Incoming post

curlywatt

I packaged up a second hand phone yesterday to post from Ireland to Thailand. I went to my local post office here in Dublin and requested a registered delivery, the girl asked what was in the package, when I told her she said "cannot send because Thai customs won't allow because of battery in phone" . Sounds strange to me, anyone any knowledge of same, many thanks in advance

Go again to the post office and when asked, say it is a mobile phone with removed battery....Or tell it is the remote control of the TV, which you accidentally packed when you left last time.

Problem fixed.

^ Good idea, however, I don't think that it's wise. What if the customs here in Thailand opens it and find a Phone where on the customs declaration it states it's a "Remote Control for the TV. "

wai.gif

Come to think of it. my phone can control my TV (but that's another story) thumbsup.gif

Just guessing, but maybe they are afraid it could explode in transit ?

Sent from my iPad, so please excuse any typos

Haven't there been cases of I phone batteries bursting into flames guess that's a good reason not to put them in the post

This is of course complete crap. People mail goods with batteries in the international post all the time.

There are regulations about sending Lithium Ion batteries on their own which are not installed in a device for various carriers but that's something entirely different.

Just mail it.

• Like 1