Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the families just have to accept that their loved ones are buried at sea somewhere in the Indian ocean . It will take time but eventually they will understand that in this accident you can't blame Malaysia or anyone else for the way they handled the search efforts.

And a reminder of the personal tragedy this is for those effected.

Kiwi mum: As I was shopping in Perth my husband was crashing into the ocean nearby.

When Danica Weeks first heard that the Malaysia Airlines flight her husband Paul was on was missing, she never thought an international search effort would be based only 10 minutes from their Perth home.

Mr Weeks, 39, was one of 227 passengers on board flight MH370, which disappeared on March 8 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

After a debris field possibly connected to MH370 was discovered off the coast of Western Australia last week and new information was gleaned about the Boeing 777's last movements, Malaysian authorities said the plane had probably crashed into the Southern Indian Ocean and all on board had perished.

Mrs Weeks, like many of the other MH370 families, was given the crushing news by text message.

Last night, she spoke for the first time about that message and how she and their two little boys were coping.

She described the heartache of living so close to where the possible wreckage was found in an interview with Australia's 60 Minutes programme.

"So close [where the plane went down] and I would have been out at the shops at the time. I was in Perth merrily going along our family way while he was crashing into the ocean," she said.

Mrs Weeks also revealed she still hadn't told her sons Lincoln, 3, and Jack, 11 months, that their beloved father was gone. She said Lincoln knew something was wrong and kept asking her where his father was.

More here - nzherald

"Diego Garcia alone is crawling with surveillance equipment..do you think 'unidentified' objects can fly in the Indian Ocean undetected?

This ain't the 1930's"

PLEASE, tell us how you know that Diego Garcia has all this equipment? Have you been there? It is not a place where civilians can just drop in, so how did you get to go there? I am very interested as I've been there. Looking forward to your answer with great anticipation.

In this present age of incredible technology. I cannot imagine any real use for this "black box" when surely it is possible to re-transmit all the data being received, plus the location coordinates on regular and frequent intervals, to a home base or bases on land. On safe landing any information can easily be scrubbed clean ready for the next flight data logging. Something very simple to do, this slide-rule wielding luddite would think.

the pilot had gone cranky and odd in recent times

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-pilot-3303379

The captain of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 had been acting strangely in recent months, it was revealed yesterday.

Zaharie Ahmad Shah’s daughter Aishah, 28, admitted he “was not the father I knew.” She added: “He seemed disturbed and lost – in a world of his own. He was distant and cranky.”

Shah’s wife Faizah also told how the pilot spent hours alone in his room where he had built a flight simulator. She said: “He just retreated into a shell.”

Edited by 3NUMBAS

Just showing some nonsensical protest from the families in kl.

They demand an apology for withholding info, they demand that Boeing meet with them? To discuss exactly what.

They accuse the Malaysians of withholding info? Nuts. Nuts nuts.

You're right, they don't withhold any info, Malaysian Airlines even told the families that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean and that all their relatives were dead, without actually having a clue what happened to the plane and its passengers.

Please try to keep up.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/24/flight-mh370-inmarsat-aaib-analysis

What I have to keep up with ?

Did they find the plane at that location or are they since searching at a location more than 1100km away from there , and that one also turns out to be a negative.

Keep up with the press conferences and why Malaysia's Acting Transport Minister made the announcement that the flight ended in the Indian Ocean.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/specialreports/mh370/videos/all-search-efforts-for/1048150.html

......http://www.naturalnews.com/044511_Flight_370_reality_check_government_involvement.html..........

....20 people....from the same corporation....holding a revolutionary patent......'disappear'...on this flight.....leaving a Rothschild with exclusive rights......

.....so many things NOT right in this world.......

Now THERE's a mainstream news site EVERYbody should be following. The "Health Ranger". YGTBSM cheesy.gif

With our worldwide members scanning many media and with a wealth of experience explain

1 Why would Maldivians and the pilgrim woman on plane back to KL indepentantly lie,without foreknowledge of the mystery?

2 Has any independant non NATO journalist seen inside the hangars at Dago Garcia last month?

3 Is it credible that RAAF didn't track an object potentialy 20 mins offshore (if it was e..g. a Tomcat,of course it wasnt but if they can ID incoming at mach2+ and refugee boats weeks out,seems very odd no record of 777 barely 900miles offshore,of course they wouldn't have failed if there was nothing to see.

4 Even the vintage F16s of the Indonesian air force have a theoretical ability of Mach 2+,whether operational but from Kupang on Timur to Darwin in less than the time from Geraldton W.A.to the search zone ?

5 Why would MAS state all souls lost,incomptence,insensitivity,advice from shaman or did they know that Malays shoot it down in error,if so why continue search risking lives of sailors and airmen?

Seems as if China, Russia et al. would have satellites and spy assets fousing in bases such as Diego Garcia so I guess they must be in on it to.

