Hospital in Bangkok under gun attack

webfact

Again another mystery attack on a PDRC supporterl in an empty area with no one hurt and a little damage but great propaganda value!

To many no victim attacks with no one hurt and very little damage, makes one wonder, who really is responsible!

Cheers

Who indeed? Looks like a duck. Walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. Oh it must be canary.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again another mystery attack on a PDRC supporterl in an empty area with no one hurt and a little damage but great propaganda value!

To many no victim attacks with no one hurt and very little damage, makes one wonder, who really is responsible!

Cheers

Too many victim attacks (even it were only one). Ask the question cui bono? What's the motive? Who gets advantage from the attacks?

Protestors were intimidated and there number diminished, Advantage for whom? Protestors were killed - Advantage for whom? Who applauded?

Nobody taking responsibility. A third party invented (man in black - red shirts in black?)

I would not be surprised at all if those attackers, red or black are coming from the same origin fighting for the same purpose..

I really wonder why nobody else seems to be drawn to this logic

• Like 1

What is the purpose? If it's intimidation it hasn't worked, the protests are still ongoing

The instigators know who the leaders are, and where they live, as has been seen in previous "incident"

Who really benefits from everything that's going on, where has the eye been taken off the ball so to speak ?

It might walk like a duck, swim like a duck, and quack like a duck, but it might have a very different set of religious beliefs than the other ducks..it still makes it a duck!!! ;)

"Why after the 2006 coup the Democrats did not promote better health care and education for all (in special to farmers and peasants), open public libraries to anyone seeking more knowledge and thus educate the farmers, the humble people in the hinterlands?

Because an Ammart is an Ammart and to them, Bangkok IS Thailand."

One day these Ammart? Rich /Military/courts/elite, maybe they will learn in the end that Bankok is NOT Thaliand

• Like 1

"Why after the 2006 coup the Democrats did not promote better health care and education for all (in special to farmers and peasants), open public libraries to anyone seeking more knowledge and thus educate the farmers, the humble people in the hinterlands?

Because an Ammart is an Ammart and to them, Bangkok IS Thailand."

One day these Ammart? Rich /Military/courts/elite, maybe they will learn in the end that Bankok is NOT Thaliand

by shooting at a hospital?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Wonder how the TAT will spin this, as they are in the middle of a big campaign to promote Thailand

for medical tourism......

" Get a face lift here, and for excitement ,dodge a few bullets so you have exciting stories to

tell your friendsback home".

One this ongoing protests have taught me, is that there is a lot of people

here with a screw loose. Attack hospitals ? What the bleep kind of nut does that.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

The missus showed me a photo of a Red disconnecting the power to a hospital by pulling the pole top fuses near the transformer. Sitting in the shade were two cops.

Didn't do a thing to intervene. Apparently the hospital had a banner on it that the reds took offence to.

QUOTE:

"... it (the hospital) also treated other patients who have different ideology with the PDRC equally without bias.

The 400-bed hospital director was seen on many occasions trying to persuade police from using force against the protesters when they came to evacuate protesters led by Luang. Poo Buddha-issara blockading the Government Center Complex on Chaengwattana road."

Without bias... ???

Can anybody expect a hospital run by a director who is publicly advocating in favor of protesters to treat anyone, regardless of obvious political affiliation, without bias?

Of course that the Abhisittards and Suthepistas will flame me on the basis of "principles". Please, cite facts without taking the issue ad hominem or using Sophistry.

The truth is more obvious that the denial of facts: Doctors, lawyers, judges, and other "educated" people in Bangkok are, or want to be, part of the Ammart (Bangkok elite).

All one needs to do to earn their support and graces is to show willingness to want revenge oppose the Thaksin regime.

However, the 63 million plus of Thais in the country are not part of the educated Ammart in Bangkok. Those uneducated Thais are the backbone of Thailand's economy.

Why have the Democrats failed to connect for the better part of 20 years with the vast majority of the uneducated in the country?

Why after the 2006 coup the Democrats did not promote better health care and education for all (in special to farmers and peasants), open public libraries to anyone seeking more knowledge and thus educate the farmers, the humble people in the hinterlands?

Because an Ammart is an Ammart and to them, Bangkok IS Thailand.

