motorbike taxi drivers mafia in pattaya .help with this

kranuan

Why put the cucumber on the hotdog in the first place, if you did not want it ?

Excellent point! Does anyone wish to discuss this? Please keep it civil and polite!

Yes just think of the innocent cucumbers murdered in vain to satisfy peoples craving for junk food

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just find it physically and mentally impossible to throw litter whichever country I find myself in. I just can't let anything, however minute, drop on to the street

I suppose it's because I hate so many places being defiled by litterers.

If everyone walked down a soi depositing pieces of fruit and vegetables on the road as they went, it would soon be party time for cockroaches, ants and all the other unwanted species

'Cleanliness is next to Godliness'

Sorry if I sound so pious about this topic. I've got several bad habits but littering isn't one of them

Isn't this more to do with your up bringing ? ie if you threw litter on the ground as a kid you you got smacked across the head by your parents, I know I did and was made to go and pick it up and put what ever it was in the bin

facepalm.gif Hard to believe this story as thais litter everywhere all the time; especially in the ocean. That said, you should show an example and not litter. If you are here long enough the bike boyz will beat you senseless especially if you're drunk. I fought 5 of them, won, and hurt one bad. had to pay B10,000. I was innocent of any wrongdoing.wai.gif

The extraordinary part of this story, is that there is a 99% chance this guy throws his trash out of his car window daily. He probably urinates in the rivers. He probably dumps his trash in the wilderness areas. Very few Thais are even aware of nature, much less go out of their way to preserve it. So, this insect was simply looking to pick a fight. And yes, they never fight alone. He was looking for 12 on 1. He knew his insect buddies would have his back. He knew it was a no win for you. Best thing you can do is walk away, and arrange your life so that you never have to patronize these pigs. They are very low life forms. Very few taxi drivers of Phuket and Samui are kind hearted people, for the most part. Since it is an entirely unregulated industry, it attracts the worst of what Thailand has to offer.

• Like 1

If I was you, I would have picked up cucumber and put it in the bin.

The motorcycle driver was clearly unreasonable and I tend to avoid confrontations with unreasonable people, especially if they have 10 unreasonable friends.

(PS. I had a bad experience with a motorcycle taxi before and I just walked away)

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

Off topic, ending this pissing match. Last words, if you did have all these skills & strengths, one of such would never have to announce it to all, unless the said brain was smaller than average. If indeed a black belt you've a lot to learn about the strategy of fight & defense.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

this small brains gettin to you by the look of it, jai yen my mate am only 5'2, just avin a laugh..

just avin a laugh ....

Well you made me laugh.

Seems to be some right, uptight old gits on here sometimes. sad.png

I just find it physically and mentally impossible to throw litter whichever country I find myself in. I just can't let anything, however minute, drop on to the street

I suppose it's because I hate so many places being defiled by litterers.

If everyone walked down a soi depositing pieces of fruit and vegetables on the road as they went, it would soon be party time for cockroaches, ants and all the other unwanted species

'Cleanliness is next to Godliness'

Sorry if I sound so pious about this topic. I've got several bad habits but littering isn't one of them

Isn't this more to do with your up bringing ? ie if you threw litter on the ground as a kid you you got smacked across the head by your parents, I know I did and was made to go and pick it up and put what ever it was in the bin

Absolutely true. Thailand may be 10-30 years away from developing some sort of environmental sensitivity. They sure do not have it yet. Perhaps after all their fish are gone, and all their trees have been cut, and all the rivers are spoiled, but it will happen at some point. Until then, we simply have to do our part to set an example for them. I have walked up to Thais before, and have insisted they pick up their trash, that they just threw on the sidewalk. They usually look at me like I am from another planet (I am, planet outside world) but they usually pick it up with kind of an ashamed look on their faces.

If I was you, I would have picked up cucumber and put it in the bin.

The motorcycle driver was clearly unreasonable and I tend to avoid confrontations with unreasonable people, especially if they have 10 unreasonable friends.

(PS. I had a bad experience with a motorcycle taxi before and I just walked away)

Me too.

Avoidance of conflict is the key to staying out of hospital/alive in these parts.

That said, if you didn't avoid it, this type of story is entirely believable.

facepalm.gif Hard to believe this story as thais litter everywhere all the time; especially in the ocean. That said, you should show an example and not litter. If you are here long enough the bike boyz will beat you senseless especially if you're drunk. I fought 5 of them, won, and hurt one bad. had to pay B10,000. I was innocent of any wrongdoing.wai.gif

YES!

At last, someone sees the hypocrisy of it all.

I have seen and continue to see Thais litter all the time and before SOMDIT69 starts his usual rhetoric, yes, Thais really do litter (shock, shock, horror)

YES!

I have seen and continue to see Thais litter all the time and before SOMDIT69 starts his usual rhetoric, yes, Thais really do litter (shock, shock, horror)

No body is disputing this, but how many thai's if they do litter want to go back to the same location and confront or even threaten violence on somebody telling them off for littering ? Which is exactly what the OP suggested he wanted to do ?

YES!

No body is disputing this, but how many thai's if they do litter want to go back to the same location and confront or even threaten violence on somebody telling them off for littering ? Which is exactly what the OP suggested he wanted to do ?

