How do i get rid of wasps in my condo

ezzra

I have a problem with a persistent mob of wasps who took to make their nest in the balcony of

my CM condo, shooed them away several time but they keep coming back, I know that there

are wasp repellant in forms of spray and dust but I have no idea where to get them from,

any ideas guys?

you need to find the nest and kill the queen.

dont know what chemicals are available here but back home you can buy a basic powder that you blow into the nest and does the job. sorry cant remember the name but you should be able to search it.

You will have to find the nest, they return at night to it,you will have to try to follow them.I have had success by this method, then once all in side, spray into the hole with petrol, DO NOT LIGHT IT.The fumes and liquid do the job. This worked in a huge nest in a hollow log.

Go to the perol station and buy a small bottle of gasoline, 1 liter. Pour some of it into a used open toped can. Find the nest. Wait until it is dark and all of the bees are in the nest. Throw the entire amount of gasoline directly into the nest. DON'T SET FIRE TO IT!! It will kill the bees then you can scrap off the nest and clean the area good with soapy water. I just did the same with some carpenter bees that decided to bore their holes in the table in the Gazebo. I filled a spray bottle with petrol, sprayed the holes and then filled them with caulking compound. The canned sparys are sh*t! AND YOU WILL ONLY GET YOU STUNG ESPECIALLY WITH AGRESSIVE WASPS OR HORNETS.

If they're only looking to build a new nest then I find the best way to get rid of them is to continuously spray the affected areas with Chaindrite or Chendrite - it's noxious stuff so don't breathe it in when you're spraying it.

They don't like this and usually disappear pretty quickly, but they will come back a few days later.

Just continue spraying the area with this every couple of days and they move on elsewhere.

I have this issue right now - I don't know where their main nest is but it must be somewhere nearby, it's not on the land where I live but these guys are looking to expand and build new nests by the looks of it and I'm managing to discourage them so far by using this stuff.

Their nest is hanging from the balcony's ceilings in my condo in CM and the locals

identify it as the tiger wasp variety, pretty aggressive and will hurt you bad if provoked,

I'll try the petrol throwing method as it seems that nothing else is available for such

problem,,, just as well I don't live there but it's not a good sight when you're trying

to sell or rent the place...

post-185451-0-42511700-1394188890_thumb.post-185451-0-99246700-1394188891_thumb.post-185451-0-34537700-1394188893_thumb.In January I came across bees nesting in my condo .. a leaking pipe above had made a hole and a nesting place was found.

My building engineers were kind enough to deal with it.

ahem THIS IS NOT recommended... They took a coconut brush and set fire to it to allow smoke to quieten them. Physically they removed the hive and the "honeycomb" . BEWARE SETTING FIRE TO ANYTHING

the doors were then closed and a combo of Chandrite crevice spay and Tesco flying insect spray was used .

next day no bees left . problem sorted.

I had to take pictures as I did not believe it !

post-185451-0-36489200-1394188888_thumb.

• Like 1

Please do not use petrol, It is very affective in killing wasps but also Humans and Condos. Go to the hardware shop and ask for a wasp killer Puff it into the entry point and they will be dead within the hour, No need to even get near the nest itself just a little into the entry hole a pour a Shinger and by the time you have finished so will they be,

The first thing is do not do any thing in the day you must wait till they are all back to the nest in the night time leave it till after midnight and have your balcony lights out. Get a good spray, the insect stuff in the supermarket, get 2 one in each hand and just drown them inthe nest with it, that should do it. A wast/bee iradicater in New Zealand told me this and it worked perfect with the long leg wasps we had.