Well said. Thailand is underdeveloped largely because the elite does not want to Thailand to change. Why would they want Thailand to change? They make fortunes and have access to cheap labour and servants, and heck, they can even get away with murder, literally. They have monopolized wealth and restricted social mobility upwards. If you are a smart and talented Isaan boy (or southern boy) you can NEVER make it to the elite unless you win the lottery.

I have noticed that many of our thai visa "friends" are also supporting the elite for a status quo, but I suspect the motives are different. These guys want to remain in a Thailand where there is cheap booze and cheap hookers are still worshipping the fat, aged, western failures residing on bars tools around Thailand.

Edited by BestBitterPhuket
  • Like 2

QUOTE:

"... it (the hospital) also treated other patients who have different ideology with the PDRC equally without bias.

The 400-bed hospital director was seen on many occasions trying to persuade police from using force against the protesters when they came to evacuate protesters led by Luang. Poo Buddha-issara blockading the Government Center Complex on Chaengwattana road."

Without bias... ???

Can anybody expect a hospital run by a director who is publicly advocating in favor of protesters to treat anyone, regardless of obvious political affiliation, without bias?

Of course that the Abhisittards and Suthepistas will flame me on the basis of "principles". Please, cite facts without taking the issue ad hominem or using Sophistry.

The truth is more obvious that the denial of facts: Doctors, lawyers, judges, and other "educated" people in Bangkok are, or want to be, part of the Ammart (Bangkok elite).

All one needs to do to earn their support and graces is to show willingness to want revenge oppose the Thaksin regime.

However, the 63 million plus of Thais in the country are not part of the educated Ammart in Bangkok. Those uneducated Thais are the backbone of Thailand's economy.

Why have the Democrats failed to connect for the better part of 20 years with the vast majority of the uneducated in the country?

Why after the 2006 coup the Democrats did not promote better health care and education for all (in special to farmers and peasants), open public libraries to anyone seeking more knowledge and thus educate the farmers, the humble people in the hinterlands?

Well said. Thailand is underdeveloped largely because the elite does not want to Thailand to change. Why would they want Thailand to change? They make fortunes and have access to cheap labour and servants, and heck, they can even get away with murder, literally. They have monopolized wealth and restricted social mobility upwards. If you are a smart and talented Isaan boy (or southern boy) you can NEVER make it to the elite unless you win the lottery.

I have noticed that many of our thai visa "friends" are also supporting the elite for a status quo, but I suspect the motives are different. These guys want to remain in a Thailand where there is cheap booze and cheap hookers are still worshipping the fat, aged, western failures residing on bars tools around Thailand.

What's wrong with cheap booze ??? rolleyes.gif

'Maj Gen Dr Rienthong Nanna, director of the hospital, posted on his Facebook that the attack took place at about 8pm when an unidentified group shot at the hospital which is opposite a rally site.

He condemned the attack, saying hospitals have never been the targets even in the World War or any battlefields'.

Actually, they have. Soldiers of Thailand's old WW2 ally Japan attacked many hospitals and bayoneted wounded soldiers lying in the beds.

lets see, who has previous experience at doing this to hospitals.

Hopefully they won't steal any corpses this this time, or send goons to threaten hospital staff.

I think it pertinent to add that the families of the dead did not give permission for the bodies of their loved ones to be paraded in public to drive a political agenda. The bodies of the dead where effectively stolen from the morgue by the terrorists.

I have not seen one PDRC leader steal corpses and parade them around. I have also not seen one PDRC protestor storm hospitals either. Seen a lot of PDRC supporters murdered and attacked though. Of course the opposition would suggest that was not the same people that stole corpses and stormed hospitals.

'Maj Gen Dr Rienthong Nanna, director of the hospital, posted on his Facebook that the attack took place at about 8pm when an unidentified group shot at the hospital which is opposite a rally site.

He condemned the attack, saying hospitals have never been the targets even in the World War or any battlefields'.

Actually, they have. Soldiers of Thailand's old WW2 ally Japan attacked many hospitals and bayoneted wounded soldiers lying in the beds.

WOW. So you have highlighted that Dr Nanna being a doctor of medicine is actually not a professor of history.

WOW. So you have highlighted that Dr Nanna being a doctor of medicine is actually not a professor of history.

No, I have given information for those who may not know what happened in the war. Now go and pester someone else if you can't make sensible non partisan comment.

QUOTE:

Without bias... ???