"2. Has any independent non NATO journalist seen inside the hangars at Diego Garcia last month?" (spelling corrected)

Why would the US Navy allow a non NATO journalist (or any journalist for that matter) into its facility? What would you expect to find in a hangar? I think you would be in for a big surprise if you did happen to see inside. biggrin.png

You're right, they don't withhold any info, Malaysian Airlines even told the families that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean and that all their relatives were dead, without actually having a clue what happened to the plane and its passengers.

Please try to keep up.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/24/flight-mh370-inmarsat-aaib-analysis

What I have to keep up with ?

Did they find the plane at that location or are they since searching at a location more than 1100km away from there , and that one also turns out to be a negative.

Keep up with the press conferences and why Malaysia's Acting Transport Minister made the announcement that the flight ended in the Indian Ocean.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/specialreports/mh370/videos/all-search-efforts-for/1048150.html

Why are you defending these guys ?

I know very well why they made the statement, but do you think it is justified to make such a sensitive announcement without checking their facts ?

Normal Defence and ATC radars cannot see "over the horizon". The radar range for an aircraft at 35,000 ft is about 500 km - the predicted track of this flight is beyond this range. Australia does have an "over the horizon" surveillance system, which can see targets on the ground/water at about 3000 km range. There are 3 sites on the Australian mainland for this system, but not all are operating at the one time.

The site that looks over the Indian Ocean would most likely not have been in operation at the time - they were not expecting anything to be there. The sites that look to the North West and North may have been operating and would have been looking for refuge boats coming from Indonesia.

Yes we can all feel sympathy for the relatives of those lost - and there is no other conclusion now that those on board have perished. The Malaysian PM was right to state this. I know from bitter personal experience when one has lost a child or relative that the only way forward is to accept what has happened and to try to live in peace with yourself. Very hard to do, but hysterical behaviour and wild accusations will not help anyone.

Well,,,, I said similar before,,which was deleted,,,, WHY, ANYONE is able to turn off the, "black boxes/transponders",,, is BEYOND ME!,,,, make them rely on the planes electrical system,,, "ping",, send ALL current data at that point, EVERY 5 mins,,, if the main electrical system goes down,, gets shut down,, go to battery back up,,, there is NO reason,, for a pilot, or ANYONE... to be able to, COMPLETELY shut down such a system,,, NO REASON!,,,

Well,,,, I said similar before,,which was deleted,,,, WHY, ANYONE is able to turn off the, "black boxes/transponders",,, is BEYOND ME!,,,, make them rely on the planes electrical system,,, "ping",, send ALL current data at that point, EVERY 5 mins,,, if the main electrical system goes down,, gets shut down,, go to battery back up,,, there is NO reason,, for a pilot, or ANYONE... to be able to, COMPLETELY shut down such a system,,, NO REASON!,,,

yes there is and its well known ,the designers build in a circuit breaker in case of fire so they can shut the circuit down before it engulfs the entire plane .similar to on your car or in your house wiring or in a multi story office block .overloaded cables catch fire if the power is still on/

yes there is and its well known ,the designers build in a circuit breaker in case of fire so they can shut the circuit down before it engulfs the entire plane .similar to on your car or in your house wiring or in a multi story office block .overloaded cables catch fire if the power is still on/

"if the main electrical system goes down,, gets shut down,, go to battery back up," Clear enough?

Well this is interesting,,, make of it what you want,,,

"Flight 370 Passenger Philip Wood Allegedly Sends Message from U.S. Military Base in Indian Ocean"

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/03/31/flight-370-passenger-philip-wood-allegedly-sends-message-u-s-military-base-indian-ocean/

Saw that article earlier and it is full of holes and why I didn't post it. Saying you can't modify the EXIF data is incorrect as there is software easily obtainable by anyone and easy to use to modify the EXIF and metadata however one wishes. Just another conspiracy site.

Well this is interesting,,, make of it what you want,,,

"Flight 370 Passenger Philip Wood Allegedly Sends Message from U.S. Military Base in Indian Ocean"

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/03/31/flight-370-passenger-philip-wood-allegedly-sends-message-u-s-military-base-indian-ocean/

Well having read it it says that the message was sent from an iphone 5S which was hidden up his ass to prevent discovery. Make of it what you want whistling.gif

Well another head scratcher:

For weeks, the media claimed the sign off was "All right, good night" or something else. Now Malaysia's Department of Civil Aviation is confirming something different. Why did they not release it earlier, or even just say something like, we're not go to release things yet because there are things being investigated, but the media reports so far are incorrect, or the rumors are incorrect.

"Last words from cockpit of MH370 were "Goodnight Malaysian three seven zero" "

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/se-asia/story/last-words-cockpit-mh370-were-goodnight-malaysian-three-seven-zero-20140

I've been racking my brain for weeks as to the intended meaning of 'All right' and now they change it to 'three seven zero'.

Three times seven is twenty one or three times seventy is two hundred and ten. Could this be a GPS coordinate?

It is the flight number. More coffee needed this early.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app