Point taken.

But after reading page after page or drivel, excuse me for having a chuckle at the duplicity of the situation. Here we have litterers threatening litterers! Makes me laugh.

If the OP is or was stupid to go back out there and confront them looking for a fight, then he really needs to expect the worse doesn't he?

YES!

Point taken.

But after reading page after page or drivel, excuse me for having a chuckle at the duplicity of the situation. Here we have litterers threatening litterers! Makes me laugh.

If the OP is or was stupid to go back out there and confront them looking for a fight, then he really needs to expect the worse doesn't he?

There is a time and place for everything but would someone in their right mind possibly risk their life and or an extended stay in a hospital ward over a cucumber ?

A lot of you guys banging on about the OP miss the point.

The Thais can throw a bin full of rubbish onto the street and nothing is said or done. Here a foreigner (I don't use the word Farang ...ever) throws a tiny piece of cucumber and he nearly ends up in intensive care.

I see three things here.

1. The Thai guy clearly has an attitude towards the foreigner for nothing. Nothing strange here for the openly racist Thais.

2. The other 9 who came around were the usual bunch of yellow bellied, racist Thais who will beat up any foreigner for any excuse.

2. The foreigner was stupid to confront the locals.

If the Thai guy is really worried about rubbish on his streets then start his clean up with the tuk tuk drivers and then the taxi drivers.

• Like 1

We all know the Thai approach to trouble, but one has to ask why you chose to throw anything into the road. It's your rubbish, food or not; find a bin, or take it home and dispose of it.

I guess he felt he was doing the locals a favour and was just adding to their pile of filth on the street?

I think the Op she go back and confront them. It makes total sense, can't have these Thais getting above their station. I'm sure once Bwana has spoken they will understand, and realize that he is the real master.

Please let us know how it gets on, and post a few pictures.

• Like 1

It's finally come 'round to everyone agreeing about everything in substance.

Just wrt the feelings do we disagree, pity the poor OP or that he's silly for expecting things to be fair and civil here.

But thanks for the topic, it's been fun!

If I remember right from my 20+ years in Thailand, 7-11 hot dogs are served to you without anything on them, you have to add whatever condiments you want, so you must have put the cucumber on there in the first place. Why didn't you just leave it for someone else if you didn't want them? Just a thought......

Edited by ross163103

crazy.gif Who put the cucumber on the wiener and when did the OP know it!?!coffee1.gif

JT, I think this might be a job for Thailand's most famous Super Sleuth, Chalerm. If he's a little busy, maybe a poll?

If the motorbike taxi drivers were this dilligent to EVERYONE who threw rubbish, then great. Areas would be nicer. But they're not. As others have said, they get bored and farangs are there to be joked about....they don't fit into the Thai "class" system of respect. Farangs in a good mood will often have a laugh with motorbike taxi drivers which puts them on the same level socially (psychologically), and thus open to gossip, questions, offensiveness. Do you ever see Thai customers converse with them? No...because they want to keep that separation. They're aware of their social habits as above. Thais want the motorbike taxi drivers to maintain some respect for them and not become too at ease.

The drivers won't often order a passing Thai to do something, especially a male, more so a large older male, in case they have "contacts" and "money" that will affect them back indirectly. They're more scared of that than having a there and then fight. Foreigners don't use contacts to scare them, so no repurcussions.

Example: lo-so head of taxi queue at On Nut calls some farangs who prefer to walk down the soi instead of queue for one of his bikes "farang kee nok" to himself or the riders, but loud enough to hear. A good example of stupid logic and disrespect...BUT remonstrating with one of these guys (for a Thai) is to completely bring yourself to their level and would be shameful to the max.

• Like 1

Has ANYONE, I say, ANYONE, had a wiener served to them at a Thai 7-11 with cucumber ALREADY on it?

This is important, folks. whistling.gif

JT, please don't tell me it's all about The Cucumber?

Am 6 ft 4, 18 stone and got a black belt in death, am that hard even me nightmares are scared of me, am up for gettin a little firm together and waiten down a dark dusty soi, when one of them drops one of the boys off there we jump out and kick seven shades of kee out of him, see how they like it. Anybody fancy it?

Such an attitude, if such violence conducted against a Thai national will either have you blackballed from the country or have you thrown in prison. Though were are all in awe about your "power".

Can you not see that the poster is not being serious?

Was tired...went right over my head. The embarrassing thing is I've done that before with other posts, but was blinded this time. Those very bright lights on the tequila bottle. Even think the tequila was laughing at me.

Sorry, defense & fight, defense is always first.

Wrong, putting the attacker on the ground by any means, and making sure he does not get back up always comes first. After your 'defense', what happens when you turn your back? Also, what happens if he draws a weapon? Never mind what the law says, your life is more important.

Defense includes such moves as dis-arming or putting him on the ground (rather blocking, then slamming him to the ground). Even breaking something if necessary. A defensive hit can even be one that knocks them unconscious, whatever you can do to deter further action against you. Defense is not about running away, that would be diplomacy. Fighting is brawling, the continuous battle of beating the crap out of your opponent.