You tell people to cite facts. How about you provide some facts regarding your thesis that the doctors and nurses will treat red shirts worse than others?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well of course they will treat them worse... if they treat them at all. Thai healthcare is based on a user pays system. (Don't include the rudimentary 35 baht cover.) If you have a serious illness or have had an accident, if you don't have sufficient funds, you will not receive care. I can cite several examples where treatment is not administered until funds are presented. (Both Farang and Thai cases). The demographical evidence confirms that the groups represented by the red-shirts come from lower income sections of the community, it stands to reason therefore, that they get diminished medical care.

Go easy on pmugghc. He is a wannabe arm chair protestor in denial of reality. He demands I provide facts (which you did rather accurately) about my comment.

Did you notice that he did not address any of the questions I posed in my comment?

Furthermore I add to your post my personal experience at a major private hospital in a neighboring province Doctors and head nurses I know who confided to me the following: directives from the director and administrator of the hospital is to give preference to patients in ER who have their own insurance. Other patients, regardless of their condition and gravity of their injuries in the ER are given a perfunctory once over and usually transferred to a government hospital where they do not fair any better.

It stands to reason that all of those students, future and/or current Ammart protesting, would have a private insurance and/or will be covered by the deep pockets of "donors" aiding and abetting their protest. How do you think those protesters pay their bills after 3 plus months of "protesting"?

That is another question for you pmugghc.

QUOTE:

Without bias... ???

Yes that's what can be expected from normal people with healthy ethics, in particular from medical personal. Have you ever heard that in war the medical staff always treats wounded enemies without bias.

I can only image evil or stupid people thinking like you. And red shirts, of course

Do you have the necessary wherewithal to address the questions I posed in my post?

Or you prefer to sling insults to people that have a dissenting point of view to yours?

People who do not address the topics or issues and holler and resort to personal attacks, insults ad hominem (look it up), show with their attitude and the true colors of their minds.

No, I have given information for those who may not know what happened in the war. Now go and pester someone else if you can't make sensible non partisan comment.

No, but you have. He is not knowledgeable on history AND you have highlighted what others may not have known.

No need to get get so defensive...

The hospital opened itself up to counter protests when it went beyond simply advocating a position, to becoming an active participant in the protests.

He only said, from the OP, that they didn't want the police to use violence against the protesters.

Maybe i missed a different report, so excuse me... but from i can see

the above comment from the director of the hospital has been stretched and twisted to imply that they (the hospital) are protecting the PDRC protesters, and even to the point (to quote) "The hospital has served as a convenient "shelter" for anti government protestors, some of whom are not in need of medical care."

but i fail to see where anything or anybody says anything like that at all.

so please, educate me.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

QUOTE:

Without bias... ???

You ask people to refrain from using ad hominem attacks, and then immediately launch into a statement chock full of ad hominem attacks.

As per your request, I will refrain from ad hominem and simply point out that someone who tells others to NOT do something while doing it themselves is, by definition, a hypocrite.

• Like 1

This story certainly puts the BBC report today in perspective;

Some of Thailand's biggest companies have staked large amounts of money on the PDRC succeeding in its bid to oust the Shinawatra clan. They, and every other party that has backed a protest movement that turned into an insurrection, fear retribution from the pro-Thaksin camp if they fail.

Most of your posts make sense. But this one. What the above quoted post has got to do with the attack on hospital in Bangkok?

Anyway it was another cowardly and despicable attack. It doesn't surprise in the slightest. I still remember with disgust how red shirts/UDD defenders of 'democracy' treated patients and staff at Chula Hospital in 2010.

Recently, we read a story on how a UDD supporter was refused treatment at a hospital. At the time, I pointed out that hospitals don't have the security to control groups fighting each other and that sometimes it is for the safety of all patients that some non critical cases be turned away. I also mentioned that the private sector hospitals, the for profit hospitals, do not want expanded public hospital services and are acting to protect their own business operations. The private hospital sector for the most part does not support the PTP because the PTP has long wanted to expand the role of public health care.

This story illustrates the support that some private health care businesses have given to the anti government protestors. If the PTP is replaced by a political group more private health care friendly, then the private health care profits are protected. I do not support violence. However, the alleged attack on a private business that has been vocal in its support of the ouster of the government and has actively supported the protest movement, is an attack on the business and not on the hospital per se.

