armed forces, don't they?? According to you, there are a couple of dozen pretenders sitting in ministry offices illegally and illegitimately claiming to be the caretaker government of Thailand.

Who gave the order or command to remove or dissolve the caretaker government / cabinet and when was the order given??

Fact is YS continues to be the caretaker prime minister, your foggy fantasies notwithstanding. The caretaker cabinet / government continues as such regardless of your fringe and marginal assertions. No official order or command has changed the fact.

The fact.

Lol. And WHO might you be referring to, if such a person now even exists? Who has the authority to "give" such an "order" to someone exercising power, rightly or wrongly, as head of state (who gives ALL the orders...)? If such a person should refuse to voluntarily step down, say, as the result of previous court ruling or expiration of a constitutional provision, WHO has the credible authority to make them?