I do wonder if this was a faked incident, but a violent incident by a hothead would not surprise me. There are a lot of idiots walking around with firearms. A hospital should not be actively supporting violent protestors. It certainly has every right to advocate on behalf of its own vested business interest. Unfortunately, the hospital has become a center for political activity and not a hospital. It is similar to people complaining when a sniper takes up a position in a church spire or a mosque minaret and the target of the sniper returns fire damaging the building. The hospital has served as a convenient "shelter" for anti government protestors, some of whom are not in need of medical care. The hospital opened itself up to counter protests when it went beyond simply advocating a position, to becoming an active participant in the protests.

Mongkut Wattana private hospital also volunteered to treat anti-democracy protesters during Suthep's miserably failed insurrection as announced by insurrectionist leaders to their street thug activists. Chaeng Wattana Road and surrounding roads had been closed off by insurrectionists except to allow Mongkut Wattana medical personal to evacuate any anti-democracy street thugs that may have been injured to it.

I suppose if a cop had been injured near Mongkut Wattana private hospital they would have taken him to a dentist.

I certainly don't ever under any circumstances support or advocate assaulting hospitals or medical personnel, but neither do I support or endorse behaviors by insurrectionists or their fellows that in fact violate the Geneva Conventions which, while not literally applicable in a mob insurrection against a government, do apply in their spirit and humanity.

Maj Gen Dr Rienthong Nanna, director of the hospital, being an eejit‎ wouldn't know anything about that as he majored in ....

This story certainly puts the BBC report today in perspective;

Some of Thailand's biggest companies have staked large amounts of money on the PDRC succeeding in its bid to oust the Shinawatra clan. They, and every other party that has backed a protest movement that turned into an insurrection, fear retribution from the pro-Thaksin camp if they fail.

Most of your posts make sense. But this one. What the above quoted post has got to do with the attack on hospital in Bangkok?

Anyway it was another cowardly and despicable attack. It doesn't surprise in the slightest. I still remember with disgust how red shirts/UDD defenders of 'democracy' treated patients and staff at Chula Hospital in 2010.

Recently, we read a story on how a UDD supporter was refused treatment at a hospital. At the time, I pointed out that hospitals don't have the security to control groups fighting each other and that sometimes it is for the safety of all patients that some non critical cases be turned away. I also mentioned that the private sector hospitals, the for profit hospitals, do not want expanded public hospital services and are acting to protect their own business operations. The private hospital sector for the most part does not support the PTP because the PTP has long wanted to expand the role of public health care.

This story illustrates the support that some private health care businesses have given to the anti government protestors. If the PTP is replaced by a political group more private health care friendly, then the private health care profits are protected. I do not support violence. However, the alleged attack on a private business that has been vocal in its support of the ouster of the government and has actively supported the protest movement, is an attack on the business and not on the hospital per se.

I do wonder if this was a faked incident, but a violent incident by a hothead would not surprise me. There are a lot of idiots walking around with firearms. A hospital should not be actively supporting violent protestors. It certainly has every right to advocate on behalf of its own vested business interest. Unfortunately, the hospital has become a center for political activity and not a hospital. It is similar to people complaining when a sniper takes up a position in a church spire or a mosque minaret and the target of the sniper returns fire damaging the building. The hospital has served as a convenient "shelter" for anti government protestors, some of whom are not in need of medical care. The hospital opened itself up to counter protests when it went beyond simply advocating a position, to becoming an active participant in the protests.

Mongkut Wattana private hospital also volunteered to treat anti-democracy protesters during Suthep's miserably failed insurrection as announced by insurrectionist leaders to their street thug activists. Chaeng Wattana Road and surrounding roads had been closed off by insurrectionists except to allow Mongkut Wattana medical personal to evacuate any anti-democracy street thugs that may have been injured to it.

I suppose if a cop had been injured near Mongkut Wattana private hospital they would have taken him to a dentist.

I certainly don't ever under any circumstances support or advocate assaulting hospitals or medical personnel, but neither do I support or endorse behaviors by insurrectionists or their fellows that in fact violate the Geneva Conventions which, while not literally applicable in a mob insurrection against a government, do apply in their spirit and humanity.

I just don't get it.

I know the hospital near the visa center. Always full. Aging kit but good doctors.

My wife prefers to go there rather than Bumrungrad as she was treated like an inferior being there.

It's all about class really and treating with contempt the poor, the northerners.

I pity the poor fools who married into thai "class."